Author Topic: HISENSE tv caught my attention on many appliance store..  (Read 123466 times)

Offline MovieJunkie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: HISENSE tv caught my attention on many appliance store..
« Reply #120 on: Jul 12, 2016 at 02:43 PM »
Admittedly, haven't tried playing movies thru my HDD yet. I've a disc collection (both hd & bluray titles) and I almost always gravitate towards those. Will try this weekend to watch movies using my Western Digital HDD and check whether the issue you experienced is also going to happen with my unit.Hopefully not (fingers crossed)....

As far as sound quality is concerned, I always use my HT system (Onkyo paired with Wharfedale Diamond 5.1 speakers) whenever I watch movies; even with the HD channels so I barely notice the sound quality although with regular channels, I use the pass-through feature and the sound is adequate for news broadcasts and other regular shows.

Offline AC

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
« Reply #121 on: Jul 12, 2016 at 03:11 PM »
my friend who just got a devant discovered.. his unit is actually a 50" hisense..
he likes the sound quality compared to his old 50" prestiz.

Offline Sabonis

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Jul 12, 2016 at 03:44 PM »
How much did he get it for?

Offline AC

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Jul 12, 2016 at 05:22 PM »
mahal kuha ng kaibigan ko 27200 yata.. tapos next day nakita ko may nagpost na for same price makakakuha na ng 55" na hisense or higher.. sayang din 5 extra inches

Online Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #124 on: Jul 12, 2016 at 06:19 PM »
bro,
I have a hisense 24", no problem with playing movies via usb port (tested at 500gig only).
Truly a letdown in the sound quality and subtitle's 'very little fonts'  :(

How much is the 24inch model?
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline miccollo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #125 on: Jul 13, 2016 at 07:43 AM »
After reading through this thread and some online research, I finally pulled the trigger to but their new model 55K322, a 4K LED TV. Got it for 29,600 at Western Appliances in trinoma last Friday.

Had a lot of fun watching over the weekend. My wife and kids are very happy with the TV and picture quality.

Other options I considered were an LG 55UH600, a samsung J6200 and a sharp TV. But the hisense came out 12K cheaper than any other 4K branded TV. The TCL 4K is about 7-8K higher also at discounted rates. I really wanted to buy an OLED TV but decided to put it off until the prices come down a little more in a couple of years. So I thought of just buying a TV that would not be too expensive as I plan to upgrade in a couple of years anyway.

The movie codec of the USB ports is pretty much updated and is able to play HEVC files in addition to the usual MKV files. I also think the TV does a good job in up-scaling videos. Even my 720p files look great with the TV. What I noticed though is whenever you play a movie, it defaults to open the file to fill up the whole screen which sometimes stretches the picture. Ofcourse it can easily be adjusted through the picture menu.

Playing hevc UHD files through the USB was easy. The picture was great. I am coming from a 42 inch Panasonic plasma TV X20, and I have to say, I am highly satisfied with the colors of this Hisense TV even at default settings. Black is deep and I did not notice any back light bleeding while watching.

My only challenge with the TV is after connecting it to my receiver and activating the CEC option, I noticed that the TV would sometimes fail to launch its menu of options like the home button or the quick application launch buttons (i.e. netflix or youtube). Picture doesn't freeze or anything. It just doesn't display the menu options. Only solution I found so far is to turn the TV off and on using the remote. I hope it can be addressed by a software update to make this more stable and its not hardware related (small memory or ram).

Hope this helps others who are looking for a cost efficient 4K TV. ;D
TCL 75p8m
Onkyo Tx NR646
Jamo 416
AE Neo Ctr
Klipsch Sub10
Nvidia Shield TV
PS5

Offline Ozzy

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #126 on: Jul 13, 2016 at 08:24 AM »
How much is the 24inch model?

Got the 24WIS model at 7,200 last May 2015.
More than a year na pala.
From Anson's Makati, btw.

