Author Topic: NIDA BLANCA  (Read 18120 times)

Offline alfred

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
NIDA BLANCA
« on: Nov 08, 2001 at 12:03 PM »
NIDA BLANCA 1936-2001

A great actress. Someone who has touched our lives with her movies. Paalam "MARSHA". We will miss you.

http://boracay.vasia.com/nidablanca/ 

Offline freakondvd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Fellow dvd addicts, unite!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NIDA BLANCA
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 12:23 PM »
I love her performance in "Saan Darating ang Umaga?", "Miguelito: Ang Batang Rebelde", and the more recent "Sana Pag-ibig Na". I wish they would rerun "John and Marsha". A great loss, indeed.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 01:12 PM »
I just heard about it a couple of seconds ago from a friend in New Jersey.  :'( :'(

It is a very sad news. She is a very talented actress.

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 06:10 PM »
I was actually at Annapolis yesterday getting some work. I passed by the building where it happened on the way to Greenhills and there were lots of people and press. It makes me sad really.

Like I mentioned in that closed thread, she's one of our legends and it's so sad to learn that she's gone and had to go out that way. It's sad and and the same time, nakakagalit. Whoever did this has to pay for it. Pay for it bad.

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 07:48 PM »
Bludgeoned and stabbed 13 times, who does that? Either the perpetrator is under the influence or has a really bad grudge against her which is really unthinkable since she seemed like a nice lady.

The gym I go to is in the same building as her MTRCB office. I've got creepy experiences in that building in the elevators. I don't know if I can still go there alone.

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 08:08 PM »

Bludgeoned and stabbed 13 times, who does that? Either the perpetrator is under the influence or has a really bad grudge against her which is really unthinkable since she seemed like a nice lady.

The gym I go to is in the same building as her MTRCB office. I've got creepy experiences in that building in the elevators. I don't know if I can still go there alone.

Utoy-as they always say in any Film Noir, "Follow The Money"People are not always as what WE PRESUME they are.

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2001 at 10:37 PM »
Such a tragic, violent way to go. :( I was reading the Nida Blanca story in Inquirer but what really gripped me was the equally tragic story below it, also on the front page:

KIDNAPPING 2001:An I-Team Report

Hole in the ceiling

Lily was expecting her 5-year-old daughter Lee and 29-year-old Nana, the yaya (nanny), to come back from school at the usual time, around 11:30 a.m. By noon, however, the two still weren't home. By 2 p.m., Lily was frantic. Lee and Nana had been seen leaving the school in a taxi, Lily was told, but nobody noticed anything unusual.

It was the same taxi they had hired a couple of times in the past. Lily and her mother sought the help of a person who knew the taxi driver. They thought the driver might have been the last to see the two and could provide leads in solving their disappearance. The person, who lived close by, helped willingly. He would take Lily to Bulacan where the driver lived, he said.

On the way to Bulacan, Lily remembers now, their guide made a call to the driver to say they were coming. When Lily and company arrived, the driver was there to welcome them in his house. He offered some possible leads. He even boasted of knowing a police acquaintance who could help in the search.

Lily went home disappointed. She went home thinking she had heard the faint sound of a child's cry. From where it came from she did not know.

Lily waited for a call from someone, anyone, demanding ransom, but no one called. She decided to contact the PAOCTF.

The next day, PAOCTF agents went to the driver's house. They asked if they could look around and the driver said Yes. One agent saw a hole in the ceiling, and the driver's face turned ashen. The agents clambered up to see. There in the dark, they found what they were searching for. Lee and Nana were there—both hog-tied, both dead from heat and suffocation.

It had not been quite two days; no ransom demand had been made or negotiations started. What had happened?

The driver and his accomplice(s), it turned out, had not quite made up their mind how much ransom to ask for and when to call. The driver panicked when he learned on that first night that Lily was coming to his house. He and his accomplice(s) hid the captives—who were still alive—up on the ceiling.

