Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 555852 times)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions
« on: Jun 17, 2014 at 08:54 AM »
With the end of the 2013-2014 season, let's start a new discussion for the upcoming 2014-2015 season. Here's a mock draft from http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2094107-2014-nba-mock-draft-latest-projections-for-every-1st-round-pick

posting the top 10 only:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: Joel Embiid, C, Kansas

Embiid presents Cleveland its best chance to finally make its way out of the lottery.

With Kyrie Irving already in place as a franchise point guard, the Cavs need to get a two-way big man to build around. Embiid's 7'0" frame and massive wingspan will allow him to be an imposing rim-protector from Day 1, and his fluid movements should help him strengthen his already strong post-up game.

2. Milwaukee Bucks: Jabari Parker, SF, Duke

The Bucks have Larry Sanders to anchor the interior D and are hoping Giannis Antetokounmpo grows into a shutdown wing defender.

In terms of the offensive end, Milwaukee still needs a go-to guy, and Parker is the best this class has to offer as a primary scorer. He can create his own shot, score inside at will and knock down threes—a combination that will give his fellow Bucks more room to operate as defenses shift to stop Parker.

3. Philadelphia 76ers: Andrew Wiggins, SF, Kansas

Given Philly's frenetic offensive pace, it's going to need to rebuild around athletes who can excel in transition.

Wiggins' half-court offense is still developing, but he'll immediately cause havoc for opposing defenses when the Sixers get out on the break. His speed and athleticism will also give Philly's perimeter defense a nice boost, which will help Michael Carter-Williams develop with some help around him.

4. Orlando Magic: Dante Exum, PG, Australia

Orlando needs to surround Victor Oladipo with supplementary ball-handlers as he grows into a professional point guard, and Exum has exactly the skill set to pair with him.

Though Exum also isn't prepared to run an NBA offense yet, he's 6'6" and a stellar athlete with the off-the-bounce skills to break down defenses and get to the rim. He'll give the Magic a dynamic two-point guard offense without sacrificing size on the other end.

5. Utah Jazz: Julius Randle, PF, Kentucky 

Enes Kanter hasn't panned out as a frontcourt partner with Derrick Favors, so Utah is going to have to pivot and get a more capable scoring forward.

Randle's brute-strength post-up game jumps out at you first, but he actually has a nicely varied offensive arsenal. In addition to backing down his defenders to score at the rim, he can face up and either drive past his man or beat him with a mid-range jumper.

6. Boston Celtics: Noah Vonleh, PF, Indiana

Considering Boston just spent the past season with the earthbound Jared Sullinger as its center, the Celtics could use some length and leaping ability inside.

That's where Vonleh comes in. He has the physical makeup to defend the rim nicely once he adds a bit more muscle, and he already has the jumper to help Boston space the floor on offense to make room for Rajon Rondo drives.

7. Los Angeles Lakers: Marcus Smart, PG, Oklahoma State

As Kobe Bryant ages, the Lakers are going to need someone else to take a share of the ball-handling duties.

Smart is a capable distributor who can use his speed and strength to get past guards and make plays inside the arc. Working with Kobe should help Smart work out the kinks in his jump shot, and Smart will make life easier for Bryant by guarding the other team's most threatening scorer.

8. Sacramento Kings: Doug McDermott, SF, Creighton

With Rudy Gay hitting free agency this summer, Sacramento is going to need a new wing scorer.

McDermott won't be able to score inside quite as well as Gay, but he'll be an even more complete offensive player. Between his deadly three-point shooting and his pull-ups when he takes defenders off the dribble, he'll be able to produce while spacing the floor around DeMarcus Cousins.

9. Charlotte Hornets (via Detroit): Nik Stauskas, SG, Michigan

Speaking of balancing the offense, the former Bobcats will need to surround Al Jefferson with some more shooting.

Not only will Stauskas be a great three-point option, but he has the athletic ability to put the ball on the floor and get into the lane when the defense plays him too closely. Between him and Kemba Walker, the Hornets are going to be dangerous.

10. Philadelphia 76ers (via New Orleans): Aaron Gordon, PF, Arizona

Wiggins will help Philly stop opposing wings, but it will still need help inside.

Once again, Gordon will be particularly useful to the Sixers because of his ability to get out and run on the break, but his biggest impact will be how he uses his physical gifts defensively. His quickness, hops and wingspan will let him compile strips and blocks in bunches, making the paint a more treacherous area for Philly foes.

From CBS

sana walang pikon/bitter Heat fans dito ha
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2015 at 09:38 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (Offseason/NBA Draft)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 09:04 AM »
si Embiid na lang sana kunin ng Cavs. mukhang bagay sila ni Irving, may Deng na din kasi sila e, tapos kung babalik si Lebron sa kanila.masasayang lang si Parker o si Wiggins.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 09:06 AM »
Yep, the forward spot is the least of their concern. Embiid would be the best choice for them. Sana lang healthy si Embiid. That back injury makes him a risky pick. Pero mahirap tanggihan ang 7ft center na athletic and skilled.

Offline fentom

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 09:26 AM »
Hope the Suns can get Staukas or Harris. Or may mag fall sana kina Gordon/Randle/Vonleh. Ayaw ko kay Lavine/Saric/Payne. Mukhang future busts mga to

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 09:41 AM »
Di kaya parang Adam Morrison lang tong si Staukas pagdating sa NBA? Projected to be picked by the Hornets pa naman siya. The same team that picked Morrison. As for Lavine in Phoenix, they don't really need him. Kawawa lang batang yan dun kasi di magagamit at di madedevelop. Project player pa naman. Pero baka naman pwede siyang turuan ni Gerald Green ng life lessons. haha

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM »
Actually Staukas reminds me more of JJ Redick.  Under the right system, he can be an above average rotational player.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 10:57 AM »
si Embiid na lang sana kunin ng Cavs. mukhang bagay sila ni Irving, may Deng na din kasi sila e, tapos kung babalik si Lebron sa kanila.masasayang lang si Parker o si Wiggins.

Unrestricted FA si Deng, and he hated playing for the CAVS. Di na babalik yan, unless the market for him turns dry.

Di rin ako naniniwala sa Lebron to Cavs media hype. Not gonna happen.

The Cavs have more pressing needs in the SF position, but I still think that Embiid is the right pick at #1.

As for Stauskas, I like him a little bit. Unlike Mcdermott, he's only a sophomore and his improvement from freshman year is very significant. Morrison was a junior when he was drafted and had a lot of problems (diabetes, tore his ACL in his 2nd yr as a pro, mentally weak). Wala naman sigurong high-rated prospect na kasing sagwa nya sa draft na ito.

Actually Staukas reminds me more of JJ Redick.  Under the right system, he can be an above average rotational player.

Meron ding nag-cocompare sa kanya kay Ginobili.   ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM by rusty »

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 11:15 AM »
Morrison was a junior when he was drafted and had a lot of problems (diabetes, tore his ACL in his 2nd yr as a pro, mentally weak). Wala naman sigurong high-rated prospect na kasing sagwa nya sa draft na ito.

and Michael Jordan still gave the "ok" for the Bobcats to pick Morrison regardless of all those negative signs.lol

Offline ayosbathere

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM »
Yep, the forward spot is the least of their concern. Embiid would be the best choice for them. Sana lang healthy si Embiid. That back injury makes him a risky pick. Pero mahirap tanggihan ang 7ft center na athletic and skilled.

may nag balita lang sa akin nag failed daw si Physical test si Embiid sa CAVS. So may chance pick si Wiggins o Jabari Parker

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 03:18 PM »
may nag balita lang sa akin nag failed daw si Physical test si Embiid sa CAVS. So may chance pick si Wiggins o Jabari Parker

conflicting reports nga e. ESPN reporter said naman na all good physical ni Embiid pero I read sa isang forum na may nagtweet (yeah, rumors via social media. lol) na failed daw. So who knows. We'll find out next week. :D

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 03:26 PM »
^^ uu nga pala next week na :)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 07:11 PM »

I'd rather take the athletic Jabari Parker over the center Embiid.
The reason is the CAVS still has Verajao and Haws to guard the paint.
Jabari Parker can polish his offensive skills playing together with Irving and they can trade Deng for other role players who can blend with the team.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 07:57 PM »
Deng and Hawes are no longer under contract with the Cavs.  ::)

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 10:58 PM »
I read the 76ers are willing to trade #3 &#10 to get Wiggins at #1. For me that's a dumb move. This is a stacked draft class and they have a lot of holes in their roster. They can get Parker/Wiggins for #3 and Gordon or someone at #10.
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #14 on: Jun 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM »
sana si marcus smart kunin ng lakers, he seems to be the best choice for that 7th pick. that guy plays with grit and plays defense.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24590195/landscape-has-changed-for-lebron-and-the-heat

Excerpts :

