Author Topic: DTI blacklists 23 local, 28 foreign cargo forwarders  (Read 7792 times)

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DTI blacklists 23 local, 28 foreign cargo forwarders
« on: Oct 17, 2012 at 08:15 PM »
MANILA - (UPDATED 7:03 p.m.) Ahead of the holiday gift-giving season, the Department of Trade and Industry has blacklisted 23 local cargo forwarders and their 28 foreign counterparts following rising complaints of undelivered balikbayan boxes.

The DTI on Tuesday identified the following local freight forwarders as having no accreditation with the department’s Philippine Shippers Bureau, and as having been the subject of complaints on undelivered packages:

- 2GO Express Inc.;

- Aerosend;

- Alas Cargo Phil.;

- Associated Consolidation Express;

- Dausan International Forwarder;

- FACF Parcel Delivery;

- FRS Philippine Freight Services Inc.;

- International Cargo Forwarder;

- J.J. Transglobal Brokerage;

- JAR Cargo Forwarders;

- Mail Plus Cargo Carriers;

- Manila Broker;

- Maru Cargo Logistics Phil.;

- R&M Cargo Services;

- Rodah Cargo Manila;

- South Atlantic Cargo Inc.;

- Trico International Forwarding (Phils) Inc.; and

- VCG Customs Brokerage.

The following companies, while accredited, have been blacklisted and subject to DTI show cause orders because of complaints on undelivered balikbayan boxes:

- D’ Winner Logistics Phil. Inc.;

- LCSN Express Movers Inc.;

- MC Plus Inc.;

- Transtech Global Phil Inc.; and

- Wide wide World Express Corp.

The DTI-PSB also blacklisted 28 foreign principals and overseas consolidators that had been the subject of complaints on undelivered packages (see table below).

“Overseas Filipino workers who will send their balikbayan boxes and their consignees in the Philippines should book their packages only with reliable and PSB-accredited freight forwarders and Philippine agents to ensure that their packages will reach their destinations,” said Victorio Mario Dimagiba, DTI-PSB director-in-charge, in a statement.

“Senders may verify the company name of the Philippine sea freight forwarder counterpart at www.dti.gov.ph, or they may visit our Philippine Consulate offices abroad,” he said.

Dimagiba said foreign principals and cargo consolidators overseas must have local counterparts that are accredited by the DTI-PSB if it is a sea cargo forwarder and the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines if an air cargo forwarder.

He also warned cargo senders from abroad against very low door-to-door rates that some foreign principals offer. “With low rates, they [foreign principals] do not have enough funds to bear the cost of transporting cargoes, and they fail to remit delivery funds to their Philippine freight forwarders, causing the shipments to be abandoned at the ports and not being delivered to consignees,” the DTI official said.

“For consignees in the Philippines who have not received their packages from freight forwarders, they may contact DTI (02-751-3330) or go to PSB office to file an immediate claim or complaint,” he added.

Source: http://www.interaksyon.com/business/45689/balikbayan-beware-dti-blacklists-23-local-28-foreign-cargo-forwarders

Buti na lang nag ok ang shipping ko with FRS di nadale ang PJ and Yamaha reciever ko.  >:D >:D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline HDFanatic

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: DTI blacklists 23 local, 28 foreign cargo forwarders
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 09:37 PM »
oooppppsss.... i just received emails from FRS since i would like to use their service for my newly bought speaker sets and pj.... hehehe....

buti nabasa ko ito :))

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 10:11 PM »
Is this list area specific? it says that Global Cargo is included but the country of origin is Saudi Arabia. I had a box sent to me from the US last July 31 and Global Cargo is the courier. Their website had an ETA of Sept. 14 and every time I complain about it's delay, I got a call from their office about the whereabouts of the box.. For four weeks, they had a reason why my box is still in Manila. And since Global Cargo is not included in the US blacklist, Do I still had to worry about my box?
Columbia

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM »
wow i transact with some of these companies and luckily wala pa nawawala.

thanks for the info.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 03:14 AM »
wow i transact with some of these companies and luckily wala pa nawawala.

