Author Topic: Konzert Speakers and Sub W?  (Read 68520 times)

Offline RyanFelipe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Konzert Speakers and Sub W?
« on: Nov 07, 2001 at 10:33 PM »
hmmm i saw a Konzert Speakers and a subwoofer in one mall here in Angeles City..any reviews about it? when a guy demo it for me ok naman sya... but im thinking baka dun lang maganda baka sa house hindi na... what can u say about them?
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline deputy2000

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: Konzert Speakers and Sub W?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2001 at 10:49 PM »
RF,

saan mall yan dyan sa tapat ng Marlim's?

Konzert is minamarket ng Pioneer yan kaya magdala ka na lang ng favorite cd mo para mapakinggan mo ng husto and you can decide kung gusto mo sya talaga.

taga Angeles ka ba?
Cabalen?

chief

Offline GENDEMMIT

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2001 at 11:01 PM »
RF,
   Kakabili ko lang nang konzert subwoofer/speaker combo (yung malaki) at Sogo mga 2 weeks ago.  I'd go as far as to say na ka-match niya yung mga more expensive na Ganz-Klar subs na madalas makita sa Abenson's (at least to my ears).
    And have you tried lifting one of the speakers?  Mabigat siya!  Nagulat nga ako e.  Akala ko, sing bigat lang niya yung mga karaniwang "bangketa sale" sub/speaker combo (yung madalas makitang binebenta alongside mga generic dvd players).  Isa yon sa maga factor kaya ko siya binili.  Yung sub, nakahook up sa DPL reciever ko ngayon, and I have no complaints so far.  I used the speakers na kasama niya to "augment" my center speaker, so I wired it in series.  Pero, if you don't have a reciever, and just want a good stereo connection, this is the perfect low budget alternative.

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2001 at 11:09 PM »

RF,
   Kakabili ko lang nang konzert subwoofer/speaker combo (yung malaki) at Sogo mga 2 weeks ago.  I'd go as far as to say na ka-match niya yung mga more expensive na Ganz-Klar subs na madalas makita sa Abenson's (at least to my ears).
    And have you tried lifting one of the speakers?  Mabigat siya!  Nagulat nga ako e.  Akala ko, sing bigat lang niya yung mga karaniwang "bangketa sale" sub/speaker combo (yung madalas makitang binebenta alongside mga generic dvd players).  Isa yon sa maga factor kaya ko siya binili.  Yung sub, nakahook up sa DPL reciever ko ngayon, and I have no complaints so far.  I used the speakers na kasama niya to "augment" my center speaker, so I wired it in series.  Pero, if you don't have a reciever, and just want a good stereo connection, this is the perfect low budget alternative.

GENDEMMIT- I also saw the Konzert speakers that you are talking about, it has a nifty appearrance and doesn't look cheap, well one thing good for you is that you feel that it met up to your standards, but IMHO, with that price, I'd still go for the regular HT set-up of Daiichi since the Daiichi carries a lifetime warranty and possibly, if you had happen to audition the above mentioned speaker, you'd probably change your mind.
Just a thought. ;)
Enjoy your new acquisition. ;D

Offline GENDEMMIT

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2001 at 11:25 PM »
 Thanks, Alfie.  I'm sure I'll be happy with it for some time to come, kasi mababaw lang naman ang kaligayahan ko when it comes to audio.  Isa pa, baka patayin na 'ko ni esmi if I get yung talagang dumadagundong na sub.

But just for my info, ano ba itong Daiichi na sinasabi mo?  How much?

Offline neo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2001 at 11:51 PM »
Alfie,

What speakers are you using ba? And how good are the Dai-ichi speakers?  May set ba sila specifically for an HT set-up?  Any recommendations?  

Just saw some B&W speakers this morning.  Grabe, P96,000 for the whole HT set-up (similar to Woodie's).

- Neo

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 12:26 AM »

Alfie,

What speakers are you using ba? And how good are the Dai-ichi speakers?  May set ba sila specifically for an HT set-up?  Any recommendations?  

Just saw some B&W speakers this morning.  Grabe, P96,000 for the whole HT set-up (similar to Woodie's).

