Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 556609 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Offseason/NBA Draft)
« Reply #90 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 06:48 PM »
June 27 is Friday, not Saturday.

Thanks for the correction.

Spurs are drafting last in the 1st round. I think they will be in the hunt for a shot creator like a Ginobili coz aside from Ginobili and Parker, they dont have another one. All other players off their bench are simply long range bombers and dont dribble drive hard to the basket.
The question is will the player they be drafting be another international player?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #91 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 11:04 PM »
Thanks for the correction.

Spurs are drafting last in the 1st round. I think they will be in the hunt for a shot creator like a Ginobili coz aside from Ginobili and Parker, they dont have another one. All other players off their bench are simply long range bombers and dont dribble drive hard to the basket.
The question is will the player they be drafting be another international player?

I'm sure Buford has someone in Europe right now.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #92 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM »
^^shot creator?

Jordan Clarkson has the most unassisted rim FGs in this draft class. He could still be available at pick#30.

They'll probably pick an international player. Int'l players available at that range: Damien Inglis, Nikola Jokic, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Vasille Micic.

« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 at 11:35 PM by rusty »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #93 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 08:23 AM »
Philadelphia thought of adding a Dribbling Benjamin Franklin logo. Wut?

Looks like the Big J :)

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/6/23/5836084/the-76ers-appear-to-have-a-new-dribbling-ben-franklin-logo
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2014 at 08:41 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #94 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 08:46 AM »
@DJJazzyJody

Jazz are offering up Derrick Favors, Alec Burks and No. 5 pick to Cavs for the No. 1 selection and Jarrett Jack, according to @1280Spence.

looks like Jazz want to get their mormon boy Jabari

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #95 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM »
excited na ko sa friday. marami kayang draft day deals?

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #96 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 11:16 AM »

What does religion have to do with it? With Embiid injured, Parker is becoming the consensus number 1 pick.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 11:27 AM »
Parker seems to prefer to be picked by the Bucks.  ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM »
uhm. a lot? clearly it would be a great benefit for their community to have a fellow mormon as their franchise player.

"becoming the consensus number 1 pick"

--- there will never be a consensus #1 this year.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/14mockdraft?cid=TW

@ rusty

wouldnt trust Chad Ford. Not when he has Napier so high at 15th with a Hawks team filled with PGs. They have 4 pgs and how can they not be sold on Jeff Teague after his showing against the Pacers last playoffs. and even so, picking Napier ahead of Ennis and Lavine?  :o
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM »
^
Dude, I didn't post the mock because I trusted Chad Ford  ;D

About Napier, I think there's a legit buzz about him because of his strong tournament showing, he even received a green room invite. I'm not that high on him but I can certainly see a team getting picked around 22 - 25.

Patric Young at #30? -- so silly.

Ennis is in my top 10 but I can definitely see him sliding because a lot of teams are set at the PG slot.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 12:17 PM »
^
Dude, I didn't post the mock because I trusted Chad Ford  ;D

About Napier, I think there's a legit buzz about him because of his strong tournament showing, he even received a green room invite. I'm not that high on him but I can certainly see a team getting picked around 22 - 25.

Patric Young at #30? -- so silly.

Ennis is in my top 10 but I can definitely see him sliding because a lot of teams are set at the PG slot.

haha it's silly that insider subscribers are handed with Chad Ford's comedic mock drafts.

As for Napier, it's probably just the Chalmers effect. He is a senior guard with zero upside. late 1st to early 2nd round sounds ok for him. Pwedeng glue guy siguro.

And yeah, Patric Young pa sa Spurs. Buford would be insulted

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM »
uhm. a lot? clearly it would be a great benefit for their community to have a fellow mormon as their franchise player.

