Author Topic: KENWOOD AVR  (Read 67186 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re:KENWOOD THX/DTS/DPL2 AVR
« Reply #60 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 04:09 PM »
Get more for your money!  Buy the Kenwood 9060D! ;D

Offline Narayan

• Trade Count: (+362)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • When we change. . . the world changes with us.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #61 on: Jul 21, 2003 at 01:41 PM »
I bought the 9060D last december at sm mega and paired it with mordaunt short declaration 900series
speakers all around and am very very happy  :D with the pair. may link sa ecoustics.com tungko sa equivalent U.S. model VR6070 na very helpful. Those interested should audition the pair at 5th ave mega. Mas ok mga tao don.l
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC
Meadowlark Kestrel 2/ERA D10

Offline nels76

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #62 on: Jul 21, 2003 at 05:57 PM »
Narayan,

naka-9060D ka din pala. Ako din.
Actually iyong forum din sa ecoustics made me decided to get this.

But as of now, la pa ko Speakers dedicated for my setup. Meron lang ako Sub. Kenwood din - SW 301 which really pump LFE.

What can you say with your unit?

Buy the way, I am considering getting Monitor Audio for my Front, Center, and Surround.
Noong una asiwa ako kumuha ng MA (Monitor Audio) because those are 6ohmers and the Receiver Specs says 8 - 16ohms. So I was worried na baka di kayanin ng Receiver and mag-shut-off during rigid use.

But last Saturday (07/19) I brought my receiver sa Archirtectural Audio and connected it with MA and Infinity - all 6ohmers  except Center. And No Problem naman. Actually na-o-overdrive pa nga iyong Front (MA B1). Siguro kaya talaga ng Receiver. So ngayon, I am just waiting for the budget and dadahan-dahanin ko na pagbili ng Speakers. Hopefully, October complete na.

Ok ba MS sa 9060D?
The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline akyatbundok

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #63 on: Jul 21, 2003 at 07:59 PM »
about 2 weeks ago i saw the krf-X7775D on sale at 5th ave for 25k.  this is thx select certified with 180watts x 5.  too bad when i went back to audition it, the price has gone back up.  must have been a display unit they were disposing.  the new unit they had on sale was the X9060D with 110watts x 6, also at 25k.  sayang!! 180watts on 5 channels is a lot of power.

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jul 21, 2003 at 08:26 PM »
akyatbundok,

Do you already have your receiver?

You may want to try this 9060D.

Although di naman ganoon ka-famous dito sa PinoyDVD ang Model nito, but, don't be traditional. If you ask fellows here they will always recommend HK, Yamaha, DENON.

Audition it yourself. Who knows baka magustuhan mo tunog.

Try mo din iba receiver. Take Note though that auditioning might be deceiving as you know, gumaganda pa tunog pag na-break-in and every shop has a diffrent set-up. Iba-iba player, cables, wires and might affect ung sound. You know what I mean.

Cheers.

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jul 21, 2003 at 10:56 PM »
nels76,

very contented naman ako with the unit. i believe hindi pahuhuli sa mga mas popular na brands. great value for money ang mga features, some of which are wala sa ibang more expensive brands.

ms 900 series speakers are ok with the 9060d and also i got them on sale as a 5.1 system less 20% discount so i believe good value pa rin.

akyat bundok,

i agree with nels76- iaudition mo. try mo yung circle sound (CS II) for both movies and music. sa akin, better than PLII ang dating.
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jul 24, 2003 at 01:16 PM »
check ko nga.. sabi ni rey sale pa din yung X7775D for 25k retail price daw ay 45k.  concern ko lang about kenwood is their inconsistency in the specs.  they dont carry the same models in different countries thats why its difficult to find reviews of their gear.  if they do have similar models, the specs are different.  for instance in asia/australia the X9995D is rated at 200w/ch, but in the uk its only 130w/ch.  plus instead of rating the full bandwidth of 20-20khz they just rate 1khz.  oks lang siguro yun coz onkyo does this too with their receivers.  in the end its up to the customer to audition and see if the power rating is sufficient for his needs.

