Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 553253 times)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Offseason/NBA Draft)
« Reply #60 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 12:41 PM »
Di papayag si Kobe na mamimiss nya ulit yun playoffs so malamang they bring in big name free agents this season.  BTW 2016 pick is unprotected right?

2018 pa magiging unprotected yung pick ng Lakers na binigay sa Suns. Sa 2016 and 2017, top3 protected. Pero medjo moot na nga yan kasi I doubt na magbottom 5 Lakers next season. Di papayag si Kobe na maging bottom yung Lakers.

Offline fentom

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Offseason/NBA Draft)
« Reply #61 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 12:54 PM »
Ang daming picks! Barring any injuries di naman siguro aabot sa ganun kasama record ng Lakers. Problema lang mukhang bumibigay na katawan ni Kobe. They should keep Swaggy P(ee) as insurance in case ma sideline na naman si Kobe. Di naman siguro kamahalan asking price nya

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 04:03 PM »
Ang daming picks! Barring any injuries di naman siguro aabot sa ganun kasama record ng Lakers. Problema lang mukhang bumibigay na katawan ni Kobe. They should keep Swaggy P(ee) as insurance in case ma sideline na naman si Kobe. Di naman siguro kamahalan asking price nya
sabi nga ni SwaggyP he is willing to take a hometown discount as long as he has a nice role in the Lakers' system. I really think he covets the attention he gets in LA.

Depende pa din on how the Lakers do sa free agency tsaka natin makikita if may pag-asa ba Lakers to do better than last season. ( i hope not tho! I really want Karl Towns to come to LA)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #63 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 04:13 PM »
Di papayag si Kobe na mamimiss nya ulit yun playoffs so malamang they bring in big name free agents this season.  BTW 2016 pick is unprotected right?

I believe Mitch already stated no FAs this offseason and concentrate on next year. Lakers need to win 49 games to even get the 8th seed. So Lakers more than likely will be a lottery team a second consecutive season.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 06:21 PM »
Di naman "no FAs" kasi 3 lang players ng Lakers under contract so definitely "yes FAs". You probably meant to say na Lakers wont splurge. Hopefully Mitch sticks with it and wont succumb to Kobe's whims this season. Im all for Tank part 2.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:12 PM »
Di naman "no FAs" kasi 3 lang players ng Lakers under contract so definitely "yes FAs". You probably meant to say na Lakers wont splurge. Hopefully Mitch sticks with it and wont succumb to Kobe's whims this season. Im all for Tank part 2.

Di ko naman sinabi as in "no FAs".  That is fairly obvious. Kita naman sa post ko na naka quote sabi ni fentom.....big name free agents.  Kaya nga I included the quote to avoid misinterpreting the post.  So we are smart enough to get the meaning of it.  Di na kailangan i-compose yun message like a first grader.   :D
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:30 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #66 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:26 PM »
Nice move by the CAVS to gamble on a veteran European Coach in David Blatt.
Since the NBA style has already evolved to the international style of basketball, it will be nice to see how Blatt will transform the CAVS to a contender.
Now who will he be drafting for the CAVS? Parker or Wiggins?
Btw, correct me if I'm wrong. The NBA draft will be televised live on NBA premium on Saturday June 27 7:30pm right?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:35 PM »
Since the NBA style has already evolved to the international style of basketball, it will be nice to see how Blatt will transform the CAVS to a contender.
Btw, correct me if I'm wrong. The NBA draft will be televised live on NBA premium on Saturday June 27 7:30pm right?
theres been clamor from Lakers fans to get Blatt din. they say he really knows how to get the most out of the available talent he has. hope the Cavs get on the right track already with his signing.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:38 PM by rusty »

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #69 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:39 PM »
theres been clamor from Lakers fans to get Blatt din. they say he really knows how to get the most out of the available talent he has. hope the Cavs get on the right track already with his signing.

NBA basketball is evolving so it's good for teams to gamble on new coaches rather than goin back to old school coaches.
Honestly you cant teach old dogs new tricks so new coaches means revolutionizing the new era of basketball which is mainly for the small athletic guards and forwards and no much for the BIG men coz the game now is so fast that it requires everybody to run and down the floor thus less touches for the BIG men at low post.

^^7:30 AM

http://www.solarentertainmentcorp.com/channel/news/basketballtv/A-Glimpse-at-the-Future-The-NBA-Draft-2014-1403140408

Thanks! so its 7:30 in the morning.
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:41 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 08:57 PM »
NBA basketball is evolving so it's good for teams to gamble on new coaches rather than goin back to old school coaches.
Honestly you cant teach old dogs new tricks so new coaches means revolutionizing the new era of basketball which is mainly for the small athletic guards and forwards and no much for the BIG men coz the game now is so fast that it requires everybody to run and down the floor thus less touches for the BIG men at low post.

Yup it's your proverbial low risk/high reward scenario.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 09:27 PM »
Di ko naman sinabi as in "no FAs".  That is fairly obvious. Kita naman sa post ko na naka quote sabi ni fentom.....big name free agents.  Kaya nga I included the quote to avoid misinterpreting the post.  So we are smart enough to get the meaning of it.  Di na kailangan i-compose yun message like a first grader.   :D
ah. my bad. honestly didnt read the quoted post. i just assumed you didnt know much about the lakers since youre not a fan.