"becoming the consensus number 1 pick"

--- there will never be a consensus #1 this year.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/14mockdraft?cid=TW

Being a Mormon is more of a plus.  But not the deciding factor.  If the Jazz are pursuing Parker, it's because he the most NBA ready player in the draft.  Being a Mormon is just an added bonus.  Even the Bucks, Magic and the Sixers are trying to initiate a trade with the Cavs for the number 1 pick presumably to draft Parker.  And it isn't because of his religion. 

Parker is indeed being considered as the number 1 pick by most mock drafts after Embiid got injured. Or at least undoubtedly the most NBA ready prospect.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft/expert/gary-parrish
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2099551-2014-nba-mock-draft-jonathan-wassermans-final-2-round-predictions/page/2
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2014 at 12:39 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM »
Being a Mormon is more of a plus.  But not the deciding factor.  If the Jazz are pursuing Parker, it's because he the most NBA ready player in the draft.  Being a Mormon is just an added bonus.  Even the Bucks, Magic and the Sixers are trying to initiate a trade with the Cavs for the number 1 pick presumably to draft Parker.  And it isn't because of his religion. 

Parker is indeed being considered as the number 1 pick by most mock drafts after Embiid got injured. Or at least undoubtedly the most NBA ready prospect.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft/expert/gary-parrish
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2099551-2014-nba-mock-draft-jonathan-wassermans-final-2-round-predictions/page/2

nowhere did I say that being a Mormon was the only reason the Jazz wanted him. my statement was so simple.

as to the links you provided, even that gary parrish guy said this "To be clear, I disagree with the pick; like I said, I'd take Wiggins No. 1. "

there is no consensus #1. you can switch Wiggins and Jabari and you'd still come out like you picked 1st overall.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 01:06 PM »
nowhere did I say that being a Mormon was the only reason the Jazz wanted him. my statement was so simple.

as to the links you provided, even that gary parrish guy said this "To be clear, I disagree with the pick; like I said, I'd take Wiggins No. 1. "

there is no consensus #1. you can switch Wiggins and Jabari and you'd still come out like you picked 1st overall.

Yup I read naman your post.  I agree it was simple...

My reply was also simple and is solely based in the quoted post.  I agree the post didn't reveal any other redeemig factor to draft Parker.  Hence the reply.

In terms of talent, no clear cut number 1 yes.  But the thing is the Cavs are selecting number 1 where they bungled the same selection last year.  It's debatable who the better player is between Parker and Wiggins.  But Parker being widely considered number 1 is more of the Cavs not embarrassing themselves and selecting the safer pick.... not necessarily the better or even the wiser pick.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 01:15 PM »
excited na ko sa friday. marami kayang draft day deals?

with the draft being so deep unlike last  year's, possible na madaming trades.

In terms of talent, no clear cut number 1 yes.  But the thing is the Cavs are selecting number 1 where they bungled the same selection last year.  It's debatable who the better player is between Parker and Wiggins.  But Parker being widely considered number 1 is more of the Cavs not embarrassing themselves and selecting the safer pick.... not necessarily the better or even the wiser pick.

yep, safer pick si Jabari. Good luck to him if he lands on that awful franchise. As for Wiggins, other teams will just have to wait until his contract ends with Milwaukee (if he goes #2)

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 03:08 PM »
Pau+Jordan Hill to MIA..... Lebron to LAL

wala lang hehehe

ok take as a joke.. abang abang

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #106 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 03:15 PM »
A new coach in Blatt, young players in Irving, Waiters, Bennett and most likely Parker, I can sense the CAVS on the rise again.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 425
« Reply #107 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 05:57 PM »
A new coach in Blatt, young players in Irving, Waiters, Bennett and most likely Parker, I can sense the CAVS on the rise again.

Plus, Baka sakali lang....  ;)

Home sweet home? Web post by LeBron’s wife fuels speculation of Cavs return
http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/home-sweet-home-web-post-by-lebrons-wife-fuels-speculation-of-cavs-return

MIAMI – An Instagram posting by the wife of NBA superstar LeBron James has fanned talk that the Miami Heat playmaker will take his talents back to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James, who grew up near Cleveland and played for the Cavaliers until departing for Miami as a free agent in 2010, could opt out of his contract with Miami this week and test free agency again.

Savannah James, who is pregnant with the couple’s third child, posted a photo of a map of the outline of the state of Ohio late Sunday night with a star on the city of Akron, James’ hometown, and the caption: “Home sweet home!! The countdown is real! #330.”
The hashtag 330 refers to the telephone area code for Akron, which is only about a 40-minute drive south of Cleveland.

Whether or not it was a hint that James might be leaving Miami for Cleveland, the message added fuel to the idea that James might leave the Heat after taking Miami to the past four NBA Finals, winning two titles.

James reached his first NBA Finals with Cleveland in 2007, but the Cavaliers were swept by San Antonio, the same team that beat Miami in the NBA Finals earlier this month.

In 2010, James announced his decision to leave Cleveland for Miami on a television special, taking less than the maximum possible salary to allow the Heat to sign Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh and telling fans that he hoped to win six or more titles as part of the “Big Three.”

Fans in Cleveland were upset, some burning replicas of his jersey in protest of his move, feeling their loyalty to a local hero since his high school days had been betrayed.

James is a four-time NBA Most Valuable Player and was the NBA Finals Most Valuable Player in 2012 and 2013 when Miami lifted the league championshjiop trophy.

James must declare his free agency by the end of the month. He can resign with the Heat, who would under NBA salary cap rules be able to offer more money than any other club.

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #108 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 09:45 PM »
lebron opts out. "the decision" part 2?

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #109 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 10:00 PM »
leave or stay i'm with the Heat!

Offline tifosi_pao

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 11:42 PM »
Great...more ammo for the haters hehe :D

My guess? Will still end up in the heat, new 5yr contract :)

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #111 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM »
time for the lakeshow to make their pitch!  ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM »

Coming from a lottery season, no head coach, Kobe coming off an injury, no bench, only 3 players on the roster, seemingly no direction or any plan of action..... that should be one enormous pitch.   ;D

Offline XanderCage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #113 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM »
hey a laker fan can wish. hehe.

wala din naman direction yung heat nuon when they only had wade as their star. kaya nga rebuild eh.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM »
hey a laker fan can wish. hehe.

wala din naman direction yung heat nuon when they only had wade as their star. kaya nga rebuild eh.

Nope Riley already had a plan in place.  He was already restructuring salaries way back then to accommodate 3 big name players.  And one of his targets was already Lebron.  Riley was accused pa nga of tampering.  Negotiations with Lebron and Bosh most likely happened when they got together on Team USA with Wade.

Offline HD_MOVIES

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:31 AM »
James opt out. Abangan! Big 4? :D

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #116 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:36 AM »
Great...more ammo for the haters hehe :D

unahan ko na boss: :)

This stuff is hard," Riley said. "And you got to stay together, if you got the guts. And you don't find the first door and run out of it if you have an opportunity. "

still pat riley "we came back in '85 and we got 'em, we got 'em good. In 1988, when we got Detroit and Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar] hit that phantom sky hook foul, he had to make the two free throws. He didn't choke. He did not choke on the free throws. He had to make them. He made them. And that led us to a seventh game and a win. But the next year, Detroit came back and swept us. What happened last year with San Antonio? Did they run? They faced it."

the greatest....ring shopping? o' cmmmmnnnnn! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WCH CM U?

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:48 AM »
95% of the heat fan base just opted out too

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Offseason/NBA Draft)
« Reply #118 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:58 AM »
the only pitch Mitch can give is to show Kobe's ridiculously ginormous contract and tell Lebron that the Lakers take care of their players by rewarding them with fat contracts even if they're past their prime already.

if they only waited for Kobe's contract to expire, they would have plenty more cap space now.

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #119 on: Jun 25, 2014 at 12:58 AM »
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.