While it is true that James loves Los Angeles -- who doesn't, I ask -- it is not clear whether he'd love playing with Kobe Bryant, or whether Bryant would be willing to cede his throne to a new king. But of all the convoluted superstar concoctions that are possible this summer, James and Anthony joining Bryant with the Lakers might be the most plausible -- as long as you operate from the assumption that both would be willing to take a significant pay cut to do so

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #16 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 02:04 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24590195/landscape-has-changed-for-lebron-and-the-heat

Excerpts :

While it is true that James loves Los Angeles -- who doesn't, I ask -- it is not clear whether he'd love playing with Kobe Bryant, or whether Bryant would be willing to cede his throne to a new king. But of all the convoluted superstar concoctions that are possible this summer, James and Anthony joining Bryant with the Lakers might be the most plausible -- as long as you operate from the assumption that both would be willing to take a significant pay cut to do so

The last time I checked there's only 1 ball used in a game :)
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #17 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 02:06 AM »
clippers na lang... huwag lang sa lakers :)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #18 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 05:46 AM »

Excerpts :

Even if LBJ is a pass first type of player, I doubt if this would work.  Kobe and Melo are both isolation heavy and volume scorers.what works with LBJ are mike miller and ray allen type of players who are shooters from anywhere on the floor. 
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline XanderCage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #19 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 05:47 AM »

so is an all star game and the olympics, they can make it work.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 07:52 AM »
Deng and Hawes are no longer under contract with the Cavs.  ::)

Well they can resign Haws, let go Deng and draft a wingman in Parker.
CAVS gona be an exciting team to watch with Parker and Irving on the floor.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 08:20 AM »
Parker is not as athletic as Wiggins. More on finesse si Parker ala Paul Pierce. Not that exciting but still nice to watch. Polished offensive game e

Offline ayosbathere

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 08:24 AM »

rumors around was this between MIA and Clips.. LBJ6 and BG32

huwag naman sana matuloy sa LA kung hindi lang sa Lakers mapupunta... Before I hate Lebron but now It's different, lakers need this kind of talent the #1 basketball player nowadays.

Offline fentom

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 08:42 AM »
Top 5 pick protected yun pick ng Lakers next year na nasa SUNS di ba? I hope they improve but not significantly hehe

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 08:53 AM »
Even if LBJ is a pass first type of player, I doubt if this would work.  Kobe and Melo are both isolation heavy and volume scorers.what works with LBJ are mike miller and ray allen type of players who are shooters from anywhere on the floor. 

Too many superstars actually ruin the Lakers.  Remember Shaq, Kobe, Malone and Payton?  And oh, Howard, Nash Kobe too.  Didn't win.  But as LBJ said, the landscape of the NBA is changing.  Who knows, maybe a 6th ring for Kobe, 1 for Carmelo, 4th for LBJ and possibly a passing of baton from KB24 ( retire ) to LBJ6 as the new face of the Lakers ::)
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2014 at 08:55 AM by mattia »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #25 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 09:00 AM »
so is an all star game and the olympics, they can make it work.

Totally different scenario.  The Olympics, you play for pride.  The NBA you play for stats, accolades and most of all you play for the millions that follow.  Would Lebron and Melo carry the heavy lifting for the Lakers only to get paid about half of what Kobe is making while contributing less?  Money is still a very important factor in making decisions on where to play in the NBA.

Offline HD_MOVIES

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 09:43 AM »
Top5 03 batch in one team. I wish. :D

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #27 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM »
Patty Mills will surely get a lot of offers.. wish him the best..
The Pats way...

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM »
Well they can resign Haws, let go Deng and draft a wingman in Parker.
CAVS gona be an exciting team to watch with Parker and Irving on the floor.

Pwede rin, Parker is a reasonable pick.

When they renounce Deng's bird rights, they also have ample cap space to field substantial offers to RFAs like Monroe, Hayward, Bledsoe, Parsons etc. There's some intriguing possibilities with the CAVS this year.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jun 18, 2014 at 04:59 PM »
Pwede rin, Parker is a reasonable pick.

When they renounce Deng's bird rights, they also have ample cap space to field substantial offers to RFAs like Monroe, Hayward, Bledsoe, Parsons etc. There's some intriguing possibilities with the CAVS this year.

CAVS need some scoring from the wing and to compliment Irving and Waiters game.
Parker should be their best choice as they can compensate with role players to do the dirty jobs for them inside the paint.

When Oden was drafted #1 by Portland, I knew they made a bad choice to let a very athletic Durant slip pass their hands.
I hope that lesson will be learned by the CAVS and they get the impact player over a center.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!