Author Topic: OLED TV  (Read 293532 times)

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
Re: OLED TV
« Reply #300 on: Sep 20, 2016 at 02:19 PM »
sir, just to be safe, ensure that they are a legit store... ask them where they are located and give them a visit to do actual demo... you may also do further price negotiation face to face.

Offline vgsison

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #301 on: Sep 20, 2016 at 02:19 PM »
Hi bro. Of course its super safe. Its from reputable tv store. Para silang agent ng tv store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GE Triton5, Aon3, SC X, SS3, Marantz 7010/XPA3 Gen3/Dual SVS Ultra/Panny PT-AR100 Oppo 103

Offline d-mark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • rock on
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #302 on: Sep 21, 2016 at 12:35 PM »
Laki kasi ng price difference compare sa appliance store.  Anyway thanks guys.

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #303 on: Sep 21, 2016 at 04:56 PM »
Hi bro. Of course its super safe. Its from reputable tv store. Para silang agent ng tv store

ano ba name ng store ng seller sa OLX?
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 205
« Reply #304 on: Sep 21, 2016 at 06:00 PM »
ano ba name ng store ng seller sa OLX?
If you look at the ads a lot of them indicate their location as Filmore st., Palanan Makati that's Anson's Cash and Carry. Once you finalize the deal with the agent who published the ad in OLX you will meet up with them at Anson's and he will facilitate the testing of your item which is already reserved to you. You will then pay at the cashier of Anson's and will be issued an official receipt so the agent never got to hold your money but I guess they get their commission from Anson's. I've already purchased 2 big screen tvs through OLX, an inverter ref and a washing machine for my parents through my suki OLX vendor. I only visited Anson's on the first purchase to pay and pick up the tv. On the other transactions 2 were completed as COD while the other one(65in TV) I just paid at Saver's Appliance(which at the time holds the only stock left of the tv I desired) at QC and just have the item delivered. Of course you can always go directly to the store and negotiate with them directly and may even be able to strike a better deal than what is published in olx.

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Sep 21, 2016 at 06:11 PM »
If you look at the ads a lot of them indicate their location as Filmore st., Palanan Makati that's Anson's Cash and Carry. Once you finalize the deal with the agent who published the ad in OLX you will meet up with them at Anson's and he will facilitate the testing of your item which is already reserved to you. You will then pay at the cashier of Anson's and will be issued an official receipt so the agent never got to hold your money but I guess they get their commission from Anson's. I've already purchased 2 big screen tvs through OLX, an inverter ref and a washing machine for my parents through my suki OLX vendor. I only visited Anson's on the first purchase to pay and pick up the tv. On the other transactions 2 were completed as COD while the other one(65in TV) I just paid at Saver's Appliance(which at the time holds the only stock left of the tv I desired) at QC and just have the item delivered. Of course you can always go directly to the store and negotiate with them directly and may even be able to strike a better deal than what is published in olx.

thanks man!  :D

Offline sunil_k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Oct 08, 2016 at 09:29 PM »
Can anyone suggest the best calibration for the B6?

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 591
« Reply #307 on: Oct 09, 2016 at 05:04 AM »

I don't think many people can afford a B6 OLED :D
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline vgsison

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #308 on: Oct 09, 2016 at 09:41 AM »
In fairness naman bro, B6 is bang for the buck compared with other brands out there.

GE Triton5, Aon3, SC X, SS3, Marantz 7010/XPA3 Gen3/Dual SVS Ultra/Panny PT-AR100 Oppo 103

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #309 on: Oct 09, 2016 at 11:05 AM »

any DIY calibration settings for this oled?..

i follow this.. dunno if good

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/b6/settings

Medyo off para sakin yung sa rtings, lalo na sa huling clibration part,  parang bluish ang tint after. I used this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZZK4pVIQ3s. Mas ok yung grays niya, and naka wide gamut siya,  pwede mo babaan if saturated and color para sayo.

altho i still feel na blacks are crushed.. o baka talagang di lang ako sanay sa oled

Offline sunil_k

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: Oct 09, 2016 at 05:25 PM »
Hi vgsison! Thanks to you im reading up on all oled threads

Offline xxadonisxx

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Oct 11, 2016 at 07:09 AM »
my roku 4 streaming cnet at 4k HDR colorspace BT.2020 in my LG 55B6p, color is very crisp and definitive with deep blacks

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #312 on: Oct 29, 2016 at 07:37 AM »
How is the reliability of LG's OLED TV being sold in the Philippines?

My experience with a dozen Samsung TVs made me look at other brands.

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Oct 29, 2016 at 08:43 AM »
LG Expects OLED TVs to Account for 50% of Premium TV Market in 3 Years
http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/english/news/ict/16327-leadership-oled-lg-expects-oled-tvs-account-50-premium-tv-market-3-years

SEOUL, KOREA
28 October 2016 - 11:15am
Cho Jin-young

Organic light emitting diode (OLED) TVs are expected to account for half of the global premium TV market by 2019.

During a press conference in Beijing, China, on Oct. 27, LG Display's OLED business unit President Yeo Sang-duk said, “OLED TVs will make up 50 percent of the global premium TV market within three years. As LG Display is now fully ready for the OLED era in terms of production, sales, customers and quality, the company will dominate the premium TV market with its OLED TVs.”

He also said, “Although OLED is a lot tougher to manufacture than liquid crystal displays (LCD), LG Display has achieved a stable yield rate of production of more than 80 percent. Accordingly, the company has secured a monthly OLED production capacity of 100,000 units from August. Based on this, LG Display plans to continuously make an investment in production lines to expand the capacity to 2 million units next year and 2.5 million units by 2018.”

Yeo added, “OLED TV panels recorded cumulative sales of 1 million units in September this year. With the achievement as a momentum, OLEDs are leading the global high-end market, such as China, North America and Europe. In North America, 55-inch OLED TVs account for more than 50 percent of the premium market over US$2,000 (2.29 million won), while 65-inch OLED TVs take up more than a half of the market over US$3,000 (3.43 million won).”

Currently, LG Electronics, China's Skyworth, Konka, and Changhong have released TVs using LG Display’s OLED panels, and Phillips has been selling its OLED TVs in China from September.

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Oct 29, 2016 at 09:13 AM »
LG will start "printing" OLED TVs from 2017
28 Oct 2016 | Rasmus Larsen | 13 Comments

LG will set up a new production method to start “inkjet printing” OLED displays in the first half of 2017. This will allow the company to produce larger and more affordable OLED TVs, according to ETNews.

Larger and more affordable OLED TVs
LG is currently mass-producing OLED displays using a vacuum deposition technique. In the first half of 2017, LG will start setting up “inkjet printing” equipment that can bring down productions costs.

This is a pilot production line that will be used primarily for testing before LG scales up inkjet printing for mass production purposes. The pilot production will handle so-called 8-gen substrates that are optimized for 55 to 65-inch displays. LG is planning to switch to 10-gen substrates later, which will allow the company to mass-produce 70-90-inch OLED displays – possibly even larger ones.

image:
Kateeva OLED printing

With inkjet printing the organic material can be deposited very effectively with virtually no waste. Besides bringing down fixed production costs, it can increase the yield rate, meaning that fewer OLED panels have to be discarded during production.

Korea’s Samsung and China’s TCL are also showing interest in setting up inkjet production lines. TCL previously announced that it has started construction of the world's most advanced LCD factory that will be capable of producing OLED, at some point in the future.

It is not clear if we will see the fruits of the new initiative in 2017 or later. LG will unveil the 2017 OLED TV line-up in January at CES in Las Vegas.

- Source: EtNews

Read more at http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1477658447#tZhqbqv4ZRMV3FgS.99

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 02:55 AM »
LG asks Samsung to join 'OLED race'
2016-03-09 : 17:03
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/common/printpreview.asp?categoryCode=133&newsIdx=199991

By Kim Yoo-chul

Han Sang-beom
LG Display CEO

Park Dong-geun
Samsung Display CEO

LG Display, the world’s top display panel maker, has officially asked long-time rival Samsung Display to join the race for large-sized organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panels to beat Chinese companies in the sector, widely considered the next-generation display market.

“Samsung Display will join with LG,” LG Display CEO and Vice Chairman Han Sang-beom said on the sidelines of a meeting between CEOs from big companies and the trade ministry in downtown Seoul, Wednesday. “I believe this issue is a matter of timing.”

Han declined to specify. But he said LG Display plans to invest up to 4 trillion won focusing on larger OLED panels for televisions.

“LG’s plan to increase investment in our two key Korean plants _ one in Paju and the other one is Gumi _ won’t change,” Han said. The LG Group’s display affiliate invested 3 trillion won in 2015, it said.

The company executive said the groundwork at its latest P10-dubbed OLED plant in Paju, the city near the inter-Korean border, has begun. “We are in the process of doing some land works,” Han said.

The plant, which will be the largest OLED plant in the world, will be operational from June 2018 and supply small and large OLED panels to top clients including Apple.

“We thanked the trade ministry for its sincere support to address electricity and water supply issues,” he said.

However, Han expects the global display industry to suffer from the weak panel prices and a continued oversupply this year. “We hope the market will see some turnaround sometime in the latter half of this year,” he said.

LG Display reported 28.28 trillion won in sales last year and a 1.62 trillion won operating profit, up 7 percent and 20 percent, respectively, year-on-year.

Samsung’s OLED join?

At LG Display’s request, Samsung Display said the Samsung Group’s display affiliate “is trying hard to fine-tune OLED technologies.”

“Samsung Display is trying its best to develop OLED technologies,” CEO Park Dong-geun said. “We are reviewing the marketability of the OLED TV market. However, no decisions have been made so far,” Park said, adding the timing to start mass-production of OLED TV panels is yet to be finalized.

Samsung has already asked its top-tier local suppliers to develop needed equipment at Samsung’s display plants in Korea when Samsung Electronics’ top management makes a final decision on mass-production of larger OLEDs.

Unlike traditional LCDs, OLEDs are brighter and more energy efficient because the panels do not use bulky backlight, allowing set-makers to produce stylish products with a thinner surface.

But because of technological barriers, Samsung still has questions about the marketability of larger OLEDs; therefore, Samsung has been focusing on smaller OLEDs to be used in the Galaxy device lineup, while LG has shifted its focus to OLED TVs.

“This is why Samsung is pushing hard for quantum.dot TV, which is a variant of LCD, with some enhancements in picture quality,” said an official wishing to remain anonymous. “However, Samsung will join the OLED TV market very soon, which is good for Korea to create a new ecosystem in the next-generation display market.”

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 05:12 PM »
Are these good prices?

65B6P   144,980
55B6P   89,999

Offline gutierrez

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llamas!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #317 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 05:58 PM »
Are these good prices?

65B6P   144,980
55B6P   89,999

Mura nyan especially the 55 inches

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 08:26 PM »
Are these good prices?

65B6P   144,980
55B6P   89,999

those are very very good prices! the price of the 55B6P is the price of the 2015 55EG910 Full HD OLED TV before.

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 08:29 PM »
LG asks Samsung to join 'OLED race'
2016-03-09 : 17:03
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/common/printpreview.asp?categoryCode=133&newsIdx=199991

By Kim Yoo-chul

Han Sang-beom
LG Display CEO

Park Dong-geun
Samsung Display CEO

LG Display, the world’s top display panel maker, has officially asked long-time rival Samsung Display to join the race for large-sized organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panels to beat Chinese companies in the sector, widely considered the next-generation display market.

“Samsung Display will join with LG,” LG Display CEO and Vice Chairman Han Sang-beom said on the sidelines of a meeting between CEOs from big companies and the trade ministry in downtown Seoul, Wednesday. “I believe this issue is a matter of timing.”

Han declined to specify. But he said LG Display plans to invest up to 4 trillion won focusing on larger OLED panels for televisions.

“LG’s plan to increase investment in our two key Korean plants _ one in Paju and the other one is Gumi _ won’t change,” Han said. The LG Group’s display affiliate invested 3 trillion won in 2015, it said.

The company executive said the groundwork at its latest P10-dubbed OLED plant in Paju, the city near the inter-Korean border, has begun. “We are in the process of doing some land works,” Han said.

