Author Topic: ADD FOR TODAY - A Daily Devotional from Derek Prince  (Read 13175 times)

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: ADD FOR TODAY - A Daily Devotional from Derek Prince
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2014 at 05:25 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY
A Daily Devotional from Derek Prince

TODAY'S DECLARATION
Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous,  just-as-if-I’d never sinned

TODAY's VERSE
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:9

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Boldness by Righteousness
God makes unrighteous people righteous. Scripture says it, and I believe it. Let’s look at one simple verse that affirms this truth: “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

In this verse, I like to insert names in place of the pronouns: “For God made Jesus, who knew no sin, to be sin for you and me, that we might become the righteousness of God in Jesus.” There is a complete exchange: Jesus was made sin with our sinfulness so that we might be made righteous with His righteousness. This righteousness is available through faith in His blood.

Righteousness produces certain immediate and definite observable results. Let’s look at one of those results as stated in Scripture. Actually, our ways of living, our attitudes, our relationships, and the effectiveness of our Christian lives and acts of service will depend on how far we realize that we have been made righteous. We read in Proverbs 28:1, “The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.”

Many Christians today lack boldness. They are timid and apologetic; they tend to back down when confronted with evil or with the devil. The real root cause is their failure to appreciate the fact that they are righteous in God’s sight—as righteous as Jesus Christ Himself. When we appreciate that truth, it makes us bold.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I have been made righteous with His righteousness, and I step by faith into the boldness that this realization brings. Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, just-as-if-I’d never sinned. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Feb 04, 2014 at 05:52 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous,  just-as-if-I’d never sinned

TODAY's VERSE
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:9

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Peace and Assurance
In the book of Isaiah, we read about another result of righteousness in the Christian life: “The work of righteousness will be peace, and the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever” (Isaiah 32:17).

Three products of righteousness are given in that verse: peace, quietness, and assurance. They all come from the realization that we have been made righteous with the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Another result is described in Romans 14:17: “For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”

Yesterday’s reading showed us that righteousness brings boldness; today, we add to that peace, quietness, assurance, and joy. All these things are products of righteousness. If we do not receive Christ’s righteousness by faith, we will struggle and try to attain all these other characteristics without ever achieving them. It is pathetic to see Christians trying to be joyful or peaceful, or trying to be relaxed or assured. Someone has told them they ought to be. But it is my experience that when they really get the assurance of sin’s forgiveness and righteousness by faith, they will find it just happens. Joy flows naturally. Peace comes without effort. Assurance is present. Boldness expresses itself. The root problem is getting people to realize that they have been made righteous with the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I have been made righteous with His righteousness, and I step by faith into the peace, assurance, and joy that this realization brings. Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, just-as-if-I’d never sinned. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2014 at 03:05 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - A Good Confession
Religious people think they are pretty holy if they point out how sinful they are. The general attitude is that we would be conceited if we claimed to be righteous, that we would be religious if we kept speaking about our failures, our inconsistencies, and the wrongs we’ve committed.

Every Sunday morning in the church where I was brought up, we had to say, “Pardon us, miserable offenders.” I always felt that I didn’t want to be a miserable offender, but when I looked at the other offenders, I could surely agree that we were all miserable. Eventually, I said to myself, If all religion can do is make me miserable, I can be an offender without religion and not be half as miserable. And that is what I became until I met the Lord.

The language of religion continually states, “We are miserable offenders; we have erred and strayed from God’s ways like lost sheep; we have committed the things we ought not to have done and we have left undone the things we ought to have done.”

I could not say those words now; I would be a hypocrite. How could I pray for victory over sin on a Monday morning if I knew that the following Sunday I would be saying that I had erred and strayed, that I had done those things I should not have done and left undone those things I should have done? It would completely undermine the basis of my faith. Yet it sounds so good, so pious. Let’s make our confession in line with God’s Word and believe it: Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, “just-as-if-I’d” never sinned.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I bring my confession into line with God’s Word and proclaim: Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, just-as-if-I’d never sinned. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2014 at 04:14 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
Through the blood of Jesus, I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God.

TODAY's VERSE
Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. Hebrews 13:12

TODAY'S MESSAGE - What Sanctification Means
Sanctification is another one of these long, theological words. Let’s break it down. To sanctify is directly related in the original biblical languages to the word for “holy.” So, “to sanctify” means “to make holy.” The English word sanctify is related to the word saint. Sanctification is the process of making something saintly, or holy.

Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. (Hebrews 13:12)

Jesus went outside the city as a sin offering. (See, for example, John 19:16–20.) We learn from the Old Testament that sin offerings could not be offered within the compound of God’s people. (See, for example, Exodus 29:14.) Sanctification always includes separation.

To make ourselves holy, we must offer the right testimony: “Through the blood of Jesus, I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God, separated from all that is evil. Between all evil and me is the blood of Jesus.”

The one who is sanctified is in an area where God has access to him, but the devil does not. To be sanctified is to be removed from the area of Satan’s visitation and reach and to be placed in an area where we are available to God, but not at home when the devil calls. That is what it is to be sanctified, made holy, set apart to God.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that through the blood of Jesus, I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Feb 07, 2014 at 03:59 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE
Therefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered outside the gate. Hebrews 13:12

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Respect for the Blood
In looking at the sanctifying power of the blood of Jesus, we want to examine a passage from Hebrews that speaks about the apostate—the person who turns away from the Christian faith, having known it, into a deliberate denial and rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ. It speaks about all the sacred things that he renounces and, in a sense, defiles:

Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common [or unholy] thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?    (Hebrews 10:29)

It is plain to see from this verse that we are sanctified by the blood of the covenant. But here is a person who has been sanctified by the blood of the New Covenant and then turns back. Let’s look closely at the meaning of trampling underfoot the blood of Jesus. This reference is in relation to the Passover ceremony, where the blood was applied to the lintel and the doorposts, but never to the threshold. We are never to show disrespect for the blood of Jesus.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim my profound respect for the blood of the covenant, through which I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Feb 08, 2014 at 02:13 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - A Total Transfer
Just like righteousness, sanctification does not come by effort or by religion, but only by faith in the blood of Jesus. To be sanctified is to be set apart to God. We now belong to God; we are under God’s control and available to Him. Anything that is not of God has no right to approach us; it is kept away by the blood.

Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power [or authority] of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love.   (Colossians 1:12–13)

Through faith in the blood of Jesus, we have been removed from the area of Satan’s authority and conveyed into the kingdom of God. The word “conveyed [“translated” KJV]” means “carried over from one place to another.” In Scripture, the word is used for a total transfer. In the Old Testament, there were two men, Enoch and Elijah, who were translated from earth to heaven. And both of them went entirely. All that Elijah left behind was his mantle, but his body was gone.

As I understand Scripture, this is true for us, too. We have been totally translated. We aren’t going to be translated; rather, we have been—spirit, soul, and body. We are no longer in the devil’s territory, no longer under the devil’s laws. We are in the territory of the Son of God and under His laws.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I have been made holy by faith in the blood of Jesus, transferred totally from the devil’s territory into the territory of the Son of God. Through the blood of Jesus, I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2014 at 04:21 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Bought Back Totally
In Romans, we read about two kingdoms with their opposing laws of operation. The devil’s law is the law of sin and death; the law of God’s kingdom is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death” (Romans 8:2).

We are no longer in the devil’s territory, no longer under the devil’s law. His kingdom does not apply to us because we are in another kingdom. We have been translated, carried over—spirit, soul, and body. And this transaction occurs through the blood of Jesus—we are sanctified, set apart to God, by the blood of Jesus. Now, let’s consider the implications in relation to the body of the believer. I can say by experience that this is where it really begins to operate, when we bring it down to the realm of our physical bodies. Consider this: “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s” (1 Corinthians 6:19–20).

The words “bought at a price” take us back to the theme of redemption. We are bought back out of the hand of the devil with the blood of Jesus. How much of us was bought back? Just our spirits? No, both our spirits and our bodies belong to God because Jesus paid the total redemption price of His blood.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I have been bought back totally from the devil’s kingdom and brought into the kingdom of God. My spirit and body belong to God, because Jesus paid the total redemption price of His precious blood. Through the blood of Jesus, I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2014 at 03:15 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - His Plan to Make us Holy
We know that the word sanctify is related to the word saint, and is directly related in the original biblical languages to the word for “holy.” So, sanctification means being made holy. God has planned for us to be made holy.

Holiness is a unique attribute among the attributes of God. God has many wonderful attributes—love, power, wisdom, and so forth—but all those have a quality that we could say is remotely reflected in human beings. We have experienced love from human beings. We know of those who are powerful. We have met human beings who are wise. Of course, these qualities appear in humans to a degree immeasurably less than they do in God, but at least we have an idea of what these qualities are. But when we talk about holiness, there is nothing else to compare it to. God is uniquely holy.