"Misis, huwag kayong mabibigla (Ma'am, brace yourself)," the PAOCTF agent said to Lily before he broke the news. He then said what she had dreaded to hear. Lily fainted.

"Bo lo (No more)," was all the weeping Lily could say to her estranged husband who was living in Taiwan.

When found, Lee and Nana were in a terrible state. Lee had bruises and scratches on her body, telltale signs of her struggle while gasping for air. Nana had been raped.

During the confrontation between the suspects and Lily's family, however, the driver and his accomplice denied raping the maid. They wouldn't do such a thing, they said, because "she was ugly."

:(

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2001 at 04:17 PM »

Nana had been raped.

During the confrontation between the suspects and Lily's family, however, the driver and his accomplice denied raping the maid. They wouldn't do such a thing, they said, because "she was ugly."

:(

That's a really sad story DVDiva. Does anyone watch CSI dito sa AXN during Wednesday? Events like this, like this kidnapping-rape and the murder of Nida makes me wish badly na may CSI tayo dito. I'm pretty sure that we may have something like it, but from what I read, these people are not as advanced or probably not as smart. What was the cops clever deduction on the suspect? They say it's most likely a woman. Wow? Did they see some hair samples? Get the DNA? From fingerprints? No, they concluded that it was a woman because the stab wounds were shallow. DUH! Ang galing a. Ang TALINO a. Bakit, dahil hindi kasing lakas ng babae ang lalaki? Mga bobo. Magsama na kayo ng Taliban kung ganyan ang tingin nyo sa babae.

Yung Philosophy kasi sa CSI is something I find really fascinating. NO matter how much a suspect lies, it's the evidence that will always tell the truth. I'm disappointed because law enforcement in this country has a LOOOOOT to learn about handling evidence properly.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2001 at 06:32 PM »
Hey Komikero,  I think NBI has their "CSI" people, and the technology to boot,  pero like you said, not as competent. Buti pa yung cast ng CSI, mukhang alam ang ginagawa nila even if it's "acting".  ;D

DVDiva, I read that article on kidnapping too.  Kawawa nga yung maid, namatay na nga ni-lait pa.  >:(

What irked me most when I read the news on Nida Blanca's death in the Inquirer was JV Ejercito's comments.  I felt like he was using this incident to criticize the present government.Asar! Shut up already! >:(

And yes, I wish I could watch John and Marsha all over again!

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2001 at 07:23 PM »
I definitely agree...

That JV guy is kulang sa pansin... he thinks that his father is a saint when they are obviously a family who also took advantage of their positions in government (before and even now) :-(

Somebody has to tell that guy to shut up or may be he is better of being sent to Afghanistan to prove his worth. Ang yabang, hambog at walang credibility at all  :-X >:(

Offline maldita

• Collector
  • wiggle my nose =)
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Nov 10, 2001 at 12:00 AM »
I know this sounds so pessimistic of me but the first thing I thought of (especially in our society) was who would "grandstand" from her death?
1. Erap - as always, he acts like he took care of the whole friggin pinoy hollywood.  As if.
2. Nestor Torre - I don't like his articles, the way he writes and his penchant for being smug.  yeesh..

but i'm sure the ones who wouldn't use her death in vain would be her husband (diba may commercial pa sila for a vitamin?) and Dolphy (a.k.a. John)...I think they really were good and cared for her.  Good people.  

Gosh, the original taray queen is gone.  sniff...i wanna watch John n Marsha ulit!:(

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2001 at 04:51 AM »
:-[ Really a tragedy!  

Paalam din Mrs. MARSHA!  

I hope they get whoever did this gruesome thing to her! >:(

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2001 at 12:18 PM »
Nida Blanca

What made her such a memorable, wonderful actress?  Her smile, which was unique; it had a queer twist to one side, as if it wanted to become a sneer, something worthy of a femme fatale like Barbara Stanwyck in a noir thriller.  It didn’t, not quite; it was accompanied by a pair of eyes that could open wide in surprise and wonder, or narrow into an intense, laser-beam stare.  The problem with those eyes--or the glory of them, whichever way you saw it--was the twinkle you saw in them; it was a twinkle that told you she was only kidding, that the almost-sneer is just a put-on, that the tough-girl image is merely a façade to defend herself from a very tough world.  

That twinkle--so impish, so full of mischief--set the tone for most of Blanca’s performances, I think.  It let you in on the joke, made you an intimate accomplice to her secret world of feisty tomboys, comely Visayan lasses, light-footed comediennes.  You weren’t looking up at her from below; you were up there on the big screen beside her, dancing with her, laughing with her, exchanging witty wisecracks that made the world--and the two of you--fall in love.

Even towards the end she made you laugh--in Tikoy Aguiluz’s “Biyaheng Langit” (Paradise Express, 2000), she was Joyce Jimenez’s grandmother, and is scolded for her gambling addiction.  Blanca’s reply went something like this: “please understand, this is the only pleasure left to me since my husband (in the film) died…anyway, life itself is gamble; who am I to deny otherwise?”  Aguiluz himself takes a small gamble in casting Blanca, known for her wholesome image, in an erotic thriller.  It’s a gamble that pays off--even as grandmother, Blanca’s smile and twinkle come into play; you can see that this is a grandmother capable of fun, a grandmother capable of mischief, a grandmother perfectly capable, despite her gentleness and well-meaning, of getting her granddaughter into deep trouble.

But if her comedies made us laugh and fall in love, her dramas also moved us.  In Lino Brocka’s “Miguelito” she was the mother of Aga Muhlach, who played the title role.  The film is really Muhlach’s: he spends the most time onscreen, he is the focus of the story, and he is the one required to react dramatically to the news that he is a bastard son of one of his father’s mistresses.  It’s not a successful performance, I think; Muhlach flails all over the place when he means to be intense, acts remote when he means to look openly vulnerable. He was too raw, too unrefined at the time (despite all of Brocka’s reputed skill with first-time performers) to capture the growing insecurity and angst of an upper-class adolescent who learns that he isn’t one after all.

But Blanca was perfect--quiet and understated, she played a woman cruelly shoved aside to avoid scandal, a woman who meekly accepted her role as non-entity in the life of her son for the sake of the boy’s future.  

Then the unthinkable happens.  Miguelito has learned of his bastard origins and has sought her out, coming to her humble shack just when she is preparing dinner.  She turns and there he is: the one person on earth she wants to see the most, the one person on earth she never wants to see--because if she does it means Miguelito knows the entire sordid, scandalous truth.  

In any lesser drama, Blanca would have brought down the roof with a fireworks display of tears and hysterical screaming; instead, she goes on preparing dinner, the trembling in her voice and hands being the only sign of her agitation.  She’s kept her love and feelings to herself for all these years, her calmness seems to tell us; why should she crack now?

In Jeffrey Jeturian and Amando Lao’s “Sana Pag-Ibig Na” (If Only This Were Love, 1998), Blanca plays Gerald Madrid’s mother, an otherwise happy, contented creature until her husband dies, and she learns that he had a mistress.  

The focus again is elsewhere, on Gerald Madrid as a young boy who meets his dead father’s mistress and befriends her.  It’s a tiny little drama, well-written and acted, rather small-scale and careful.  What lifts it above the run-of-the-mill television drama is Amando Lao’s cleverly structured plot and gift for characterization and--again--Nida Blanca.

Blanca acts--and Jeturian directs her--as if she’s never seen a drama before where the wife learns of her husband’s infidelity: Blanca’s anger here is fresh, raw, intense.  More, Blanca (and Jeturian in casting her) seems to bring into her anger not just the sense of a wife and mother betrayed; she also brings into her anger the sense that this is NIDA BLANCA being betrayed.  This is the beloved Waray girl, the feisty, tomboyish galwagaw (wacko), the mischievous, fleet-footed comedienne who danced into everyone’s hearts so long ago--and continues to do so now.  She does the betraying, if anyone does; she’s the one who breaks hearts, if anyone.  What made him do this to her?  What made him choose a younger beautiful woman?  Can’t he see how young she still is inside--how beautiful still?  How can he be so blind?  

Blanca’s anger ultimately suggests a woman’s anger at the ravages of time, at the process that puts lines in one’s face and spots on one’s hands and pain in one’s back so that the body bends closer to the ground--closer to the grave itself.  Blanca doesn’t just rage at her husband’s betrayal; she rages at the process of aging and corruption and ultimately, at death.    

Offline freakondvd

• Collector
  • Fellow dvd addicts, unite!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2001 at 03:04 AM »

2. Nestor Torre - I don't like his articles, the way he writes and his penchant for being smug.  yeesh..

Couldn't agree with you more, maldita. And it has been rumored that he's on the payroll of ABS-CBN so if you'll notice, most of his articles are "praise" releases for the station. Where's his integrity as a film & TV reviewer?

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
NESTOR TORRID
« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2001 at 05:24 AM »
Shhh.

Don't let's start stomping on Nestor Torre.

He's too easy a target.

And besides, I might not want to stop.  ;D

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 16, 2001 at 08:24 AM »

But if her comedies made us laugh and fall in love, her dramas also moved us.  In Lino Brocka’s “Miguelito” she was the mother of Aga Muhlach, who played the title role.  The film is really Muhlach’s: he spends the most time onscreen, he is the focus of the story, and he is the one required to react dramatically to the news that he is a bastard son of one of his father’s mistresses.  It’s not a successful performance, I think; Muhlach flails all over the place when he means to be intense, acts remote when he means to look openly vulnerable. He was too raw, too unrefined at the time (despite all of Brocka’s reputed skill with first-time performers) to capture the growing insecurity and angst of an upper-class adolescent who learns that he isn’t one after all.

But Blanca was perfect--quiet and understated, she played a woman cruelly shoved aside to avoid scandal, a woman who meekly accepted her role as non-entity in the life of her son for the sake of the boy’s future.  

Then the unthinkable happens.  Miguelito has learned of his bastard origins and has sought her out, coming to her humble shack just when she is preparing dinner.  She turns and there he is: the one person on earth she wants to see the most, the one person on earth she never wants to see--because if she does it means Miguelito knows the entire sordid, scandalous truth.  

In any lesser drama, Blanca would have brought down the roof with a fireworks display of tears and hysterical screaming; instead, she goes on preparing dinner, the trembling in her voice and hands being the only sign of her agitation.  She’s kept her love and feelings to herself for all these years, her calmness seems to tell us; why should she crack now?

I cannot believe you ripped Aga's performance apart Noel ! Anyways, in my opinion, this was his best. I have never seen him acting the same way he did here afterwards .. maybe wrong choice of films, maybe wrong motivation from directors, or maybe he just didn't grow up as an actor.

But back to Nida, any review of her performance in Saan Darating Ang Umaga ? I especially liked two scenes in that movie. First, in the restaurant when she said something like those who returned their adopted kids to orphanage were heartless. And second, when she and Maricel had their confrontation in the hospital, making Maricel choose between her and Jaypee de Guzman.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 16, 2001 at 11:29 AM »
Miguelito was Aga's most ambitious and most difficult role and he didn't quite measure up, I think.  

On the other hand, he's grown as an actor, is far more skilled and sophisticated today, has a more relaxed and confident presence onscreen...and yet is essentially acting with his dimples.  

Take your pick, which Aga you prefer.

I have this on good stead, as in, someone who actually wrote a movie for him, that you have to give him elaborate stage directions or else he'll bump his nose on the door.

