Author Topic: Beware the Batman  (Read 867 times)

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Beware the Batman
« on: Aug 02, 2013 at 11:32 PM »

Just watched the first two episodes and I can say that I like this new series. then again, the only Batman animated series that I didn't like was the Batman which came after the Batman animated series. I loved Batman Brave and Bold too.

Going back to BTB, i was initially put off with the CGI look but it grows on you. Also, by focusing on relatively new villains and an Alfred that is more similar to Michael Caine's Alfred with a military background, it's not as predictable and cliche. the voice cast is quite good with Robocop's and the 70's show Kurtwood Smith Commissioner Gordon being the most well known. The stories are also have a more adult approach. Actually, I think this could be quite a good live action series

Offline deweyfinn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Beware the Batman
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2013 at 10:24 AM »

Just watched the first two episodes and I can say that I like this new series. then again, the only Batman animated series that I didn't like was the Batman which came after the Batman animated series. I loved Batman Brave and Bold too.

Going back to BTB, i was initially put off with the CGI look but it grows on you. Also, by focusing on relatively new villains and an Alfred that is more similar to Michael Caine's Alfred with a military background, it's not as predictable and cliche. the voice cast is quite good with Robocop's and the 70's show Kurtwood Smith Commissioner Gordon being the most well known. The stories are also have a more adult approach. Actually, I think this could be quite a good live action series

Some may decry Batman: The Brave & The Bold for turning The Dark Knight into a Looney Tunes character, but what other way can you pay tribute to the manic anything-goes milieu that characterized the Silver Age Caped Crusader (all the way to the infamous live-action TV series with Adam West and Burt Ward - in one episode focusing on Batman's origin, West himself voiced Thomas Wayne, Bruce's father while Martha Wayne was voiced by original Catwoman Julie Newmar)

The villain line-up in Beware The Batman focuses on those of more recent vintage rather than the classic Joker-Penguin-Catwoman-Riddler roster that we often associate with Ol' Batsy.  Their rendition of Magpie, for instance, reminded me too much of Lady Gaga

BTW, the VA of this current Batman is Fil-Am actor Anthony Ruivivar, whose CV includes the TV series Third Watch
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2013 at 06:43 PM by deweyfinn »

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2013 at 05:32 PM »
^ Correction. Dante Basco played Rufio in Hook. A completely different actor.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2143
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2013 at 06:01 PM »
Watching these this weekend :-).
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline deweyfinn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2013 at 06:44 PM »
^ Correction. Dante Basco played Rufio in Hook. A completely different actor.

Thanks for the correction