Holiness is something that is not found outside of God. Really, in some ways you can measure how much you know God by how much you know holiness. I relate it this way: We thank God for His goodness, we praise God for His greatness, but we worship God for His holiness. Worship is the response to the holiness of God.

In the Old Testament, God said, “You shall be holy; for I am holy” (Leviticus 11:44), and, in the New Testament, Peter restated the Lord’s words, saying, “Be holy, for I am holy” (1 Peter 1:16). Yet two different ways of attaining holiness were being referred to. I will compare these two ways—one by the old covenant, and the other by the new covenant—over the next few days.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that God is holy, deserving of worship—and that through the blood of Jesus, I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 04:11 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Not a set of Rules
Let us look at the way holiness was to be attained under the old covenant. God said, “You shall be holy; for I am holy” (Leviticus 11:44). All of Leviticus 11 enumerates complicated regulations regarding what to eat, what to wear, and what makes one clean or unclean.

God’s requirement was to “consecrate yourselves” (Leviticus 11:44). But you find out from this chapter that maintaining holiness was very complicated. There was a series of the most involved regulations.

These also shall be unclean to you among the creeping things that creep on the earth: the mole, the mouse, and the large lizard…; the gecko, the monitor lizard, the sand rep-tile, the sand lizard, and the chameleon….Whoever touches them when they are dead shall be unclean until evening.   (Leviticus 11:29–31)

According to this regulation, for instance, if a mouse died and someone picked it up by the tail, he would be unclean until that evening. But Scripture goes on to give further regulations about the container the mouse might fall in and the article of clothing it might touch, then gives instructions on how to deal with the uncleanness. Observing all of these regulations would be a full-time job.

God said that if you succeeded in following these rules, you would be holy. But if you were going to attain holiness by keeping a set of rules, you would have to keep all the rules all the time. You could not omit one at any time. But thank God that He provided a better way—because keeping all these rules is impossible for sinful humans.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that God’s plan is to make me holy—not by observance of a set of rules, but through the blood of Jesus, by which I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Feb 12, 2014 at 04:34 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Holiness by Faith
We can tell that revival is here when God’s people are more interested in being holy than being healed. Our standard of priority is wrong. If I were to organize a healing meeting, people would come streaming in, but if I were to teach about holiness, the attendance would drop. In actual fact, holiness is much more important than healing. Healing is temporary and will help you to get through this life only. Thank God for it. But holiness is eternal; it will be with you forever in heaven. Something has to happen by the power of the Holy Spirit to change our sense of values.

So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.   (Acts 20:32)

The inheritance is for those who have been sanctified. This passage says the Word of God can bring you into that inheritance. Yet how is sanctification attained under God’s better way, the new covenant? Jesus commissioned Saul of Tarsus when He first revealed Himself to Saul (who later became Paul). He said,

I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.   (Acts 26:17–18)

We can be sanctified by keeping all the rules of the Old Testament—if we keep them all the time. Again, this is impossible for sinful humans. The other way is completely different—not by keeping a set of rules, but by faith in Jesus.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim my faith in Jesus Christ, affirming that through the blood of Jesus, I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Feb 13, 2014 at 04:44 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, by the blood of Jesus.

TODAY's VERSE
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 1 Corinthians 6:19

TODAY'S MESSAGE - The Indwelling Holy Spirit
A very distinctive mark of personality is the ability to speak. At Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit descended from heaven, He spoke in “other tongues” (Acts 2:4) through the disciples. By this He signified that He had come, as a Person, to take up His dwelling on earth. He is now the permanent, personal representative of the Godhead residing on earth.

From Pentecost on, each time the Holy Spirit comes to take up His residence as a Person in the body of a believer, it is appropriate that He should manifest His presence by speaking out of that believer in a new language that is supernaturally imparted. In effect, He is saying, “Now you know that I am here as a Person to indwell your body.”

For this reason, in 1 Corinthians 6:19, Paul said, “Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit?” He emphasized that speaking in tongues is not merely a brief, supernatural experience; beyond that, it is a divinely given sign that the Holy Spirit, as a Person, has taken up His dwelling in the believer’s body, thereby making it a sacred temple. This truth places a solemn obligation upon each believer to keep his body in a condition of holiness that is appropriate for God’s temple.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, by the blood of Jesus.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Feb 14, 2014 at 04:33 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, by the blood of Jesus.

