Author Topic: Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls  (Read 480 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls
« on: Jul 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM »

NBC must love camping and Survivor so much that they've come out with three different shows that feature camping: two scripted dramas (Siberia, Camp) and one reality-competition series, Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls.

Well-known survival expert Bear Grylls hosts and mentors 20 contestants who are grouped into two pairs each and sent to the New Zealand wilderness to compete in various tasks. One team is eliminated each week, with the final remaining team winning the grand prize of $500,000. Think Survivor + The Amazing Race + Man vs. Wild.

Pilot episode wasn't that bad, and most of the contestants fit the reality show tropes well: nerdy guy with glasses, former beauty pageant contestant, best friends, recovering addicts, etc. Some contestants do look the same though--I couldn't tell some of the married couples and best friends apart.

Reactions to some of the tasks were hilarious; surely they must've known when they signed up for this that whenever Bear Grylls is involved, they're bound to drink urine sooner or later, LOL.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Get Out Alive with Bear Grylls
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2013 at 01:10 AM »
I've enjoyed both episodes so far. It has elements of Survivor, Amazing Race and Fear Factor.

The P&G Reward is hilariously stupid, though. I can't believe they'd actually be smiling, happy and excited to win a chance to use deodorant. LOL
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...