Author Topic: Oldboyracers HT build  (Read 202935 times)

Offline Gino

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Oldboyracers HT build
« Reply #870 on: Oct 30, 2014 at 06:07 PM »
Very nice. You'll figure something out.

Offline Oldboyracer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • May the upgrade be with you
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #871 on: Oct 30, 2014 at 06:17 PM »
You can thank informal settlers for that law. A funny incident occured many years back. When a big bus company burned, suddenly an entire community of illegal settlers were without power. Without the bus company's knowledge, it was supplying power for everyone ha ha. Water too.

Hi Gino,I thought the reason would be something like that but I would have thought that if an arrangement was made between 2 people that should be OK - as I have said previously you learn something new every day  :)
Emotiva XSP-1 & XPA-DR2, SMSL VMV D1, ND8006
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #872 on: Oct 30, 2014 at 06:21 PM »
Very nice. You'll figure something out.

Thanks Gino, I shall assemble the audio rack tomorrow & see if the 2 racks will sit side by side. this will give a speaker spacing of 2.4 meters. The top of the audio rack would be ideal for the turntable, more pics tomorrow.
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #873 on: Oct 30, 2014 at 06:52 PM »
Paint retouching still to do as VECO cut our electric supply (no light), apparently our neighbour was violating their contract by giving us power. 

Neighbor (and you) were actually violating RA 7832 :)

"Section 1.  Short Title. – This Act shall be referred to as the "Anti-Electricity and Electric Transmission Lines/Materials Pilferage Act of 1994."
     Sec.   2.  Illegal Use of Electricity.  – It is hereby declared unlawful for any person, whether natural or juridical, public or private, to:
        (a)  Tap, make or cause to be made any connection with overhead lines, service drops, or other electric service wires, without previous authority or consent of the private electric utility or rural electric cooperative concerned;
        (b)  Tap, make or cause to be made any connection to the existing electric service facilities of any duly registered consumer without the latter's or the electric utility's consent or authority;
X X X
        (e)  Knowingly use or receive the direct benefit of electric service through any of the acts mentioned in subsections (a), (b), (c), and (d) above."

Good that your architect rectified the problem. Hope all is well.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2014 at 07:00 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #874 on: Oct 30, 2014 at 11:11 PM »

"Section 1.  Short Title. – This Act shall be referred to as the "Anti-Electricity and Electric Transmission Lines/Materials Pilferage Act of 1994."
     Sec.   2.  Illegal Use of Electricity.  – It is hereby declared unlawful for any person, whether natural or juridical, public or private, to:
        (a)  Tap, make or cause to be made any connection with overhead lines, service drops, or other electric service wires, without previous authority or consent of the private electric utility or rural electric cooperative concerned;
        (b)  Tap, make or cause to be made any connection to the existing electric service facilities of any duly registered consumer without the latter's or the electric utility's consent or authority;
X X X
        (e)  Knowingly use or receive the direct benefit of electric service through any of the acts mentioned in subsections (a), (b), (c), and (d) above."

Thanks for that Ma'm, I will make sure I read the contract when I finally get connected.
The problem is not quite rectified yet, I'm still waiting for the temporary supply to be installed   :(
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #875 on: Oct 31, 2014 at 05:09 AM »

X X X

A lot of people in the depressed areas are violating this law but implementation of sanctions aren't done. There was even one who died of electrocution doing the act of stealing electricity.

What's worse we legal payers are paying for those stolen electricity passed as "system losses".

No offense to you OBR.

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #876 on: Oct 31, 2014 at 08:02 AM »
A lot of people in the depressed areas are violating this law but implementation of sanctions aren't done. There was even one who died of electrocution doing the act of stealing electricity.

What's worse we legal payers are paying for those stolen electricity passed as "system losses".

No offense to you OBR.

No offense taken Doc. In my case it wasn't a "system loss" or theft as I had my own meter & paid the site share of my neighbours bill  :)
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #877 on: Oct 31, 2014 at 06:07 PM »
Update :- Old audio rack assembled & a couple of pics with the 2 racks side by side. I've encountered my 1st problem in that if I use the racks I will have problems siting the acoustic panels. Preliminary measurements show that a purpose built rack will be 7 " shorter & will help with the acoustic panel install so I hope to get that sorted tomorrow.

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2019 at 08:06 PM by Oldboyracer »
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #878 on: Nov 05, 2014 at 06:29 PM »
Update :- I've been told we may have power by the weekend but I'm not holding my breath. Have taken the opportunity to get some retouching done in the HT room before the painters went but it's like a greenhouse in there so work definitely suspended until we have power. It's very frustrating but it has allowed me to make a snagging list (punch list I think you call it here) for the completion of the house. The wife is arranging a house blessing so our move is imminent  ;D
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #879 on: Nov 11, 2014 at 08:03 AM »
Update :- Bad news guys & gals, VECO have refused a temporary power connection so I will have to wait till 1st week in December. The only good thing about it is the cost will be about a third of what I was expecting. The existing power line is currently overloaded & down for upgrading so VECO has agreed to bring this program forward & incorporate my load so I will not need my own transformer.
So things on hold for 3 more weeks - frustrating   :( :( :(.
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2021 at 10:55 PM by Oldboyracer »
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline sovrain

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #880 on: Nov 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM »
What is the reason for refusal sir? Every house construction is entitled for a temporary power connection, in which such permit is being issued by the building official. the owner can file his application for the TPC after the building permit is issued by the BO. So the service provider should comply to the order by the BO...the certificate of TPC would bear the time frame in which, how long you intend to use the TPC....
Marantz SR5005/PM90/SA8260
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D
TEAC UD-HO1|Trio TT|Asus O'play|MED1000X

Offline Gino

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #881 on: Nov 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM »
" The existing power line is currently overloaded & down for upgrading"

That's the reason.

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #882 on: Nov 11, 2014 at 09:28 PM »
What is the reason for refusal sir? Every house construction is entitled for a temporary power connection, in which such permit is being issued by the building official. the owner can file his application for the TPC after the building permit is issued by the BO. So the service provider should comply to the order by the BO...the certificate of TPC would bear the time frame in which, how long you intend to use the TPC....

Hi sovrain, I have the endorsement from the Municipal Hall for the temporary supply but after inspection VECO have decided that the build is too far advanced to comply. As the supply would be fairly low current compared to my requirements & I would have the ability to overload it they refused, they also probably took into account that I was applying for a permanent supply at the same time. They are not bothered that we will have 4/5 weeks of inactivity & need power to complete the house. It's very frustrating but not a lot I can do   :(
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #883 on: Nov 11, 2014 at 09:45 PM »
" The existing power line is currently overloaded & down for upgrading"

That's the reason.

That probably had a lot to do with it Gino, power outages through negligence or bad judgement go against the engineers & management (I'm told) so I don't really blame them. The good news is they've brought the upgrade forward, will incorporate my load & will save me a lot of cash but sooooooooooh very frustrating.
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Gino

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #884 on: Nov 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM »
I am reminded of my officemate. Being the last guy to build on his street he had to buy his own power line post he he.

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #885 on: Nov 12, 2014 at 05:43 PM »
I am reminded of my officemate. Being the last guy to build on his street he had to buy his own power line post he he.

One of the requirements of the connection is we move the power line post 4 feet & increase the height of the concrete column by 5 feet. My post was already a foot higher than the neighbours so now it'll be 2/3 feet higher. The column I can understand - to take the extra weight of the cable required for my line but don't quite understand the extra overall height   ???
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Gino

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #886 on: Nov 12, 2014 at 10:28 PM »
That is quite odd. I am assuming your neighbor's cables will be connected to the same lines.

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #887 on: Nov 13, 2014 at 06:34 AM »
That is quite odd. I am assuming your neighbor's cables will be connected to the same lines.

Yes it is odd Gino, my repositioned post will be 1 M + higher than my neighbours. Our feed will be taken from the post opposite our driveway but my neighbours feed comes from the next post downstream. There is a drop in that direction so it may be VECO wanting my post the same height as my feed post, I'll have to check when the column has been completed.
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #888 on: Nov 13, 2014 at 10:02 PM »
A new development & even more frustration. Although we have the routing slip & receipt VECO will not authorise their accredited electrical contractor to start the meter installation until they have a copy of the occupancy permit, which means the upgrade is also on hold. The Municipal hall is giving us the runaround with the permit so my architect is trying to sweet talk them, until we get it we are at a standstill  :'( :'( :'(
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #889 on: Nov 13, 2014 at 10:11 PM »
C'mon! That's a simple occupancy permit?! Why don't they spend REAL time to inspect your home once and for all. Can't they even consider that they are allowing landless individuals w/o building permit access to electricity whereas you, trying to follow every last building law, legitimately is having a difficult time?! Talk about patriotism. You're like going again in circles with those paper works.

Offline Gino

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #890 on: Nov 13, 2014 at 10:52 PM »
Get used to it. The runaround is a scheme so you cough up some tokens.

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #891 on: Nov 14, 2014 at 09:07 AM »
C'mon! That's a simple occupancy permit?! Why don't they spend REAL time to inspect your home once and for all. Can't they even consider that they are allowing landless individuals w/o building permit access to electricity whereas you, trying to follow every last building law, legitimately is having a difficult time?! Talk about patriotism. You're like going again in circles with those paper works.

Also my feelings Nelson, the annoying thing is the inspection for occupancy was done 2 weeks ago, everything is OK but the excuse for not issuing is "the engineers are out of the office". VECO I cant understand, I'm willing to pay the installation deposit, the line has to be upgraded anyway (without me involved) but they will not start or allow my meter to be installed until they have a copy of the occupancy certificate. Also the contractor has now asked for our marriage certificate & my id which is at the bureau of immigration with my visa application. I'm trying to keep cool but it's testing my patience, the wife is doing a good job keeping me away from the Municipal Hall in case I lose my temper.
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #892 on: Nov 14, 2014 at 09:18 AM »
Get used to it. The runaround is a scheme so you cough up some tokens.

I thought I had Gino, the payment at every little stage is unusual for me but after almost 2 years I'm sort of used to it. The real frustration is that we're that close to completion & every time we fulfill the requirements for something at the return visit the requirements have changed.
As I say very frustrating - I do want to be in the new house for Xmas  :-\
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline sovrain

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #893 on: Nov 14, 2014 at 09:38 AM »
Also my feelings Nelson, the annoying thing is the inspection for occupancy was done 2 weeks ago, everything is OK but the excuse for not issuing is "the engineers are out of the office". VECO I cant understand, I'm willing to pay the installation deposit, the line has to be upgraded anyway (without me involved) but they will not start or allow my meter to be installed until they have a copy of the occupancy certificate. Also the contractor has now asked for our marriage certificate & my id which is at the bureau of immigration with my visa application. I'm trying to keep cool but it's testing my patience, the wife is doing a good job keeping me away from the Municipal Hall in case I lose my temper.
kakalungkot naman, the certificate of occupancy together with the certificate of final electrical inspection should be released on same day with the inspection, unless may problema, such as, the finished house is not in conformity with the submitted plans and specifications...pwede mo silang ireklamo in line with ARTA, anti red tape act, kung tama lahat ng documents....
Marantz SR5005/PM90/SA8260
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D
TEAC UD-HO1|Trio TT|Asus O'play|MED1000X

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #894 on: Nov 14, 2014 at 04:59 PM »
kakalungkot naman, the certificate of occupancy together with the certificate of final electrical inspection should be released on same day with the inspection, unless may problema, such as, the finished house is not in conformity with the submitted plans and specifications...pwede mo silang ireklamo in line with ARTA, anti red tape act, kung tama lahat ng documents....

I agree sovrain, I do not mind a few days between the inspection & issuing occupancy certificate but after 2 weeks they say follow up next week (which is what they said last week) is ridiculous, especially when it is a requirement for a power installation. hopefully things will be sorted next week.
I've just come back from site & the electrical contractor has started work & fitted a box into the wall which I presume will be used for joining the cables from the pole. Also I've had a good look at the post opposite my car port & it is the 1st for branching off to the local houses which means I will effectively be the nearest to the transformer so less likely to have problems from other peoples loads  :)
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #895 on: Nov 20, 2014 at 12:17 PM »
Some good news, I have seen the occupancy certificate & is now back at the Municipal Hall with my application for a permanent supply, I need the endorsement before VECO will officially recognise the job. The other good thing is the acredited electrician has already started so we'll save a few days when VECO finally start moving.   
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #896 on: Nov 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM »
Good news indeed obr. Anxiously waiting for a future post from you that starts with "FINALLY..."
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline Gino

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #897 on: Nov 20, 2014 at 01:00 PM »
Good to know. Huwat na lang dutay.

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #898 on: Nov 20, 2014 at 06:09 PM »
Good news indeed obr. Anxiously waiting for a future post from you that starts with "FINALLY..."

Thanks ghost, I'm also waiting to post - "the opening night"  ;D
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Oldboyracer

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #899 on: Nov 20, 2014 at 06:10 PM »
Good to know. Huwat na lang dutay.

I'm trying to be patient Gino but it's hard   :)
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial