Author Topic: 2014-2015 NBA Season: Warriors crowned as Champions  (Read 553397 times)

Online elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NBA 2014-2015 Season (REGULAR SEASON ONGOING)
« Reply #1710 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 03:30 PM »
oo nga no travel dapat yun
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1711 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 04:08 PM »
Sources: Mavericks emerge as suitor to trade for Rajon Rondo
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--celtics-rajon-rondo-212808679.html

Air Olynyk

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #1712 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 06:10 PM »
^^ I don't think Gasol traveled because he was shooting the ball when he lifted his pivot foot?

Eto ang talagang traveling: https://vine.co/v/O6gV7hJvirX ;D
We deserve better.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1713 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 06:11 PM »
^^ I don't think Gasol traveled because he was shooting the ball when he lifted his pivot foot?

Given that move, he should have jumped with both feet.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #1714 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 06:17 PM »
Losing weight has been a big boon for Marc Gasol's game. 
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1715 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 06:18 PM »
Isn't this the same case with Monta Ellis.  Yun kay Ellis pa nga was if I recall...2 steps then jump.  Yun kay Gasol just one step then jump.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1716 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 06:22 PM »
Isn't this the same case with Monta Ellis.  Yun kay Ellis pa nga was if I recall...2 steps then jump.  Yun kay Gasol just one step then jump.

Ellis had momentum. Gasol doesn't.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1717 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 06:30 PM »
Ellis had momentum. Gasol doesn't.

Isn't momentum gained when you go on a straight path?  Ellis stopped, spun, then made a couple of steps in a different direction before launching.  Difference lang in this case, one extra step lang.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1718 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 06:35 PM »
Excerpt from the NBA rulebook. I think par. (g) applies. Don't think it's a travel because Gasol only took one more step and was taking a shot.

f. In starting a dribble after (1) receiving the ball while standing still, or (2) coming to a legal stop, the ball must be out of the player's hand before the pivot foot is raised off the floor.

g. If a player, with the ball in his possession, raises his pivot foot off the floor, he must pass or shoot before his pivot foot returns to the floor. If he drops the ball while in the air, he may not be the first to touch the ball.
We deserve better.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #1719 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 06:38 PM »
In other news...Celtics ready to part ways w/ Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green...

Hmmm...Rondo would be an upgrade for the Lakers' PG position and Jeff Green is also a considerable upgrade...

So many possibilities...

And...there's still the Brooklyn three available for trade :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1720 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 06:43 PM »
Isn't momentum gained when you go on a straight path?  Ellis stopped, spun, then made a couple of steps in a different direction before launching.  Difference lang in this case, one extra step lang.

It can be in any direction as long as you intend to lift off immediately on the second step. Gasol had his pivot on the left, moved his right here and there to get position. He jumped with his right, his pivot coming second, that's an extra step.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1721 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 07:13 PM »
It can be in any direction as long as you intend to lift off immediately on the second step. Gasol had his pivot on the left, moved his right here and there to get position. He jumped with his right, his pivot coming second, that's an extra step.

The move Gasol made is similar to the up and under move.  Sabi nga sa NBA rule book.... If a player, with the ball in his possession, raises his pivot foot off the floor, he must pass or shoot before his pivot foot returns to the floor. If he drops the ball while in the air, he may not be the first to touch the ball.

Here's a video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La2l7eCCG0A

Ang expert dyan si McHale.  Meron nga extra step.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdtgUOiWHJg

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1722 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 07:19 PM »
I know the up and under. If you'll notice, both feet leave the ground at the same time. Kay Gasol, nauna yung non-pivot foot.

Try Gasol's move, it's really awkward.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1723 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 07:30 PM »
I know the up and under. If you'll notice, both feet leave the ground at the same time. Kay Gasol, nauna yung non-pivot foot.

Try Gasol's move, it's really awkward.

For the up and under move, both feet don't leave the floor at the same time.  That's the jump hook.  McHale uses the pivot foot to move, sets the non-pivot foot to launch, then lifts the pivot foot second.  Nandun sa first video, it was explained na talagang may extra step but is not traveling.  Then yun second video si McHale, take notice when he uses the up and under move to score under the basket....yun he positions himself at one side, makes the up and under move but scores on the opposite side.  He can't do that w/o taking an extra step.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1724 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 07:36 PM »
For the up and under move, both feet don't leave the floor at the same time.  That's the jump hook.  McHale uses the pivot foot to move, sets the non-pivot foot to launch, then lifts the pivot foot second.  Nandun sa first video, it was explained na talagang may extra step but is not traveling.  Then yun second video si McHale, take notice when he uses the up and under move to score under the basket....yun he positions himself at one side, makes the up and under move but scores on the opposite side.  He can't do that w/o taking an extra step.

Wala talagang travelling hangga't nakalapat ang pivot foot. Kapag umangat ang pivot at nakalapat pa rin ang non-pivot, travel na yun, like what Gasol did.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1725 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 07:42 PM »
Wala talagang travelling hangga't nakalapat ang pivot foot. Kapag umangat ang pivot at nakalapat pa rin ang non-pivot, travel na yun, like what Gasol did.

Watch the video bro.  Naka explain dun.  You can plant the non-pivot foot and lift the pivot foot basta you are already going up for the shot.  But you must have already released the ball before the pivot foot hits the floor.  Naka explain dun, no traveling violation.  Talagang inemphasize the point about traveling. 

Gasol planted his pivot foot, set the non-pivot then lifted the pivot but he took the shot.  He released the ball before the pivot landed on the floor...no travel as explained sa video.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1726 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 07:54 PM »
^I play ball, so the video won't help much :)

Also, it is very clear Gasol was going for an up and under, hindi lang natuloy kasi naipit yung non-pivot nya. kaya naunang umangat yung pivot.

I can already think of several variations of what you're trying to say. Pro ni isa, hindi ko pa nakitang ginawa sa game.

Try this. Left foot pivot. Right foot crosses left, lift using right foot, propel yourself to the left away from the defender using left pivot, then shoot while up in the air. Travel yun.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1727 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 08:02 PM »
^I play ball, so the video won't help much :)

Also, it is very clear Gasol was going for an up and under, hindi lang natuloy kasi naipit yung non-pivot nya. kaya naunang umangat yung pivot.

I can already think of several variations of what you're trying to say. Pro ni isa, hindi ko pa nakitang ginawa sa game.

Try this. Left foot pivot. Right foot crosses left, lift using right foot, propel yourself to the left away from the defender using left pivot, then shoot while up in the air. Travel yun.

I play ball too bro....both pick up games every Sat and office tournaments and sa Ateneo alumni league every January (ABL).  The move you are describing.... yes nagagawa ko yan.  As a matter of fact I'm left-handed.  Madali lang yun move na yun kasi for left-handed shooters, you use the right foot to leave the floor kasi yun left foot mo nakaangat na.   :D  Normal lang yun for lefties.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1728 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 08:16 PM »
E di palitan natin since left-handed ka :) Replace all the right with lefts and vice versa. Same move. Just try it, kahit dyan lang sa workstation mo. It's really awkward.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1729 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 08:21 PM »
E di palitan natin since left-handed ka :) Replace all the right with lefts and vice versa. Same move. Just try it, kahit dyan lang sa workstation mo. It's really awkward.

Hahaha! Mas mahirap kasi what hand you use, you leave the floor with the opposite foot.  Pero either left or right handed, basta the NBA rules state that you can lift your pivot foot as long as you are already getting rid of the ball.  But for it not to be called a travel, you must have already released the ball before the pivot foot lands on the floor. 

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #1730 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 08:30 PM »
Just saw the Harden highlights against denver. He is bad ass!!

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1731 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 08:33 PM »
Hahaha! Mas mahirap kasi what hand you use, you leave the floor with the opposite foot.  Pero either left or right handed, basta the NBA rules state that you can lift your pivot foot as long as you are already getting rid of the ball.  But for it not to be called a travel, you must have already released the ball before the pivot foot lands on the floor. 

I won't argue anymore :) Pa-try na lang sa upcoming league nyo. It is a very effective move to get away from your defender, yet no one's using it.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1732 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 08:42 PM »
that gasol move was not a travel. mas travel pa yung kay Ellis.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1733 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 08:47 PM »
I won't argue anymore :) Pa-try na lang sa upcoming league nyo. It is a very effective move to get away from your defender, yet no one's using it.

Pang desperate move kasi yun shot.  But yun footwork na ganun, when you play...panisinin mo mga lefties.  When facing the basket, left foot madalas yun pivot ng lefties.  And if it's a running shot, right foot ang ginagamit to leave the floor.  If there's a height advantage, I post up sa left block when facing the basket.  Then I use my right pivot to get off a left jump hook.  But pag kumagat yun defender, I take an extra step using the left foot by the baseline, lift my pivot and jump using my left foot  to lay the ball in.
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2014 at 09:05 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline Tha_Mann

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #1734 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM »
if amateur rules, I think travel yun. pero sa NBA ang daming ganung moves na hindi tinatawagan ng travel, like the crab dribble hehe

Offline DaSilva

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #1735 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM »
They hardly call traveling in the NBA. Not these days, not in the old days. Ewing and Mourning often traveled going to the basket. Duncan gets away with it too. Kareem in their last few championship seasons traveled in the post. MJ's quick post pivot toward a drive, Reggie on many jumpers, etc., all traveling.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #1736 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 11:51 PM »
mas travelling pa yung kay ellis. yung kay gasol left foot pivot was planted before the shot so hindi siya travelling.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1737 on: Dec 19, 2014 at 07:30 AM »
Adrian Wojnarowksi reports that Rondo has been traded to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, a 2015 first-round pick and a future second-rounder.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--celtics-deal-rajon-rondo-to-mavs-231537852.html

Solid first five for Dallas (Rondo, Ellis, Parsons, Dirk and Tyson Chandler). Interesting backcourt... wonder whose stats in the backcourt will suffer from a fantasy perspective :)
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2014 at 07:32 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1738 on: Dec 19, 2014 at 08:48 AM »
I can see Ellis benefiting from the Mavs' acquisition of Rondo in terms of efficiency on the offensive end.  Mababawasan yun mga 3 for 15 games ni Ellis.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #1739 on: Dec 19, 2014 at 09:03 AM »
Haven't seen Rondo play in a while.  Not sure if trading off Brandan Wright was a good move. Still as a Mavs supporter, I hope this gives them the boost needed to ensure a playoff spot in the very tough western conference.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL