Author Topic: New KEF Reference Series  (Read 1340 times)

Offline jh@meeh

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
New KEF Reference Series
« on: May 24, 2014 at 01:42 PM »
http://www.kef.com/html/en/showroom/hi-fi_series/THE_REFERENCE/fact_sheet/Floorstanding/REFERENCE_5/index.html

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/kef-reference-and-blade-news-out-of-the-munich-high-end-show/

http://www.whathifi.com/news/kef-unveils-new-baby-blades-reference-series-and-upgraded-muon-speakers-at-high-end-show

The big news at Munich was the launch of KEF's new Reference series. New from the ground up, there are five models in the line-up: the Reference 1 standmount speakers (£4500/pair); the Reference 3 three-way bass refelex floorstander (£7500); the bigger Reference 5 floorstander (£10,500); an enormous centre speaker, the £4500 Reference Centre; and a dedicated 1000W, twin-driver subwoofer.

KEF has developed all-new drivers for the range, with a 25mm aluminium dome tweeter placed at the acoustic centre of the 12.5cm midrange driver in its proprietary Uni-Q arrangement. The new 6.5in bass driver has a large aluminium-wire voice coil driving an aluminium cone, chosen for its lightness and stifness.

The distinctive front baffle is made from a laminated aluminium and resin composite, formed in a press under extreme temperatures. To help fine-tune the bass, Reference models include user-adjustable port tuning.

There are three standard finishes available: deep piano black, luxury gloss rosewood and satin American walnut wood veneers. Again, as with the Blade Two, they're also available in two special finishes, blue ice white and copper black aluminium, at extra cost.

The bookshelf and floorstanding models will be available in the next two to three months, with the centre and sub to follow later this year. Bespoke stands are available as an option for the Model 1.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014 at 01:54 PM by jh@meeh »
LG OLED
Kef Reference
Denon Receiver
Power Sound Audio
JL Fathoms

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
Re: New KEF Reference Series
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014 at 06:18 AM »
Oh wow! I always have admired the Reference 201/2. In my book it's the perfect bookshelf. I wonder how these will compare.

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014 at 08:37 AM »
nice ang gaganda ng finish ah..beautiful! :)

Offline jh@meeh

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014 at 09:18 PM »
Ganda din ng bookshelf

LG OLED
Kef Reference
Denon Receiver
Power Sound Audio