Offline mojako

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jul 13, 2016 at 11:26 PM »
How are you finding the colors?  Not over saturated?

After reading through this thread and some online research, I finally pulled the trigger to but their new model 55K322, a 4K LED TV. Got it for 29,600 at Western Appliances in trinoma last Friday.

Had a lot of fun watching over the weekend. My wife and kids are very happy with the TV and picture quality.

Other options I considered were an LG 55UH600, a samsung J6200 and a sharp TV. But the hisense came out 12K cheaper than any other 4K branded TV. The TCL 4K is about 7-8K higher also at discounted rates. I really wanted to buy an OLED TV but decided to put it off until the prices come down a little more in a couple of years. So I thought of just buying a TV that would not be too expensive as I plan to upgrade in a couple of years anyway.

The movie codec of the USB ports is pretty much updated and is able to play HEVC files in addition to the usual MKV files. I also think the TV does a good job in up-scaling videos. Even my 720p files look great with the TV. What I noticed though is whenever you play a movie, it defaults to open the file to fill up the whole screen which sometimes stretches the picture. Ofcourse it can easily be adjusted through the picture menu.

Playing hevc UHD files through the USB was easy. The picture was great. I am coming from a 42 inch Panasonic plasma TV X20, and I have to say, I am highly satisfied with the colors of this Hisense TV even at default settings. Black is deep and I did not notice any back light bleeding while watching.

My only challenge with the TV is after connecting it to my receiver and activating the CEC option, I noticed that the TV would sometimes fail to launch its menu of options like the home button or the quick application launch buttons (i.e. netflix or youtube). Picture doesn't freeze or anything. It just doesn't display the menu options. Only solution I found so far is to turn the TV off and on using the remote. I hope it can be addressed by a software update to make this more stable and its not hardware related (small memory or ram).

Offline curvis

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #128 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 12:04 AM »
ito ba 'yung brand na naka display sa SM cinemas? I think PQ looks good.

Offline miccollo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 08:20 AM »
How are you finding the colors?  Not over saturated?

As long as you dont use dynamic setting. There is a theater mode setting also which is closer to the normal tone. I usually use normal setting lang when lights are on or during the day.

Over saturated? I think will depend on the viewer. I am a samsung cellphone user, one of the reasons I like Samsung is its AMOLED screen. So that might be an indicator of why I am okay with this TVs PQ at its normal setting.

I found some suggested settings in some review site. I will try the settings this weekend. Will post pre and post results when I figure out how to post pictures. hehe.

TCL 75p8m
Onkyo Tx NR646
Jamo 416
AE Neo Ctr
Klipsch Sub10
Nvidia Shield TV
PS5

Offline mojako

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 10:32 AM »
Actually, I bought one too.  I bought it before the "promo" ended.  Got it for 27200.  I'm using it as a 2nd monitor for my HTPC setup in my room.  Prior to this, i was using a Sony 40" 3D TV.  Viewing angles of the Hisense unfortunately, are inferior to the Sony. 

Color for me, out of the box are over saturated.  The Sony was more natural for me vs. this hisense.  I had a very hard time calibrating the colors out of the box.  I researched quite a bit, before buying this.  Hisense customer support told me that this TV supported 2160p @ 60hz @ 4:4:4 Full RGB.  Pero it doesn't.  Maybe it's my HDMI cable (but i just replaced it with a 4k @ 60hz HDMI cable from SG).  It's only giving my 4:2:0 @ 60hz. 

Anyway, I also saw those calibration settings on the internet.  Doesn't work for me.  I use "Game" mode which automatically turns off ultra smooth motion, noise reduction and adaptive contrast.  For me, Game mode + warm + a little color adjustments give me the best color.  I tried Theater + warm mode for a week, pero game + warm _ for my eyes at least, gave the best colors.

And 1 more thing.. my nvidia GTX 950 sees the tv as a 1080p native monitor.  Not a 4k native monitor. 

As long as you dont use dynamic setting. There is a theater mode setting also which is closer to the normal tone. I usually use normal setting lang when lights are on or during the day.

Over saturated? I think will depend on the viewer. I am a samsung cellphone user, one of the reasons I like Samsung is its AMOLED screen. So that might be an indicator of why I am okay with this TVs PQ at its normal setting.

I found some suggested settings in some review site. I will try the settings this weekend. Will post pre and post results when I figure out how to post pictures. hehe.

Offline noah727

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 02:17 PM »

Congrats bro!

Did you try playing movies with SRT subtitle from HDD? How's the subtitle font size?

Thanks.

Offline AC

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 03:39 PM »
what is 4:4:4? 4:2:0? hehe sorry di pa kasi kami nagkaka 4k tv.. kaya di ko maintindihan..

Offline mojako

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 04:01 PM »
what is 4:4:4? 4:2:0? hehe sorry di pa kasi kami nagkaka 4k tv.. kaya di ko maintindihan..

Here you go bro...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling

Offline AC

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 04:42 PM »
thank you sir :D

Offline mojako

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 10:46 PM »
Heres a few pics...

2160p source.  Star Trek Trailer.  Played thru POT player.

1080p source in Kodi.  Banshee.

My Settings

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2016 at 10:47 PM by mojako »

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #136 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 11:29 PM »
Ok sayo yung "Game" na picture setting sir?

Doesn't it usually slightly degrade video quality since the purpose of "Game" picture modes is to lessen, if not completely take away all additional aesthetic video processing to minimize video output lag?
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline mojako

• Collector
  • Liked:
HISENSE tv caught my attention on many appliance store..
« Reply #137 on: Jul 14, 2016 at 11:47 PM »
No degradation in quality bro.  Mas maganda pa nga yung colors eh, minimal lang yung adjustment ko vs. nung naka theater mode ako.

Video processing that is turned off is ultra smooth motion (120hz motion interpolation), noise reduction and adaptive contrast.  All of which I just turn off in any mode i am in. Yan rin recommended settings ng users sa net.

Ok sayo yung "Game" na picture setting sir?

Doesn't it usually slightly degrade video quality since the purpose of "Game" picture modes is to lessen, if not completely take away all additional aesthetic video processing to minimize video output lag?
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2016 at 09:34 AM by mojako »

Offline mambuking

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jul 18, 2016 at 03:23 PM »
HI mga guru,
I'm planning to get the 40" 4K hisense.
I hope tama decision ko, hahaha.
It's for the bedroom, will replace a 21 crt, my concern na Lang is where to get it.
Option 1 is ansons mag net cya around 18750.
Option 2 sa olx seller, posted price Nya is 17990.
Any inputs?
Thanks!

Offline mojako

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jul 18, 2016 at 06:27 PM »
nag canvass ka na ba sa ansons mismo?  They will give you a lower price vs. the OLX seller.

Offline miccollo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jul 19, 2016 at 04:23 PM »
try mo Western appliances in case meron sa inyo. i got mine 2K cheaper from them than Ansons.
TCL 75p8m
Onkyo Tx NR646
Jamo 416
AE Neo Ctr
Klipsch Sub10
Nvidia Shield TV
PS5

Offline mambuking

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jul 20, 2016 at 04:18 PM »
Yes mga sir, western mega is a little higher than the ansons (q plaza Cainta) price. Though sabi nung ansons rep, may final discount pa sya mabigay as per approval daw ng manager once decided na ko. Probably pwede ko bigay quoted price sa olx dun sa ansons rep para Baka sakaling tapatan or lower pa Nila price.
Thanks mga boss, and will update you sa outcome.

Offline mojako

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jul 21, 2016 at 09:51 PM »
Dyan ako bumili.  Sa Q-Plaza. They gave me a 200 peso discount vs. the lowest price na nakuha ko from other branches.

Yes mga sir, western mega is a little higher than the ansons (q plaza Cainta) price. Though sabi nung ansons rep, may final discount pa sya mabigay as per approval daw ng manager once decided na ko. Probably pwede ko bigay quoted price sa olx dun sa ansons rep para Baka sakaling tapatan or lower pa Nila price.
Thanks mga boss, and will update you sa outcome.

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #143 on: Jul 22, 2016 at 01:09 PM »
^ from my experience sa mga appliance stores dyan sa area (Q Plaza, Sta. Lucia, Robinsons), ginagawa kasi namin, canvass sa lahat ng stores then sasabihin namin bakit sa ganito mas mababa hehe..  twice na nangyari na ang nag bigay sa akin ng pinaka mamababang price eh Robinsons appliance.

Offline mambuking

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Jul 25, 2016 at 08:35 PM »
Yan nga ginawa ko, told the ansons rep na meron sa cash and carry 17350, then he asked his manager, 17500 lowest that they can give.
Pwede na ko sa price, rather than go to c&c which is farther than q-plaza.
Ang ask ko sana is, sa demo tv Nila, may netrange, kaso at the time ng demo, Wala sila internet para ma open.
Nung nakabit ko na tv ko, opera store ang laman.
Ano mas ok net range o opera?
Is this something na need ko ibalik? Deal breaker ba Ito?
Thanks!

Offline flashDB

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #145 on: Jul 25, 2016 at 09:38 PM »
so i made jump as well. as much as possible, i want to avoid china brand, china made but needed to have an immediate replacement of my toshiba acting as 2nd monitor and TV as well. either i go for non-china, china made (known brands) or down the bottom (not saying unknown hisense, dito satin siguro that is my impression)

at least assembled in RP. which i prefer - im sure parts are present here (assembled eh, again my impression).

ok on the picture quality, i think at par or at least a noth lower than sony, samsung, and lg. im not an expert on this but based on how i compared it side by side. on the menu, talo talaga as compared to the known brands. limited and not so much to fine tune. got the 32" pala @ 9300 installment/8300 cash. tag price is 11k. 2-year parts and labor warranty. onsite service too.

basic TV, no smart features, 720P. for secondary monitor and TV purpose. hope this short review help.

Offline will1121

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Sep 01, 2016 at 10:48 AM »
Just recently bought Hisense 32 inch led TV model k32370 for only 8500 at Western Appliances. First i made some research with this brand (they are actually supplier of parts for Devant and one of the top brands in China so i expect the same quality as we have an old model Devant 32 inch TV purchased in 2009 and still working properly though some of the first manufactured Devant LCD were actually from Singapore but now most Devant and Hisense TVs are now being assembled locally but that's not a problem given the 2 years warranty). I'm not actually a brand conscious and i guess when it comes to electronic device you can't really predict how long will the product last, i had this friend who bought a samsung 32 inch led TV which lasted only for 2 and a half years, and a brother in law who had this Sony Bravia 50 inch TV which lasted only for 3 years though some factors may also affect the lifespan of the product (usage, handling, not using an AVR, etc).

So far im very satisfied with the unit, great display, sleek design, can play formats such as mkv,avi, mp4,720,1080, etc.. and the unit has 2 USB ports.   

tumagal lang at least 4 years sulit na sulit na though mas nakaka impress if mas tumagal pa.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #147 on: Sep 05, 2016 at 02:05 PM »
Saw this feedback on Hi Sense after sales support.

Anyone else with after sales experience with Hi Sense?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Offline chris_santo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Nov 07, 2016 at 05:52 AM »
so far their service visits to my tv are ok. they get to your place within 3 days for home service. baka isolated lang yan.

Offline HeisenbergRV

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #149 on: Nov 08, 2016 at 02:09 PM »
May Hisense sa Australia and US. I'm waiting for this brand and Haier to release their HDR models. Kamusta po ito sa gaming?
Why do people insist on Game mode? I don't like it. Sa Sony ko, mas prefer ko yung Vivid, any type. movies or games. Need ko ang HDR model for my future ps4 pro.