- Neo

Neo- Yes, I will give a bold statement here, Dai-Ichi speakers are good and they are sturdy. They also carry a lifetime warranty, others don't like them, and you may have heard complaints about such speakers, such as lack in balance,poor fidelity, crampped sounds etc.
I started with a JVC HT set-up, later transferred to a Wharfedale HT(one w/ those stands, not the valdus) and now have shifted gears to Dai-Ichi, I have the 513-c, and the recombinant 315??. I use the same subs as Vacummtubes but found them unappealing to my set-up so I placed back my JVC SW(only problem w/ this is that this came from the USA, thus I still have to use transformers.
My Wharfedale is now hooked to my Children's playroom, and it suits them well when they're playing their PS. The Daiichi SW complements the game mode of the Denon 1602 that my kids are used to.
Recently, I acquired the Dai-ichi 813, w/c others find discomfitting due to his size, you see it's a floor standing 3.5 ft. structure that will envelope a 35 sq. meter room. Now this I just employ as a dedicated audio speaker.
You might be wondering why am I into this, well simply for the very reason, that I want to patronize Philippine made products and I believe in them. Furthermore, I find the 813 as a cheap alternative to the Mission 717 series w/c causes a wallet busting Php 30,000.00. Do you want to know something trivial? the 813 won an award for an audiophile speakers way back in '95. The company also has been rated with an ISO9000.
Just think about it, if you have a 30T plus cost for an audio Sp, and you see another, that you'll want, it'll just make you drool all over, but if your gadget cost only in the low cost range, you can instanteneously say "here have mine, I'll get that".
Some rationale you might say.
Anyway, Neo, if your'e really interested in low cost HT set-up(you won't actually get the best from your speakers in an HT set-up, since you'll have to reconfigure the LFE's to your sub) Dai-Ichi has a Showroom at the 5th floor of the SM MegaMall.
Right now, I am thankful to the limitations of my taste, that led to  my sensibilities with my acquisitions since it leaves me room to pursue my other hobbies.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 12:31 AM »

Thanks, Alfie.  I'm sure I'll be happy with it for some time to come, kasi mababaw lang naman ang kaligayahan ko when it comes to audio.  Isa pa, baka patayin na 'ko ni esmi if I get yung talagang dumadagundong na sub.

But just for my info, ano ba itong Daiichi na sinasabi mo?  How much?

GENDEMMIT-It's the HT Set-up of Dai-Ichi, larger sattelites,w/ a recombinant subs, goes for around Php 6-7T in Quiapo, Of course it'll cost more in MegaMall, one of this days, just test it, who knows, it might even further your resolve with your acquisition.
They have the heavy duty recombinant, but it'll go for around Php 10-12000 complete with SW.

Offline neo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 02:00 AM »

(you won't actually get the best from your speakers in an HT set-up, since you'll have to reconfigure the LFE's to your sub)

Alfie, what do you mean by "reconfigure the LFE's to the sub"?  And when you say "recombinant", do you mean a "passive sub"?  Pasensya for being so clueless.

Thanks for your recommendation though.  BUY FILIPINO!!!

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 02:15 AM »
Neo- It's an Amplifier term,since these are now chipped and not analog,hence, the front Speaker's signals are "DIRECTED" towards the Subwoofer, LFE is LOW FREq. Effects. (I think you also participated in a DD/DTS discussion on this)
Recombinant, I mean that this speakers were matched for each other, in short, balanced, appropriated signals will come out form the set.(of course also dependent on the power of the amplifier)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 02:26 AM »
Hi! Just wanted to share some of my experiences with Dai-Ichi( or US Audio).  My center speaker before was a Dai-Ichi (3 way 100 watts) and it complemented well with my DPL receiver.  I bought the Dai-ichi coz I didnt have the budget for a more expensive speaker.  (What the heck my sub is a Dai=ichi too).  I was enjoying the said speaker coz it delivered crisp vocals, etc. When I sold my DPL receiver,   I decided to buy a replacement center speaker (a Pioneer S-MT5-C-K=> 2way 120 watts).  After auditioning it with my set-up...I wanted the Dai-ichi back! :'( It sounded better!
Just my personal experience though!  
Regarding the showroom in Megamall, you can audition any speaker in their home theater series in their sound room.   8)

Offline neo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 04:05 AM »

Alfie,

Okay, I get what you mean now.  My amp has a setting for doing this. Tnx.

nirv,

I'll check out their showroom at the MegaMall.  I was there a couple of times but didn't audition their speakers...I just bought 2 pairs of the Aura Bass Shakers. Mayroon ka na bang Bass Shaker?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 09:30 AM »
If your in Daiichi try to check out the studio acoustic brand. I think its there best line, the floor standing is only 6K, center for 2K and the bookshelf is 2500. It sound good and powerful bass. Im planning to get the floorstanding if I can sell my Wharf valdus.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 05:34 PM »
While auditioning the Dai-Ichi Speakers, do not forget to listen to the 813, I think this is the best that they have achieved, however, it has a Php 10,000 tag at the MegaMall, but if you venture deep in Raon you can get it for Php 7,900.00, The salespeople will always tell you that it has ceased production of the 813, but, if you ask them if it's alright for you to order one, they always seem to have a pair available.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #14 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 07:34 PM »

While auditioning the Dai-Ichi Speakers, do not forget to listen to the 813, I think this is the best that they have achieved, however, it has a Php 10,000 tag at the MegaMall, but if you venture deep in Raon you can get it for Php 7,900.00, The salespeople will always tell you that it has ceased production of the 813, but, if you ask them if it's alright for you to order one, they always seem to have a pair available.

