Author Topic: Cignal Fibr  (Read 33181 times)

Offline DViant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
Re: Cignal Fibr
« Reply #30 on: Dec 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM »
A question.

What HD standard does Cignal Fibr follow? 1080p, 1080i or 720p?
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM by DViant »

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #31 on: Jan 04, 2014 at 07:59 PM »
Got PLDT Triple Play Service with Cignal today.

After almost half a decade on trial with PLDT Fibr (used to enjoy 100Mbps when everyone was barely breaking 1Mbps on DSL & Cable) I am now discontinuing one phone number and myDSL Pro (P3,000/month) subscription to get on the P5,800/month plan of Triple Play PREMIER & 20Mbp/s + 1 IPTV (with 1 additional IPTV box next week). Prior to this we stopped our two SkyCable SDTV subscription that we've had for almost two decades a week ago.

Really unfortunate that Cignal doesn't have the BBC. :\

Mods: Perhaps renaming the thread to "PLDT Fibr with Cignal" would be more descriptive a title?

Offline zoidar

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Feb 09, 2014 at 12:04 PM »
A question.

What HD standard does Cignal Fibr follow? 1080p, 1080i or 720p?

1080i I think. I don't think any tv provider uses 1080p yet.

Offline jrcrunch

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #33 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 02:31 AM »
got pldt fibr triple play with cignal

maximum of 3 TVs lang pwde. we plan to have one more tv. what could be a remedy for this? hdmi splitter ba?

Offline monborj

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jul 09, 2014 at 10:44 AM »
I'm also thinking about getting the Triple-Play Cignal service. The problem is my centrally located router and modem is a bit far from the TV I want to use Cignal with. Paano nila kinakabit yung Cignal box to the service? Is it through the modem or diretso from poste to Cignal box?

Offline jetstar

• Collector
  • Yohh!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Aug 09, 2014 at 09:47 AM »
I'm also thinking about getting the Triple-Play Cignal service. The problem is my centrally located router and modem is a bit far from the TV I want to use Cignal with. Paano nila kinakabit yung Cignal box to the service? Is it through the modem or diretso from poste to Cignal box?

LAN cable from Fibr ONU (modem) to your Cignal TV box.
Yamaha-Wharfedale
PolkAudio-LG 3D-Sony-AppleTV
Onkyo-Aurum Cantus-Pioneer Elite- LG UHD
MonitorAudio

Offline Kratos23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2015 at 01:29 PM »
Mga sir inquire ko lang meron sa inyo naka pldt fibr plan 1,299?
Sa website ng pldt 3,500 ang cheapest fibr plan nila thanks. Available pa kaya ang plan 1,299 na fibr. Thanks in advance mga sir

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #37 on: Feb 22, 2015 at 11:22 AM »
Mga sir inquire ko lang meron sa inyo naka pldt fibr plan 1,299?
Sa website ng pldt 3,500 ang cheapest fibr plan nila thanks. Available pa kaya ang plan 1,299 na fibr. Thanks in advance mga sir

The cheapest available plan I'm aware of is Fibr Lite at 1899. 8Mbps with a 50GB cap.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2015 at 03:41 PM »
Is Cignal over PLDT Fibr still prone to rain fade? Baka kasi yung main feed nila still comes from Satellite, so mawala signal during a metro wide storm?

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Feb 22, 2015 at 04:14 PM »
The cheapest available plan I'm aware of is Fibr Lite at 1899. 8Mbps with a 50GB cap.

w/a 50GB na cap, is it suitable for an xbox one gaming?

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #40 on: Jun 17, 2015 at 03:08 AM »
question mga sirs regarding Cignal on PLDT DSL ... PLDT is now offering Cignal on DSL subscribers as part of their triple-play offering, this was previously available for PLDT Fibr subscribers only ... I'd like to ask if what cable they are using from the router/modem to the cable box on the TV - reason I'm asking is that my phone line outlet where my modem connects is a little bit far from my TV ... another question is if HGTV HD is really available on Cignal - it's on their channel list for Ultimate, but cable providers just remove channels without notice ... thanks in advance
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline blackcyborg009

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #41 on: Jun 17, 2015 at 06:14 PM »
^^^
This

Also any feedback din kung stable ang Cignal via DSL.

Or mas advisable ba na Fiber Optic ang gamitin?

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jul 05, 2015 at 02:03 PM »
Hi All. 

We've been a subscriber of Cignal TV for many years ... maybe since their first year of service.  We now have 3 boxes on a P1290 plan.  At first it was touch and go, especially with their service response time and that infamous P500 if they have to go to your house, but I have to say that things have gotten better and I would not think of switching to another service for TV content.

The worry about rain fade has not been as terrible as I'd originally thought.  Service does drop out from time-to-time when it rains very hard, like last night, but the same could happen to cable/wire/fiber based services.  Moreover, while clouds will go away eventually, downed cables or whatnot from a typhoon, earthquake, or someone thinking fiber sells like copper, will take time to restore so do we really want to give up an ultra-reliable information source?

This is why I've been procrastinating on the decision to shift our Cignal subscription to the PLDT Home Fibr that we had installed about a year ago.  We do stand to save about P400 a month. Actually, the "savings" could be more because the P1,290 satellite subscription carries only 83 SD and 23 HD channels, while there are 81 SD and 26 HD on fiber.  So the fiber service will have more channels overall, with 3 more in HD to boot. 

The rain is pouring again and the kids are complaining that Cignal TV is down. So ... 

All things considered, we'll move the Cignal subscription to the fiber.  First reason is should a typhoon or earthquake break the fiber cable most of the information we'll need will be on AM/FM radio and the regular broadcast TV.  Cignal is after all more of an entertainment source in our house.  Second are the savings that while not that significant are still savings.  Lastly, we'll have something to entertain ourselves with when we're stuck in the house on a dreary rainy day.

Cheers.
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #43 on: Nov 15, 2015 at 07:13 PM »
Just got our set top box after the pldt fibr upgrade of free cignal subscriptions for home fiber plan..

As we also have an RCA digital tv receiver , one thing I noticed was it seems that on the free to air channels in SD the output from the RCA ISDB-T receiver was noticeably better and sharper .. Anybody else notice this .. I compared by connecting both to a 50 inch TV Monitor and switching input sources tuned to the same channel  ABS, TV-5 , and GMA 7..

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 18, 2015 at 10:43 PM »
We finally got it done. All three TVs are now connected via the PLDT Home Fibre service. Amazing! So far....

@jambam: Yes, we noticed similar. Even the HD channels seem clearer and shaper.  I though it just might be me but others are saying the same thing.

Another good thing is that we are now paying P500 less per month even though we're now getting more channels.

The bad thing is that if the fiber goes down we loose the PLDT landline, Internet,  and the cable. 

Good thing we also subscribe to Globe DSL :) and have a SMART Bro Prepaid modem too, all fed through a load balanced 2-node failover cluster but that's another post :)  Hirap kasi ma-disconnect nowadays. 
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 11, 2016 at 07:46 AM »
question regarding Cignal bundled on PLDT DSL/Fibr Internet ... how's the cable box wiring? is it connected to the modem/router provided by PLDT, or is there a separate wiring service entrance (like standard cable tv service)? ... if it is connected to the modem/router, what type of cabling is used (coax or LAN cabling)? ... thanks in advance

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #46 on: Jan 11, 2016 at 07:52 AM »
question regarding Cignal bundled on PLDT DSL/Fibr Internet ... how's the cable box wiring? is it connected to the modem/router provided by PLDT, or is there a separate wiring service entrance (like standard cable tv service)? ... if it is connected to the modem/router, what type of cabling is used (coax or LAN cabling)? ... thanks in advance

connected sa router sir, lan cable ang gamit nila
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jan 11, 2016 at 08:13 AM »
connected sa router sir, lan cable ang gamit nila

thank you sir, that's great news for me, makes it easier to setup - I can probably use powerline connection for the room that has no cabling

Offline Adarna

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #48 on: Jan 23, 2016 at 02:28 PM »
PLDT Fibr and Home DSL plans that are unpublished and not actively marketed. You must request for it as it will not be offered.

If Netflex wasnt offered here I would go with Fibr Plan 1995 at 20Mbps/month.

Offline brutalpanda

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jun 22, 2017 at 03:16 PM »
If anyone's interested, I just switched from Sky Cable to Cignal Fibr. Let me know if you have questions.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied although I noticed some quirks:

a. The picture quality is a step-down from Sky Cable's HD channels. It seemed blurrier and darker.
b. This is known but resolution is up to 1080i only. My Sky Cable digibox was able to do 1080p.
c. Changing channels was slower and clunkier. Viewing the channel schedule had a tendency to cause the current channel to slow down or hang-up.
d. The interface is littered with ads may it be the perpetual Cignal logo, Menu interface and even changing the volume. Not a biggie but more of an annoyance.
e. This had no problems interfacing with my old Plasma TV. My Sky Cable digiboxes had problems with my plasma TV especially with the HD channels (severe pixelation which I think is attributed to some power issue).
Honest Movie Reviews:
http://www.reeladvice.net

Offline ginomatic

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Oct 23, 2017 at 08:24 PM »
If anyone's interested, I just switched from Sky Cable to Cignal Fibr. Let me know if you have questions.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied although I noticed some quirks:

a. The picture quality is a step-down from Sky Cable's HD channels. It seemed blurrier and darker.
b. This is known but resolution is up to 1080i only. My Sky Cable digibox was able to do 1080p.
c. Changing channels was slower and clunkier. Viewing the channel schedule had a tendency to cause the current channel to slow down or hang-up.
d. The interface is littered with ads may it be the perpetual Cignal logo, Menu interface and even changing the volume. Not a biggie but more of an annoyance.
e. This had no problems interfacing with my old Plasma TV. My Sky Cable digiboxes had problems with my plasma TV especially with the HD channels (severe pixelation which I think is attributed to some power issue).

Sir, di naman bumabagal yung internet pag nanonood ng TV?

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #51 on: Oct 24, 2017 at 03:19 PM »
Worth it ba mag switch from Skycable to Cignal just for NBA Premium?  Or stick to Skycable and just get an NBA League Pass?
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #52 on: Oct 24, 2017 at 04:16 PM »
Worth it ba mag switch from Skycable to Cignal just for NBA Premium?  Or stick to Skycable and just get an NBA League Pass?

Same question also, John!

Is there a link where we can see a direct comparison of channels from Sky vs. Cignal? Want to see what channels we will lose/gain. Thanks!

Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #53 on: Oct 24, 2017 at 04:23 PM »
Skycable and get an NBA league pass. ang wala lang sa NBA league pass is yung greatest games.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #54 on: Oct 24, 2017 at 06:07 PM »

If all you're after is the live/on-demand/on-the-go coverage of the NBA games, you can opt to stay with SkyCable and just subscribe to NBA League Pass. A full League Pass subscription for one season costs around P5,000, I think - or about P400+ per month (but it becomes cheaper if you subscribe later in the season or near the playoffs).

But if you're also interested in the content they show on NBA TV which I believe is not viewable on NBA League Pass here in the Philippines (e.g., NBA Action, Inside Stuff, NBA Gametime, Ten Before Tip, The Starters), these are available on NBA Premium and BTV c/o Cignal at the moment. They also air TNT's Inside the NBA.

I subscribed to both Cignal and NBA League Pass. Cignal's Plan 490 already has NBA Premium HD. Okay din sa Cignal 'yung coverage ng PBA in HD and Gilas games.
We deserve better.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #55 on: Oct 24, 2017 at 06:18 PM »
Same question also, John!

Is there a link where we can see a direct comparison of channels from Sky vs. Cignal? Want to see what channels we will lose/gain. Thanks!
Cross-posting from the SkyCable HD thread. But this is just a comparison of HD channels.

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,79639.msg2528143.html#msg2528143
We deserve better.

Offline Dgame12345

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 24, 2017 at 10:35 PM »
I switch from sky cable to cignal..
So far satisfy naman ako sa ginawa ko pag switch..
For me kasi ang greatest na nawala sakin ay abs hd and cinema one,

Depende din kasi sa mga type ng show na pinapanood mo..
Ako kasi more on sports ako not just nba, i also,watch pba and ufc...

Medyo mahal din kasi ang nba league pass, tapos syempre depende pa sa speed ng net mo yan...

Offline josephtan2k

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Dec 11, 2017 at 08:51 PM »
Has anyone here subscribed to Cignal throgh PLDT that still uses Coax (rg6) cables? I know that pldt uses LAN cables, but problem is the cabling in our house uses RG6 cables for Cable TV. It would be a pain to replace them. Is there a way to still utilize my rg6 cables if I subscribe through PLDT? I believe if you apply directly to Cignal, you’ll get a sat dish and will use rg6 cables.

Thanks!