Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 100 series  (Read 49438 times)

Offline hificrazy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 100 series
« Reply #120 on: Jun 22, 2015 at 10:15 PM »
not sure. Let us ask Remington..  :-) sya may experience mag lagay ng extra tweeter.

Offline onil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: Sep 27, 2015 at 04:20 PM »
Mga Boss, hihingi lang sana ako ng inputs sa inyo. Wharfedale 155 at 102C nakakabit sa Yamaha 573. Si commander kasi mahilig magvideoke, pwede bang gamitin ang mga speakers sa videoke nya? Pag nagvivideoke si misis di na naman gaya ng mga biritan at din rin naman nakikipaglakasan ng kanta. Libangan nya lang pag nasa bahay. Kung bibili pa kasi ako ng speaker na pangvideoke nya, kulang na kulang na sa space. Salamat po.

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #122 on: Sep 28, 2015 at 06:31 PM »
good luck na lang sir na wag masira yang speakers mo.

feedback ng microphone usually ang nakakasira ng tweeters. sayang naman yang wharfedales mo, mahal din yan.

at mahal magpa ayos ng speakers.

Offline neilc

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Sep 28, 2015 at 09:49 PM »

Mga Boss, hihingi lang sana ako ng inputs sa inyo. Wharfedale 155 at 102C nakakabit sa Yamaha 573. Si commander kasi mahilig magvideoke, pwede bang gamitin ang mga speakers sa videoke nya? Pag nagvivideoke si misis di na naman gaya ng mga biritan at din rin naman nakikipaglakasan ng kanta. Libangan nya lang pag nasa bahay. Kung bibili pa kasi ako ng speaker na pangvideoke nya, kulang na kulang na sa space. Salamat po.

Your speakers won't last as the wharfs are not built for that.
Apple enthusiast. PlayStation Addict

Offline hificrazy

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Oct 04, 2015 at 04:21 PM »
Hi! Need your experience and suggestions. What do you think is the best budget amplifier for the 121? :-) thanks!

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Oct 04, 2015 at 07:06 PM »
bro, try NAD 326bee integrated amp with your wharfe 121.

i tested that setup at Listening Room last month. nice combination for a budget setup, it will definitely make your wharfe 121 sing into its full potential.

Offline hificrazy

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Oct 05, 2015 at 05:21 PM »
oks, will try the 326 bro. Hopefully I can go to Manila this month. thanks!

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #127 on: Nov 05, 2015 at 04:02 PM »
Hi Guys, Im new here. Plano ko bumili ng diamond 10.7 or 157 for 2 channel set up. Ang tanong are they good in rock or metal music with double bass sounds? please any help...TIA.

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Nov 05, 2015 at 05:24 PM »
wharfe 157 is good enough for rock and metal music,provided you have powerful amp because wharfes are hard to drive speakers and it needs more amp juice for it to sing well.

you also need to have a powerful subwoofer for your type of music.not necessarily wharfedale sub but choose a sub brand with a minimum of 12 inches woofer.

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Nov 05, 2015 at 06:33 PM »
wharfe 157 is good enough for rock and metal music,provided you have powerful amp because wharfes are hard to drive speakers and it needs more amp juice for it to sing well.

you also need to have a powerful subwoofer for your type of music.not necessarily wharfedale sub but choose a sub brand with a minimum of 12 inches woofer.

Thanks for your input Sir, What amps do you suggest? I already have the Onkyo 636. Do I have to look for powerful amp? My room size is only 14x17 FT. It would be overkill with the 12'' sub?What do you think. Please give good advice...TIA

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Nov 06, 2015 at 11:21 AM »
for music, i suggest an integrated amplifier (for wharfedale speakers-pioneer integrated amps will do,puwede rin NAD amp.) since it is really built for music,not an AV receiver. your Onkyo 636 might not provide the amp juice you need for your speakers considering your type of music: rock,metal and contemporary type of music with double bass sounds.

Onkyo AV receivers are excellent in movies,but average only on music (especially your music preference) because of the reality today that manufacturers tend to pack unnecessary features and features you might even need at all (featuritis) just to compete in the mass market.

your room is considered small (as per standards of Wharfedale which provides that small room=20 sq.meters and below.)

even if your room is considered small, 12"sub is not overkill for your type of music with double bass sounds, it might even be the most appropriate under the circumstances which can generate low,deep subsonic bass for the music which you crave for.but it will not be appropriate for classical,jazz,instrumental, and voices type of music. puwede mo naman anytime hinaan ang volume pag medyo malakas pero pag kulang sa bass output, mas mahirap kasi your option would be to buy another sub.