Alfie, where in Raon are the Dai-ichi speakers?  Is it in the "electronic shopping center" on the corner of Raon and the Quiapo main road???  I saw a store there that sells Dai-ichi speakers and they were selling the sub for a good P5,500.00.  P500.00 cheaper than megamall.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 07:49 PM »

Alfie, where in Raon are the Dai-ichi speakers?  Is it in the "electronic shopping center" on the corner of Raon and the Quiapo main road???  I saw a store there that sells Dai-ichi speakers and they were selling the sub for a good P5,500.00.  P500.00 cheaper than megamall.

Nirvblakr- YUP... That's the showroom at the 2nd floor, actual prices quoted here are higher than the shop below, the shop marketing the Daiichi speakers is the SANSONIC Electronic store. It's the small store right beneath which have 3 salespersons who are always attending to someone,since most of the time, they are packed with customers.
If you want more space, go to the main store located at the DEECO corner st.(Liongco is the one near the Quiapo main road,Deeco is near Rizal Avenue)
Always haggle for a  lower price than quoted,chances are you'll get it.
BTW, in dealing with this people, know what you are bargaining for, that's the role of the showroom, go there,take your pick,BUT DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM..They are more expensive, Sansonic is the main distributor.
There are other shops selling, can give you a lower quote than Sansonic, but you'll have to know the model number so as to avoid confusion and time loss.
If I remember right,I got my SW10 for only Php 3,000.00, however when I returned to the store where I procured it, the owner said, he couldn't deal with daiichi anymore, :o  Didn't even gave any reason, and I just presumed that it's a case of bad credit(he gave me a bargain price and probably realizing he has no profit,just decided to keep everything for himself).
Well that's how business deals in Quiapo goes. ;)
Good Luck ;D

Offline Jonassen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 08:58 PM »
Alfie, will there be a dai-ichi setup on this coming party next saturday.  I really would want to hear and see them.

You're right. Dai-ichi has improved a lot.  I know a number of car audio enthusiasts who uses them in their cars' audio.  With a good installer, it could give the expensive branded ones a run for their money.

Btw, I know someone who has connections with Dai-Ichi.  I'll ask about the speakers you're recommending.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 09:11 PM »
PROTEGE98-As far as I know, NUNCA...for the set-up, but maybe you can help us if you have a DAi-ichi contact.
Also the way I see it, it's value for money thing. ;)

Offline RyanFelipe

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 11:23 PM »

RF,

saan mall yan dyan sa tapat ng Marlim's?

Konzert is minamarket ng Pioneer yan kaya magdala ka na lang ng favorite cd mo para mapakinggan mo ng husto and you can decide kung gusto mo sya talaga.

taga Angeles ka ba?
Cabalen?

chief

yeah sara harap ng Marlim Mansion... Saver's mall i think... taga ANgeles ka ba? taga Sn Fernando talaga ako..i just work in Clark :)

Offline Grail

• Collector
  • Grail
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 09, 2001 at 12:25 AM »
guys, pls post your findings about the daiichi speakers, specially the bookshelf ones (price and performance). I'm in the market for ht speakers myself.  ;)

Alfie, thanks for the post about the daiichi. can you comment about their bookshelf speakers? naghahanap kasi ako ng mura pero maganda tumunog, di naman maselan ang tenga ko. thanks. ;D

Offline vacuumtubes

• DVD Guru
  • Smile!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 09, 2001 at 12:49 AM »
Grail,
Try Daiichi BS505 bookshelf speakers then sa subwoofer naman ay US Audio 512 or Dynaquest DQ12 or kung meron pa ding Daiichi Subwoofer ASW10D basta buy active SW only kasi pag passive or no amplifier talo ka sa power at magsa-suffer yung amp mo kasi they will pull so much power out of your amp pag hindi active.

Okey yang BS505 mga price range nyan P2,000 – P2,500 pair and yung active sub na mention ko ay mga P7,500 to P8,000.
So kung sa audio mga P10,000 meron ka ng maayos na set-up.
Pwede din sya sa Home Theater mga 3pairs of BS505 ang bibilhin mo kaya lang hindi sya magnetically shielded at magkakaroon ng impurities ang tv like a violet color or portion will appear sa edge ng picture tube mo. so you need medyo malayong distance from the tv.
Ang hitsura nya ay BOSE ROOMATE kuhang-kuha nya yung physical outlook nun.

Meron sa Raon nung mga nabanggit ko.

Try mo din yung Eosone na speakers na parang egg-shaped kung may active subwoofer ka naman at satellite ang connections. Okey din yun!

aprub! :D
vax

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 09, 2001 at 12:05 PM »
may website ba ang daiichi?

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 09, 2001 at 07:57 PM »

may website ba ang daiichi?

I don't think so, since I told them about our group and even the manager was quizzical, just in case they do...well it's just probably a case of the Left not knowing what the right is doing. ;)
Remember, I was able to buy my SW10 dirt cheap. ;)

Offline Jonassen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 09, 2001 at 09:34 PM »
alfie, can you give me the specific models for each speaker (main, center, sub, etc, etc.) ?

I got in touch with a friend who can probably get a good price for them (a lot lower than what most shops are selling)

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 09, 2001 at 11:41 PM »
Protege, I'm quoting from memory, so here goes, I like the 513C for center rather than the entry(yes, even lower than low cost)level center. The main speakers I use the 315(that's what I remember, their foremost standard, but I think they have a newer, more efficient model) as for the surrounds, I believe mine is the BS515, but it was reported by Vax as a BS505. Now mine is so generic looking,and has magnetic shields but I saw the new sleekier looking model, slightly oval, smaller but as heavy as what I'm using. I haven't tried them so, I cannot really tell you if they soound as well.
The sub is the SW10, I didn't go for the one with the remote for the simple reason, that I feel that speakers should be stiff and solid, thus if you incorporate an electronic device that can be susceptible to shocks, it might cause problems in the near future, also, it's a lot cheaper.
I am endorsing this product since I believe in it's quality, I like the lifelong warranty, w/c for me translates to upgrades in the future(easier to upgrade a apeaker than an amp,isn't it Vacummtubes?)and the wood housing that they used, I have observed, that it, is a lot more  strenght in the solidity of the wood as compared to, the newer engineered wood being used by the imports. Furthermore, I am proud that it's a Philippine made product, I believe that, for this reason alone, it should be patronized.
The price is just a bonus, in fact, there's a Pioneer speaker set that's cheaper the Dai-ichi, and I'd still recommend the Daiichi.

Offline Grail

• Collector
  • Grail
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 12, 2001 at 05:09 PM »

Grail,
Try Daiichi BS505 bookshelf speakers then sa subwoofer naman ay US Audio 512 or Dynaquest DQ12 or kung meron pa ding Daiichi Subwoofer ASW10D basta buy active SW only kasi pag passive or no amplifier talo ka sa power at magsa-suffer yung amp mo kasi they will pull so much power out of your amp pag hindi active.

Okey yang BS505 mga price range nyan P2,000 – P2,500 pair and yung active sub na mention ko ay mga P7,500 to P8,000.
So kung sa audio mga P10,000 meron ka ng maayos na set-up.
Pwede din sya sa Home Theater mga 3pairs of BS505 ang bibilhin mo kaya lang hindi sya magnetically shielded at magkakaroon ng impurities ang tv like a violet color or portion will appear sa edge ng picture tube mo. so you need medyo malayong distance from the tv.
Ang hitsura nya ay BOSE ROOMATE kuhang-kuha nya yung physical outlook nun.

Meron sa Raon nung mga nabanggit ko.

Try mo din yung Eosone na speakers na parang egg-shaped kung may active subwoofer ka naman at satellite ang connections. Okey din yun!

aprub! :D
vax

thanks vacuumtubes!

Offline JakeCastle

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jun 02, 2007 at 03:19 PM »
Uhhhmm i thought this was about Konzert subs???
HTPC, Dtx PL10, Dtx PL25, Dtx custom rear, DTX 4.15, Sakura 387A

Offline wolfmatrix007

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 02:57 PM »
Uhhhmm i thought this was about Konzert subs???

me too im confused.. so which is better? konzert or daichi?

Offline pogingpogi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 07, 2008 at 04:10 PM »
I got my konzert active subwoofer from Raon yesterday for 3k. It's an 8-incher with a huge box. Here are the specs:

100WRMS power handling
35 to 180 hz frequency response
with 40-180hz low pass filter
with volume control knob
with RCA pre-outs
with fuse

I paired it with my yamaha satellite speakers and Yamaha AVR and it was so loud (which is a good thing) that I had to lower the subwoofer volume.

Compared to those subwoofers sold at Automatic Center worth 6k, the Konzert subwoofer is a sure winner, at a much lower price.

Offline ramsey

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Oct 07, 2008 at 05:03 PM »
Sir pwede ba malaman kun saan store sa raon ka nakabili. Ito ba yung rectangular ang box.  Yung nakikita ko kasi 10in. Pero yung top ay naka umbok w/c sells for around 4k. TY