Thanks! so its 7:30 in the morning.
best compliment i read about blatt- european popovich. hope he succeeds with the young Cavs.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 09:40 PM »
Quote from: Chad Ford
NBA Green Room invites:
Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Exum, Vonleh, Gordon, Randle, Smart, McDermott, Saric, Harris, Payton, Stauskas, Young, LaVine, Nurkic, Payne, Warren, Ennis, Hood, Napier. 21 total

Last person picked among the invitees? Siguro si TJ Warren o si Napier.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 10:10 PM »
Last person picked among the invitees? Siguro si TJ Warren o si Napier.
Napier for me. Small,unathletic and very low potential for improvement. I'd rather take Ennis if looking for a PG.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #74 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 10:44 PM »
June 27 is Friday, not Saturday.

Offline fentom

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jun 22, 2014 at 11:19 PM »
sabi nga ni SwaggyP he is willing to take a hometown discount as long as he has a nice role in the Lakers' system. I really think he covets the attention he gets in LA.

Depende pa din on how the Lakers do sa free agency tsaka natin makikita if may pag-asa ba Lakers to do better than last season. ( i hope not tho! I really want Karl Towns to come to LA)

Tingin ko depende kung sino ma draft nila. Though maraming butas roster nila if they get Smart or Exum or even Lavine they might go after Melo/insert big here. Kung si Randle/Vonleh/Gordon or Embiid(possible) PGs like Bledsoe kukuhanin nila. Ang maganda dyan pwede pa sila mentor ni Nash. Si Young almost given na babalik unless full tank mode na sila. Si Pau kaya gusto pa bumalik?

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 at 04:46 AM by ojofool »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/carmelo-anthony-reportedly-plans-to-end-contract-with-new-york-knicks-early-062214?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:foxsports

Bulls o raket ?
Bulls. Mas madali sa East. Heat lang malakas. Pero mas ok sana if Knicks can keep him. 2015 will be a great year for the Knicks to recruit big free agents.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM »
trivia - did u know that 'dunking' was banned for awhile before? Guess y?

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 02:27 PM »
give #7 pick incase no smart or exum
Tingin ko depende kung sino ma draft nila. Though maraming butas roster nila if they get Smart or Exum or even Lavine they might go after Melo/insert big here. Kung si Randle/Vonleh/Gordon or Embiid(possible) PGs like Bledsoe kukuhanin nila. Ang maganda dyan pwede pa sila mentor ni Nash. Si Young almost given na babalik unless full tank mode na sila. Si Pau kaya gusto pa bumalik?

if LAL can't pick Marcus Smart then it's better to give #7 pick to ORL to get Arron Afflalo.

or make gamble to get Embiid, which could be a High Risk/High Reward.

hmmm.. saan kaya punta ni Deng??????

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 02:37 PM »
coz of Kareem?

give #7 pick incase no smart or exum
if LAL can't pick Marcus Smart then it's better to give #7 pick to ORL to get Arron Afflalo.

or make gamble to get Embiid, which could be a High Risk/High Reward.

hmmm.. saan kaya punta ni Deng??????

Wag na mag Embiid. Injury prone! No thanks na din kay Afflalo. Randle/Smart/Gordon/Payton tapos sign 1year rentals. haha

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 02:41 PM »
coz of Kareem?

Wag na mag Embiid. Injury prone! No thanks na din kay Afflalo. Randle/Smart/Gordon/Payton tapos sign 1year rentals. haha

bakit naman ayaw mo kay Afflalo ?

pwedeng wingman yan at good in D... ayaw mo 18ppg :)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 02:48 PM »
bakit naman ayaw mo kay Afflalo ?

pwedeng wingman yan at good in D... ayaw mo 18ppg :)

a very small guy if gawing wingman. he played two guard mostly sa Orlando. Aside from his scoring, nothing else is impressive. nakatutok ako jan coz i had him in most of my fantasy teams. he is decent but not worth trading for #7

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 02:58 PM »
^^ so who you for trading?

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 03:08 PM »

On the contrary, I think Kobe's recovered well.  He's now playing soccer in Barcelona.  If you can play soccer, which has more leg movements than playing hoops, this means his achilles heel is feeling just fine. Hope he gets in peak form for the next season -- and finish all 82 games!
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 at 04:29 PM by mattia »

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 03:26 PM »
^^ well... hoping matapos ni Kobe nga yong 82 games... ayan na lang masaya na ako as LAL fans :)

KB24 fade away dance tingin ko not 100% but the shooting touch andyan pa yan.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #86 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 03:43 PM »

Because of Darryl Dawkins? I think he broke a lot of backboards.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 03:55 PM »
^^ so who you for trading?

7th pick? i'd rather keep it and develop the player selected. no team would be willing to help the Lakers anyway. or if i would trade it, mas ok if makakuha ng 2 picks for number 7

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 04:07 PM »
Dunking was banned in the NCAA from 1967 to 1976. Many people have attributed this to the dominance of the then-
college phenomenon Lew Alcindor (now known as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) upon his entry into the NCAA. Subsequently, the no-dunking rule is sometimes referred to as the "Lew Alcindor rule."[3][4]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slam_dunk

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 04:16 PM »
nauso na yata yung mga power tandems o trio ng mga aging no.ring stars? Ayaw matulad kina stocktontumalone sircharles?  dati build around franchise star, give support cast.
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 at 04:17 PM by ojofool »