Author Topic: Samsung Flat Panel TVs - Lemon?  (Read 9943 times)

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: Samsung Flat Panel TVs - Lemon?
« Reply #30 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 02:01 PM »
Parang madami atang malas dito sa Samsung, ako swerte! ;D

Samsung Fanboy pa din!  O0
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline krijtin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Aug 14, 2014 at 12:22 AM »
The tech guy went to our house yesterday to check on the unit. After only 15 minutes of checking, he concluded that the defect is on the Y Main board.

Kapag ba ganun yung sira, buong board na talaga papalitan or parts lang nun board?

Offline nesty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Aug 14, 2014 at 08:35 AM »
The tech guy went to our house yesterday to check on the unit. After only 15 minutes of checking, he concluded that the defect is on the Y Main board.

Kapag ba ganun yung sira, buong board na talaga papalitan or parts lang nun board?

Normally palit buong board yan.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2014 at 08:36 AM by nesty »

Offline krijtin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Aug 14, 2014 at 10:12 AM »
^Ouch. The tech guy said nag- "short yung triac" nung Y Main board. I asked what caused it, guy didn't give a definitive answer.

Told him our set up is we have AVR (Samwon brand). He said maybe it was the one that cause it to short, and suggested that next time we plug it in 110 V daw. ???

EDIT: Tech guy texted -- repair is PhP 7,050. Y Main is 5250 and labor is PhP1,800. #MahaliaMendez  :'(
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM by krijtin »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2384
« Reply #34 on: Aug 14, 2014 at 12:24 PM »
^Ouch. The tech guy said nag- "short yung triac" nung Y Main board. I asked what caused it, guy didn't give a definitive answer.

Told him our set up is we have AVR (Samwon brand). He said maybe it was the one that cause it to short, and suggested that next time we plug it in 110 V daw. ???

EDIT: Tech guy texted -- repair is PhP 7,050. Y Main is 5250 and labor is PhP1,800. #MahaliaMendez  :'(

Yup all my Samsung tvs I plug to the 110v sa zebra avr ko. Then connect my avr to my belkin surge protector. No problems so far. That's how I plug my tvs and receivers. Mga players ko plugged to bada line conditioner.

The only thing I see where the tvs will break is maybe where dirt will accumulate inside the tv, especially sa Mga boards. The entry point sa tvs where dirt can get in is the bad part imo.

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2014 at 02:10 PM »

Triac's are cheap components maybe costing only at around a few hundreds. Tanong mo baka pwedeng component level na lang ang gawin nila.
Also, in case board pa rin palitan kunin mo yung board na sira sa kanila kasama sa binayaran mo yan.

Offline HK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: Aug 17, 2014 at 03:26 PM »
I'd also like to share my experience. I bought my Samsung Led Tv UA 46D6600 Feb. 2012. June of 2014 the problems came out. Crack  sound of the speakers. When the Samsung tech came he told me that it's defective and needs replacement. Frankly speaking, it's not even abused. Speaker cost around 4tho, so I ordered. After 2 days, i realized instead of buying speakers to them I'll just look for a sound bar. So I cancelled my order. After, 1 mo. while watchin, my tv screen turn black. Then after 2 days it has vertical line in the middle of the screen. Same samsung tech guy came and the diagnosis need panel replacement worth 30,500. (You can already buy a brand new tv) Ask him, what's the caused but he can't identify. "Minsan rw talaga ganon ang nangyayari. Swertihan lang kung tatagal ang tv mo." Isn't it bad, you invest for which you think has good quality then it's not. Good thing that i didn't order for speakers. Such a waste of money. Now, i'm still looking for brand with better quality and having a second thought of which to buy.

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Aug 17, 2014 at 06:22 PM »
I'd also like to share my experience. I bought my Samsung Led Tv UA 46D6600 Feb. 2012. June of 2014 the problems came out. Crack  sound of the speakers. When the Samsung tech came he told me that it's defective and needs replacement. Frankly speaking, it's not even abused. Speaker cost around 4tho, so I ordered. After 2 days, i realized instead of buying speakers to them I'll just look for a sound bar. So I cancelled my order. After, 1 mo. while watchin, my tv screen turn black. Then after 2 days it has vertical line in the middle of the screen. Same samsung tech guy came and the diagnosis need panel replacement worth 30,500. (You can already buy a brand new tv) Ask him, what's the caused but he can't identify. "Minsan rw talaga ganon ang nangyayari. Swertihan lang kung tatagal ang tv mo." Isn't it bad, you invest for which you think has good quality then it's not. Good thing that i didn't order for speakers. Such a waste of money. Now, i'm still looking for brand with better quality and having a second thought of which to buy.