TODAY's VERSE
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 1 Corinthians 6:19

TODAY'S MESSAGE - My Body: The Lord's Temple
However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says: “Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool. What house will you build for Me? says the LORD, or what is the place of My rest? Has My hand not made all these things?”   (Acts 7:48–50)

God dwells in a temple made not by hands but by divine workmanship, according to divine purpose. That temple is the body of the believer, redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. As Paul explained in 1 Corinthians 6:13, “Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.” This verse talks about food for the stomach and the stomach for food. In Proverbs, it says, “The righteous eats to the satisfying of his soul” (Proverbs 13:25). We who are righteous do not overeat. Why? Because our bodies are the Lord’s temple, and we are not to defile them by gluttony, drunkenness, immorality, or any other form of misuse. The body is for the Lord, and the Lord is for the body. When I present my body to the Lord, then I have the rights of the Lord for my body.

Let’s use this analogy: If I purchase a piece of property, I become responsible for its maintenance; but if I live in a rented property, the landlord is responsible. If we just let Jesus have a temporary right over our bodies, He does not accept responsibility for their maintenance. But if He owns them, He is responsible to maintain them. That is the relationship He desires.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and the Lord has all rights to my body. Thus, I will not defile it with gluttony, drunkenness, immorality, or any other misuse. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Feb 16, 2014 at 03:48 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Listening to God’s Voice
Our destinies, for good or ill, are settled by the voice we choose to heed. Listening to the voice of the Lord and obeying what He says will bring blessings. Ignoring the voice of the Lord will bring many curses. It is impossible to obey God without first hearing His voice, for His voice tells us what He requires.

Many professing Christians are insensitive to the voice of God. We may continue our religious activities and duties, but they are habitual and formal - just patterns we have cultivated that lack a constant awareness of God’s voice. Through all dispensations, God asks His people to listen to His voice.

In Jeremiah 7, God explained what He really required of Israel when He redeemed them from Egypt. The first thing He had in mind was not keeping the Law for the offering of sacrifices but listening to His voice. It was His voice that would lead them to keep the Law and offer the necessary sacrifices. Merely observing the externals of the Law was of no avail if they were not doing so as a result of hearing the voice of the Lord. The key requirement of God is that we listen to His voice.

For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. But this is what I commanded them, say-ing, “Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people.”   (Jeremiah 7:22–23)

The simple requirement is, “Obey My voice, and I will be your God.” That sums it up as simply as possible.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that I listen to the voice of the Lord and obey what He says. I proclaim His truth for me: “Obey My voice, and I will be your God.” My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 05:37 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - His Holy Spirit within Us
For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.    (Romans 8:13)

Paul said to “spiritual Christians” that if we live according to the flesh, we will die, for we are nurturing that which is corrupt. All you get is corruption when you live according to the flesh.

There is total opposition between the flesh and the Spirit; there is no reconciliation between them. God’s plan of redemption is to put to death the old, fleshly nature and bring into being a totally new nature by His Holy Spirit within us. Although God has made total provision for this transformation, we have to work it out in our lives. We have to put to death the deeds of the body. God does not do it for us; He has given us the legal right, authority, and power, but we must exercise them.

Scripture says, “But as many as received Him [Jesus], to them He [God] gave the right [authority] to become children of God” (John 1:12). We receive authority when we are born again. But authority is useless unless exercised. The new birth is just a potential - the opportunity to develop into something wonderful if we will exercise our authority. If we never take steps to exercise authority in a scriptural way over the problems and sins that confront and beset us, we will make no progress at all.

We must move out of one way of thinking - the area of the flesh - into a totally different one. We need the help of the Holy Spirit. “For as many as are [being] led by the Spirit of God, these [and these only] are sons of God” (Romans 8:14).

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that by faith, I am putting to death the deeds of the body and opening myself up to the totally new nature Your Holy Spirit creates within me. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Feb 18, 2014 at 03:31 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Washing and Regeneration
The process of salvation involves washing and regeneration. “He [God] saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5 NASB).

Let’s look at these concepts briefly, starting with washing, or cleansing. Sin defiles. We are inwardly dirty, and we need to be cleansed. Only the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ can cleanse the sinner from all sin. How can we receive that cleansing? “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9 NASB). God not only forgives the past, but He also cleanses us from all the defilement of sin. In the same chapter, John said that it’s the blood of Jesus, God’s Son, that cleanses us. (See verse 7.)

The second phase of this process is regeneration, or rebirth. Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3 NASB). This is a birth that comes from God’s realm above. A little further on, Jesus said, “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6 NASB).