As in:

OPEN DOOR.  WALK THROUGH DOOR.  CLOSE DOOR BEHIND YOU.

I'm not kidding.  

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2001 at 11:31 AM »
Just saw Miguelito.

It has serious flaws, and as I remember, Aga is one of the most serious.  

There's a scene where Nida and Gloria Romero meet and talk.  Aga stands between them and does nothing...literally nothing.  He's just staring into space, as if someone had switched off his brain.  

What an idiot.  It's a complex role, and he's clearly underqualified for it (Christopher De Leon did a better job in Tinimbang Ka Ngunit Kulang).  

Nida is wonderful.  Eddie Garcia is great (why does Brocka use him so often as the hated and despised father figure?  Does he believe in Eddie that much...or hate him and what he stands for that much?).  But the revelation here is Rey PJ Abellana.  The man is terrific!  His role has everything you can ask for--complexity, ambiguity, inner conflict...and he handles it so well, so effortlessly.  The movie belongs to him, if it belongs to anyone (PJ, ang batang rebelde).  

I noticed that when (SPOILERS) Garcia is killed, Aga is given his moment to mourn for the father, to give the father his due.  I think this is why Brocka did the film...because in Tinimbang, while the GArcia father figure had some complexity, in the end he was shunted aside, condmened, ignored.  Brocka needed to resurrect him in one more well-made melodrama (Tinimbang is melodrama transcended), just to give him the final justice of a son's grief.  He must have really loved, and hated, his father.  

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 17, 2001 at 11:37 AM »
Some pahabol notes:

Robert Arevalo plays a principled lawyer here. He's always playing strong, forceful characters, and playing them well.  Not quite the same person in real life...but that's why he's such a good actor...

The ending is total bull.  If (SPOILERS) Garcia is dead, you think his men will let everyone go just like that?  So they can testify about THEIR participation in all this?  No.  Everyone dies, who knows about it, and the next strongest man in the group will take care of this.  As I've said before and will say again, Brocka, like Bernal, can't direct noir or action worth a damn.  

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2001 at 02:26 PM »

Some pahabol notes:

Robert Arevalo plays a principled lawyer here. He's always playing strong, forceful characters, and playing them well.  Not quite the same person in real life...but that's why he's such a good actor...

The ending is total bull.  If (SPOILERS) Garcia is dead, you think his men will let everyone go just like that?  So they can testify about THEIR participation in all this?  No.  Everyone dies, who knows about it, and the next strongest man in the group will take care of this.  As I've said before and will say again, Brocka, like Bernal, can't direct noir or action worth a damn.  

Hey Noel, ever tried ot thought of directing a film ?

I have always wondered if film critics could make better films since they seem to know what they were looking for and they always know what would make a better film or how to make a film they reviewed better. Most film reviewers (probably) studied film appreciation and (probably) film making. Otherwise, they wouldn't be effective if they will only comment on the flaws/merits of the story. Majority of the film reviews I have read also discuss phasing, dialogs, cinematography, editing, acting, sound, music, production design and most importantly, directing. If a film reviewer doesn't know how to direct a film, or at least studied film directing, what would be his other basis for saying the film has bad direction ? (I assume the first and foremost basis would be the reviewer didn't like the film.)

Just curious ..  no offense meant to all film critics.  ;)

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2001 at 02:06 AM »
Gil Portes invited me into the DGPI; I refused.  

My contention was though I thought I knew a thing or two about filmmaking, knowledge wasn't enough.  A filmmaker is a combination hustler, accountant, pimp, general, terrorist, con man, mesmerist and emperor.  I don't have the personality to make a great filmmaker, probably a mediocre one.  So I refuse to try.

I'm more of a writer.  The solitary lone wolf who likes to howl at bad movies  ;D

Also, Pauline Kael had a classic rejoinder to "if you know so much about movies why don't you make em?"  She said something like "You don't have to know how to cook to know if a fried egg tastes bad."

