Author Topic: Recommend a good 46" LED TV  (Read 2587 times)

Offline invulnerable

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Recommend a good 46" LED TV
« on: Feb 23, 2014 at 01:46 PM »
Hi everyone,

Im a real noob when it comes to choosing the right tv.

Can anyone help me on choosing the best 46 inch TV at the right price?

my budget is more or less 60k. and i'll use it mostly for hd movies and ps4.
My current tv is a 32" samsung lcd from way back i forgot when. and the a problem i have with it is that when the scene in a movie or a game is dark, it's really hard to see.

i hope you guys can help. Thank you.

Offline invulnerable

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Recommend a good 46" LED TV
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2014 at 11:10 PM »
anyone care to help? Im kinda leaning on Sony 46w804 right now because it's the best in input lag, which is good for videogames. But im not sure if it has great pq.

Offline Poloman888

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 08:38 PM »
I think you can't go wrong with a great Japanese brand like Sony. I was at SM Appliance tonight and really noticed the PQ difference with the Sonys on display. You might want to check out Anson's Makati. They give further discounts on the posted price.

My current displays are Panasonic and Toshiba (both LCD). I am in the market now for an LED, although my budget is lower than yours. Might try Korean.

good luck.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2606
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2014 at 08:50 PM »
with a 60k budget, why not get a 60" led tv full hd instead?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 01:14 AM »
Grabe ang hirap pala mamili ng LED compared to Plasma.   With Plasma, you either get a model that is too glary or has got an effective anti-glare filter (for a premium).  With these LEDs, you really have to play around with the settings a lot and find what your eyes like better.

Wala na kasing Panasonic Plasmas so I've been playing around with the VA panels of Samsung and Sony and comparing those with the IPS panels of LG and Panasonic.    Kitang-kitang ngang madilim ang kadiliman ng Samsung VA pero ang ganda naman ng color saturation ng LG and Panasonic IPS once tweaked.  No way to test dark room conditions inside BB but I could imagine na the LGs and Panasonic blacks may look "grayer" nga as the room gets darker. I don't know how much difference that would make in my TV viewing experience, but certainly under some lights, I personally think the LGs and Panasonics are better than Samsungs - mas malapit ang dating sa Plasma - nagkataon na a Samsung 4500 plasma was in between the Samsung 6030 and the LG5700 showing high-def broadcast at Sochi.  Tweaked both the LEDs based on cinema/movie mode and everyone around me who witnessed agreed that the LG5700 turned out closer to the image of the Plasma (minus the strong reflection).  And then I tried to play around with the setting of the IPS Panasonic ET60 and I even liked it better.  Kaso, kung dark room nga DAW, mas maganda DAW ang contrast ng Samsung/Sony VA panels because their black is blacker.  Now Im still confused.

Then direct lit vs edge-lit.  Oh well pareho lang meron weaknesses and I don't think there is any difference in picture quality judging from the direct-lit Samsung 6030 vs the edge-lit Samsung 6300/6400.  The only major difference is the cool factor of the super thin & slim bezel/structure of HDTVs using edge-lit.   And since edge-lit is more expensive due to its more complex mechanism of spreading the backlight, mas mahal nga yung models with edge-lit.   Personally if you don't mind the fatter direct-lit models (which are not exactly that fat anymore anyways), bang for the buck ang direct-lits like the Samsung 6030 and the LG5700. 

Smart or not Smart - never used the Smart features of my current Plasmas so I don't really care - kung meron ay meron, kung wala ay ok lang.

To 3D or not - well it's a good bonus feature.

Ang hirap pumili kaya all these models of Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic models are in my cart right now.  hehehe

Recommendations based on price performance:  Samsung6030, Samsung 6200/6300, LG5700, Panasonic ET60, SonyR550A and Vizio M series.  I don't know about game mode though because dyan naman papasok yung input lag and perhaps the relevance of having dual-core processor.

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2014 at 01:20 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2014 at 03:32 AM »
anyone care to help? Im kinda leaning on Sony 46w804 right now because it's the best in input lag, which is good for videogames. But im not sure if it has great pq.

I like this model too. Smart TV + 3D + low input lag + high refresh rate.
I would have bought this over my sammy 46F6400 last year if my budget permited.
PQ is definitely above average imho.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline invulnerable

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2014 at 10:32 PM »
thanks for the replies guys. I guess the sony would be my first choice already. anyone know where i can get this the cheapest? haha.

Offline xgh0st12x

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2014 at 01:09 AM »
First store you should check is sights and sounds, of course.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline Armz316

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2014 at 06:37 PM »

yup, do check Sights & sounds Sir. 2nd. try Abensons Avant or Werstern Marketing.

Offline invulnerable

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2014 at 06:34 PM »
thanks guys! have 2 more months to think about this, haha sana magmura pa!

how about the Samsung F7100, I like that as well. which is better between sony w804a and f7100 from samsung?

thanks!

Offline invulnerable

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2014 at 01:37 AM »
hi guys, just checked different appliance stores and did some research again. is there a lot of differences in w704 with w804 from sony besides w804 being 3d?

Offline xgh0st12x

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline invulnerable

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 07, 2014 at 09:54 PM »
that's great!

then besides 3d it looks like there's not much of a difference, and i heard that the input lag is almost the same.

i think im going for the w704 since it's cheaper.

Offline Poloman888

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM »
Hi. I recently bought the LG 42LN5710, full HD, IPS panel, slim bezel, Smart TV. The PQ is great. There is a 47 inch equivalent of this model. You should check that out.

Admittedly, the downside are the speakers. I have two other flat panels (Toshiba and Panasonic) and this LG has so-so SQ compared to the two. It has an optical out if you can't live with those built-in speakers which are down-firing compared to the front-firing Tosh and Panny.

http://www.lg.com/sg/tvs/lg-42LN5710

good luck.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2014 at 12:50 PM by Poloman888 »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2014 at 04:45 AM »
I was choosing between the 47LG5700 and the 46Samsung6030 for my bedroom TV - exactong exacto kasi ang price.  In the store, I actually preferred the color rendering of the 5700 and especially its clearly superior off-angle viewing, but, I was worried about the reviews describing the inferior black level of LG IPS vs Samsung PVA.  Well ayon sa dark room pictures posted in review sites, ay mukha ngang grayish yung LG comparatively pero mahirap ma-detect such black level difference in a store because I couldn't ask them to black-out the place.  So again, I was leaning on the 5700 kaso, inabot ako ng katakot takot na pag-iisip (at paghahanap ng Panasonic Plasma ST50/ST60) that the 5700 run of stock.  I gave up on a plasma and wala nang makitang 5700 at the previous price so I ended up buying the 6030.

It has been more that 6 years since my last LCD (it was a Sharp with awesome external front-firing speakers on the side with built in subwoofer - those were the days) and I have to say that image quality of LEDs has significantly improved.  I like the fact that I can manage to set the image settings to be as close as reasonably possible to that of a plasma.  Of course, hindi kayang abutin ng 6030 class ang level ng plasma (punta lang ako sa area ng Samsung 8500 - the standards are set way too high indeed) but the image I'm getting out of the 6030 is definitely very nice for the price! and I don't have to worry about reflections and daylight all-day - which is very convenient and important for me.

For high def broadcast, I still like the novelty of a strong soap opera effect - almost like being in the same room as the hot actresses, but for movie viewing, all video processings are disabled and I use Movie/Warm2 for base color and I tweak the other settings manually to achieve a saturation as earthly as I could.   Very nice indeed.  Yeah, off-center viewing really sucks but then normally,  I don't watch off-centered or outside the sweet angle anyway except while dressing up for work in the morning - I do off-centered viewing with my plasma though because my kitchen and dining are on the side of the TV room.

With regard to built-in speaker, since I'm on temporary basis in my current location, I just got a $200 Yamaha soundbar and connected via optical out - happy!

Hi. I recently bought the LG 42LN5710, full HD, IPS panel, slim bezel, Smart TV. The PQ is great. There is a 47 inch equivalent of this model. You should check that out.

Admittedly, the downside are the speakers. I have two other flat panels (Toshiba and Panasonic) and this LG has so-so SQ compared to the two. It has an optical out if you can't live with those built-in speakers which are down-firing compared to the front-firing Tosh and Panny.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2014 at 04:47 AM by Clondalkin »