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Aug 04, 2003 at 02:30 PM »
i was able to download a manual of the KRF-X7775D and found that the 180wpc being advertised turned out to be at 10% THD at 1khz, one channel driven.  but the specs at acceptable THD are actually pretty good.  it delivers 120wpc in stereo mode at 0.05% THD at 6ohms from 20-20khz, both channels driven.  in surround mode, it delivers 95wpc on all 5 driven channels at 0.005% THD.  this would place it at the same level spec & price as the marantz 5300.  not bad at all.

i also downloaded the manual for the KRF-X9060D.  it is rated at 100wpc in stereo mode at 0.09% THD, both channels driven.  the 130wpc rating is at 10% THD.

anyway, the ratings are just a guide as to its power output.  ultimately, its the sound that matters.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2003 at 03:00 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline bOiNkEy

• Apprentice
  • Hiya.....!
  • Liked:
Pls. give review of this AVR...
« Reply #68 on: Aug 20, 2003 at 06:42 PM »
Hi guys!Pls help me with this AVR, give me some feedback about Kenwood VR-7070..Thanks..!

VR-7070
 THX Audio/Video Receiver

The Kenwood VR-7070 has been engineered to merit demanding THX® Select Certification, making that high level of home theater performance more accessible than ever. Combining high-end surround sound processing with advanced features, the VR-7070's impressive digital surround-sound processing capabilities include THX Cinema Mode, THX Surround EX, Dolby® Digital, DTS®, and DTS-ES (Discrete, Matrix, Neo:6). SRS® Circle Surround II creates an incredible 5.1-channel experience with ordinary 2-channel sources like CDs, VHS tapes and even FM radio. Active EQ by DSP tailors the receiver's response to bring the best sound out of whatever type of speakers you have (full-range, satellites, etc) and the type of program you're listening to (Movies, Music, or TV). The VR-7070 delivers 100 Watts into each of six channels in Surround mode, and 100 Watts per channel in Stereo, while its K-STAT Discrete Audio Amplifier, a Kenwood exclusive, helps to ensure the highest possible signal purity. Also included are a full complement of other AV inputs/outputs (including Component and S-Video) and a set of audio/video outputs that let you send your entertainment to a second zone. The included Universal Pre-programmed Remote controls the receiver, your TV, VCR, DVD player, cable or satellite tuner, and select audio components. An IR sensor input and IR repeater outputs let you use the remote to control your entire system even if the receiver is placed in a cabinet, or other non line-of-sight location.

Recommended Price $500.00  

KEY FEATURES
- 6th Amplifier Channel Selectable for Subwoofer or Surround Back
- Component and S-Video Inputs and Outputs
- Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES
- Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Sound
- Dual-Zone Operation: Audio and Video
- IR Inputs/Outputs
- Remote Control: New Universal LCD Pre-Programmed/Learning
- SRS Circle Surround II
- Surround Power: 100 Watts x 6
- THX Cinema Mode
- THX Select Certification

GENERAL FEATURES
- AC Accessory Outlets: 2 Switched
- Aluminum Front Panel
- Audio Muting
- Auto Function One-Touch Operation
- Display Dimmer
- Dot Matrix Display with Volume Indication: 8-Character
- Dynamic Rotary Encoder Volume Control
- Finish: Midnight Black
- IR Repeater Outputs: 2
- IR Sensor Input
- System Control Connections for Kenwood Components: 2, SL16 Format

POWER RATINGS
- Stereo Power: 100 Watts per Channel (FTC, Left/Right, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.09% THD, 8 ohms)
- Surround Power (Center): 100 Watts (20Hz - 20kHz, 0.09% THD, 8 ohms)
- Surround Power (Left/Right): 100 Watts + 100 Watts (20Hz - 20kHz, 0.09% THD, 8 ohms)
- Surround Power (LSurround/RSurround): 100 Watts + 100 Watts (20Hz - 20kHz, 0.7% THD, 8 ohms)
- Surround Power (Selectable--Subwoofer/Surround Back): 100 Watts (20Hz - 20kHz, 0.09% THD, 8 ohms)

AUDIO FEATURES
- Active EQ by DSP
- Adjustable Analog Input Sensitivity: with Individual Source Memory
- Analog-to-Digital Converter: 24-Bit Resolution, up to 96kHz Sampling Rate
- Audio DSP Listening Modes: 5 (Arena, Theater, Jazz Club, Stadium, Disco)
- Automatic Analog and Digital Signal Format Detection & Selection
- Bass Management: Full Digital
- Digital to Analog Converter: 24-Bit Resolution, up to 96kHz Sampling Rate
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Digital EX
- Dolby Pro Logic II: 5.1-Channel Movie and Music Modes
- DSP Processor: 32-Bit ADI Melody
- DTS Digital Surround
- DTS-ES: Discrete, Matrix, Neo 6
- Dual-Zone Operation: Audio and Video
- Loudness Control: using Remote
- Midnight Theater Mode
- SRS Circle Surround II
- THX Adaptive Decorrelation
- THX Bass Peak Level Management
- THX Front-Channel Re-Equalization
- THX Loudspeaker Position Time Synchronization
- THX Select Certification
- THX Subwoofer Crossover
- THX Timbre-Matching
- Tone Controls: Bass, Treble
- Bass Boost

VIDEO CONNECTIONS
- Front Panel AV/Aux Input: with S-Video
- Room B Video Monitor Output: 1 Composite
- Video Inputs: 2 Component, 5 S-Video, 5 Composite (Total)
- Video Monitor Outputs: 1 Component, 1 S-Video, 1 Composite
- Video Record Outputs: 1 Composite, 1 S-Video

AUDIO CONNECTIONS
- 6-Channel Analog Audio Input
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 Coaxial, 2 Optical
- Digital Audio Outputs: 1 (Optical)
- Headphone Jack
- Phono Input with RIAA EQ
- Preouts: L/C/R/LS/RS/Sub/LSurrBack/RSurrBack
- Room B Preouts: Left/Right
- Stereo Analog Audio Inputs: 6 (Total)

AMPLIFIER FEATURES
- 6th Amplifier Channel Selectable for Subwoofer or Surround Back
- K-STAT Discrete Audio Amplifier
- Speaker Connectors: Banana Plug-Compatible (L/C/R Channels), One-Touch (Surround Channels)

TUNER FEATURES
- Automatic and Manual Tuning
- Direct Preset Call: with Remote
- Quartz PLL Synthesized Digital Tuning
- Station Presets: 40 (FM/AM)

REMOTE CONTROL FEATURES
- Direct Input Source Selection
- Remote Control: New Universal LCD Pre-Programmed/Learning

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Aug 21, 2003 at 07:13 AM »
boinkey,

based on my reading on the net, this VR-7070 (KRF-X9070D) is just the same as VR-6070 in features (KRF-X9060D in Asia and Australia). The only difference is the remote control. But based on specs that you have posted here, I think remote is also the same as VR-6070. Siguro iyong iba remote ay applicanle lang sa US Version. That was a touch zone remote that when you touch the remote, it automatically lits.

I think this VR-7070 is the corrected VR-6070, Since the latter had some problems - like shutting down when overheated, but not all units manufactured. I have the VR-6070 and it sounds great sa HT. sa Stereo, tama lang. VR-7070 (KRF-X9070D) is not yet available here as of now. I checked at 5th Avenue.

As of now, no professional review yet for VR-7070. But the VR-6070 got twice 5-star rating from S&V on there 3rd and 4th quarter issues last year.

Hope this helps.

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Sep 02, 2003 at 11:39 PM »
To other Kenwood KRF-X9060D owners/users,

Kindly share your experiences with this AVR. What set-ups do you use, adjustsments, discoveries, problems encountered, remedies or solutions, etc. Thanks  :)

Narayan
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Sep 03, 2003 at 12:25 PM »

Problems?

Well, I am not the type of person who does not always look sa positive side but also sa negative side. And I am willing to post it here. But besides those negative factors, I still love this receiver. Better than those overhyped receivers.

STEREO: Average Sounding. Ok lang. I don't listen to Classical Music, Pavarotti, London Philarmonic Orchestra. This receiver just compliments my type of music: Techno, House, Club.  

MOVIES: Well, very clean sound better than HK2550*. Still sounds Clean at HIGH VOLUME. No Distortion. Can get really loud. and I mean LOUD. I can go as high as +5 (Max. is +10) without distortion even sa Sub.  

*Side by side comparison sa HK (2550) at Archi Audio. I brought my receiver there when I auditioned Infinity Speakers and Monitor Audio Speakers.  

NEGATIVES:
- Madaling Uminit. Even na naka-on lang at 0 Volume. Hotter than HOT. And this tempereture increase sometimes makes me worried na baka mag-shut off. Because this was the problem sa US. Lot of the units there encountered shutting-off problem when overheated based on my research sa net. So far, I don't encounter shutt-off  even if the unit is very HOT. I thought ma-solve siya when I used MS. Because previously connected speakers are 6-ohmers and unit indicates 8-16 ohms only. But still, even connected to 6-ohmers, no shut-off encountered.

Receiver Bleeding:
Connect a source (CD Player, Tape Deck) through Analog connection. Lets say connected sa "Input 1", you can hear the sound sa Input 1 when you switch to Input 2. But you will only hear a faint sound at MAX VOLUME. You will only be able to hear if you are close to the speakers. Other BRANDS have this problem also - YAMAHA, NAD, based on research sa net. Presence of this sa NAD I confirmed sa SPECTRA. Ask JIM.

So far, these are the negatives na nakikita ko.

Mas-madami positive. Baka di na magkasya dito.  

Cheers.

Other users, please post.

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Sep 03, 2003 at 11:21 PM »
nels76,

Thank you sa inputs mo bro. I agree that average lang pag stereo. That's why I normally engage the CSII circuit to improve the sound. It works for me.

Napansin ko rin yung mainit sa ibabaw ng unit lalo na pag matagal na ginamit. Is this not common to AVRs? ??? Lastly, 2 times ko nang nanotice when the power momentarily went off sa amin, the unit doesnt go to back to standby mode pag balik ng power. I had to turn the  main power switch back on.  Otherwise, I am also very happy with it.  :D
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Sep 05, 2003 at 06:05 AM »
Narayan,

Mukhang tayong dalawa lang na taga-pinoy dvd ang meron nito ha. Tayong dalawa lang nag-uusap. But don't be discouraged as far as we know na great sounding ang AVR natin.

Yeah. I agre to you na ox talaga CSII. Napansin ko na mas-gusto ko ito kaysa sa DPLII and DTS NEO. Mas natural tumunog CSII and mas-convincing.

Normal lang iyang pag-init na yan. HK Receivers matindi rin uminit and other High-End Receivers. Kaya they are equipped with exhaust fan sa likod. If I were you, I'll put exhaust fan sa ibabaw para di gaano mag-init. Mahirap na. I've read somewhere that too much heat for AVR's can cause damage in the long run. Although In my case, I have yet to buy an exhaust fan.

Be thankful about 9060D going back to standby mode only when power resumes during power interruption and you still have to turn power again. This is a Power Surge Protection system. Remember, how Power Surge can damage electronics equipment.

Pag resume ng Power, it carries with it higher voltage than usual and high current at pag pumasok sa Unit mo can cause damage, I think KENWOOD incorporates this sa kanilang AVR's for protection.

Mabuhay.

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Sep 05, 2003 at 11:44 PM »
nels76,

Looks like tayo nga lang ang proud 9060D owners na pinoy dvd member. Anyway ok lang with me. Dadami rin ang mga yan when they get exposed to the MS speakers hooked to this AVR and discover how great sounding it is.

Kinonsider ko rin ang exhaust fan. Need to find medyo manipis lang coz dont have big enough space on top of the AVR. Kailangan din the fan should be silent. Will try to look at raon soon.
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Sep 06, 2003 at 06:53 AM »
Narayan,

Picture naman jan.

I will post my HT setup on the other thread once I have my MS 912. May mahihiraman na ko ng Digital Camera.

I've read from the MS Speakers Thread that you succesfully engaged THX and EQ Setting Simultaneously. Told you ok tumunog.

By the way, to improve sound on Stereo Mode, you can also use EQ Mode.

And during CSII Mode, settings can also be adjusted, e.g., Center Focus, Tru Bass, and many others. Just read the manual.

One more thing, CSII and EQ Setting can be engaged simultaneously. Ewan ko lang kung hindi ma-excite ears mo jan.

One thing I notice - If you disconnect the AVR from the Power Supply, after one day, CSII settings will be deleted. Kaya I always connect to Power Suppy although aff naman iyong AVR.

Cheers

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Sep 06, 2003 at 10:24 PM »
nels76,

Sige, I'll borrow my daughter's digital camera and have my humble set-up posted asap. Di ko pa alam how. Paturo na lang ako sa kanya.

Thanks for the tips on the stereo and EQs. I also dont unplug the AVR unless I will be away for a while.
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Sep 08, 2003 at 01:44 PM »
kenwood owner na rin po ako mga bosing!  hehe... got a nice 2ch power amp from a fellow pinoydvd member (thanks bro!).  this will probably power my fronts for HT at 130watts/ch.  i have little hesitation with the kenwood brand as i know they are capable of producing reference quality products.  one of the items i'm waiting to turn up for sale is the kenwood/trio L-series.  the L-02A is an integrated amp that has external 17kg power transformers.  this unit cost 250k bnew in the 80's but now they're turning up in yahoo auctions at around 8k.  the L-0xM monobloc power amps are also turning up at good prices.  among the new receiver models, ive seen the KRX-7775D and 9060D selling bnew for around 25k.  other popular brands at the same power rating (100W/ch) are usually priced a bit higher.  i haven't heard these yet coz the mordaunt speakers were connected to Teac receivers when i auditioned them.

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Sep 08, 2003 at 11:22 PM »
Akyatbundok,

Welcome to the club.

Well, I'll be a liitle generous. magpapasko naman eh.

I will let you listen to my HT.
It's a 9060D connected to MS Speakers (except sub and suround).

If you would like to listen, bring a reference movie to listen to. (Just make sure it's a multi-region DVD 'cause my DVD Player right now is a Jap Ver PS2). Only reads R2 Original DVD and Multi-Region DVD's.

Listen to that movie first on any HT setup then bring it to my place and let's have an "HT" Session. I am near Malate Area.

Most of the time I am free on SAT AM. then go to work in the afternoon.

PM if you're interested.

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Sep 09, 2003 at 12:07 AM »
akyatbundok,

Welcome to the kenwood group bro. :D Kindly post your observations on your new acquisition paired with the MS speakers.

nels76,

Can I join you two guys once you've agreed on a date? Am usually free on saturday mornings. ;D Then maybe we can audition each other's HT system. Maybe we can learn a thing or two from each other.
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Sep 09, 2003 at 12:19 AM »
Narayan,

No prob dre.

It's time to meet new people and new faces.

Anyway, baka pagpunta niyo sa bahay gusto niyo kumuha ng Insurance? (Joke, joke, joke)

Cheers.

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Sep 09, 2003 at 12:26 AM »
nels76,

Thanks bro! Sige magplano tayo. I think next saturday after this week will be perfect for me. Lets see about akyatbundok's schedule.
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Sep 09, 2003 at 12:37 AM »
Narayan,

Kung may EB sa Filinvest, pwede ba sumama?

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Sep 09, 2003 at 11:21 AM »
uy sali ako dyan!  sakto sa saturday... next next saturday ba?  thanks pre, been wanting to hear kenwood + mordaunt but never had the chance.

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Sep 09, 2003 at 11:12 PM »
Levi and akyatbundok,

All the time my bros. Tamang tama bro levi sabay na natin calibration pwede ba? ;D Just pm me your preferred sked next saturday after this coming one. Flexible naman sked ko. Look forward to meeting you guys! :)
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Sep 10, 2003 at 12:34 AM »
Im usually available on weekdays but I will try to contact you if Im free on a Sat.

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Sep 10, 2003 at 02:59 PM »

Akyatbundok, Narayan, Levi,

so, you can possibly come to my place. Are you referring to 20th of this Month? We can start at about 10AM. In the afternoon, I'll be going to work. So, mga 10 - 12 tayo.

If you'll be coming, i'll meet you at McDo beside Phil Christian University along Taft Ave at 930AM.

Bring a reference movie. I'll be open to criticism about my HT setup.

Lalo na sa akyatbundok. naka-Marantz na as AVR. As what I've said, bring a multi-region DVD's because I only have PS2 as my temp DVD Player.

Now is the better time to do this. Next month our house will be renovated, so, magulo and wala ng place.

See ya.

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Sep 10, 2003 at 07:29 PM »
nels76,

call ako bro on the 20th of this month. if levi is available, pwede rin sabay kami to go there coz we live in the same neighborhood. afterwards we can schedule the next one.

Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Sep 10, 2003 at 11:17 PM »
me too!  10am on the 20th is ok.  ano kaya magandang movie panoorin?  sana meron tayo nung demo disk tulad ng avia or fox demo.  meron kayong HDCD?  ive never heard one before.  i think kenwood is the only avr that has both CSII + HDCD decoding (i could be wrong).

nels76, marantz avr + kenwood power amp ang setup ko ngayon.  got both from fellow pinoydvd members at good price kaya i took the plunge.  mabuhay ang mga kapatid natin sa singapore!

Offline Narayan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Sep 11, 2003 at 07:31 PM »
Hi guys,

Mukhang tuloy na tuloy na audiiton natin kina nels! I have a fox demo disc # 2 which we can use. Can also bring a few music cds to try.

Am not sure about the 9060D having HDCD capability. Meron be nels?

Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC