Author Topic: "No Disc" problem  (Read 2400 times)

Offline carnage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Cereal Killa
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"No Disc" problem
« on: Sep 24, 2005 at 09:10 AM »
I'm having problem with my Ganz Klar dvd player. When I put a dvd inside, it still read "No Disc". I tried all my dvd/vcd dics and I still got the message. What seems to be the problem? Do you know where is the service center for Ganz Klar dvd players? Help please!!!!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: "No Disc" problem
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 02:05 PM »
Seems no Ganz Klar user knows the authorized service center here. I would suggest you ask the AV shop you this unit from. They should know.  Alternatively, any AV repair shop should be able to diagnose your player. Seems it cannot properly read the directory information on the DVD.  Can it read CDs and VCDs?

Offline carnage

• Collector
  • Cereal Killa
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 09:19 AM »
It can't read anything (dvd/cd/vcd). Do you think the problem is the lens?

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 01:39 PM »
It can't read anything (dvd/cd/vcd). Do you think the problem is the lens?

I once encountered a similar problem in another forum and one of the gurus suggested opening the player top to check the lens assembly.  Turns out the lens was stuck and could not travel to the inner tracks to read the directory.  You may have a similar condition.  But opening the player can invalidate the warranty if it's still there.  I suggest you have a AV technician do this.

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2005 at 12:27 AM »
I once encountered a similar problem in another forum and one of the gurus suggested opening the player top to check the lens assembly.  Turns out the lens was stuck and could not travel to the inner tracks to read the directory.  You may have a similar condition.  But opening the player can invalidate the warranty if it's still there.  I suggest you have a AV technician do this.

Same symptoms as with my NB DVD. I wonder if it is also due to a stuck laser lens assembly or perhaps a dirty lens. I guess the only way to find out is with open surgery! Hopefully  i'll have time this weekend.
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2005 at 01:32 AM »
Should have it serviced.  It's caused by misalignment of lens :)

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2006 at 10:38 AM »
Just found out yesterday when i opened the player that the disc does not spin. Could it be a defective motor? How much does a repair cost? Thanks!
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline zeeroo

• Apprentice
  • Soupper BagaaaaL
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2006 at 10:46 PM »
i had my ganz klar subwoofer repaired before sa pioneer shaw blvd pasig city. matagal-tagal na din yun, mga 1999 pa yata yun...  try mo din dun kung nagre-repair sila ng mga dvd players.

Offline paps

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2006 at 11:02 PM »
@ sparc

a misaligned lens can also cause the disc not to spin :)

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2006 at 10:24 AM »
@ sparc

a misaligned lens can also cause the disc not to spin :)

Thanks paps! I guess i'll have it checked sa service center first before deciding to buy a new one.
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline jmike

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2006 at 01:27 AM »
I am using a GanzKlar DVD player with Divx.

I had that similar problem before. "No Disc" message when you insert any kind of disc, DVD, Audio CD etc.

I removed the cover of my unit and observed that the disc is spinning quite slowly.

Did some research and it suggested that the spindle motor might be the problem. Not necessarily the lens itself.

I removed the cd drive tray of my player and removed the spindle motor. (the motor which spins the disc) Its very easy to remove, just needed a soldering iron and a small screwdriver.

Went to Raon, and looked for a similar spindle motor, and luckily,they are very common and many stores sell them. The one I got cost only P100, brand new.

I soldered the new motor's wires, screwed it back to the drive tray, replaced the cd holder (don't push the cd holder too low, try pushing it a little bit at a time so the cd will have enough clearance fron the lens when its spinning).

Replaced the drive tray, reconnected the wires.

When I inserted a dvd, the disc spinned very fast and it read the dvd. I tried different kinds of cds with different contents, audio, divx, mp3. The unit read them all without any problems.

Offline valine

• Apprentice
  • Always believe in yourself.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 11:41 PM »
I have the same problem like yours but mine is portable dvd player. do you accept repair?