Author Topic: Galleon.ph  (Read 29266 times)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Galleon.ph
« Reply #30 on: Jun 23, 2015 at 01:30 AM »
Item: Star Wars Complete Saga BD.

BestBuy price: $90 (at x P45.00 for conversion = P4050.00)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-complete-saga-9-discs-blu-ray-blu-ray-disc-gift-set/2550164.p?id=2208592

galleon.ph price: ₱7,053.00 shipping fee NOT included
http://www.galleon.ph/search?keyword=star+wars+the+complete+saga

That's approximately 74% more expensive vs a US retail shop.

Holy cow... :o better stick to other cheaper & reliable service. 

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #31 on: Jun 23, 2015 at 10:40 AM »
how were you able to ship  LBC from Amazon ?

Tried from galleon before. Ayoko na umulit. OK lang sila if they have stocks pag wala ang tagal. It took them 3 weeks of constant follow up palagi sinasabi na on the way na yung item. Nanganak nalang misis ko wala pa ang breast pump. Only to tell me wala ng stock. Ended up buying in amazon and used lbc to send it for $25 it was with me after 5 days. No customs involved

Offline shalomsiy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Jun 23, 2015 at 04:44 PM »
Checked it out. Like I said kinabisado ko na galleon so upon investigation, priced at 112USD ang item nila since last year (nakasulat sa "Price last updated" ng product page). Although if you clicked on "edit" beside the price on product page, it will show you steps on pricing the item on your own and the amazon link which is http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212 for this item which is priced at 88USD.

When you hit reprice, babalik lang sa kanila yun for approval. Currently approved na yung price modification ko at ₱ 5,583.00 + ₱ 769.00 international shipping. Mga lagpas 2K difference sa ebay price pero eto may shipping na.

Also price nila sa item is where they make their margin kaya mas mataas talaga pag compare mo yung 5.5K sa 4K

Just sharing lang naman para mapresent ng maayos.

^
You asked for an example - I provided one.

Pero for argument's sake here's another one. this time, for an item that i havent seen in any local physical retail stores.

Item: Star Wars Complete Saga BD.

BestBuy price: $90 (at x P45.00 for conversion = P4050.00)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-complete-saga-9-discs-blu-ray-blu-ray-disc-gift-set/2550164.p?id=2208592

galleon.ph price: ₱7,053.00 shipping fee NOT included
http://www.galleon.ph/search?keyword=star+wars+the+complete+saga

That's approximately 74% more expensive vs a US retail shop.

This. As a marketing major, I have to agree that this tactic is frowned upon.
Mas mabuti pa sana kung transparent ka about what you are trying to endorse. Similar to what jhelenz did for the HMR Araneta thread; as well as what other online / brick and mortar shop owners and representatives who are forum members are doing here.

Offline prototypeone

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 199
« Reply #33 on: Jun 23, 2015 at 04:54 PM »
^pero do you work for Galleon? seems that you are defending it at every angle.
Say hello to my little friend!

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #34 on: Jun 23, 2015 at 07:07 PM »
^pero do you work for Galleon? seems that you are defending it at every angle.

Bumop. Same direct question that I would like to know for disclosure.

Offline irmscher

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 153
« Reply #35 on: Jun 23, 2015 at 07:53 PM »
Seems he conveniently avoided answering that question.  :D

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #36 on: Jun 23, 2015 at 08:14 PM »
Checked it out. Like I said kinabisado ko na galleon so upon investigation, priced at 112USD ang item nila since last year (nakasulat sa "Price last updated" ng product page). Although if you clicked on "edit" beside the price on product page, it will show you steps on pricing the item on your own and the amazon link which is http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212 for this item which is priced at 88USD.

When you hit reprice, babalik lang sa kanila yun for approval. Currently approved na yung price modification ko at ₱ 5,583.00 + ₱ 769.00 international shipping. Mga lagpas 2K difference sa ebay price pero eto may shipping na.

Also price nila sa item is where they make their margin kaya mas mataas talaga pag compare mo yung 5.5K sa 4K

Just sharing lang naman para mapresent ng maayos.

Wow... to be fair, nagbago nga ang presyo sa galleon. Good feature to make prices more competitive.

So if i were to buy the said item ganito lalabas:

GALLEON:
SUBTOTAL ₱ 5,583.00
International Shipping   + 769.00
GRAND TOTAL ₱ 6,352.00

AMAZON:
Items: PHP 4,196.90
Shipping & handling: PHP 857.60
Total before tax:    PHP 5,054.50
Estimated tax to be collected: PHP 0.00
Import Fees Deposit: PHP 1,183.38
Order total: PHP 6,237.88

I'd still go with Amazon.

By the way, in case you missed the previous queries of other members here...

Do you work for and/or in any way represent Galleon?
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2015 at 08:17 PM by xgh0st12x »
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline neilc

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jun 23, 2015 at 09:19 PM »
Dedma bro. I'm sure he is. No replies with our question but dami nyang reply to defend Galleon.
Apple enthusiast. PlayStation Addict

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #38 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 12:35 AM »
how were you able to ship  LBC from Amazon ?

Sorry if i was not specific. I have family in the US and i asked them a favor to send it to me. I've read as well sa facebook na meron na din service ang LBC just like JAC that you can send it directly to their address and they send it out here. i just forgot the name of that service.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline shalomsiy

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 07:26 PM »
OK you guys got me. I'm Jeffrey Siy. One of the co-founders of Galleon.ph. Shoot me up an email at [email protected] or reply here. Be more than happy to hear from you and respond.

I just wanted to show how we operate and that our rates are somehow competitive considering the service we provide. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.

@xgh0st12x yes it's global amazon shipping but for a lot of items, you won't have an option. Word of caution for all, there's a difference between global amazon shipping and international shipping. You would know if it's the latter if it doesn't have the "Import Fees Deposit"

Our service is more on a buy on behalf service where you simply talk to us and we handle everything from buying and shipping. We solve 3 pain points: those who don't have a credit card, don't want to deal with shipper, don't want to deal with customs. Also we  deliver nationwide.

We can also buy items not on our site. Just send the URL of a website that is able to deliver to the USA and we will buy it for you. This is most useful for sites that restricts Philippine IP address and doesn't accept Philippine issued credit cards.

Expect more features from our site to improve everything from price, delivery time and user interface.

Peace - Shalom!

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #40 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 07:35 PM »
OK you guys got me. I'm Jeffrey Siy. One of the co-founders of Galleon.ph. Shoot me up an email at [email protected] or reply here. Be more than happy to hear from you and respond.

I just wanted to show how we operate and that our rates are somehow competitive considering the service we provide. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.

@xgh0st12x yes it's global amazon shipping but for a lot of items, you won't have an option. Word of caution for all, there's a difference between global amazon shipping and international shipping. You would know if it's the latter if it doesn't have the "Import Fees Deposit"

Our service is more on a buy on behalf service where you simply talk to us and we handle everything from buying and shipping. We solve 3 pain points: those who don't have a credit card, don't want to deal with shipper, don't want to deal with customs. Also we  deliver nationwide.

We can also buy items not on our site. Just send the URL of a website that is able to deliver to the USA and we will buy it for you. This is most useful for sites that restricts Philippine IP address and doesn't accept Philippine issued credit cards.

Expect more features from our site to improve everything from price, delivery time and user interface.

Peace - Shalom!
Discounts for Pdvd members?
Columbia

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 07:43 PM »
Ayun naman pala. You could have said it naman agad.  ^-^ ^-^ >:D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #42 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 08:02 PM »
Hahaha!  Ayun naman pala.  Bakit kasi kailangan pang magpanggap na kunwari customer.   ;D  May kilala raw na nakapagtry na ng service ng galleon.  "Naka ilan" na rin naman daw siya at nagka-issue pa daw.

Offline xgh0st12x

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 08:03 PM »
yup. I usually do amazon global for most consumer electronics related products para faster ang shipping and iwas hassle sa customs.

Also, galleon.ph couldve gotten a warmer reception here in pdvd if you were transparent about how you represented it. ok sana if you introduced yourself properly, acted as a subject matter expert or a liaison to galleon and pdvd members rather than taking the 'suggestive marketing' approach.

Most resellers and brick and mortar shop owners here in pdvd have established good names by primarily being transparent about their business models as well as their wares.

Just saying...

Welcome to pdvd. Feel free to participate in other discussions. Get to know some folks. Maraming tao dito, malaki ang disposable income. Hahaha!
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline yapoy86

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #44 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 08:23 PM »
Umamin din..

