Author Topic: HEGEL Music Systems  (Read 46026 times)

Offline ArchitecturalAudio

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HEGEL Music Systems
« on: Jun 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM »
Architectural Audio is proud to announce the addition of HEGEL Music Systems into our exceptional roster of offerings.  Hegel is the brain child of Bent Holter, a Semi-conductor physicist as well as a musician.  Mr. Holter worked on transistors at the molecular level and earned a couple of patents that are being utilized in Hegel's amplifiers and digital products.  The company has been around for about 30 years and continue to make inroads due to its technical know how, but more importantly for sounding extremely musical!

Architectural Audio has demo units of most of Hegel's integrated amplifiers and separates.  Please do stop by the shop to listen to these wonderful sounding amplifiers!

For more details about Hegel, please do visit their website:  http://www.hegel.com/

See you soon!  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2013 at 08:35 PM by ArchitecturalAudio »

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
Re: HEGEL Music Systems
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2013 at 09:48 AM »
Great news ! Would you happen to have the H300 on demo? thanks

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM »
Yes we do! :)

Great news ! Would you happen to have the H300 on demo? thanks

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM »
Congratulations!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM »
Thanks! :)

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2013 at 10:48 PM »
Recent review of the Hegel H300 Integrated Amplifier

"The greatest tribute I can pay the H300 is at once understated yet in its way an overwhelming affirmation: In all the hours I spent with this amp, I never wanted to shut it off. Ever. It represents the high end at its most rewarding." - Neil Gader, The Absolute Sound (June 2013)

For the complete review, please click the following link:  http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/hegel-h300-integrated-amplifier/

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM »
Excellent Review for the Hegel H70:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/hegel4/2.html

The Hegel H70 has won HighFidelity.com’s Red Fingerprint

"Prospective mates. This is why I clearly envision the type of loudspeaker the H70 should work best with (I wrote ‘should’ since everything will depend on a given room acoustics, personal tastes and expectations). On one hand these will be speakers like Xavian, which most formal presentations ought to be conducted with. These Czech loudspeakers with the Italian heart are very precise and splendidly balanced but sometimes simply scream out for something like the H70. I am sure that their creator Roberto Barletta listens to them and tunes them using this type of electronics. Or that this is the result he cares about.

On the other hand it is hard for me not to mention Harbeth with which the Hegel amplifier, just like Lavardin earlier, interfaced with ease. I would start with the tiny P3ESR. Here a strong bass foundation from the amplifier will inject new life which the speakers shall reward with precision and refinement. The H70 has very good pace, is very rhythmic and never loses color temperature even from pale club versions of, say Depeche Mode’s double maxi-single Fragile Tension & Hole to Feed. What I would avoid are clearly warm speakers as for example the previously reviewed Castle. This combination might get too syrupy.

I know exactly who won’t like this amplifier. When somebody wants to know everything very precisely to prefer transient contours and detail above saturation, this is not the amplifier. When we fancy the sound of strong cymbals; or the complete lighting of the soundstage is more important to us than its continuity (unfortunately and as always, we need to choose as compromises are inevitable); we need to search elsewhere. But when we like fullness, smoothness, naturalness and above all when our music collection is dominated by rock and electronica which we want to hear in their full glory, this Hegel becomes a mandatory audition. And, we get a good DAC for free as well as an USB input with it. "

Technical data (according to manufacturer):
Output power: 2x70W/8Ω
Volume, inputs and muting controlled by (optional) Hegel RC3 remote
Inputs: 3 x RCA, 1 x XLR
Digital inputs: 1 x USB + 2 x S/PDIF (coaxial or Toslink with hard switch on the back)
USB resolution: 16bit/48kHz, plug & play, no drivers needed
S/PDIF resolution: 24bit/192kHz
Analog frequency response: 1Hz - 100.000Hz
Signal to noise ratio: >100dB
Crosstalk: < -100dB
Distortion (THD): < 0.005% /50W/8Ω
Intermodulation: < 0.01% (19kHz + 20kHz)
Damping factor: > 1000
Output stage: four x 15A/150W high-speed bipolar transistors
Power consumption: 30W idle
Dimensions: 80 x 430 x 415mm (HxWxD)
Weight: 12kg
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM by Superman »
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2013 at 03:45 PM »
Here is another Hegel + Harbeth review for you Superman!  O0

"There’s no getting around it, the H100 is a compact powerhouse. After the Magnepans, I switched to the Harbeth Monitor 40.1’s. While a fairly easy load to drive, they are somewhat inefficient with a sensitivity rating of 84db/1watt. This was another incredible match, listening to the new Beatles remasters on the Hegel/Harbeth combination was outstanding. “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer” had a wonderful tonality about it, with the Fab Four spread out on the soundstage in all their glory. And I could play the big Harbeths loud without strain, which was a ton of fun, staying in the British sound vein, spinning some Dire Straits and Pink Floyd before calling it a day on this listening session."

..."I’m happy to give these Hegel products one of our Exceptional Value awards for 2010. These two offer everything that we value in a great HiFi component: great sound, functional ease and pleasing aesthetics. It is a strong testament to their design that they sounded just as at home with reasonably priced speakers as with considerably more-expensive models. This is truly a pair of components that could be the basis for building a great system and upgrade your speakers later, or add a highquality analog front end to without requiring another amplifier upgrade."

Tone Publication, May 2010
Here is the complete review:  http://www.architecturalaudio.ph/AA/Hegel-H100-Review-TonePub-029.pdf
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2013 at 03:51 PM by ArchitecturalAudio »

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2013 at 04:36 PM »
Also, from the same review...... for Magnepan users .....

"As mentioned earlier, the H100 is rated at 120 watts per channel into an 8-ohm load and 220 per channel into 4 ohms. With this kind of power on tap, I thought “magnepan” right away, and it proved to be an excellent choice. though the 1.6’s are a relatively inexpensive speaker, they are very resolving and need a lot of power to sound their best. I would say that the H100 has done a better job of driving these speakers than anything else I’ve had the opportunity to sample at this price point"

Hmmmmmm ..... no problem with magnepans.......
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2013 at 04:37 PM by JoeyGS »

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2013 at 05:29 PM »
What does British Sound sound like? Been curious for the longest time....

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: Re: HEGEL Music Systems
« Reply #10 on: Jul 01, 2013 at 05:48 PM »
What does British Sound sound like? Been curious for the longest time....

Iba ang accent kapag nag-audition ka. :P

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #11 on: Jul 01, 2013 at 09:14 PM »
Yare!  LOL

Iba ang accent kapag nag-audition ka. :P

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 16, 2013 at 08:01 PM »
Thank you, Epoy and Nico for the opportunity to listen to the Hegel H70. It sounds fantastic! Good match w/ the Dali Zensor and I am sure it will match with the Harbeths. Big soundstage w/ the details...

Considering it has been run for 50-hours pa lang, I am sure it will sound much fuller when it reaches the 100th hour. I'll tey to go back tomorrow to try the built-in DAC.

Thanks again! Do text me when you're in Davao!

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM »
Thank you Jen for dropping by!  :)

Thank you, Epoy and Nico for the opportunity to listen to the Hegel H70. It sounds fantastic! Good match w/ the Dali Zensor and I am sure it will match with the Harbeths. Big soundstage w/ the details...

Considering it has been run for 50-hours pa lang, I am sure it will sound much fuller when it reaches the 100th hour. I'll tey to go back tomorrow to try the built-in DAC.

Thanks again! Do text me when you're in Davao!

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM »
Throwback - Review of Hegel H100

"It's one of the finest-sounding components in its price range I've had the pleasure to experience. Neutral yet detailed and refined. Beautifully built and brilliantly engineered, this is a superb amplifier and highly recommended."

Full review: http://www.avrev.com/home-theater-power-amplifiers/integrated-amplifiers/hegel-h100-integrated-amplifier-2.html

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM »

"In fact, no matter how you cut it, the Hegel has got it all going on, as an unbiased transporter for music reproduction or in its sophisticated connectivity or in its forward thinking philosophy or sheer value. The greatest tribute I can pay the H300 is at once understated yet in its way an overwhelming affirmation: In all the hours I spent with this amp, I never wanted to shut it off. Ever. It represents the high end at its most rewarding."
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM by ArchitecturalAudio »

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 28, 2013 at 11:39 PM »

The H300’s across-the-board high level of performance is mainly why we’re including it in our list of Recommended Reference Components, but there’s another reason, one not mentioned in Hans’s review. He didn’t buy the review sample, because that was already scheduled to go elsewhere; but Hans did buy a brand-new H300 to use as his reference integrated amplifier and DAC. It’s one thing for a writer to recommend a product for someone else to buy; it’s quite another for him to believe in it enough to buy it himself and use it as his reference for that component category. In fact, it’s the highest compliment a reviewer can give to any product, and to the company that makes it.

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2013 at 12:23 AM »

Currently being burn-in at AA! :) :) :)

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2013 at 02:00 AM »
I heard the DALI Epicon driven by the Hegel H300 at the recent HiFi show. they were pretty good!  :)

Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2013 at 04:50 PM »
Thank you sir for the comment.  We usually have only one room during the hi-fi show. But when we heard this combination, we thought people need to hear them together  ;D ;D ;D  Many thanks again to you and to those who visited our rooms! Till next year!  :)

Side Note: We heard from the grapevine that Michael Fremer liked this combo.  Such comment is indeed refreshing given that his medium of preference is analog  ;) ;) ;)

I heard the DALI Epicon driven by the Hegel H300 at the recent HiFi show. they were pretty good!  :)

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2013 at 05:55 PM by ArchitecturalAudio »

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM »
The Hegel Sound at a very affordable price!  Coming soon!

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM »
The Hegel Sound at a very affordable price!  Coming soon!

it's the Hegel Super headphone amp/DAC! looking forward to it! :)

Offline blue_toothme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM »
nice

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM »
Thank you sir for the comment.  We usually have only one room during the hi-fi show. But when we heard this combination, we thought people need to hear them together  ;D ;D ;D  Many thanks again to you and to those who visited our rooms! Till next year!  :)

Side Note: We heard from the grapevine that Michael Fremer liked this combo.  Such comment is indeed refreshing given that his medium of preference is analog  ;) ;) ;)

I was there when he stayed in this room...listened intently :)

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2013 at 12:12 AM by ArchitecturalAudio »

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Dec 03, 2013 at 11:07 PM »
SRP is $399 or around 17.6K.  Discount still applies but this will be determined upon their arrival in about 2 weeks.  Thanks!

Is there a price for the Hegel Super DAC already?

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #27 on: Dec 04, 2013 at 01:51 PM »
What is the current price of the H100? Does it come in silver? What about the H80?
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Dec 05, 2013 at 12:01 AM »
Replied to via PM.  Thanks! :)

What is the current price of the H100? Does it come in silver? What about the H80?

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Dec 09, 2013 at 12:19 AM »

"The H80, with an Apple MacBook Air as a digital source, driving Magico S1 speakers via Nordost speaker cables, wasn’t only the best sound I heard at RMAF 2013, it was the best I’ve ever heard the S1s sound -- including the times the speakers were used with the überpriced, ultra-high-powered electronics they’re usually driven with."

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/opinion/664-the-best-of-rmaf-2013-and-tias-2013