Offline jgngo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jun 06, 2016 at 06:00 PM »
Just checked with Spectra and the price of 121 and 10.1 are about the same. Which one should I get? In terms of looks, the 10.1 wins, but I don't know about sound quality because they sound practically the same. What do you think?

Offline egzbuen

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jun 06, 2016 at 08:11 PM »
Just checked with Spectra and the price of 121 and 10.1 are about the same. Which one should I get? In terms of looks, the 10.1 wins, but I don't know about sound quality because they sound practically the same. What do you think?
One consideration of these speakers are their port holes. If your installing them in a tight place, or perhaps, near the wall, you might want to consider that the 10s porthole are at the rear compared to the 100s which are underneath.

Same considerations may be considered as well if the speakers will be placed in an entertainment cabinet.

Sent from hell

Offline arnoldsamson

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jun 06, 2016 at 10:27 PM »
just bought this afternoon from Spectra the 121 packaged with WH-C and WH-SR1 for 11.8k. I already have a Pro60 sub from Def Tech. Just what I need for my living room condo. Very satisfied, especially being a first time Wharf owner ;D. Warm sound nya, not fatiguing even for long music listening.

Offline jgngo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Jun 22, 2016 at 05:34 PM »
Ended up getting the 10.1 after comparing with the 121 because of the sound quality and looks. Also got to audition the Elac Debut B4 which was really better but 3x the price. Decided to get value for money 10.1.

Offline arnoldsamson

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Jun 25, 2016 at 10:38 AM »
Actually, planning on getting the 220 but I get interested in the package due to upgrade from Onkyo HTIB and also budget constraints :( I would want to get the 10.1 sana but the 121 seem to look more similar with the center and surrounds as far as looks is concerned. Satisfied naman ako so far, although since newbie here in HT very limited pa rin comparison ko with others. God bless.

Offline sandbox51ph

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Jan 19, 2017 at 12:36 AM »
Wharfedale owners, anyone who upgraded to the 200 series? Need your input on the best matched AMP for 220's?
Sony STR-DN1030
Sony STR-DN730
Sansui AU-D607X
Wharedale 220 and 22C
Onkyo 7.2

Offline dnous10

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jan 22, 2017 at 05:23 PM »
for music, i suggest an integrated amplifier (for wharfedale speakers-pioneer integrated amps will do,puwede rin NAD amp.) since it is really built for music,not an AV receiver. your Onkyo 636 might not provide the amp juice you need for your speakers considering your type of music: rock,metal and contemporary type of music with double bass sounds.

Onkyo AV receivers are excellent in movies,but average only on music (especially your music preference) because of the reality today that manufacturers tend to pack unnecessary features and features you might even need at all (featuritis) just to compete in the mass market.

your room is considered small (as per standards of Wharfedale which provides that small room=20 sq.meters and below.)

even if your room is considered small, 12"sub is not overkill for your type of music with double bass sounds, it might even be the most appropriate under the circumstances which can generate low,deep subsonic bass for the music which you crave for.but it will not be appropriate for classical,jazz,instrumental, and voices type of music. puwede mo naman anytime hinaan ang volume pag medyo malakas pero pag kulang sa bass output, mas mahirap kasi your option would be to buy another sub.

replying this old thread  ;D. thanks sir sa advice already have the integ amp just for 2.1 music set up. Yung receiver for ht nalang. problem ko now sa lakas kung mg patugtog tweeter ko bumigay hehe 2x na. mas powerful pla integ kaysa avr?

Offline sandbox51ph

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jan 23, 2017 at 06:37 PM »
Bought my amp for the Wharfedale 220's, paired it with a Sanui AU-D607X. The sound was very accurate, high, mid and low, you would not sense any lack of power. During the test though, the amp overpowered the speaker, I was playing Hotel California from Hell Freezes Over and one of the speakers hinted it can't take it anymore so I lowered the bass from +1 to -1 volume was probably at 11 o'clock. All was good after the session. When I took it home, I ran another set of music and it was fabulous. I can't say anything but wow.

I also tested some old school pioneer amps but none came to par with the Sansui. When i have a little more budget, I'll buy the 230's.
Sony STR-DN1030
Sony STR-DN730
Sansui AU-D607X
Wharedale 220 and 22C
Onkyo 7.2