Offline sovrain

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #45 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 08:26 PM »
Good move shalomsiy, sa pag amin mo, malamang, kapag may gustong gumamit ng galleon, kukunsulta sa iyo...goodluck!
Marantz SR5005/PM90/SA8260
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D
TEAC UD-HO1|Trio TT|Asus O'play|MED1000X

Offline irmscher

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 153
« Reply #46 on: Jun 24, 2015 at 08:39 PM »
Hahaha. I was about to say that you sound like a Product Manager for Galleon, judging from the way you described the site functionality. Even better it turns out -- you're actually one of the co-founders.

I also agree with xgh0st12x -- a bit deceptive on your part to misrepresent yourself as another helpful forum member when in fact, it was obvious that you're conflicted. It's good that you finally came clean, but please don't do that. Either here or on other forums. You're not helping yourself / your brand when you're outed this way.

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #47 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:08 AM »
Yeah ive always wondered why would anyone misrepresent themselves when it only does bad for the company. If youre transparent and have a good service then people will flock to your service.

Now im more inclined to try galleon than before.

Oo nga naman, special discount for PDVD members  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2015 at 01:09 AM by pekspert »
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7152
« Reply #48 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 07:22 AM »
what pisses me off is the unforeseen charges just
as the package is to be delivered to my doorstep,
such was my experience with FedEx,
i paid the vendor total cost including shipping,
and now comes a third party holding my goods up for ransom...

there is not much real difference in cost between galleon and amazon that i can see,
what will make a difference i think is the speed in delivery of goods...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 07:40 AM »

Peace - Shalom!

clear as daylight...thanks...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline xgh0st12x

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:08 AM »
there is not much real difference in cost between galleon and amazon that i can see,
what will make a difference i think is the speed in delivery of goods...

Amazon global Expedited Shipping: 5-10 business days.
Galleon: 10-15 business days.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:18 AM »

both seems reasonable, the key here is advanced planning...
if you know you need an item by such and such dates,
then you should order them early....
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2015 at 07:28 PM by tony »

Offline xgh0st12x

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:47 AM »
True. For excited impulse buyers however, it might be another story.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline shalomsiy

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 10:08 PM »
Yes we tried Amazon's shipping. Crazy fast but seems I've heard some people experience delays. We usually ship within 2 week. The 15 business days is really just buffer. Under promise, over deliver. We are however working on a faster and cheaper shipping.

For discounts email me [email protected]. We also might have a promo next month so watch out.

We have several customers buying DVDs, blu-ray, and CDs.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #54 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 04:51 AM »
Hi Jeff, does it work if we want something online then have it shipped through you? Like for example, this one:
http://www.peachtreeaudio.com/x1-usb-spdif-converter.html

How much would the landed cost be? Wanted to compare rates. Thanks.

Offline shalomsiy

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jul 02, 2015 at 06:36 PM »
Yes we can accommodate that but instead of you buying it yourself, we buy for you. Although if you really want to order it using your card, we can accommodate that as well. Do note that some sites doesn't accept Philippine issued credit cards for fraud prevention.

Kindly email our support team at [email protected] and indicate the links of where we can buy it. Make sure to put your phone number as we don't make a quote without complete contact details. It's takes time to generate quotes and we don't want to have unreachable contact details once we have the cost calculated already. BTW, when I saw quote, that's all in and you don't pay anything else when the item gets here. This is bec we already estimate size and item weight prior to delivery and ordering.

Hi Jeff, does it work if we want something online then have it shipped through you? Like for example, this one:
http://www.peachtreeaudio.com/x1-usb-spdif-converter.html

How much would the landed cost be? Wanted to compare rates. Thanks.

Offline shalomsiy

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jul 15, 2015 at 03:28 PM »
Prime Day deals just started http://www.galleon.ph/primeday Saw some Blue-ray and DVDs for sale

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #57 on: Jul 15, 2015 at 10:25 PM »
Prime Day deals just started http://www.galleon.ph/primeday Saw some Blue-ray and DVDs for sale

Sabay sa Amazon.

Offline shalomsiy

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 14, 2015 at 08:59 PM »
Hi Everyone, glad to say we have shortened delivery time to 6-12 business days.

We also have an ongoing 30% discount for international shipping only until August 31, 2015

Enjoy

Offline prototypeone

• DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 14, 2015 at 09:04 PM »
^can we like, pm you our inquiries directly about a specific item we are interested in? E.g. price quotation