The plant, which will be the largest OLED plant in the world, will be operational from June 2018 and supply small and large OLED panels to top clients including Apple.

“We thanked the trade ministry for its sincere support to address electricity and water supply issues,” he said.

However, Han expects the global display industry to suffer from the weak panel prices and a continued oversupply this year. “We hope the market will see some turnaround sometime in the latter half of this year,” he said.

LG Display reported 28.28 trillion won in sales last year and a 1.62 trillion won operating profit, up 7 percent and 20 percent, respectively, year-on-year.

Samsung’s OLED join?

At LG Display’s request, Samsung Display said the Samsung Group’s display affiliate “is trying hard to fine-tune OLED technologies.”

“Samsung Display is trying its best to develop OLED technologies,” CEO Park Dong-geun said. “We are reviewing the marketability of the OLED TV market. However, no decisions have been made so far,” Park said, adding the timing to start mass-production of OLED TV panels is yet to be finalized.

Samsung has already asked its top-tier local suppliers to develop needed equipment at Samsung’s display plants in Korea when Samsung Electronics’ top management makes a final decision on mass-production of larger OLEDs.

Unlike traditional LCDs, OLEDs are brighter and more energy efficient because the panels do not use bulky backlight, allowing set-makers to produce stylish products with a thinner surface.

But because of technological barriers, Samsung still has questions about the marketability of larger OLEDs; therefore, Samsung has been focusing on smaller OLEDs to be used in the Galaxy device lineup, while LG has shifted its focus to OLED TVs.

“This is why Samsung is pushing hard for quantum.dot TV, which is a variant of LCD, with some enhancements in picture quality,” said an official wishing to remain anonymous. “However, Samsung will join the OLED TV market very soon, which is good for Korea to create a new ecosystem in the next-generation display market.”

tigas ng ulo ni samsung! OLED > quantum dot!   ;) ::) ;D

Offline GIJoe

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 284
« Reply #320 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 09:36 PM »
Sana bumaba pa

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 09:42 PM »
trivia: ang mga "competition" ng LG sa OLED like Panasonic and Skyworth (from china), gumagamit din ng LG OLED panels!  ;) ;D

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 10:15 PM »
trivia: ang mga "competition" ng LG sa OLED like Panasonic and Skyworth (from china), gumagamit din ng LG OLED panels!  ;) ;D
If they use Google's Android TV then I will try them.

TL;DR:
- LG webOS cannot read ExFAT and Sony's Android TV can read ExFAT.
- Salesmen are badly trained which makes buying very unpleasant.

I went testing LG OLED and Sony LED 4K TVs today at two appliance stores at Alabang Town Center after lunch.

I brought with me a 32GB SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive formatted in ExFAT with 4K-native movies and a 1080p content.

This was formatted using macOS Sierra.

I went to the ground floor to test LG OLED TV with webOS 3.0. TV saw the USB flash drive but was not able to read the drive.

Sales person claimed using a Macbook with the USB flash drive places a "firewall" and I should use a computer instead.

Talking down to a customer is bad salesmanship especially those in the demographic that can buy a "luxury item" that is on average 20% more expensive than a computer. OLED are the "Mac" of the TV industry as they priced like a "luxury item" vs LED TVs.

I do not advocate the use of torrent sites and only mention it for descriptive purpose.

Salesman : All downloadable content from torrent sites are ALL up-res
Fact: It is stipulated on the torrent name that if the 4K video is up-res or native. You can also tell if it's really compressed by the file size. If it isn't nearing 100GB then it is lossy.

Salesman: Did you download from Site A or Site B torrent site.
Fact: Site A was closed down and Site B was still up. Shows how out of date this fella was.

Salesman: No one sells 4k blu ray players in the Philippines.
Fact: Datablitz has been selling the Xbox One S with 4K blu ray player that can read 4K blur ray discs at near US prices as of my checking today. This Microsoft console came out in July 2016. Manong is really not updated.

Salesman: Only Netflix and Youtube offer 4K content in the Philippines
Fact: Manong got this right, thankfully.

I told the salesman to stop talking or else "mag-aaway tayo". I hate ignorance and his talking about technical matters as if he knew something really soured my appetite to "buy".

I went to the top floor for Sony and when they plugged it in it Android TV was able to read ExFAT and was able to play the movies. Sadly the top floor did not have LG OLED and medyo unhelpful yung salesman.

I am sharing my experience so you know each brand's filesystem limitation and how bad training is for salesmen.

Marami sila kaso you're better off asking help from people on forums like here who can actually give you factual answers rather than "fake news" type answers.

My guess is that webOS will be able to read FAT32 or NTFS. This was not volunteered by salesman.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2016 at 10:35 PM by DViant »

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 11:03 PM »
BTW what's difference between a LG B6T and B6P OLED TV?

Offline Chain

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 138
« Reply #324 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 11:43 PM »

TL;DR:

I went testing LG OLED and Sony LED 4K TVs today at two appliance stores at Alabang Town Center after lunch.

I brought with me a 32GB SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive formatted in ExFAT with 4K-native movies and a 1080p content.

I went to the ground floor to test LG OLED TV with webOS 3.0. TV saw the USB flash drive but was not able to read the drive.

Sales person claimed using a Macbook with the USB flash drive places a "firewall" and I should use a computer instead.

Talking down to a customer is bad salesmanship especially those in the demographic that can buy a "luxury item" that is on average 20% more expensive than a computer. OLED are the "Mac" of the TV industry as they priced like a "luxury item" vs LED TVs.

I do not advocate the use of torrent sites and only mention it for descriptive purpose.

Fact: It is stipulated on the torrent name that if the 4K video is up-res or native. You can also tell if it's really compressed by the file size. If it isn't nearing 100GB then it is lossy.

Fact: Site A was closed down and Site B was still up. Shows how out of date this fella was.

Fact: Datablitz has been selling the Xbox One S with 4K blu ray player that can read 4K blur ray discs at near US prices as of my checking today. This Microsoft console came out in July 2016. Manong is really not updated.

I told the salesman to stop talking or else "mag-aaway tayo". I hate ignorance and his talking about technical matters as if he knew something really soured my appetite to "buy".

I went to the top floor for Sony and when they plugged it in it Android TV was able to read ExFAT and was able to play the movies. Sadly the top floor did not have LG OLED and medyo unhelpful yung salesman.

I am sharing my experience so you know each brand's filesystem limitation and how bad training is for salesmen.

Marami sila kaso you're better off asking help from people on forums like here who can actually give you factual answers rather than "fake news" type answers.

My guess is that webOS will be able to read FAT32 or NTFS. This was not volunteered by salesman.

napakaraming ganitong salesman. and minsan nagaaway kami ni wifey kasi bat ko daw kinoconfront ung mga un. eh im just stating the facts and they are not.so i feel that it is my obligation to tell them. dapat sa mga yan may mga training din sa mga technologies anf not just a simple "product training"

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #325 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 11:45 PM »
tigas ng ulo ni samsung! OLED > quantum dot!   ;) ::) ;D
Mukhang promising din ang QD especially if implemented sa panel mismo. We have yet to see the results.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #326 on: Oct 31, 2016 at 12:12 AM »
Mukhang promising din ang QD especially if implemented sa panel mismo. We have yet to see the results.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Samsung may be discouraged for now to concentrate on OLED specially since Samsung's QD display beat LG's OLED screens at the Crampton & Moore TV shootout last July. Also QD displays are very cheap to produce compared to OLEDs.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Oct 31, 2016 at 12:12 AM »

TL;DR:

Most salesmen don't even know what HDR is. lol

Offline gutierrez

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llamas!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #328 on: Oct 31, 2016 at 12:46 AM »
Sorry ot but share ko lang.  When I was auditioning an led last week, I asked one of the salesman of LG at SM appliance in mega

Me - Brad, paano i-disable yun soap opera effect?

Sales guy - Ay wala kami soap opera dito, movies lang meron

Me - A ganun ba, okay thank you, haha

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Oct 31, 2016 at 01:10 AM »
That's how clueless SM Appliance salespersons are. To think na those guys came directly from manufacturers. Buti pa sa abensons mas may alam mga salespersons doon mas mura pa sila.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk