Author Topic: How I Met Your Mother  (Read 10184 times)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
Re: How I Met Your Mother
« Reply #120 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 06:27 AM »
robin is too hot for ted.
ninjababez online ..

Offline heisenbergman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind, rewind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 08:25 AM »
Point is, it was robin all along. The whole story is about Robin all along. Kasuya na, it's not even a healthy relationship kapag sila. Ilang beses na bang naging sila? 2 times? Tapos pang huli ngayon? Just when I thought that Ted was no longer that hopeless guy who always fall to Robin despite Robin loving her job more, there he is again. The writers managed to bring back the old ted.

What happened to "I am not that guy anymore"?

Robin only wants Ted when she can't get Ted. It's an established fact that was pointed out a couple of seasons back.

Plus what the ever happened to Robin and Barney? A whole season of hyping the wedding and then 3 years later divorced na agad.

So yes, it is a fair assumption.
It wasn't about Robin all along sir. It was just Robin at that point in Ted's life because that is what we were shown. The reason Ted and Robin didn't work when they were younger is because Ted wanted someone he could start a family with him, and that was not Robin. What he wanted, he found in the mother, and they did get married, had kids, and spent years together.

When he lost the mother, he wasn't looking for someone to start a family with anymore, kasi nahanap niya na yun eh, tapos nawala. At that point in their lives, then maybe that's when Robin and Ted became right for each other. It's seems like a very realistic approach to love and life and quite opposite to the "hopeless romantic" perspective.

Offline Seryo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 10:18 AM »
^Good insight, Mr. White. We all have our opinion with the show and I respect yours.

We're not hoping for a "Hopeless Romantic" ending. We just want to have a good ending that gives justice to the whole point of the show. The ending is not even realistic to be honest, how can you date someone who's the ex of your best friend (sorry, Marshall) considering na kasal pa sila dati for three years, is this an indication na the gang would stop hanging out na? Because how ever we put it, it's mega awkward to sit in one table knowing that your best friend and your ex is dating.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #123 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 10:37 AM »
It wasn't about Robin all along sir. It was just Robin at that point in Ted's life because that is what we were shown. The reason Ted and Robin didn't work when they were younger is because Ted wanted someone he could start a family with him, and that was not Robin. What he wanted, he found in the mother, and they did get married, had kids, and spent years together.

When he lost the mother, he wasn't looking for someone to start a family with anymore, kasi nahanap niya na yun eh, tapos nawala. At that point in their lives, then maybe that's when Robin and Ted became right for each other. It's seems like a very realistic approach to love and life and quite opposite to the "hopeless romantic" perspective.

for me, mostly my problem is how to executed the finale. they made it too complicated na hindi naman kailangan. expanding and hyping Barney and Robin's wedding since season 6 only for them to be married and divorced all in the same episode. they hype up the mother, made us care for her character, and made us love her only to have Ted meet her and just kill her off. Again in the same episode. that is just stupid.

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 10:53 AM »
tbh, I don't even know why people are so keen on pointing that out (the Ted-Robin thing) about the finale. It played out like an epilogue that just went on for several minutes. It just showed Ted taking just the very first steps of moving on (after 6 years!) since his wife's death. The vast majority of the finale totally focused on Ted and the mother; and it was pretty great, especially their conversation under the rain/yellow umbrella.

Offline Seryo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 11:13 AM »
^Because it's exhausting to see Ted and Robin, they are like two washed up couples because wala na silang option. Like fail safe plan lang silang dalawa being together. (not exactly the general perspective, only my opinion)

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 11:15 AM »
The ending is not even realistic to be honest, how can you date someone who's the ex of your best friend (sorry, Marshall) considering na kasal pa sila dati for three years, is this an indication na the gang would stop hanging out na? Because how ever we put it, it's mega awkward to sit in one table knowing that your best friend and your ex is dating.
That is in fact, very realistic. There are lots of groups of friends in real life that go through this situation of falling in love / being interested in someone in the group who is the ex of someone else in the group. Only the most immature of people would see that as a problem. Only the weakest of friendships would be rattled by such a situation, and I think the group of friends in HIMYM - a mature group of longtime friends in their 40s - would see this Ted-Robin thing as a positive big moment for both of them. Ted's children approve, and Barney, Lily and Marshall seem to be the type of people that would approve as well. After all, if HIMYM teaches its viewers anything, it's that (1) you can never really tell who you'll fall in love with; and (2) people can fall in love more than once.

for me, mostly my problem is how to executed the finale. they made it too complicated na hindi naman kailangan. expanding and hyping Barney and Robin's wedding since season 6 only for them to be married and divorced all in the same episode. they hype up the mother, made us care for her character, and made us love her only to have Ted meet her and just kill her off. Again in the same episode. that is just stupid.
I agree, although "stupid" is such a harsh word :p Ang mali nung approach nila sa HIMYM is that they had a lot of "filler" seasons towards the end of the show's run that felt like pinapahaba lang nila yung show, and then they put together a finale that would have been great if it were stretched out for half a season - or maybe even worth one full season.

I like the narrative of the finale. I thought it was very mature in handling the realities of love and life. It just wasn't given enough time to breathe.

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 11:18 AM »
^Because it's exhausting to see Ted and Robin, they are like two washed up couples because wala na silang option. Like fail safe plan lang silang dalawa being together. (not exactly the general perspective, only my opinion)
Why must it be because wala na silang option instead of sila talaga yung option ng isa't isa at that point in their lives?

They were wrong for each other when they were younger, but that doesn't mean they're wrong for each other around 15-20 years later.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2149
« Reply #128 on: Apr 06, 2014 at 09:05 PM »
There is an alternative ending. A shorter edited one. It ends after the wedding of Ted and the mom.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #129 on: Apr 07, 2014 at 09:16 AM »
Good point naman yung kay heisenbergman. But I think the reason why a lot of people did not like the so-called epilogue is because it gave the mom a cheap ending.

What was the point of us waiting for 9 years to find out how Ted met their children's mother when in the end, it was going to be Robin whom he ends up with lang pala. Sure it's a cool happy ending for both characters but it felt so cheap, at least for me.

Offline Seryo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Apr 07, 2014 at 09:32 AM »
^ +1. It was like "YUN NA YON?!" Ako e.

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Apr 07, 2014 at 01:09 PM »
It's a sad world to live in when people think that falling in love, staying in love together for 11 years and having two kids is "cheap" just because the other one dies and the one left behind moves on 6 years the death.

If it were someone else aside from Robin, would the reaction have been different?

If the episode ended with Ted saying "...and that kids is how I met your mother," would the finale have been any better?

To be perfectly honest, ending the finale with that would have been sweeter, but the kind of reactions I've been hearing about the Ted-Robin epilogue have been really weird. I mean, they didn't even end up together. The point wasn't that Ted and Robin were going to end up together. The point was that Ted was at that point ready to move on after losing the love of his life.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #132 on: Apr 07, 2014 at 01:20 PM »
You're over-analyzing it. "Cheap" simply refers to the fact that they killed off the titular mother via Ted's narration just so they can justify the Ted-Robin relationship at the end; as if belittling the relevance of THE mother.

I guess they just ran out of brilliant ideas. I remember that the only reason why I stuck with the show is to find out who the mother would be. After they revealed it, all the other episodes were just lame, imo.
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2014 at 01:23 PM by the_w0rks »

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Apr 07, 2014 at 01:40 PM »
Ted and Robin didn't even end-up together, so there is no "Ted-Robin relationship" to speak of. What we saw was just the beginning of a man moving on six years after the death of the love of his life.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #134 on: Apr 07, 2014 at 11:05 PM »
as a fan for 9 f*kn years i'm very disappointed with the ending. i'm ok with the mother dying but ted-robin again, cmon!

now i think lost had a better ending! :(
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2014 at 11:16 PM by frequenzy »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Apr 07, 2014 at 11:15 PM »
It's a sad world to live in when people think that falling in love, staying in love together for 11 years and having two kids is "cheap" just because the other one dies and the one left behind moves on 6 years the death.

If it were someone else aside from Robin, would the reaction have been different?

If the episode ended with Ted saying "...and that kids is how I met your mother," would the finale have been any better?

To be perfectly honest, ending the finale with that would have been sweeter, but the kind of reactions I've been hearing about the Ted-Robin epilogue have been really weird. I mean, they didn't even end up together. The point wasn't that Ted and Robin were going to end up together. The point was that Ted was at that point ready to move on after losing the love of his life.

i agree that you've been over analyzing it. this is much simpler. how did you feel after watching the movie? did you feel good and satisfied? take note that this is a romantic comedy kind of sitcom and i certainly didn't feel good after watching it. sitcoms suppose to make you feed good after watching it. that's why they exist. the creators bummed everybody out by revealing that the mother was dead already after hyping her up making us like, neigh, love her character.

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Apr 07, 2014 at 11:26 PM »
lol, funny. just yesterday I was thinking that the people who were so hung up about the Ted-Robin "relationship" (that wasn't even a relationship) were the ones over-analyzing the whole finale :))

Death is a part of life. Moving on after death is a reality of life. Moving on doesn't "cheapen" the previous relationship. It doesn't mean that Ted loved the mother any less and it doesn't belittle her relevance to the series. She is as relevant as how much one believes Ted loved her... and the finale showed that Ted loved her dearly. So the Ted-Robin ending shouldn't be something to get hung up on.

The big mistake - as I previously mentioned - was just that they crammed so much in the finale. If they had let those storylines breathe and gave it a treatment through multiple episodes, they could have had a more graceful exit. As it is, it's good but it could have been better, still not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2014 at 11:34 PM by heisenbergman »

Offline chatstix

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
How I Met Your Mother
« Reply #137 on: Apr 07, 2014 at 11:27 PM »
as a fan for 9 f*kn years i'm very disappointed with the ending. i'm ok with the mother dying but ted-robin again, cmon!

now i think lost had a better ending! :(

Ted decided to move on 6yrs after his wife died. So move on then or if you have the resources to produce a sitcom/series where the ending suits you, then do it.

For me, it was a good epilogue on how the mother of Ted's children was met.  The show did not in any other way failed to show that.  They (production outfit) were the ones who decided to end that way and it is their call, as against what your pre-conceived idea conjured what should be the perfect ending.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 01:18 AM »
The big mistake - as I previously mentioned - was just that they crammed so much in the finale. If they had let those storylines breathe and gave it a treatment through multiple episodes, they could have had a more graceful exit. As it is, it's good but it could have been better, still not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

yes this i agree on. they should just throw away the first 22 episodes, save for maybe 3-4 episodes that were vital to the story, and spread out to the entire season what transpired on the last episode. too much happening at once in the last episode where the audience were not able to adjust to the things that were happening.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #139 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 07:59 AM »
i agree that you've been over analyzing it. this is much simpler. how did you feel after watching the movie? did you feel good and satisfied? take note that this is a romantic comedy kind of sitcom and i certainly didn't feel good after watching it. sitcoms suppose to make you feed good after watching it.

Not this sitcom, for the past few years:

As one of the posters who spoke very positively about this show early on in this thread, my opinion has done a 180. The show's trying too hard. For a long stretch, they seemed to forget they were a sitcom and were supposed to make people laugh. That entire Marshall's dad storyline was a bummer, and they dragged it out for months. Nowadays I'd say the funny to corny/downer episodes ratio is 1:4.

Luckily I quit the show after season 8, and only watched the finale. So I never got invested in the actual "mother," nor on the wedding of Barney and Robin. As such, the ending didn't bother me. Didn't love it, but I see how it's a good way to end the series, which all started with Robin and Ted's relationship. The finale actually makes perfect sense if you watch it immediately after watching the pilot.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2014 at 08:03 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #140 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 12:43 PM »

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #141 on: Apr 08, 2014 at 08:03 PM »

Offline Seryo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Apr 09, 2014 at 10:19 AM »

Hahaha.

Offline airnolds

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Apr 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM »
how did you feel after watching the movie? did you feel good and satisfied?

I actually did feel good about it...it gave me a broader understanding of life/choices [i believe]... realistic in my opinion...
simply put, this is what i learned from each character  ^-^

Ted - People are capable of having more than 1 "True Love"... and Widowed people can and might still find another True Love

Barney - Realization that having a kid is what made him "Loving and Loyal" .. Not an ideal Husband,, but definitely makes a great Father

Lilly/Marshall - The "Marriage Talk" about how their marriage will fall apart if they don't make the decisions together

Robin - Not having Kids can be tough [even if you don't want to in the first place]... so she can only focus on her career.... but eventually finds someone she loves that will love her back despite not being able to start their own family..
"No man speaks to Doom this way. Even Captain America."