Author Topic: Do you have wireless speakers or speaker docks?  (Read 3852 times)

Offline kiwimig

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Do you have wireless speakers or speaker docks?
« on: Aug 11, 2013 at 12:12 AM »
I've recently been on a serious lookout for a good wireless speaker or iPod/iPhone/iPad dock. I know it will never come close to a full blown set-up but it's nice to have something handy and easy to use with my iPhone and iPad. It's also easier to move around the house or bring with you on road trips. I have one of those tiny bluetooth speakers that are alright if you only need to have something louder than your laptop or phone speakers but it makes want to throw it against the wall when I start hearing the base it produces. :)

So far, I've liked the following: Marshall Hanwell (P35k, great sound but no bluetooth), B&W Zeppelin Air (P35K, airplay, great sound), JBL Onbeat Xtreme (P20K, bluetooth + airplay, good sound), Harman Kardon Go+Play Wireless (P15K, bluetooth, good sound) and Onkyo iLunar (P15K, bluetooth, good sound).

Those that were just ok, in my opinion, were Bose Sounddock/Soundlink, Klipsch G-17 and B&W A5. I didn't like the B&W Zeppelin Mini nor the Z2. I didn't try the B&W A7 because it was just way out of budget.

Do you have such speakers and can you share your experiences with them?   

Offline incuboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Do you have wireless speakers or speaker docks?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM »
Hello,

I have the Zeppelin Air and so far no regrets on the purchase.  The sound is crisp and clear... the bass is perfect for my taste (given its size) - very immersive.  I listen mostly to House Music, Alternative and some Hiphop/RnB..

When using AirPlay, you will notice slight loss in quality (but not too much), still in the acceptable limits...  And the minimalist design, whew!  Design pa lng, sold na ko... :)

I think it's worth to note that I haven't heard Marshall Hanwell... But against SoundDock 10, Harman Kardon Go+Play and JBL MX100...  Zeppelin Air anytime.

Offline kiwimig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2013 at 03:41 AM »
Hello,

I have the Zeppelin Air and so far no regrets on the purchase.  The sound is crisp and clear... the bass is perfect for my taste (given its size) - very immersive.  I listen mostly to House Music, Alternative and some Hiphop/RnB..

When using AirPlay, you will notice slight loss in quality (but not too much), still in the acceptable limits...  And the minimalist design, whew!  Design pa lng, sold na ko... :)

I think it's worth to note that I haven't heard Marshall Hanwell... But against SoundDock 10, Harman Kardon Go+Play and JBL MX100...  Zeppelin Air anytime.

Thanks for sharing. Another decent alternative I've tried, albeit, not that portable is the HK SoundSticks Wireless. It looks a lot like a jellyfish computer speaker but it does the job for a minimum amount of cash (about 10-11K, 7-8k if you don't need the bluetooth connectivity).

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM »
I have the Bose Soundlink. This is normally used for road trips or when grilling outside. I'm not really a music guy and was just looking for something to fill my needs and it was cheap in the US compared here. The only comparison I have is a Logitech bluetooth speakers and there was a huge difference in the bass department.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline bartender

• Collector
  • Neknek mo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 117
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM »
I have the JBL Onbeat Extreme and no issues about it.  Currently using it in the bedroom and for inuman sessions in the garden or garage.  I like that the sound is powerful yet clear enough.  The Bluetooth connectivity plus the remote also make it convenient.  Btw, it also looks nice.
Pwede naman magtagalog.  Let's make PDVD a better place.  https://www.englishgrammar101.com

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM »
I have the Braven 625s. I bought one so i could bring it to the beach or use it when i'm travelling and link it to my mbp to play music in the hotel room. I bought it for the portability as it was a toss up between the Soundfreaq's Sound Kick vs. Braven's 625s.

For the more expensive options, i've was eyeing the Marshall and B&W to use at home but logic / financial prudence prevailed and i just use a bluetooth receiver if i need something streamed. Nothing beats a dedicated audio setup trumps these portable speaker in sound quality and bass reproduction.

Offline kiwimig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2013 at 02:09 PM »

For the more expensive options, i've was eyeing the Marshall and B&W to use at home but logic / financial prudence prevailed and i just use a bluetooth receiver if i need something streamed. Nothing beats a dedicated audio setup trumps these portable speaker in sound quality and bass reproduction.

I agree. That's why I decided to just start building a simple audio set-up and eventually stick a bluetooth receiver in it. We'll see where this unexpected turn takes me.

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2013 at 08:43 PM »
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

before i got this i bought a soundlink mini, it has a good sq and bass response except the sound stage and power are limited, anyways what do you expect from a palm size dock. so i decided to return it back to jbhifi (bose outlet australia) and decided to buy an audio dongle and use it on my sound dock portable and presto! great clear sound and bass.

bass technology on soundlink mini is similar to bass radiator good on close range bass vs. sound dock portable which uses wave guide similar to folded horn design used by pro sub woofer manufacturers such as cerwin vega el 36, so its great for extended bass response out door.
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline kiwimig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2013 at 10:33 PM »
i finally have my wireless speakers. i bought a second-hand integrated amp and attached my old acoustic research speakers that i haven't been using. i then bought a bluetooth receiver and connected it to the amp. i can now wirelessly play my music using my phone or pc. best of all, the amp and bluetooth receiver only cost me one-tenth the price of a very good dock but the set-up is much much better in terms of sq. 

Offline wunder9

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2014 at 01:04 PM »
Anybody using Marshall's Stanmore bt speaker?

Offline parasound

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Tubo at Papel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM »
Bose Soundlink Mini user here.. panalo..
Fullrange.. Fullrange.. Fullrange.. Fullrange

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Do you have wireless speakers or speaker docks?
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 10:48 PM »
Check out the q acoustics bt3. :)

Offline kiwimig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 02:57 AM »
Saw this at the jbl store earlier. It looked awesome and sounded good for bluetooth/wireless speaker too.