Author Topic: Backlight bleeding in less than a month -- is this normal?  (Read 28289 times)

Offline Klaus____

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Backlight bleeding in less than a month -- is this normal?
« Reply #60 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM »
ako skyworth din c/o SnS last nov2012, 42 led 120hz @ 23k(ata), 80% tv viewing & 20% movie & ps3

2 years warranty and SnS recommended...in sir vic we trust :D

and yes..my slight hint of backlight bleeding, pero sa household namin..ako lang nakaka-kita nito..no biggie ;)

Care to share the model of your Skyworth, sir? 'Yung 3D din ba 'yan?

Offline tifosi_pao

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM »
Care to share the model of your Skyworth, sir? 'Yung 3D din ba 'yan?
no 3d... 42e62 ata ito

Offline Klaus____

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM »
no 3d... 42e62 ata ito

Salamat, sir! Hopefully, 'yung replacement unit namin would last a lot longer  ::)

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM »
Sad to say Sir Vic, the unit was purchase outside pdvd, on sulit ko po ito nabili....at di maganda after sales nila.

Please note that this is not to advertise, but to emphasize on what we can help fellow PDVD members

Yes, many sulit.com sellers are agents who do not back their sales with special care / after-sales service but to refer their customers to manufacturer guaranty service. In the unlikely event that you experience TV problems like dead pixels, or backlight bleeding, which are not covered in the manufacturer's warranty provision, it is down to the customer to find service agent who will help him.

We wish to emphasize that Sights and Sounds operates on a business-to-consumer model, meaning we do not work through agent. In other words, we are not agent who will run away your money after you wish to return your wrong choice of purchase over internet.

WHY BUY TV AT SIGHTS & SOUNDS
•   Serving the electronic industry for 30 years.
•   Expert and friendly salesperson to answer your electronic needs
•   Provide delivery and installation of electronics on the same day.
•   Provide value-added services through After-Sales Assistance Program (ASAP). Our ASAP includes:
- Quick Fix
In the unlikely event that your electronics experience a problem, such as changes in audio and video settings or  programming, our technical will still be there to do another round of service, even if he needs to pre-set your electronics again.  Two times of Quick Fix service is provided under this provision.

- Technical Consultation via Telephone
If you find yourself sitting on the floor with wires going everywhere and nothing seeming to work, call +6326341789 to 90 0r 0922-3868659. Our  technical staff is ready to guide you over the phone, or to arrange with you for a visit. They know the ins and outs of every product we sell. They’ll help you install your gear when it’s new, and troubleshoot it years down the road. E-mail tech support is available, too, and we try to answer every inquiry within 24 hours. Email: [email protected]

- TV relocation and delivery Service
We know that moving can be a stressful time and we want to ensure that your TV is setup at your new address as smoothly as possible. To assist you, we provide one time free TV transport and delivery to address within Manila, Quezon, Makati, Taguig City. Call to inquire for other areas covered by this service.

- TV 30 Day Replacement Guarantee
In the event that a TV is defective within the first 30 days of the invoice date, Sights and Sounds will replace a new unit of the same model at no expense to the customer. This covers almost any defect that cannot be repaired in home or office with simple troubleshooting or adjustment. Please simply contact Sights and Sounds by phone at 634-1789 to 90 with a description of any problem you may be having and we will arrange for a replacement unit.

- Trade To Upgrade program
Owning a new TV is more affordable with Sights and Sounds’ Trade-in and Trade-Upgrade Program. Simply buy TV at Sights and Sounds, and your TV is eligible for future trade-in or trade-upgrade. Depending on the condition of your old TV (a visual inspection of your TV will be required to determine the actual value of your trade-in), Sights and Sounds will issue a certificate of TV valuation which you will apply for trade-in for another TV.

Sights and Sounds is not a brick and mortar store, but we are brave enough to offer unique service to our valued clients of The PinoyDVD community. We believe that if we stay as a member, we should as well treat each other with respect and care. After all our fine reputation is evidenced by the referrals we enjoy from existing clients and friends like you. You are our first responsibility, anticipating and servicing your needs are our top priority. :)
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013 at 02:37 PM by E-reply »

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM »
sana meron Sns dito sa Cebu City :-(

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM »
sana meron Sns dito sa Cebu City :-(

Sure, will consider. Thanks. :)

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #66 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 02:13 PM »

•   Provide free delivery and installation of electronics on the same day.
•   Provide value-added services through After-Sales Assistance Program (ASAP). Our ASAP includes:

the bold statement above is not TRUE!

bought thrice sa SnS..but sadly they charge delivery..even if the address is just 15-20 mins away from shang..I have to give in to the delivery charge at the third time since the unit is a 51" plasma TV..

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 02:36 PM »
the bold statement above is not TRUE!

bought thrice sa SnS..but sadly they charge delivery..even if the address is just 15-20 mins away from shang..I have to give in to the delivery charge at the third time since the unit is a 51" plasma TV..

Ay, sorry, my bad. We used to give free delivery during those early years (before 2012). At that time when TVs were still at high price, we threw away free delivery. A 32" at P35K at that time with a profit of P1750. or 5% is affordable for free delivery. But recent drop price of 32" at P13K with 5% profit only generate P650., which can hardly support the delivery expense. It is for this reason that we now charge delivery.

The right provision should be:
Provide delivery and installation of electronics on the same day (not  Provide free delivery and installation of electronics on the same day).

Apology for the error due to the carelessness in posting the statement.
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2013 at 04:33 PM by E-reply »

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #68 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 02:45 PM »
^ no worries sir..at least the provision for free delivery gets corrected..  ^-^

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jul 25, 2013 at 04:28 PM »
^ no worries sir..at least the provision for free delivery gets corrected..  ^-^

Next time, if you need any electronic purchase, call me direct 09175413491. Will give you discounted price, plus freebie. :)

Offline chrisbulog

• Trade Count: (+111)
  • DVD Addict
  • God is good!! All the time!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #70 on: Jul 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM »
Please note that this is not to advertise, but to emphasize on what we can help fellow PDVD members

Yes, many sulit.com sellers are agents who do not back their sales with special care / after-sales service but to refer their customers to manufacturer guaranty service. In the unlikely event that you experience TV problems like dead pixels, or backlight bleeding, which are not covered in the manufacturer's warranty provision, it is down to the customer to find service agent who will help him.

We wish to emphasize that Sights and Sounds operates on a business-to-consumer model, meaning we do not work through agent. In other words, we are not agent who will run away your money after you wish to return your wrong choice of purchase over internet.

•   Provide delivery and installation of electronics on the same day.
- Quick Fix
In the unlikely event that your electronics experience a problem, such as changes in audio and video settings or  programming, our technical will still be there to do another round of service, even if he needs to pre-set your electronics again.  Two times of Quick Fix service is provided under this provision.

- Technical Consultation via Telephone
If you find yourself sitting on the floor with wires going everywhere and nothing seeming to work, call +6326341789 to 90 0r 0922-3868659. Our  technical staff is ready to guide you over the phone, or to arrange with you for a visit. They know the ins and outs of every product we sell. They’ll help you install your gear when it’s new, and troubleshoot it years down the road. E-mail tech support is available, too, and we try to answer every inquiry within 24 hours. Email: [email protected]

- TV relocation and delivery Service
We know that moving can be a stressful time and we want to ensure that your TV is setup at your new address as smoothly as possible. To assist you, we provide one time free TV transport and delivery to address within Manila, Quezon, Makati, Taguig City. Call to inquire for other areas covered by this service.

- TV 30 Day Replacement Guarantee
In the event that a TV is defective within the first 30 days of the invoice date, Sights and Sounds will replace a new unit of the same model at no expense to the customer. This covers almost any defect that cannot be repaired in home or office with simple troubleshooting or adjustment. Please simply contact Sights and Sounds by phone at 634-1789 to 90 with a description of any problem you may be having and we will arrange for a replacement unit.

- Trade To Upgrade program
Owning a new TV is more affordable with Sights and Sounds’ Trade-in and Trade-Upgrade Program. Simply buy TV at Sights and Sounds, and your TV is eligible for future trade-in or trade-upgrade. Depending on the condition of your old TV (a visual inspection of your TV will be required to determine the actual value of your trade-in), Sights and Sounds will issue a certificate of TV valuation which you will apply for trade-in for another TV.

Sights and Sounds is not a brick and mortar store, but we are brave enough to offer unique service to our valued clients of The PinoyDVD community. We believe that if we stay as a member, we should as well treat each other with respect and care. After all our fine reputation is evidenced by the referrals we enjoy from existing clients and friends like you. You are our first responsibility, anticipating and servicing your needs are our top priority. :)

Sorry for the O.T. Sir TS

Very well said Sir Vic, next time na mag upgrade uli ako...101% na sa inyo na ulit ako kukuha, para no worries.  ;D

Samsung 65MU6103 4k tv
Pio 1020k
Pure Acoustics Supernova8, WH-2 center/surrounds
sony bdp-s1500

Offline Klaus____

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jul 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM »
Sorry for the O.T. Sir TS

Very well said Sir Vic, next time na mag upgrade uli ako...101% na sa inyo na ulit ako kukuha, para no worries.  ;D

Hehe! No need to apologize, sir!  ;)

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #72 on: Jul 26, 2013 at 04:28 PM »
imho,the chances of getting a lemon unit with the bigger name brands are less (correct me if i'm wrong ha) vs the not so branded ones..

also,i'm sure everyone has heard the 'you get what you pay for' cliche'. :)

Offline audioremixx

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jul 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM »
backlight bleeding of my 6 day old LG 42LA6130. I'm planning po na change the unit tomorrow po sa SnS.

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM by audioremixx »

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Jul 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM »
^I'm proven wrong agad ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #75 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM »
^I'm proven wrong agad ;D

Na-myth busters ka kaagad in less than 7 hours.

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 12:15 AM »
Na-myth busters ka kaagad in less than 7 hours.
correct! ;D

Pero di mo pa din ako mapapagamit ng no name brands,pwera kung bigay ;D

Offline Klaus____

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 05:35 AM »
may tanong ako mga bro at wag sana masamain..bukod sa mura,ano pa nga ba reason mo bat ka bibili ng ganitong tv (skyworth,myview,etc)?

correct! ;D

Pero di mo pa din ako mapapagamit ng no name brands,pwera kung bigay ;D

I think the simplest explanation could be this: original DVDs VS pirated ones -- they're both NOT scratch-proof, and thus both has its flaws no matter how huge their difference is in prices.  ;) Also, I don't think it's right to define these new guys in the market as "no name brands". Remember back in the days? HP and IBM were such huge names in the computer industry and Lenovo was the "new guy". Nowadays, of those three, which brand of laptops do you usually see being used by yuppies;)

I could give out a LOT of examples and comparisons between branded and non-branded products (not only TVs) which are out in the market now, but that's a totally different topic and it's gonna take longer than a single response to reiterate on those things.  ;) Good day, sir!

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 06:40 AM »
I think the simplest explanation could be this: original DVDs VS pirated ones -- they're both NOT scratch-proof, and thus both has its flaws no matter how huge their difference is in prices.  ;) Also, I don't think it's right to define these new guys in the market as "no name brands". Remember back in the days? HP and IBM were such huge names in the computer industry and Lenovo was the "new guy". Nowadays, of those three, which brand of laptops do you usually see being used by yuppies;)

I could give out a LOT of examples and comparisons between branded and non-branded products (not only TVs) which are out in the market now, but that's a totally different topic and it's gonna take longer than a single response to reiterate on those things.  ;) Good day, sir!
its all good bro.to each his own naman yan,I'm sure we could agree on that. :) all I'm saying is,too risky IMHO mga ganung brands..we can agree to disagree :)

Sana maayos na yung issue sa TVs nyo ni Chrisbulog.. ;)

Offline Klaus____

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 06:49 AM »
its all good bro.to each his own naman yan,I'm sure we could agree on that. :) all I'm saying is,too risky IMHO mga ganung brands..we can agree to disagree :)

Sana maayos na yung issue sa TVs nyo ni Chrisbulog.. ;)

Thanks for understanding, pafs!  ;) Sana nga...takot lang kasi ako sa after-sales service/support ng LG eh  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2013 at 06:50 AM by yosiboi »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: Re: Backlight bleeding in less than a month -- is this normal?
« Reply #80 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 01:21 PM »
Thanks for understanding, pafs!  ;) Sana nga...takot lang kasi ako sa after-sales service/support ng LG eh  ;D

AFAIK, mahusay ang after sales service and support ng LG.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #81 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 02:19 PM »
backlight bleeding of my 6 day old LG 42LA6130. I'm planning po na change the unit tomorrow po sa SnS.

bro just a recommendation, if the unit is under 7 days.  try the myview tv as a replacement :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline skooter

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 02:47 PM »
simple solution just dont view this tv in a dark room.

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #83 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 03:03 PM »
^_Korak.... ;D ;D ;D
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #84 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 05:40 PM »

di ba direct LED na ang LA6130 ng LG? may backlight bleeding pa rin?  :-\
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 05:55 PM »
di ba direct LED na ang LA6130 ng LG? may backlight bleeding pa rin?  :-\

Ou direct led na baka naman talaga my bleeding pa din kahit directled and ips panel.

USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 05:57 PM »
Ou direct led na baka naman talaga my bleeding pa din kahit directled and ips panel.

yikes! iwas led tv na talaga ako.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 06:03 PM »
yikes! iwas led tv na talaga ako.

Depende yan bro not all LED or LCDTV ay may bleeding like my LG scarlet 32 inch 2009 pa wala pa din bleeding and issue.  >:D >:D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline xgh0st12x

• DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #88 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 06:25 PM »
Hmmm... Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but do leds that display backlight bleeding issues 'get worse' with time.

When i bought my lg42lm6200, i did notice minimal backlight bleeding that becomes visible in total black scenses. This really wasnt an issue for me since i expected this from an edgelit model. Besides, the overall pq, and other features this model offered made this very easy to ignore for its price.

Pero again, back to the question at hand... Does backlight bleeding get worse as the screen becomes more used?
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jul 27, 2013 at 06:34 PM »
Hmmm... Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but do leds that display backlight bleeding issues 'get worse' with time.

When i bought my lg42lm6200, i did notice minimal backlight bleeding that becomes visible in total black scenses. This really wasnt an issue for me since i expected this from an edgelit model. Besides, the overall pq, and other features this model offered made this very easy to ignore for its price.

Pero again, back to the question at hand... Does backlight bleeding get worse as the screen becomes more used?

yes. our Samsung 32E4003 has backlight bleeding on practically its entire panel!  :-\   it looked nice when it was brand new.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2013 at 06:36 PM by DTNS »