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2001 at 07:16 AM »

A filmmaker is a combination hustler, accountant, pimp, general, terrorist, con man, mesmerist and emperor.

Wow naman. Di naman siguro  halos negative lahat ang component ng filmmaker. In addition to that siguro naman he or she must also be an artist, a diplomat, an innovator and a rock for his crew to lean on. Diba or hindi ba?

:)
Gerry

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Movie Critique
« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2001 at 03:45 PM »
Also, Pauline Kael had a classic rejoinder to "if you know so much about movies why don't you make em?"  She said something like "You don't have to know how to cook to know if a fried egg tastes bad."

No offense to Pauline or to yourself, Noel, but this analogy really doesn't work. If an egg tastes bad, ten out of ten people will say it tastes bad. When it comes to the critique of movies, of paintings, of art in general, or just the simple appreciation of the beauty of women, it's not as cut and dried....

Since this off topic, the rest of my response is in this new thread.....

Film Criticism

Offline argent_tejsla

• Apprentice
  • ya mangy varmint!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 20, 2001 at 12:29 AM »
agh..

http://www.inq7.net/brk/2001/nov/19/brkpol_9-1.htm

p.s. i work in the darn building.
run along now and don't get yerself inta trouble.
http://one_argent.tripod.com

Offline ßartmaniac

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
Re: Nida Blanca's Killer Identified(?)
« Reply #24 on: Nov 20, 2001 at 12:53 AM »
Any of you guys tuned in the local news channel now?

I just got this from another message board I'm in.  Just wanted to verify it.

= = = = =

Uy, update lang.   We have a television in our reception area and the breaking news is...THE HIRED KILLER CONFESSED and WAS PRESENTED TO THE MEDIA...IT WAS ROD STRUNK WHO HIRED HIM TO KILL HIS WIFE...

I refuse to believe.

= = = = =

I tuned-in to ANC immediately and saw Jing Magsaysay reporting about the "Latest Developments" about the case but haven't heard the full report yet.  It panics me whenever I see Jing Magsaysay on TV since he normally covers "Breaking News" with raw and live footages.  Last time I saw him on cam is the Dec. 30 bombings.  I guess that's his forte.

Anybody there who could fill us in with further details?

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 20, 2001 at 12:58 AM »
Here are the latest details: :o

http://www.inq7.net/brk/2001/nov/19/brkpol_11-1.htm

Philip Medel turned in the four-inch kitchen knife he used to stab the actress and the blood-stained polo he wore during the incident. According to his affidavit, Strunk had Blanca tortured first so she could bring out documents regarding inheritance. When she failed to do so, they killed her. Medel said Strunk hired him but the 50 thousand pesos promised to him by Strunk was never given.

Offline dzone23

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 20, 2001 at 01:06 AM »
seems kinda hard to believe, especially when they said that the insurance is just a few hundred k, and they've been together for like 20+ years.

i guess i'll just have to wait and see all the facts.

i'm usually skeptical about our local law enforcers, they have a track record for producing evidence and torturing witnesses so that they can say the case is solved.

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Nov 20, 2001 at 01:11 AM »
If this was true, I'd be taken aback, but not totally surprised. One thing to think about is that in law enforcement, here, in the US or in any country, when someone is killed, the spouse is usually the first suspect. Yes, our police may be suspect, but we don't know Nida and her husband as well, and what kind of the relationship they may have in private.

Offline dzone23

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 20, 2001 at 01:15 AM »
having read the article, i find it weird that they would do such a thing when clearly all the money goes to the daughter anyway.

Offline Komikero

• Konsehal
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 20, 2001 at 01:36 AM »

having read the article, i find it weird that they would do such a thing when clearly all the money goes to the daughter anyway.

I'm not saying he did it, this is purely speculation on my part, but if he did indeed do it, this may well be the reason why he was pissed enough to have her killed. 20 years together and he gets nothing in the event of her death.