Author Topic: LG 32LA6200 another bang for the buck tv purchase  (Read 3829 times)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
LG 32LA6200 another bang for the buck tv purchase
« on: May 26, 2014 at 12:33 PM »
I was in the lookout for a bigger PC monitor for quite some time.  I currently have a 24-inch Samsung LED monitor that I've been using for more than 4 years - still good, but the viewing angle is quite terrible.  My PC is in my room, and using it as backup work PC and HTPC, when trying to watch movies from my bed, the 24-inch screen is not big enough, and the color is really washed-out even at just a little bit of an oblique angle.  I was looking at 28-inch tv as a replacement, but cannot find one that is 1080p - i'm worried that non-Full HD monitor would be bad for text quality.

I chance by a sale of LG tv's last month at Anson's.  The LG 32LA6200 was being sold at 20,997, it's original price was 26,997.  The TV has all the features you would look for - full HD, smart TV, timeline, 3D, magic remote, and includes 8 3D glasses.  Picture quality based on demo was really good, more than enough for my requirement.  Only worries I have is that 32-inch could be too big for me for a PC monitor.  I'm really no fan of 3D, but not bad for that price.  I did not pull the trigger right away, worried about the size as PC monitor.

This weekend, I saw the same model at Abenson's at a reduced price of 19,997.  This time I pulled the trigger as I don't think it would go lower.  One other thing that convinced me to take it, is that the newer 2014 models does not have an equivalent model for the same features at the same price level - either they don't have 3D or are not full HD.  Got one unit yesterday.

One negative thing is that I don't think it would work for me as my regular PC monitor - just too big as I suspected.  I'm thinking now of just building a budget HTPC, and have my current PC transferred to another room - this 32-inch monitor would be of good use as an HTPC monitor if I'm typing form a distance (from my bed that is).  With regards to picture quality, I'm not that techy enough when it comes to commenting on black levels, etc., but it is very impressive when it comes to HD viewing ... downside is that similar to my experience with other LCD/LED tv's, it is not that good on cabe tv SD channel viewing compared to my plasma tv - with my usage of mainly HD viewing, it is excellent, but if you plan to use it for SD channels, plasma is much better.

Other great features - this is my first time using a smart tv, the features are quite impressive for the price.  3D according to reviews I read is one of the best in its class.  The magic remote is also very intuitive to use - I may not be using the regular remote, and I haven't even tried the voice commands yet.

Overall it's a good purchase ... hopefully other owners of the model can share their picture settings as I havn't thinker much of that yet.
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline pektus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32LA6200 another bang for the buck tv purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014 at 03:15 PM »
bought the same model last april 29 for the same price/promo in abensons. yup, for me its the bang for buck considering its features.

i just used the expert settings wizard to setup the colors. not much an expert if selecting hue/color manually. :)

Offline robinforum

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 09:15 PM »
I've been reading articles whether to buy a real monitor or a tv to be used in the computer.  They said that monitors are better to be used in the computer - pixels being denser compared to TVs having large pixels - and are made to be used up close.  What's your take on this, guys?  I'm considering the same TV model, by the way.

Also, is there a 2014 counterpart of 32LA6200?  I asked S* App****ces, price is PHP25k.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM »
I've been reading articles whether to buy a real monitor or a tv to be used in the computer.  They said that monitors are better to be used in the computer - pixels being denser compared to TVs having large pixels - and are made to be used up close.  What's your take on this, guys?  I'm considering the same TV model, by the way.

Also, is there a 2014 counterpart of 32LA6200?  I asked S* App****ces, price is PHP25k.

same concern here before i bought this one ... no issue with screen resolution, etc. ... it is as good as PC monitors, my only problem is that it is too big, hence instead of replacing my 23-inch monitor, i just built a budget HTPC, more on movies na lang sa bedroom usage nya ... 28-inch siguro ideal na biggest size monitor - that's just me anyway

regarding the 2014 models, it looks like the equivalent models doesn't have 3D and more expensive

Offline robinforum

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 09:23 PM »
same concern here before i bought this one ... no issue with screen resolution, etc. ... it is as good as PC monitors, my only problem is that it is too big, hence instead of replacing my 23-inch monitor, i just built a budget HTPC, more on movies na lang sa bedroom usage nya ... 28-inch siguro ideal na biggest size monitor - that's just me anyway

regarding the 2014 models, it looks like the equivalent models doesn't have 3D and more expensive

Medyo malabo nga eh, diba kung newer models, better features.. What happened is backwards eh.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 09:33 PM »
Medyo malabo nga eh, diba kung newer models, better features.. What happened is backwards eh.

i agree, and this is the reason i bought this model ... i would have preferred the newer model even if a bit expensive if they have the same feature set ... only advantage of the newer models is that they are thinner than this one

Offline robinforum

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 09:45 PM »
Ahahaha I'm near to buying this dude ;) 25k though kay Suking Mall (not sure if okay magbanggit ng store dito?)..  Kay S&S wala na kasi itong model na 'to.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 09:47 PM »
Ahahaha I'm near to buying this dude ;) 25k though kay Suking Mall (not sure if okay magbanggit ng store dito?)..  Kay S&S wala na kasi itong model na 'to.

mahal ang 25k, i bought mine for 19,997 at Abenson Avant in Greenbelt

Offline jpcabangis

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2014 at 06:47 PM »
Meron ba tong Motion Interpolation (Soap Opera Effect) ?

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2014 at 08:57 AM »
Isn't the LB6200 42" a better buy at 26K?

Offline dm1179

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: Jul 07, 2014 at 01:09 PM »
Meron ba tong Motion Interpolation (Soap Opera Effect) ?
yes, meron.
...guaranteed to rock your world!

Offline dm1179

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2014 at 01:14 PM »
Isn't the LB6200 42" a better buy at 26K?
yung LB6500 ang katapat ng features ng LA6200, not the LB6200.

LB5820 (2014) = 60Hz panel, TruMotion 120Hz, Smart
LA6200 (2013) = 120Hz panel, TruMotion 120Hz, 3D, Smart
LB620B (2014) = 60Hz panel, TruMotion 120Hz, 3D
LB6200 (2014) = 120Hz panel, TruMotion 120Hz, 3D
LB6300 (2014) = 120Hz panel, TruMotion 120Hz, Smart, webOS
LB6500 (2014) = 120Hz panel, TruMotion 120Hz, 3D, Smart, webOS
...guaranteed to rock your world!