When we were born of our mothers, it was a birth of our physical bodies and our fleshly nature. That is not the kind of birth that brings salvation. We have to receive a totally new life born into us by the Spirit of God from above. That is regeneration, or rebirth.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that the Lord Jesus Christ is cleansing me from all sin by His blood, and I receive regeneration and rebirth - a totally new life born into me by the Spirit of God. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Feb 19, 2014 at 02:28 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Renewal by the Spirit
The process of salvation includes renewing. In Titus 3:5, we read, “He [God] saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit” (NASB).

The last aspect that Paul mentioned in this verse is renewing. We must become new creations. Paul said, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Co-rinthians 5:17 NIV).

The word “creation” is important, as there is only one who creates - God. Man can manufacture, repair, or produce, but man cannot create. Our hearts and our whole inner beings have been so defiled and distorted by the effects of sin that repairing or patching up is no good. A new creation alone will be good.

In the Old Testament, after David had fallen into adultery, committed murder, and finally been confronted with the awful condition of his own heart, he cried out to God in agony, “Create in me a clean heart, O God” (Psalm 51:10). He knew that creation had to come from God; it could not come about by any human process.

In Titus 3:5, we have seen the three aspects of the process of being saved - a washing, or cleansing; a regeneration, or rebirth; and a renewing, or new creation. God does something that man absolutely cannot do. All of this is by God’s mercy, not His justice. It is not according to our deeds of righteousness - those won’t achieve anything. Salvation has to come from God’s sovereign mercy.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that I am being renewed by the Holy Spirit. I am a new creation, not by my own deeds of righteousness, but by God’s sovereign mercy to me. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Feb 20, 2014 at 03:59 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
Satan has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus!

TODAY's VERSE
Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Romans 8:33–34

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Forgiving Others
One common way in which believers give Satan a legal claim in their lives is failing to forgive others. Jesus taught us that we are forgiven by God in the same measure in which we forgive others. He said, “If you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses” (Matthew 6:14–15). We are not entitled to claim forgiveness from God in a measure greater than that with which we forgive others. If there is any person whom we do not forgive, in a corresponding measure, we are not forgiven by God. That means the area of unforgiveness in our own lives is an area over which Satan still has a legal claim. We cannot dislodge him until we have forgiven whomever it may be who needs to be forgiven.

Redemption is coextensive with the forgiveness of sins. If all our sins are forgiven, then we have the total rights of redemption. Satan has no legal claim outstanding against us. But if there is any area in our lives in which sin has not been totally dealt with, Satan still has a legal claim in that area. We can get all the preachers in America to preach and pray over us, but we will not dislodge the devil, because he knows he has a legal claim. We need to remember that the devil is a legal expert. He knows it, too. However, God’s Word offers us total forgiveness of sin. It is crucial that we hold on to the total forgiveness and leave no offense unforgiven.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I ask God to forgive every sin, and I forgive every person whom I need to forgive (give specific names). Having done that, I proclaim that Satan has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus! Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Feb 21, 2014 at 04:43 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
Satan has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus!

TODAY's VERSE
Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Romans 8:33–34

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Say It Again!
I can well remember when I first began to make this kind of testimony. I thought, I wonder where the devil will hit me next. I know of people who will not testify because they are afraid of what will happen when they do, but that is just playing the devil’s game. Remember, this is his way of keeping you from doing what will put you beyond his reach. It is only by the word of your testimony that you will get the benefits of the blood.

The first time you say it, all hell may break loose. Well, praise the Lord! Say it again. The Bible says, “Let us hold fast our confession” (Hebrews 4:14). And then, when everything really turns loose, Scripture says, “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering” (Hebrews 10:23). Keep on saying it. It does not depend on our feelings. It does not depend on our situations, symptoms, or circumstances. It is as eternally true as the Word of God.

Forever, God’s Word is settled in heaven. (See Psalm 119:89.) Satan has no place in us, no power over us, and no unsettled claims against us.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that Satan has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus! And I intend to declare this over and over again. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Feb 22, 2014 at 05:16 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Jesus the Deliverer
The same Christ who is the only Savior is also the only Deliverer. Only Jesus can break the power of demonic bondage in people’s lives and set them free. I want us to be introduced to the Deliverer in just the same way.
For those of us who desire deliverance, we need to make direct, personal contact with Christ. Here are four simple conditions we need to meet:
    Be sure we have repented. That is, know that we have turned away from every form of sin.
    Look only to Jesus, for He alone is the Deliverer.
    Base our appeals solely on what Jesus did for us through His death on the cross rather than on any
      “good works” of our own.
    Be sure that, by an act of our wills, we have forgiven every person who ever harmed or wronged us.

When Derek Prince personally received deliverance from the demon of depression, He received this promise: “Whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved” (Joel 2:32). Also remembered these words of Jesus: “In My name they [the disciples] will cast out demons” (Mark 16:17). In the name of Jesus, we, too, have the authority to expel demons.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that He alone is my Deliverer, and that “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Satan has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus! Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Feb 23, 2014 at 04:43 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Understanding the Battleground
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal [fleshly or physical] but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.   (2 Corinthians 10:3–5)

Our warfare against Satan is waged in the spiritual realm; therefore, the weapons are spiritual and appropriate to the realm of the warfare. It is tremendously important that we understand where the battle is taking place. Paul used various words in 2 Corinthians to speak of the battleground and our objectives. In different translations, we find the following words: “imaginations,” “reasonings,” “speculations,” “arguments,” “knowledge,” and “thought.” Notice that every one of those words refers to the realm of the mind. We absolutely must understand that the battleground is in our minds. Satan is waging an all-out war to captivate the minds of the human race. He is building strongholds and fortresses in our minds, and it is our responsibility, as God’s representatives, to use our spiritual weapons to break down these strongholds, to liberate the minds of men and women, and then to bring them into captivity to the obedience of Christ. What a staggering assignment that is!

Satan deliberately and systematically builds strongholds in people’s minds. These fortresses resist the truth of the gospel and the Word of God and prevent us from being able to receive the message of the gospel.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that by His blood, I am breaking down the strongholds Satan has built in my mind. I declare that Satan has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus! Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Feb 24, 2014 at 03:51 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - The Power of Fasting
In fact, in the day of your fast you find pleasure, and exploit all your laborers. Indeed, you fast for strife and debate, and to strike with the fist of wickedness…Is it a fast that I have chosen, a day for a man to afflict his soul? Is it to bow down his head like a bulrush?   (Isaiah 58:3–5)

For the people here described, fasting was merely an accepted part of religious ritual, the kind of fasting practiced by the Pharisees in Jesus’ day. Instead of real repentance or self-humbling, they continued with normal secular affairs and retained evil attitudes of greed, selfishness, pride, and oppression.

The kind of fast that is well pleasing to God, on the other hand, springs from totally different motives and attitudes: “To loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke” (verse 6). Scripture and experience alike confirm that there are many bonds that cannot be loosed, burdens that cannot be undone, yokes that cannot be broken, and many oppressed who will never go free until God’s people - and especially their leaders - obey God’s call to true fasting and prayer.

Isaiah continues to describe our proper attitudes toward the needy and oppressed: “To share your bread with the hungry, and that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; when you see the naked, that you cover him, and not hide yourself from your own flesh” (verse 7). Fasting must be united with sincere and practical charity in our dealings with those around us - particularly, those who need our help in material and financial matters.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I will obey God’s call to fasting and praying as God’s chosen way to loose bonds, undo burdens, free the oppressed, and break yokes. I proclaim that Satan has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus! Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 07:28 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - The Ruthless Cross
Some people struggle with fear, depression, loneliness, lust, or anger. A counselor can help us just so far; but in the last resort, the solution is in our hands: the cross. We must identify this nature in us when and where it rises up. In the ministry of deliverance, there are two demons that are the gatekeepers. They swing the door open for the next demon to come. These gatekeepers are self-pity and resentment.

Self-pity is a tremendously powerful tool of Satan, and nobody can afford to indulge resentment.

At some point, we must be ruthless. The cross is entirely ruthless - there is nothing comfortable, attractive, or sweet about it. But we thank God for it because it is the way out; it is God’s provision.

Most of us have a “besetting sin” - a sin we are so accustomed to that we think it is a part of ourselves. We find it hard to hate because it is almost like hating ourselves. Interestingly enough, my besetting sin was my father’s problem before me. Children inherit a lot from their parents, and certain patterns of behavior are set before us. I see behaviors in me that are direct reproductions of my father’s behavior.

We need to ask the Holy Spirit to identify the nature of our problems. Call them by their right names (they probably won’t be pretty) - maybe lust, lying, or pride. Then, we must say, “In Jesus, it has been crucified. I put it to the cross. I will not let it dominate me. I am free from it through the cross.”

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that in Jesus, the besetting sin in my life (name it here) has been crucified. I put it on the cross. I will not let it dominate me any longer. Satan has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus! Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 04:58 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Keep Saying It!
The first time we make this declaration, Satan will laugh at us. We need to keep saying it. Satan is the tempter, but he is very methodical and wastes no time. He will tempt you as long as he gets any response from you. When there is no more response, he won’t bother to tempt you.

So, we can be tempted in the area of, let’s say, resentment. We must keep saying, “It was crucified. It has no power in me. It has no place in me.” The devil says, “That isn’t really true. That’s just something Brother Prince said.” But we keep saying it. And after a while, it becomes so real that the devil doesn’t waste his time trying to tempt us any longer.

One of the things we have to do is build the walls of our character. The Bible says that the person who has no control over his own spirit is like a city that is broken-down and without walls. (See Proverbs 25:28.) In our culture today, many people are growing up like broken-down walls because of bad homes, drugs, or evil influences. Anybody who has been deep in drugs is definitely a city without protective walls. We build the walls by strengthening our wills and asserting our rights bought by the cross. We may think of this process as a terrible experience. But we don’t realize how much good it is doing us; at the end of it, we have built strong character. Gifts are temporary, for this life only; character is permanent - it goes into eternity with us. God is infinitely more interested in your character than in your gifts.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus. I proclaim that I intend to strengthen my will and assert my rights bought by the cross, declaring over and over again: Satan has no place in me, no power over me, no unsettled claims against me. All has been settled by the blood of Jesus! Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Feb 27, 2014 at 05:28 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
My body is a temple for the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, and sanctified by the blood of Jesus.

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Glorifying God in My Body
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.    (1 Corinthians 6:19–20)

There are many ways in which we use our bodies. One primary activity consists of nourishing ourselves - eating and drinking. Paul said that we need to do those activities in a way that glorifies God:

Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.   (1 Corinthians 10:31)

What does it mean to “eat…to the glory of God”? I leave it to you to answer this question. Some people cannot even imagine they can give God glory by the way they eat. But God has said He is a jealous God (see, for example, Exodus 34:14), and He wants to be glorified in every aspect of life - especially the simple, daily, down-to-earth activities.

But let me ask you one more question. Is it possible to overeat to the glory of God? I can’t see that it is possible, since overeating is a form of self-indulgence. Proverbs 13:25 says, “The righteous eats to the satisfying of his soul.” We are entitled to satisfaction, but if we go beyond that - beyond meeting our legitimate needs - then we are being self-indulgent.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that my body is a temple for the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, and sanctified by the blood of Jesus. My body belongs to God, and I intend to use it in a way that glorifies Him—including what I eat and drink. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 06:07 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
My body is a temple for the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, and sanctified by the blood of Jesus.

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - “Fearfully and Wonderfully Made”
In Psalm 139:13–14, David spoke to the Lord, saying,

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.

He was telling God, in other words, “You were there when I was still in my mother’s womb; You were fashioning me together.”

I wonder if we realize that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. When I think of what was involved in God creating my body and providing me with a body, I feel a sense of awe. I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and I have to give account to God for what I have done with the body He gave me.

We are so occupied with computers today - and they are really wonderful implements. But I want to point out that, by far, the most wonderful computers we will ever encounter are our own bodies. Many Christians give much more careful attention to their computers than they do their own bodies. After all, if a computer fails or crashes or becomes obsolete, with a little extra money, we can buy another. But when the human body fails, when that computer breaks down, that is the end. There is nothing more that can be done.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim with awe that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. My body is a temple for the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, and sanctified by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Mar 01, 2014 at 04:34 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - The Importance of Diet
Diet, or daily regimen, is a vital facet of life. Everybody follows a diet, whether he knows it or not. Various methods of dietary management are advocated, and among them is vegetarianism. I have met many people who are disposed to be vegetarians. I am not critical of them; I respect them. However, I think there are certain cautions they must keep in mind. Consider what Paul wrote:

Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.   (Romans 14:1–3)

Paul said that we should be careful about our attitudes toward other people. Regarding vegetarianism, he said of the one who eats only vegetables that his faith is weak, for he eschews meat as a means of trying to attain righteousness.

Then, there is another diet solution advocated and espoused by many people: abstaining completely from alcohol. But Scripture tells us that the Lord “causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and vegetation for the service of man, that he may bring forth food from the earth, and wine that makes glad the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread which strengthens man’s heart” (Psalm 104:14–15).

God brings forth from the earth various things for us to consume, including wine, which “makes glad the heart of man.” Obviously, God does not demand that we be teetotalers.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I will glorify God even in what I eat and how often I do so. My body is a temple for the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, and sanctified by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Mar 02, 2014 at 06:28 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Cooperating with the Spirit
Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God [every kind of food] is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.   (1 Timothy 4:1–5)

In this passage, Paul was saying, first of all, that abstaining from the marriage relationship (i.e., celibacy) is not an automatic condition of holiness; it does not necessarily lead to holiness. In fact, if we look at the history of the church, in cases where the clergy were required to be celibate, it is apparent that celibacy did not always produce holiness.

Regarding diets, what Paul was saying is, “Everything that God has created as food is good.” But we have to bear in mind that the good food that God created may be corrupted by what we mix with it or the way we prepare it. So, take the time and effort to distinguish between things that are helpful and things that are harmful. Cooperate with the Holy Spirit.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that I will cooperate with the Holy Spirit to distinguish what is helpful or harmful for my body, because it is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, and sanctified by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Mar 04, 2014 at 04:43 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Radical Obedience
In making this confession, we need to be radical. Christianity is a radical religion. The word radical means “dealing with the root.” When John the Baptist introduced the gospel and Jesus, he said, “And even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire” (Matthew 3:10). God is not going to lop off a few branches or even cut off the trunk. He is going to go straight to the root. He requires that a tree bring forth good fruit. If a tree does not bring forth good fruit, God says to chop it down.

Among the younger generation, there is a tendency to be pretty radical. I think this inclination needs to be encouraged - in the right direction. To be honest, we older generations have often compromised rather than be radical. We need to cooperate with the Holy Spirit, who often calls for apparently radical things.

But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.    (Romans 8:11)

Paul was making a remarkable statement here. He said that it was the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, who raised the dead body of Jesus from the tomb. And if you have that same Holy Spirit in your body, then He can do much that you need in your body through His power. What a radical truth!

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that I will pursue radical obedience in cooperating with the Holy Spirit, because my body is a temple for the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, and sanctified by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 06:07 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION

TODAY's VERSE

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Finishing His Work
Here are a few suggestions regarding how to treat your body as a temple for the Holy Spirit. First of all, treat your body with reverence because it is a temple of the Holy Spirit, whom we revere. Among contemporary Christians, I find there is very little reverence for the body.

Second, seek the help of the Holy Spirit in cultivating self-discipline.

Third, take the time and make the effort to distinguish between that which is helpful and that which is harmful.

Fourth, be willing to be radical because your life is at stake.

Fifth, seek to cooperate with the Holy Spirit.

There are many other steps I could add to this list, but these I have acquired through experience. I was challenged by the Lord to consider whether I was leading a life of self-indulgence. I was challenged by the Lord to consider these questions: Do I want to go on living? Do I want to finish my assigned task? Jesus said to His disci-ples, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work” (John 4:34).

That is the best diet: to do the will of Him who sent us - and to finish His work. Even after spending more than fifty years in the Lord’s service, I believed there were certain tasks assigned to me by God that I had not yet fulfilled. I never took it for granted that I would fulfill them. I always took care of my body, knowing the importance of keeping myself in good physical condition so my life would not be cut short before I had finished God’s work.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Lord, for the blood of Jesus and the work of Your Holy Spirit. I proclaim that I will cooperate with the Holy Spirit, keeping myself in good physical condition to finish His work. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed, and sanctified by the blood of Jesus. Amen.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Mar 06, 2014 at 05:51 AM »
ADD FOR TODAY

TODAY'S DECLARATION
My members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory.

TODAY's VERSE
Do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
Romans 6:13

TODAY'S MESSAGE - Presenting Ourselves to God
God’s solution for the old nature can be summed up in one word: execution. Execution is what took place on the cross, when Jesus died and our old man was crucified with Him. How do we apply God’s solution in our own lives?

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law, but under grace.   (Romans 6:12–14 NASB)

Paul’s instructions can be followed only by those who have put their faith in Jesus and accepted His substitutionary sacrifice on their behalf. Someone once said, “If you ever want to get to heaven, you’ve got to learn to say no.” That is certainly the truth. Paul said that we must make up our minds and take a firm stand against sin. Both sin and Satan can tell the difference between when we are just saying words and when we really mean them. We must proclaim these words with conviction. Then, through faith in Jesus, our wills are liberated from the dominion of sin. It then becomes our responsibility to exercise our wills aright. God is not going to do that for us. This is the point at which we have to recognize our responsibility to monitor our wills.

TODAY'S PRAYER
Thank You, Jesus, for Your victory on the cross. I take a stand now and proclaim that sin and Satan have no claim and no power over me. I proclaim that my members, the parts of my body, are instruments of righteousness, yielded to God for His service and for His glory. Amen.