Good thing you have waited a bit and did not buy the speakers. Better look for a reliable and durable brand Sir. Mahirap yung sabi ng technician swertehan, no such thing especially if it's your money that is at stake. The problem with after warranties is they will definitely rip off the customer's pocket. Dito ang payback time nila. Buti pa mga CRT, mine lasted for 17 years japan made. I am also in hunting mode to replace my samsung with another brand. If I can extend warranty to more than 2 years that is much better.

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #38 on: Aug 18, 2014 at 08:41 PM »
I bought my Samsung plasma 3D TV Nov. 2011. after almost 3 months, vertical line appeared in the center of the panel, I think posted it here before. good thing there's a 2-yr warranty and my TV was replaced w/ a brand new one.

then just last July, after 2 1/2 yrs, a horizontal line appeared on the upper part of the tv. d@mn, just 6 mos. after the warranty! I told my wifey to call Samsung and have it checked and see if how much it will cost to have it repaired. good thing my wife is such a sweet talker hehe, she ask someone from samsung hotline if there is something that can be done w/ our case. samsung offered that we can request for an extended warranty at NO COST! wow! can't believe when we heard that hehe.. so, samsung tech replaced the panel of my TV w/o us spending a single centavo. although 3 mos. lang warranty ng panel.

but because of that, I think I'm done buying a samsung tv.

Offline krijtin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Aug 20, 2014 at 11:26 AM »
UPDATE: Tech guy came in today to replace the Y main board. After testing, the panel displays photo already and there's sound. BUT, the display looks reddish all over and it seems defective already.

Screen is something like this:

When I asked the guy about the possible cause/s, he cannot give a definitive answer. I told him we rarely use the TV. Probably just 10 - 12 hrs max per week (PER WEEK!). He said probably because of heat and electricity issues.

He said he'll come back and try another unit of the Y Main board. But I'm not keeping my hopes up that it will solve the display issue.

Hay, never again, Samsung. Never again!

Offline krijtin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM »
Triac's are cheap components maybe costing only at around a few hundreds. Tanong mo baka pwedeng component level na lang ang gawin nila.
Also, in case board pa rin palitan kunin mo yung board na sira sa kanila kasama sa binayaran mo yan.

Asked the tech guy about this. He said it's not possible. May maliliit daw na parts na nakakabit doon sa triac and kapag yun lang daw ang pinalitan, may possibility na it will still conk out daw. Kaya ang solution niya, palit buong board. :-/

Offline kraut

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • wink, wink .....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #41 on: Aug 20, 2014 at 11:45 AM »
mine too conked out just this week after 2 years of usage. Mine is toshiba and i'm surprised na Samsung yung panel na ginamit.....

hoping na maayos at makita pang part yung technician pa since nakahiwalay yung defective control board sa panel.

I am he as you are me and we are all together !!!

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #42 on: Aug 20, 2014 at 11:57 AM »
mine too conked out just this week after 2 years of usage. Mine is toshiba and i'm surprised na Samsung yung panel na ginamit.....

hoping na maayos at makita pang part yung technician pa since nakahiwalay yung defective control board sa panel.

There are only 3 major TV panel makers: Samsung, LG and Sharp. They make up 3/4 of the TV panels out there, no matter the TV brand. The remaining 1/4 is catered to mostly by Taiwanese and Chinese companies.
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2014 at 11:57 AM by Stagea »

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Aug 20, 2014 at 04:56 PM »
Asked the tech guy about this. He said it's not possible. May maliliit daw na parts na nakakabit doon sa triac and kapag yun lang daw ang pinalitan, may possibility na it will still conk out daw. Kaya ang solution niya, palit buong board. :-/

