Author Topic: 1920x1080 in gaming on a small screen 21.5" DVI single or dual?  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Chiekotz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Im a noob and this question has probably been answered but i have been scouring the forum for answers to no avail.

Heres the deal

My monitor has DVI (dual) ports and my video card has DVI( dual). But the cable i have is only DVI single. obviously it fits because a DVI single only has 18 pins as opposed to a dual that has 24 pins.

My question is, if i change to a 24 pin dual dvi cable, will i notice a difference. My maximum resolution (as the brochure has stated) is 1920x1080, so im assuming it cant go higher than that at 60mhz. (can go as high as 75mhz) am i right in my assumption?

I dont watch blue ray or any other video aside from gaming.

My friends told me my screen is small to notice any difference but i neeed all the feedback i can get.

OR what if i switch to a monitor with HDMI capabilities, will it change for the better?

I did some reading and it says DVI and HDMI both give out digital signal, HDMI only has sound, DVI doesnt.

Thanks
Walang matigas na bato sa dumadaloy na tubig...

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: 1920x1080 in gaming on a small screen 21.5" DVI single or dual?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2013 at 02:35 PM »
It does not make a difference bro in terms of performance IMHO. If you're into gaming all the power comes from your GPU. And monitor resolution will not also matter if you're using a 21.5 screen.(1080 vs 1050)  Pag mag 24 and up ka maka feel ng difference.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.