Author Topic: Will dead pixels and/or white spots come back after they go away?  (Read 715 times)

Offline jars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Guys i have a brand new Toshiba Regza 46VL20E LED TV. After testing it for a few hours on the day that we bought it, nagkaroon siya ng white spot, i'm not sure kung dead pixel kasi hindi pa ako nakakita ng dead pixels on an HDTV, sa PC monitor it looks like a dot, but on this TV it just seemed like a white smudge, na lumaki ng lumaki. Nagkaroon siya ng tail na humaba. Siguro mga one square inch yung white spot tapos yung tail niya humaba ng 2 inches over the next few hours. Parang kada bukas ulit ng TV palaki ng palaki yung spot. But then after turning it off for a while and cleaning the panel with an LCD cleaning wet wipe, the spot started to recede each time I turned the TV on. Now upon waking up the next morning it's almost not noticeable. It's uncomfortably close to "not noticeable" that I think it's small enough to be not covered by warranty's anymore. (I understand that warranty's don't cover isolated unnoticeable dead pixels?)

My question is this, if the spot completely disappears, is there a danger that it will come back? Just because it went away does it mean that there is no permanent damage to my LCD panel?

Sincerely,

onch

Offline shoestrings

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • missing the moon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: Will dead pixels and/or white spots come back after they go away?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2013 at 11:00 AM »
my experience with dead pixels was just for cellphones but I used to have big blot of dead pixels (1 centimeter) on my android phone.  after a few weeks of using the phone the blot eventually just faded away..  after almost a year using the phone the dead pixel on my screen never came back.. 
I spent the summer wasting
The time was passed so easily

Offline bhenard

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Practice perfect,nobody is perfect,so why practice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2013 at 08:50 AM »
in my lg case..i notice black smudge like, i rub it thrice for curiosity.nothing happen..still there
Samsung UA75' F8000
OnkyoTX-NR616/Onkyo RZ730
PSB T6 / Polk tsi100 a3/a4/a6
TanoyTS2.10/ SVS PB12

Offline jars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2014 at 12:59 AM »
I just had it replaced. They replaced it with the same model after seeing the white spot, no questions asked.