Author Topic: Shopping + Shipping w/ My Shopping Box & GCASH AMEX  (Read 13417 times)

Offline SquallLionhart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • SeeD Mercenary
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shopping + Shipping w/ My Shopping Box & GCASH AMEX
« on: Apr 01, 2014 at 03:29 PM »
Sharing my method of buying stuff from Amazon.com and shipping it here in the Philippines. I'm using the offering of Globe which is GCASH AMEX, plus its partner shipping service my-shoppingbox.com. I'll write a guide here for the benefit of PDVD.

GCASH AMEX is a virtual card offering by Globe, backed by American Express. It's similar to a reloadable debit card. 7-day free trial. Annual subscription fee  is P250. You can use this anywhere provided 1) the merchant accepts American Express; 2) You have balance in your account. GCASH AMEX is different from GCASH, but they share the same balance.

My Shopping Box (MSB) is GCASH AMEX's shipping partner. It's like JAC, but cheaper. They offer a 3% discount to Globe GCASH AMEX susbcribers. They would also be the ones to give you your US address and US telephone number to be used in combo with your GCASH AMEX account.

1. Dial *143# on your Globe postpaid/prepaid phone. Look for GCASH, then register. You now have a GCASH account. At this point you can only send money, but you can't receive.

2. Go to the Globe Store nearest you and ask to be KYC'ed (Know Your Customer). This is FREE. But you have to have at least P50 (suggested: P200) in your GCASH account because it will be verified. Also have a valid ID with you. You can finish this process quickly.

3. After getting KYC'ed, you can now register for GCASH AMEX. Dial *143# again, and look for GCASH American Express Virtual Pay, then sign up.

4. After a successful signup, you will be emailed your GCASH AMEX & MSB credentials. Grab your AMEX details, log-in your My Shopping Box account*, and complete the required fields.

*You need not create a My Shopping Box account, because you'll be automatically enrolled to the service once you subscribe to Globe GCASH AMEX.

5. Go to Amazon.com and create an account, then add your GCASH AMEX & MSB US address details (both shipping and biling address). If you already have an existing account,  just add your card and your address details. You can set it as your primary account if you want to.

6. Order stuff and check out. Make sure that your GCASH AMEX account will be the one used and charged. Amazon will ship your orders to your US address via the MSB service.

7. MSB will collect your items (they can consolidate, but you have to ask, and they charge per receipt of item). They charge $8.50/lb for electronic items, $5.99/lb on non-electronic items. They also charge using volumetric weight, so be wary of overly huge packaging. You'll receive an email alert about your items arrival in MSB's US warehouse. You need to authorize your shipment. A 3% discount would be applied.

8. Unlike other services where you go to their branch to pick up your package, MSB will deliver your orders straight to your residence, wherever you are in the Philippines, free of charge, in 10-12 days after shipment authorization.

Here's my Sandisk microSD card and Google Chromecast from last year's Black Friday.

This service is also compatible with a lot of major US websites like ebay, Sephora, MAC Cosmetics, GAP, Aeropostale, Google Play, iTunes, and even PSN.

That's basically the process. It's quick, really. If you guys have any questions, I'll answer it the best I can. Hopefully you'll find this helpful. :)
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2014 at 04:16 PM by SquallLionhart »

Offline Crayons

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
Re: Shopping + Shipping at Amazon w/ Globe GCASH AMEX & MSB
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 01:41 PM »
Hey thanks for this! I think eto yung ginagamit ng friends ko to buy stuff from the US and ship it here to the Philippines! ;)

Offline SquallLionhart

• Apprentice
  • SeeD Mercenary
  • Liked:
Re: Shopping + Shipping at Amazon w/ Globe GCASH AMEX & MSB
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014 at 03:48 PM »
Hey thanks for this! I think eto yung ginagamit ng friends ko to buy stuff from the US and ship it here to the Philippines! ;)

You're welcome. :)

Offline nogo

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Shopping + Shipping w/ My Shopping Box & GCASH AMEX
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014 at 05:33 PM »
Thanks. I may try this using my amex.
Just a query,  do you have to pay for tax and duties in the Philippines?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014 at 05:36 PM by nogo »
LG42LA6200
Marantz SR5008/NR1604(O)
BW685S2/Q3020 (O)
SVS PB1000/SB12NSD (O)
PCHA410
BD-F5500K

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014 at 05:37 PM »
did msb consolidate your package?

Offline NongP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Patience is a Virtue
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014 at 05:39 PM »
^ hindi yata nagkoconsolidate ng package si MSB.

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014 at 05:41 PM »
Actually, they do. You can request. I did it before for a few items I purchased from different vendors.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014 at 08:14 PM »

Actually, they do. You can request. I did it before for a few items I purchased from different vendors.

nbc

when they consolidate.. do they recompute boxes?

Offline nogo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014 at 10:45 PM »
Meron $25 subscription fee.
LG42LA6200
Marantz SR5008/NR1604(O)
BW685S2/Q3020 (O)
SVS PB1000/SB12NSD (O)
PCHA410
BD-F5500K

Offline SquallLionhart

• Apprentice
  • SeeD Mercenary
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014 at 05:43 PM »
Meron $25 subscription fee.

As to your first question, the taxes and duties will be covered by the shipping fee you're going to pay them, i.e. kasama na dun sa $5.99/lb Class 1 or $8.50/lb Class 2 shipping fee.

About dun naman sa $25, that's if you're going to sign up solo. That's why I signed up using GCASH AMEX, waived na yung $25 annual subscription fee from MSB. Instead, you'll pay a P250/year subscription fee for GCASH AMEX. Based on today's current forex, that's P875 in savings. ($25 x 45 - P250). I think signing up with BDO also waives the $25 fee.

@Waxx

They do consolidate in some occassions (not always). You just must insist. Happened to me once. Kept emailing until pumayag sila.

Offline nogo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014 at 09:37 PM »
I had been subscribed to gcash amex since October 2013 but I don't  remember they had given me my msb credentials. I requested for my digital handbook but my msb credentials have no entries, blank lang po.

My question, sabay ba pinadala yung msb credentials and digital handbook sa isang email? Baka nakalimutan ko lang kasi when i enrolled amex dahil digital content lang yung purchased ko.
TIA
LG42LA6200
Marantz SR5008/NR1604(O)
BW685S2/Q3020 (O)
SVS PB1000/SB12NSD (O)
PCHA410
BD-F5500K

Offline NongP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Patience is a Virtue
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014 at 07:40 AM »

nbc

Paano sir ang costing pag nagconsolidate si MSB ng package mas nakamura ka ba?

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014 at 08:07 AM »
Sorry, late reply. Wasn't following the thread.

Actually, the items I got were small... And it was really just easier for everyone to consolidate.

I remember emailing them, explaining the nature of the items... And asking that they consolidate once the 3 items came in.

I guess I saved a little. Will try to look for my receipt later.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline SquallLionhart

• Apprentice
  • SeeD Mercenary
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 05, 2014 at 02:51 PM »
I had been subscribed to gcash amex since October 2013 but I don't  remember they had given me my msb credentials. I requested for my digital handbook but my msb credentials have no entries, blank lang po.

My question, sabay ba pinadala yung msb credentials and digital handbook sa isang email? Baka nakalimutan ko lang kasi when i enrolled amex dahil digital content lang yung purchased ko.
TIA

Actually IIRC 2 email ang darating, one from GCASH AMEX containing your digital handbook, then one from MSB containing your username and your password. Yung username mo dun sa MSB is yung mobile number mo less yung unang 0 (ex. 9051234567). Kung walang dumating na MSB email sa inyo, you should try and contact GCASH AMEX para mabigyan kayo, kasi once na may GCASH AMEX kayo automatic waived na yung $25 annual subscription fee sa MSB.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2014 at 03:39 PM »
Tried this last night.  Will see how it goes. Na curious lang and tried ordering 2 items from amazon.

Read sa fb page nila that packages seemed to be delayed dahil sa season which is understandable.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2014 at 07:22 PM »
Ok. Items delivered to them na. Weight was rounded off to 3 pounds costing almost $20 via air. Mahal din pala. Opted for sea freight na lang at almost $9 lang. Di naman importante yung items.

Offline Frankthetank

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • Just started my HT journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2015 at 09:21 AM »
Do you get any email confirmation that you've successfully authorized the shipping?

I've already authorized to ship my items and paid for shipping fees.

I've checked my bank and the shipping fee was deducted already.

However I don't receive any confirmation from them about the authorization.

When I go to my MSB account it still prompts me to choose sea or air and proceed to payment.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Apr 09, 2015 at 09:40 PM »
i did, i think  ::)

Dear ***********

Your Shipment Reference Number : ************

Thank you for your order. We shall pack and ship your merchandise and send
you a confirmation by email.

The Shipment Reference is also your consignment note number which you can use
to track the status and delivery of your shipment. All you need to do is enter
the number in our AWB track and trace facility.

Should you need any assistance or have any concerns, please contact
us through any of the following:
by email [email protected]

Thank you and continue enjoying the my-shoppingbox experience.

Sincerely,
My-ShoppingBox Corp.

better email them. mabilis naman sila mag reply.

BTW, satisfied naman ako sa service. ayoko lang yung di sila pwede mag consolidate at hindi pwede peso payment sa shipping fee.

Offline Frankthetank

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • Just started my HT journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #18 on: Apr 10, 2015 at 10:11 AM »
Thanks for your reply sir, appreciate it.

In my case, they are slow in replying to emails, but I did call their number and the lady helped me resolve the issue.

Offline Lanvin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Emotion over neutral
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Apr 17, 2015 at 06:21 PM »
I use the gcash amex for playstation cards.

When I registered for the amex, they also sent me my account's myshoppingbox details.

Has anyone tried sending in an amp here? Weight would be around 6~8lbs. worried about the tax/shipping fee though!

Edit: Sent an email to them, they replied but it was just a notification that they received the product's details and will send me a rough estimate of the shipping and tax cost.
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2015 at 07:50 PM by Lanvin »
Dynaudio | Roksan