Author Topic: Devant 4K TVs  (Read 11665 times)

Offline tetablanco

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Devant 4K TVs
« on: Mar 16, 2014 at 11:13 PM »
Saw an ad featuring a Devant 4K TV posted at the SM MOA elevator doors. Does anyone know anything about this unit?

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2014 at 11:29 PM by xgh0st12x »
Formerly SonOfKratos

Online jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Devant 4K TVs
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 02:28 PM »
wow... look forward to reviews on their 4K display sets... at the rate these prices are going, we should be seeing them as commodities in the next 18-24 months...

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 07:04 PM »
for an UHD TV, it's cheap. but 160k is still very expensive.  :o
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline alas6

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 07:18 PM »
fyi i saw 65" and 55" 55" and 50" tcl 4k hdtvs in glorietta a couple of weeks ago at 90k and 69k, respectively.  quality wise, dunno which is a better buy between tcl and devant
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014 at 08:53 PM by alas6 »

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 07:21 PM »
fyi i saw 65" and 55" tcl 4k hdtvs in glorietta a couple of weeks ago at 90k and 69k, respectively.  quality wise, dunno which is a better buy between tcl and devant

where in Glorietta did you see those 4k TCL's? I think the 69k is a reasonable price for a 4K tv already.

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 08:30 PM »
The display may be "cheap", but the available 4K player is not. Still, the best way to enjoy and realize the full potential of this TV is to watch 4K movies.
Sony's $700 FMP-X1 media player (it comes preloaded with 10 Sony-produced movies in 4K) is compatible with Sony TVs only and one has to download 4K movies from the company's own source, Sony's Video Unlimited online service ($30 to own/$8 to rent). Alternative sources are YouTube and Vimeo, but the UHD film materials are limited to nature and documentary variety; there's the upcoming NanoFlix UHD channel, but there's still no definite word from its mother company, NanoTech regarding its launch date. Besides, with the limited bandwidth the local Telcom companies offer, I seriously doubt if there's a practical way to download the contents from these sources. Baka mas mapagastos pa, bibili pa ng 4K camcorder or camera to make your own home movies or take UHD pictures ;D ;D ;D

No 4K TVs for me yet, not until there's a steady stream of available 4K movies and better bandwidths capable of streaming the same.
Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.

Offline alas6

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 08:52 PM »
my mistake...it's 55" and 50" pala for 90k and 69k, respectively.  i happened to pass by the middle of the glorietta appliance fair and approached the tcl booth.  here's more info on the 50": http://www.yugatech.com/tv/tcl-50e5690-50-inch-4k-uhd-tv/

the 55" tv had a posted srp of 111k but the salesguy offered it at 90k

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 09:43 PM »
my mistake...it's 55" and 50" pala for 90k and 69k, respectively.  i happened to pass by the middle of the glorietta appliance fair and approached the tcl booth.  here's more info on the 50": http://www.yugatech.com/tv/tcl-50e5690-50-inch-4k-uhd-tv/

the 55" tv had a posted srp of 111k but the salesguy offered it at 90k

that's the 4K tv I've been waiting for! :D

Offline fireproofjat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Thy Will Be Done.
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 12:46 PM »
According to yugatech, it has passive 3d. When I asked the salesman from Trinoma, it says active (although they didnt show me the glasses)..which is which? If its passive, Im hooked! :)
Onkyo 444 | SVS STS & SCS 02 | SB-1000

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 01:27 PM »
Are you ready to sit 3.3 to 6.6 ft. in front of a 50 inch 4k TV?

http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline alas6

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 06:47 PM »
According to yugatech, it has passive 3d. When I asked the salesman from Trinoma, it says active (although they didnt show me the glasses)..which is which? If its passive, Im hooked! :)

i'm not familiar with 3d tvs but i saw the glasses and was told they needed batteries.

Offline fireproofjat

• Apprentice
  • Thy Will Be Done.
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 11:23 PM »
i'm not familiar with 3d tvs but i saw the glasses and was told they needed batteries.

that's active. i was misled by yugatech's article..hehe :)
Onkyo 444 | SVS STS & SCS 02 | SB-1000

Offline geraldishikawa

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Apr 01, 2014 at 10:07 PM »
The display may be "cheap", but the available 4K player is not. Still, the best way to enjoy and realize the full potential of this TV is to watch 4K movies.
Sony's $700 FMP-X1 media player (it comes preloaded with 10 Sony-produced movies in 4K) is compatible with Sony TVs only and one has to download 4K movies from the company's own source, Sony's Video Unlimited online service ($30 to own/$8 to rent). Alternative sources are YouTube and Vimeo, but the UHD film materials are limited to nature and documentary variety; there's the upcoming NanoFlix UHD channel, but there's still no definite word from its mother company, NanoTech regarding its launch date. Besides, with the limited bandwidth the local Telcom companies offer, I seriously doubt if there's a practical way to download the contents from these sources. Baka mas mapagastos pa, bibili pa ng 4K camcorder or camera to make your own home movies or take UHD pictures ;D ;D ;D

No 4K TVs for me yet, not until there's a steady stream of available 4K movies and better bandwidths capable of streaming the same.

Dapat sabay lang sa nagbabagong technology para di naman mahuli hehehe kung afford naman why not and soon maglalabasan nadin mga 4k movies or other sources

Offline archaznable

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 22, 2014 at 03:05 PM »
I think the only thing that would benefit for this is PC gaming on a higher resolution imagine hooking up your uber gaming rig to 65 to 55 inchers with a 4K resolution would be a beast :D Wait for it for a year for the price to go down. I already have a 1440p monitor what more if it is in 4K

Offline noah727

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM »
Anyone who already bought the Devant 4K TV can share their experiene? I auditioned one recently (65UHV130 if I remember correctly) and both video and audio are excellent. Video and motion is great, and the audio for this TV beats other 4K TVs demo'ed by the sales people (LG. TCL, Skyworth). Didn't try Sony and Samsung as I don't think their current price is good value for 4K TV.

The Devant was offered at P90k by the way.

Offline ConnyX

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2017 at 10:38 PM »
if you are not sure in rules that you follow while article using, http://royalediting.com/the-usage-of-the-definite-article-rules-and-exceptions has information about all the rules and exceptions!

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2017 at 10:44 PM »
if you are not sure in rules that you follow while article using, http://royalediting.com/the-usage-of-the-definite-article-rules-and-exceptions has information about all the rules and exceptions!

what's this? ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2017 at 10:57 PM »
what's this? ;D
Spambotero?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk