Author Topic: LG TV Line-up 2014  (Read 23694 times)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: LG TV Line-up 2014
« Reply #60 on: Jul 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM »
Couldn't be happier sir. Blurays/hd movies are more detailed especially after tweaking the settings combined with the tv's auto upscaling feature.  Kainis lang kasi i tried to play big buck bunny after downloading the 4k version to test it out, but both the med8er and tv didn't recognize the mp4 format. Am just waiting for the new avrs to come out with good prices. Gastos na naman hahaha

talaga? usually spot on mga codecs na built-in sa LG tvs e. Kaya I don't feel the need to get a media player na kasi plug and play lang sa portable HDD ko.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #61 on: Jul 17, 2014 at 12:45 PM »
Couldn't be happier sir. Blurays/hd movies are more detailed especially after tweaking the settings combined with the tv's auto upscaling feature.  Kainis lang kasi i tried to play big buck bunny after downloading the 4k version to test it out, but both the med8er and tv didn't recognize the mp4 format. Am just waiting for the new avrs to come out with good prices. Gastos na naman hahaha

Wait for new PC hardware to support HDMI 2.0 for a nice 4k/60p 4:4:4 source. Right now PCs are limited to 4k/30p 4:4:4 (HDMI 1.4 max) or 4k/60p 4:2:0 (marketed by some companies as an "HDMI 2.0b" mode) over HDMI. "2.0b" is sufficient for current 4k video formats, but 4:4:4 is better if you can wait.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #62 on: Jul 17, 2014 at 01:10 PM »
Wait for new PC hardware to support HDMI 2.0 for a nice 4k/60p 4:4:4 source. Right now PCs are limited to 4k/30p 4:4:4 (HDMI 1.4 max) or 4k/60p 4:2:0 (marketed by some companies as an "HDMI 2.0b" mode) over HDMI. "2.0b" is sufficient for current 4k video formats, but 4:4:4 is better if you can wait.

wait, by PCU hardware, does this mean video card?

OT: Yung R7 ba na sinuggest mo pala in the other thread, would that be able to handle 4k?

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
Re: Re: LG TV Line-up 2014
« Reply #63 on: Jul 18, 2014 at 05:18 AM »
wait, by PCU hardware, does this mean video card?

OT: Yung R7 ba na sinuggest mo pala in the other thread, would that be able to handle 4k?
Yup. AMD Radeon R5, R7 and R9 graphics support 4K, upto 4:4:4 - 30p over HDMI.

Nvidia Geforce 700 and 800 series desktop products also support 4K, upto 4:2:0 - 60p over HDMI.

Higher quality can be achieved with both AMD and Nvidia over Displayport.

What is scarier is the processing required for 4K formats. Until H.265 becomes hardware-accelerated, it can be very demanding. This is where we badly need OpenCL. CPU-only software decode of Main 10 @ Level 5.1 Main Tier is already enough to saturate 8-core workstation processors. This for current-day displays (4k/60p 30-bit).

I can only dream about what's required for Main 16 @ Level 6.2 High Tier (6.4Gbps HEVC). This format is for 8k/120p 48-bit.

While we are stuck with H.264, Intel Quick Sync is the most convenient choice for 4K decode (followed by Nvidia PureVideo).
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2014 at 06:06 AM by Stagea »

Offline mars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • All I need is a mic.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #64 on: Jul 18, 2014 at 11:05 AM »

Glad you're enjoying it. So in your experience, this UHD TV is better than the FHD's due to the upscaling, even when you're using FHD materials? Naeengganyo kasi ako bumili nito, but I can't afford to have buyer's remorse later hehe. Baka yung Med8er ang di makabasa ng 4k files? Now that there are no native 4K materials yet, I'll be using it mainly sa mga 1080 3D movies ko on bluray and usb. I just hope that it's better than the FHD LED that I'm using now.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2014 at 11:28 AM by mars »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
Re: Re: LG TV Line-up 2014
« Reply #65 on: Jul 18, 2014 at 08:17 PM »
Glad you're enjoying it. So in your experience, this UHD TV is better than the FHD's due to the upscaling, even when you're using FHD materials? Naeengganyo kasi ako bumili nito, but I can't afford to have buyer's remorse later hehe. Baka yung Med8er ang di makabasa ng 4k files? Now that there are no native 4K materials yet, I'll be using it mainly sa mga 1080 3D movies ko on bluray and usb. I just hope that it's better than the FHD LED that I'm using now.
There is native 4k material, but it is not widely available. Netflix is probably the most popular source for now; too bad it's not available here.

LG's touted HEVC support is mostly there to support 4k streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Instant Video. Samsung and Sony are on the same boat.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2014 at 08:32 PM by Stagea »

Offline alas6

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #66 on: Jul 19, 2014 at 04:23 PM »
my initial assessment was that i could just be imagining things, but my wife and daughter actually commented that there was a big improvement in picture quality after re-watching a few of our bluray movies on the lg vs. our pana plasma. 

i tried the 60fps and 30fps big buck bunny files, but these did not play both on the tv (via usb flash disk) and med8er. 

btw, 3d is shown as fhd not 4k.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2014 at 04:26 PM by alas6 »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jul 19, 2014 at 08:34 PM »
my initial assessment was that i could just be imagining things, but my wife and daughter actually commented that there was a big improvement in picture quality after re-watching a few of our bluray movies on the lg vs. our pana plasma. 

i tried the 60fps and 30fps big buck bunny files, but these did not play both on the tv (via usb flash disk) and med8er. 

btw, 3d is shown as fhd not 4k.

I don't think any Mede8er is 4K capable. Have you tried the presets of this software?
http://www.tv-converter.com/video-converter-ultimate/

LG's Cinema 3D on their UHD TVs run at 3840x1080 afaik, so that's twice 1080p's horizontal resolution.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2014 at 08:41 PM by Stagea »

Offline alas6

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jul 19, 2014 at 08:37 PM »
thanks sir will try that out.  actually i thought that could also be the reason and that's why i tried to play the file directly via usb directly to the tv and got the same results.  not sure if the current web os has something to do with it.

with regards to the 3d file, how come it shows 1080p on the left top corner when i click on the magic remote to see the tv settings? for 2d movies, it shows 2160. looking at the lg website, you're correct as it states "4K 3D+* gives you four times the resolution of our high-definition 3D, for a more detailed and lifelike experience that will blow you away".  not sure if i need to adjust something somewhere since i just pretty much rely on auto upscaling.  thanks!
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2014 at 09:07 AM by alas6 »

Offline zionsgame

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jul 28, 2014 at 05:41 AM »
Got mine yesterday (60lb5820) at ansons cash n carry. Anyone wants to share their settings for watching movies? Your help would be highly appreciated.

SVS PC-2000 ǀ Monitor Audio Bronze BX

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #70 on: Aug 16, 2014 at 01:36 PM »
Good day mga bossing, Can someone pls. explain the differrence of Cinema 3D vs 2D to 3D conversion features of new LG TV ?

I Ask this kase medyo nakakalito yung website ng LG..example for this model

http://www.lg.com/ph/tvs/lg-49UB850T

LG Ultra HD 4K TV  49UB850T

4K Ultra HD
4K IPS Panel
4K Cinema 3D  was mentioned here na cinema 3D but in the details specification not mention only 2D to 3D conversion.
Tru-Ultra HD Engine
4K HEVC 60p

It's also mention in details specs only UHD TV but in the Preview Features it says it's says LG Smart+ TV...

Can someone pls. clarify?  Salamat po.

Offline alas6

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Aug 16, 2014 at 09:22 PM »
just a heads up: there's a firmware update to the 49" tv:

http://www.lg.com/sg/support-product/lg-49UB850T

save the files in the same location, then unzip any one of them using 7zip and it'll merge one epk file.  afterwards, create a folder named LG_DTV in a usb flash drive in fat32 format and put the epk file there.  once you stick it in the tv's usb slot, it'll ask you if you want to update the firmware.

tried it out...one thing i noticed is that the motion blur has significantly decreased when i activated trumotion.  still trying to check out some more differences or improvements from the previous version.

Offline serchief_dannylo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Mar 12, 2015 at 09:06 PM »
took the plunge and replaced our 42" panny plasma in the theater room with the 49ub850t...no regrets so far  ;D

@alas6, how much mo nabili last year yang LG 49UB850T mo? San mo nabili? How was the performance so far? Im planning to buy it this month.