Me too.  I now begin to wonder what the quickest way is to check if a company is legit.

Offline electrohaus_lp

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Best Bang for your Buck
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 03:43 AM »
before i used to ship using FRS cargo (NY-Mla route ) pero nagka problema ako. Last padala ko  took 4 months yata bago na deliver. Now thru Forex Cargo ( LAX/ Viginia - Mla ) very reliable . Once lang ako na may mga receivers  na damage but i just sent the invoice kung magkano bili ko and immediately they refunded the amount..

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 07:44 AM »
tried FRS airfreight service last september, OK naman at walang problema. i received my optoma pj and 3D glasses+HDMI cables in good shape. 7 days shipping lang from NY to MNL although umabot ng almost 2 weeks all together including weekend and domestic shipping to leyte.

baka mga complaints ito sa seafreight. pati nga 2GO na malaking companya, kasama din

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 08:11 AM »
Even if listed yung company mo dyan, it does not mean that ALL their transactions are faulty, it just means that these companies have a high rate of lost packages. Even reputable companies has faults. I guess these companies has reached a certain level of lost package threshold.

Offline -lee-

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 08:35 AM »
Is this list area specific? it says that Global Cargo is included but the country of origin is Saudi Arabia. I had a box sent to me from the US last July 31 and Global Cargo is the courier. Their website had an ETA of Sept. 14 and every time I complain about it's delay, I got a call from their office about the whereabouts of the box.. For four weeks, they had a reason why my box is still in Manila. And since Global Cargo is not included in the US blacklist, Do I still had to worry about my box?

let's just hope na d po kasali yung global cargo sa US :) atleast wala naman sa blacklist ang Nets & Knicks Logistics which is their local forwarder. kakatawag ko lang dahil dito  ;D  i'm also wating for two boxes, yung isa, ngayon daw ang dating sa warehouse nila, most probably nextweek daw delivery dito sa laoag, box was sent from NJ last Aug 25.
Ano reason nila sir bat wala pa yung box mo?

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 08:59 AM »
I just posted the same link to the immigration forum,...
Yesterday when I asked my balikbayan picked up here,
my shipper gave me a document from DTI saying so.
Good thing my shipper is not included in the list, actually,
my wife uses both ATLAS SHIPPERS INTERNATIONAL or LBC,...
The best thing about Atlas is that may bonus junior box sila,
which is free shipping kasama nung Jumbo box... And subok ko na
na walang 1 month ay nasa Nueva Ecija na ang box na pinadala,...

Just be wary, nagulat nga ako pati yung ABS-CBN Star Cargo ay nasama sa list...

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 01:35 PM »
let's just hope na d po kasali yung global cargo sa US :) atleast wala naman sa blacklist ang Nets & Knicks Logistics which is their local forwarder. kakatawag ko lang dahil dito  ;D  i'm also wating for two boxes, yung isa, ngayon daw ang dating sa warehouse nila, most probably nextweek daw delivery dito sa laoag, box was sent from NJ last Aug 25.
Ano reason nila sir bat wala pa yung box mo?
1st reason (1st week): there was a delay in "offloading"
2nd reason (2nd week): hindi napasali sa container going to Cagayan de oro
3rd reason (3rd week): the same as above and they don't want to send it as "loose cargo"
4th reason (4th week): there was a problem with Sulpicio and Lorenzo Shipping..
Columbia

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 04:30 AM »
Pero bago pa man umalis ng US yang mga packages natin ay may random check na daw ngayon dito sa US Customs, and yun din ang isang dahilan kung bakit may kaunting delay ang mga packages natin, medyo may kalokohan kasi ang ibang kababayan natin at kung ano ano ang isinisingit na ipinapauwi sa atin,...  :o