Author Topic: Konka 42PH712UD Smart 3D LED TV  (Read 11356 times)

Offline New_comer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Konka 42PH712UD Smart 3D LED TV
« on: Dec 31, 2013 at 01:15 AM »
Just bought a 42" 712 series Konka LED Smart 3D @  Anson's for 31K. Hope this doesn't dissappoint:

What really took my attention were the ff:

- the Syncview-One TV with Dual-screen where two can watch two different shows at the same time... full screen!

- The Smart Remote Control where I can control the Android apps using a remote touchpad. Really cool.

- MHL Interface where I can control and watch the program in my Android Smartphone.

On second thought, this TV may even be too smart for me. ^^

Happy new year to all!

http://www.konka.com.hk/html/2013/12/13/20131213030510848578246.html

Offline jayz28

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
Re: Konka 42PH712UD Smart 3D LED TV
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 09:27 AM »
ano panel sya sir? d Led?

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM »
Hope you can post your impressions soon.
Do ko makita sa site kung ilang hZ yung refresh rate nya and kung ilan yung hdmi inputs nya.
Anyway, congrats on your new purchase.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 10:57 AM »
Banggit nung sales guy IPS na daw, pero hard surface nga sya di tulad nung mga unang lcd. Parang flexi-glass nga ang panel nya

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 10:59 AM »
Hope you can post your impressions soon.
Do ko makita sa site kung ilang hZ yung refresh rate nya and kung ilan yung hdmi inputs nya.
Anyway, congrats on your new purchase.

Nasa kahon pa eh. pero naalala ko

1 - AV
1-VGA
3 HDMI
1-SD card
1-USB

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 11:25 AM »
It has a response time of 6.5ms, translating to about 150Hz. Is that correct?

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM »

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 05:49 PM »
Nasa kahon pa eh. pero naalala ko

1 - AV
1-VGA
3 HDMI
1-SD card
1-USB

Opened & setup the unit. There's 2 usb 2.0 ports and one usb 3.0.

There's also a video out rca plug, 1 component video & audio in for the vga.

Took sometime to activate my Digibox, but now it's working fine. Later, i'll play some mkv's to gauge pic quality.

Wifi internet is working just fine, driven by the built-in Jellybean 4.2 OS, though tracking using the remote is clumsy & slom. Where's that trackpad? ^^

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 06:49 PM »
Here are shots at the backside:

and the front:

Digibox output c/o Bio:

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 03:06 PM »
I am loving this Smart remote control. makes navigating & typing a lot more tolerable.   ;D

I was also able to play last night's Flipshare video clip 2 720p flawlessly via the USB 3.0 port. Original 720p size only occupies about middle 2/3 the sscreen, so this definitely is a 1080p fhd tv.  8)

Offline jayz28

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 07:57 PM »
Wow nice O0

Offline johndoe01032014

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2014 at 07:20 AM »
Hello New_comer,

I understand that your TV is an Android device, have you tried installing apps from Google play? How is the Android experience on this TV?

Also can you kindly try installing the experimental .apk for XBMC (http://xbmc.org/download/) and provide us your feedback? (that is, if you have the time  :)

Thank you in advance.

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2014 at 11:27 PM »
Hello New_comer,

I understand that your TV is an Android device, have you tried installing apps from Google play? How is the Android experience on this TV?

Also can you kindly try installing the experimental .apk for XBMC (http://xbmc.org/download/) and provide us your feedback? (that is, if you have the time  :)

Thank you in advance.

Yes, it has full 4.2 Jellybean OS installed, but I remember hearing the rep say it's got 1GB ROM & 4GB RAM, & with my experience with my smartphones, too small to have any app more complex than Facebook to play promptly. Tried Candy Crush Saga, it installed but doesn't seem to launch, probably due to the limited ROM.

Sorry but I won't even try meddling with the OS with that apk you pointed out, I might brick the TV. Have you done it with yours, and how was it?

Offline johndoe01032014

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2014 at 02:27 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I don't have this model, I first saw this in a Western Marketing Store but didn't get the chance to try it out (busy store nung December). I Googled for Konka and saw your post, hence my request.

Yesterday I returned to the Western shop and managed to convince the sales guy to install the XBMC apk. The app installed OK, this is significant, since other Android-capable TVs like TCL can only install apps from Google Play (not from USB or other file storage medium). I then tried playing video files (1080p) from an external hard drive using XBMC but observed stuttering and jerky playback. This seems like a hardware limitation. Tried playing the files using the built-in media player of the TV and it played OK (observed no sound output for DTS files though).

I'm presently looking for an Android TV with an adequate XBMC performance. Complicating the scenario is that XBMC development is still ongoing for the Android platform (which is why the apk can only be downloaded from their site at the moment, and not at Google Play). Maybe I'll just get one of those Android TV boxes (or USB dongles). Or I can just wait for a good TV to come along (with hardware capable of rendering a high-definition file using XBMC), or for XBMC to be finalized on the Android platform :-)

You might want to confirm the CPU, RAM etc specs of your TV by installing the CPU-Z app from Google Play. The sales guy I talked to told me the RAM is 400-something (sorry forgot the exact value). You can just uninstall the app afterwards once you have confirmed the specs. Just my two cents.

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2014 at 04:12 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I don't have this model, I first saw this in a Western Marketing Store but didn't get the chance to try it out (busy store nung December). I Googled for Konka and saw your post, hence my request.

Yesterday I returned to the Western shop and managed to convince the sales guy to install the XBMC apk. The app installed OK, this is significant, since other Android-capable TVs like TCL can only install apps from Google Play (not from USB or other file storage medium). I then tried playing video files (1080p) from an external hard drive using XBMC but observed stuttering and jerky playback. This seems like a hardware limitation. Tried playing the files using the built-in media player of the TV and it played OK (observed no sound output for DTS files though).

I'm presently looking for an Android TV with an adequate XBMC performance. Complicating the scenario is that XBMC development is still ongoing for the Android platform (which is why the apk can only be downloaded from their site at the moment, and not at Google Play). Maybe I'll just get one of those Android TV boxes (or USB dongles). Or I can just wait for a good TV to come along (with hardware capable of rendering a high-definition file using XBMC), or for XBMC to be finalized on the Android platform :-)

You might want to confirm the CPU, RAM etc specs of your TV by installing the CPU-Z app from Google Play. The sales guy I talked to told me the RAM is 400-something (sorry forgot the exact value). You can just uninstall the app afterwards once you have confirmed the specs. Just my two cents.

Upon confirming, you're correct. It's got only 407mb RAM left & 2.4Gb storage expandable up to 32gb using mSD. So that's why CCS won't play.

Offline rafrmt

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 02:43 PM »
Just bought a 42" 712 series Konka LED Smart 3D @  Anson's for 31K. Hope this doesn't dissappoint:

What really took my attention were the ff:

- the Syncview-One TV with Dual-screen where two can watch two different shows at the same time... full screen!

- The Smart Remote Control where I can control the Android apps using a remote touchpad. Really cool.

- MHL Interface where I can control and watch the program in my Android Smartphone.

On second thought, this TV may even be too smart for me. ^^

Happy new year to all!

http://www.konka.com.hk/html/2013/12/13/20131213030510848578246.html

mr. new comer, can you please give us an update about your new led tv?? i saw this brand a week ago in an appliance store and this has been on my radar since then... please share your insights about this product..i am pretty much interested in this tv because it is not that pricey as compared to those leading brands and i hope it has a good performance despite its low cost... i am looking forward to be hearing from you.. thanks

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2014 at 01:30 AM »
To sum it up in four words: So far, so good!  ;D

If i ever need another tv, i'll buy another one without hesitation!

Offline cnn

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2014 at 07:25 AM »
just to share... we spend a night at fontana leisure resorts and they had this brand in our room... After using the konka for about an hour or two... the audio became garbled and bad... must be a defect of the tv being used as a room tv for many hours...