My opinion on the technician, I don't believe it will conk out if he is really sure na that component is the culprit. However, ang practice ng mga eto is palit buong board talaga kaya yun ang sinabi sa iyo. The reason kaya ganyan ang skill ng technician kasi si manufacturer they don't really share their schematic diagrams especially marami silang mga technology issue/patents na tinatago na pwedeng copy ng kalaban nila. Yung technician when you ask him ano cause yung reply niya heat/electricity issues kasi mababaw lang talaga alam nila. Kahit sales siguro pag ganito ang troubleshooting pwede ng gumawa. Nung ginawa yung samsung ko prior to them coming sabi ko sa csr na magdala ng mga equipments para gawin sa bahay. Pagdating wala, ako pa ang nagexplain reg sa bleeding issue pati dun sa hdmi issue. Pagbalik ulit nagdala ng module palit I asked ano gawin nila sa defective module, sabi ipadala daw sa main office lang. Yun nga lang after a few months bumigay si Samsung ko ulit at ibang sira. Kaya ayun pina refund ko na lang. Yung sira ng tv tingin ko board yan. Baka sabihin ng technician mo pagbalik lcd sira. Kung ganyan sabihin mo magdala ng lcd para i-testing. To see is to believe. Mabubutas kasi ang bulsa mo niyan.

Offline Nomer Fernandez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 20, 2014 at 09:15 PM »
mine is samsung lcd tv la32b350, almost 5 years old na, what happened is nawala yung picture but still may sound pa rin sya, then after looking closely, i can see a picture, so the problem is i think the backlight. called the samsung service center, then after 2 days, may dumating na technician,  checked the unit, ang diagnosis nya is the power supply kaya palit power supply daw, so medyo naguluhan ako, bakit power supply kung may power naman yung tv. i asked him kung sure na power supply ang problem, and how much ang cost, sabi nya na kesyo kulang na daw yung power going to the panel, and the cost daw is yung office ang makakasagot. after 2 days ulit, service center called me and the price of the power supply is 5k+ less yung 650 na check up fee. i asked them na baka naman pede gawin na lang yung power supply, hindi daw pede kasi assembly type daw. haaayssss...baka mamaya ipagawa ko tapos bigla na naman mawala yung picture then sasabhin nila is panel na problem. sayang lang ibabayad ko power supply.

Offline krijtin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Aug 23, 2014 at 02:26 PM »
My opinion on the technician, I don't believe it will conk out if he is really sure na that component is the culprit. However, ang practice ng mga eto is palit buong board talaga kaya yun ang sinabi sa iyo. The reason kaya ganyan ang skill ng technician kasi si manufacturer they don't really share their schematic diagrams especially marami silang mga technology issue/patents na tinatago na pwedeng copy ng kalaban nila. Yung technician when you ask him ano cause yung reply niya heat/electricity issues kasi mababaw lang talaga alam nila. Kahit sales siguro pag ganito ang troubleshooting pwede ng gumawa. Nung ginawa yung samsung ko prior to them coming sabi ko sa csr na magdala ng mga equipments para gawin sa bahay. Pagdating wala, ako pa ang nagexplain reg sa bleeding issue pati dun sa hdmi issue. Pagbalik ulit nagdala ng module palit I asked ano gawin nila sa defective module, sabi ipadala daw sa main office lang. Yun nga lang after a few months bumigay si Samsung ko ulit at ibang sira. Kaya ayun pina refund ko na lang.

Hi Sir, thanks for your inputs. Medyo diskumpyado nga ako doon sa technician because it only took him 15 mins to diagnose kung anong sira. I felt hindi intensive yung ginawa niyang testing. Parang tinamad lang. Hay.

Can you recommend a highly skilled technician, Sir? Preferably yung pwede home service because the TV is so big and heavy (51").

Yung sira ng tv tingin ko board yan. Baka sabihin ng technician mo pagbalik lcd sira. Kung ganyan sabihin mo magdala ng lcd para i-testing. To see is to believe. Mabubutas kasi ang bulsa mo niyan.

Iba pa po sa y main? Sabi nung technician panel daw.

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Aug 23, 2014 at 09:13 PM »
@krijtin,

Bumalik ba yung technician to try another board?

Yung technician mo ba accredited ng Samsung?

Offline krijtin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Aug 25, 2014 at 01:23 PM »
@krijtin,

Bumalik ba yung technician to try another board?

Yung technician mo ba accredited ng Samsung?

Hindi na ulit, Sir. Agreement was pupunta daw siya ulit dito to try another Y Main board. No notice yet from the service center. I'll text text them tomorrow to follow up on updates.

The tech is from one of their affiliated service centers in Sta. Rosa, Laguna (we're from San Pedro). I called Samsung customer service hotline and the CSR referred my case to that service center.

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Aug 25, 2014 at 05:15 PM »
Extension din sila ng samsung hindi sila third party. Ganito pabalikin mo yung technician with a new board since nag commit siya na he will try another board. If bumalik siya and ganun pa din at you have doubts you can ask Samsung csr for another accredited service center but of course since out of warranty ka na you'll be charge for another inspection fee. Ngayon pag papunta na kayo na sasabihin nila panel na problema ready muna ang pocket because mahal. If in case panel palit daw and you want to proceed or kahit hindi basta sabihin mo ipakita mo muna na panel talaga sira sa technician and tell the service center dalin sa house mo yung panel na pang testing para makita mo na yung nga problema. They can do that wag ka pumayag na dalin nila led tv mo.

Yung sa akin dati nakailang palit din ako ng service center thru csr warranty pa kasi. And di ako satisfied sa unang tumingin.

Panel kasi pagsira may makikita kang vertical line sometimes horizontal lines. Yung sa iyo parang not convincing na panel yan. Likely, yung board na nagdrive ng panel mo which is yung sabi ni tech nga na Y board. Wag lang loko yang tech at ang dalin ulit niya sira na Y board to make it look like it's your panel that is defective.

Offline krijtin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Sep 16, 2014 at 09:11 PM »
Update:

1. Two weeks passed by and no notice from the service center. Then I made a follow up. They said they requested two new replacement Y main boards from Samsung and the two turned out to be defective as well. I said I didn't receive any text from them updating me of status. They said they texted daw. I said I would have appreciated if they called me since they didn't receive any reply from me. Deadma sila.

2. Then a week after, they asked me if they can pull out our TV unit. I said I would prefer if they fix it here in our house. They said all replacement parts delivered to them were defective so their head recommended that they fix the unit in their office.

I argued, what is the difference between repairing the unit in our home and fixing it in their office if there's always an issue with the replacement part?

The secretary said, "Para po makita yung actual parts ng unit nyo mam."

I asked, "The tech said the defective part is the Y Main board and he sounded conclusive. Why is there a need na tingnan ulit ang actual parts?"

She said, "Yun nga po mam kaya gusto ipapull out ng head namin dahil sa parts."

I said, "I don't understand kasi kung bakit kailangan ipull out yung unit kung all this time, naghihintay tayo ng gumagana na replacement Y Main board. Unless hindi kayo confident na sinabi ng tech niyo na Y Main board nga yung defective. In that case, I would like to request na dito sa bahay idiagnose  yung unit."

She said, "Opo mam y main po  yung sira."

I said, "Kung Y Main nga yung defective at sigurado yung tech niyo about it, bakit pa kailangan dalhin yun buong TV sa shop?"

She then replied that she'll ask the technician.

Toinks.

3. After more than a week, they texted at 9 AM that the tech will check our unit again on the same day. I confirmed they can visit at 3 PM. I was at a friend's house and I had to hurry back home. I waited, and waited, and waited. No tech came at 3 PM... neither at 4, 5, and 6 PM. 

Then the tech texted at 7 PM if it's okay if he'll go at our house at 8 PM. At freaking 8 in the evening.

Sheng inang yan. Such a waste of time.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2014 at 09:16 PM by krijtin »

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Sep 16, 2014 at 11:49 PM »
@krijtin

I thought what you did is right na sa house gawin, who knows kasi kung ano ano gawin sa unit mo if they fix it at their office. Sa experience ko with samsung kasi nalaman ko lang din na ginagawa talaga nila sa house ang mga led tv's from the other accredited service provider when I asked their csr to transfer mo to another service center. That is when I learned na blacklisted yung unang binigay nilang service center. Imagine nalaman ko rin lang din sa service center nila blacklisted yung binigay sa akin.

Medyo tumatagal din pala yung repair ng unit mo. Pero a defective Y board is better than a defective led panel kasi pag panel kulang nalang sabihin nila bumili ka ng bago because mahal siya.

In terms of leadtime, mine took I think 5mos 50+ follow ups I did on phone and another I thinks mga 20+ emails to them before we both agreed to refund and they lied about it. Sabi ng pinakamalaking appliance center sa akin kaya nilang paratingin ang replacement unit kahit galing nga manila he even showed ma the approval. Si Samsung naman sabi niya out of stock. Sabi pa nga ni biggest appliance center sa akin na they can issue a new receipt so my warranty will be issued a new one and not a carry over just as what samsung wants at hindi ako pumayag na carry over. In the end, I  told Samsung just give me back my money. And pahirapan pa yun halos ayawin ko na manager nila. Grabe very agonizing.

Kaya sabi ko hindi hindi na ako bibili ng Samsung. Btw, nag email pa ako dun sa CEO nilang koreano to appeal  because sa website nila he will respond daw. English kasi kaya siguro di naiintindihan nung CEO kuno. Sa top management palang inefficient what more sa lower levels ng organization nila.

i hope na maresolve na ang problem mo sa unit mo at you will not undergo the tedious waitingI went through.

Offline orpheus018

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Sep 25, 2014 at 04:48 PM »
wow! talaga palang sablay si Sammy... should have known this earlier..
just wanna share my exp for Samsung. 1st bought LED Tv ko yan (UA32D5000) around q4 2011.. Bought it around 25k. im kinda disappointed lang kasi nasira ito after 2years and 7mos.. nabitin ako sa lifespan. di naman bugbugan gamit ko dito... Props to their immediate service but nasaktan ako when i heard na 17thou (w/ 3mos warranty) ang replacement ng panel... haha!

anyway, id like to ask lang hows ur experience with other brand...

Offline noah727

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Sep 25, 2014 at 07:54 PM »
Haven't tried Samsung yet.

Philips and LG LED TV, more than 5yrs bugbugan gamit and still going strong. 2 Philips 42" and 1 LG 32" all bought from Singapore. Also recently bought an LG 32" locally, no problem.

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Sep 26, 2014 at 04:10 PM »
Yung mga LG TV's ng nephew ko sa sala and room yung thick type na model when I watched them play xbox di pa daw bumibigay more than 5 years na. From what I read in the thread si Sammy wala 2 years bumigay na like mine. Other Sammy naman katatapos lang ng warranty dead na. Bagsak sa meantime before failure.

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #54 on: Sep 26, 2014 at 05:27 PM »
Wouldnt place bets on LG neither, hanap hanap lang kayo sa mga threads dito dami ding nightmare stories ng LG.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Sep 26, 2014 at 05:56 PM »
Wouldnt place bets on LG neither, hanap hanap lang kayo sa mga threads dito dami ding nightmare stories ng LG.

thanks for the heads up.
would you care to share your experience with LG? thanks.

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #56 on: Sep 26, 2014 at 06:17 PM »
I have owned one. A 42lm6200. It was an upgrade from a sammy 40eh5300.
Luckily no issues naman except for the some backlight bleeding. pero you wouldnt notice it naman unless you know what youre looking for. Sold it to upgrade to a sammy 46f6400 late last year. No issues din so far. Except na naliliitan na ako sa kanya ngayon. :p
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2014 at 06:17 PM by xgh0st12x »
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline jjb

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #57 on: Sep 27, 2014 at 02:00 AM »
Ive got 2 samsungs, a 40b530 which is 6 yrs old (?) and a 37d5000 which is 3 yrs old, both are still going strong and are a lot better in terms of PQ with my brother's LG 40inch LED (model unknown).
All brands have their lemons. LG used to be a lemon brand but quality has leaped tremendously that it's the same as samsung with advancements in TV technology and reliability IMHO. Samsung i guess has gotten so big that quality control has deteriorated. Sony and panasonic have their own share of breakdowns.
Hisense anyone? =)

Offline nesty

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Sep 27, 2014 at 10:13 AM »
Afaik, hisense is all about bluetooth accessories and small headphones like jabra. I'm surprised may hisense na led tv na pala. :)

Offline Armz316

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #59 on: Nov 29, 2014 at 03:46 PM »
i think the capacitors are available at Deco Sir. By the way, Just want to share my 2 cents worth. My
Ninong & Brother in law had their Samsung Ref shipped to my place so i can have it repaired here in Manila. Sad to say the Shamsung tech could not fix the ref. And gave up already then told us to sell it to the junk shop! But we never gave up just yet, my pamangkin was able to do some research and we got a guy who makes storage freezers for a living, Viola! He was able to make it run back to normal again. He maintains all of the freezers in well known food chains.  :)  He was also able to fix our coke freezer!  :)

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2014 at 03:54 PM by Armz316 »