Author Topic: Anyone heard this speakers from abroad? Need advice. newbie hear...  (Read 9183 times)

Offline Gabsilog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fluance SX6 Bookshelf speaker? from canada

Micca Mb42x bookshelf speaker? from taiwan

2nd generation Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers?

How does these speaks sound compared to your other gears(please wlang "bright" lng o "warm" description, sna may sound imaging, detail, inherent graininess, sound dispersion, tubular sounding ba?, tunog lata, bote, plastic? and what not.. etc. etc. . . prang s pagkain kase, kung maalat lng o matamis ung mgging bsehan, edi kumain n lng tayo ng asin o kaya asukal? syang ung spice, food preparation technique etc. etc. . . ndi ko ata mhulin ung point. haha. bsta sorry sa kakulitan, krmihan ksi ng mga nabasa ko dito s pinoydvd halos gnun, bright, warm.  gusto ko lng tlga malmn ng buo. sorry)?

How did you set it up? what amp, what dac? 

Please I really need to know. . . Thank you. Please be kind.  :-[

"Kaya ikick man ako sa mga kadahilanang gramatiko ng moderator dito wala akong pake."

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:

2nd generation Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers?

How does these speaks sound compared to your other gears(please wlang "bright" lng o "warm" description, sna may sound imaging, detail, inherent graininess, sound dispersion, tubular sounding ba?, tunog lata, bote, plastic? and what not.. etc. etc. . . prang s pagkain kase, kung maalat lng o matamis ung mgging bsehan, edi kumain n lng tayo ng asin o kaya asukal? syang ung spice, food preparation technique etc. etc. . . ndi ko ata mhulin ung point. haha. bsta sorry sa kakulitan, krmihan ksi ng mga nabasa ko dito s pinoydvd halos gnun, bright, warm.  gusto ko lng tlga malmn ng buo. sorry)?

How did you set it up? what amp, what dac? 

Please I really need to know. . . Thank you. Please be kind.  :-[

Ikaw mga kakasagot sa tanong mo...wala nang iba, kaya kaya tayo ng taste,...as for the speakers you mentioned I cannot comment Hindi kasi familiar sakin sorry,...
PAS - Philippine Audio Society - VM PasiguenIYO

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 888
Audition is needed. Hard to rely on what what others think since we all have our preferences.

Are you starting from scratch and building a system from the ground up? How big is your room? Desired SPL? Type of music? Budget? Type of software? Those factors considered will lead you to a certain level or tier of equipment and you can work from there. Most brands are here in the country already ready to be auditioned. Reading from the net is a start but you get more progress in your audio journey if you audition. Stores or members set ups...it doesn't matter. People here will help you out in what direction you want to take.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
Ikaw mga kakasagot sa tanong mo...wala nang iba, kaya kaya tayo ng taste,...as for the speakers you mentioned I cannot comment Hindi kasi familiar sakin sorry,...
Yeap, I know, gusto ko lng mlmn kung tutugma s mgging impression ko. Sadly ndi ko nga yan maaudition dito ksi s abroad nga sila. Wala dito. Gusto ko lng makirinig ng opinions s mga kapwa ko pinoy. Real opinions. Knya kanya nga tayo ng taste, I know, pero it's not a hindrance to have a generally acceptable standard diba of what good sound could mean? :)
"Kaya ikick man ako sa mga kadahilanang gramatiko ng moderator dito wala akong pake."

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
Audition is needed. Hard to rely on what what others think since we all have our preferences.

Are you starting from scratch and building a system from the ground up? How big is your room? Desired SPL? Type of music? Budget? Type of software? Those factors considered will lead you to a certain level or tier of equipment and you can work from there. Most brands are here in the country already ready to be auditioned. Reading from the net is a start but you get more progress in your audio journey if you audition. Stores or members set ups...it doesn't matter. People here will help you out in what direction you want to take.
Wla ksi yng mga yan dito. That is the conundrum.  As per reading them ksi nacurious ako about there popularity in the US. The miccas sell at 5k including shipping, The pioneers for 8k, and fluance for 8k din approx. Gusto ko lng malmn if someone has heard them here. :) nkapag audi n ako ng tannoys (ung s SM lng. haha. ), pioneer, missions, infinity,.. Just starting out. Sadly my budget is 10k only s ngayon. But that's stretching a lot. I'm starting from scratch, creative lng speaker ko from my college days. haha. Ayun, i need a general concensus, in a sense that what should the majority of people says good, should be, in my limited knowledge, will be good as well in my opinion.  ^-^

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
10K for speakers only? Or is it for the whole lot (front end to speakers)? If it's for the speakers only that price point has a lot to offer. No need to get one that's classified unobtanium here locally. If for the whole set up it can be workable however if the upgrade big hits you then be prepared to take a huge hit if and when you resell those components.

Had I known better when I started out I would begin my journey with the B&W302 powered by an integrated amp be it SS. Or tube. That set up alone in the right room is a killer.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
10K for speakers only? Or is it for the whole lot (front end to speakers)? If it's for the speakers only that price point has a lot to offer. No need to get one that's classified unobtanium here locally. If for the whole set up it can be workable however if the upgrade big hits you then be prepared to take a huge hit if and when you resell those components.

Had I known better when I started out I would begin my journey with the B&W302 powered by an integrated amp be it SS. Or tube. That set up alone in the right room is a killer.
Where can you buy the B@W302 here? Where to audition? How much?  ^-^

Offline synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Sadly it has been discontinued since 2000 I think but good for you there is a pair in the marketplace. Just use the search option and it will lead you there. It remains one of the most coveted models that came out of the B&W stable to this day. Good luck.
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2014 at 04:52 PM by synchro_01 »
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
Tnx.  ^-^

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:

haven't heard or seen this in our local audio/video shops kaya more or less majority of the members here haven't heard them.

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
if your budget for a pair is 10k brand new,  and looking for so much,( good imaging, detailed, ex PRAT etc etc) then youll be dissapointed. might best searching pre loved at the marketplace. sa tingin ko kse majority of the speakers are directly propotional sa price nila. pag ganda, pag mahal! pag maganda at bentang adik, ewan ko lang kung maunahan mo yung mga resident sharks ng pdvd
WCH CM U?

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Yup, locally is your best bet. Pag nag import ka pa lalo kang walang makukuha sa alloted budget. Baka kasi sa shipping mapunta more than half of it. The rest sa tax.... Hehehe

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
Sir suggestion lang HTIB, meron ang Samsung naka tube na...na audition ko na ok naman...

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
if your budget for a pair is 10k brand new,  and looking for so much,( good imaging, detailed, ex PRAT etc etc) then youll be dissapointed. might best searching pre loved at the marketplace. sa tingin ko kse majority of the speakers are directly propotional sa price nila. pag ganda, pag mahal! pag maganda at bentang adik, ewan ko lang kung maunahan mo yung mga resident sharks ng pdvd
Ou. Tama ka sir. Sir iterate ko lng, I'm not looking so much for anything. Gusto ko lng "bang for buck" tlga ksi this will be my first purchase. Pra magkaroon lng ako ng unshakable basis next purchase ng totoo tlgang audio equipment. And Ang dillema ko lng din ksi, ung mga nabanggit ko n speaks might just be the answer sa problema n yn, kso nga abroad, so I'm collecting opinions here about them. . . Just want to swim first sa pinaka ilalim n putikan ng price bracket. . .Ksi, embarrasing as it is, it's hard for me to come by with money, tlgang pawis at dugo bgo ko mapagipunan ang halanggng 10k n yn(sorry for not mentioning this earlier), so hope you understand the cheapness in me. . Pero lm ko I'm not being realistic din. hehe. Pero I'm slowly learning. Thank you sa mga katulad niyong pvders n hndng sumgot s mga baguhan. Thanks sa response! :)

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
Sir suggestion lang HTIB, meron ang Samsung naka tube na...na audition ko na ok naman...
Tube? Magkano sir? Saan? Anung model? Check ko din. . . :)

Offline mykel18

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Yung 10k ba sir is for speaker lang? A pair of bookshelf speaker?  Or 5.1 na? :)
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 at 05:46 PM by mykel18 »
HT: JBL | A&D | Denon | LG
Audio: Naim | DeVore Fidelity | Roksan | Dynavector

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
Floor stander sana. Gusto ko ksi mlkas minsan. Mhilig din ako s EDM eh. Any suggestions? Bka I'll pull the trigger nlng dun s mga nabanggit ko. Bahala na. I'll trust the reviews online nlng siguro? No clue. They're being compared ksi sa 2x higher priced branded speaks e. Nkktempt tlga.  :-\
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 at 06:01 PM by Gabsilog »

Offline mykel18

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Anyone heard this speakers from abroad? Need advice. newbie hear...
« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2014 at 08:18 PM »
At your budget sir mahirap magsuggest. Best is to wait for a good deal sa marketplace natin.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Kung 10k ang budget...konti lanag naman ung option mo..huwag mo na pahirapan ung sarili mo..kung bnew kunin mo na ung type mo na crown...
Here 's my suggestion...
Wharfdale 10.1
Psb alpha b1
Rti a1 or a3

Dagdag budget

Dynaudio audience 42
Psb b6

Floorstander ang type mo pala...hmmm... Baka ung diamond 9 na fs

Iwasan mo rin ung text speak
..mababait naman ung mga tao dito...ung mga post mo sa ibat ibang thread mo medyo sarcastic din on someways....chill lang...no offensement...
Love me or hate me.....

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
hahaha..naka kt88 naba? (",)

At your budget sir mahirap magsuggest. Best is to wait for a good deal sa marketplace natin.
hindi pede sis..magsuggest ka
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 at 08:30 PM by raider125jeigh »
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
Kung 10k ang budget...konti lanag naman ung option mo..huwag mo na pahirapan ung sarili mo..kung bnew kunin mo na ung type mo na crown...
Here 's my suggestion...
Wharfdale 10.1
Psb alpha b1
Rti a1 or a3

Dagdag budget

Dynaudio audience 42
Psb b6

Floorstander ang type mo pala...hmmm... Baka ung diamond 9 na fs

Iwasan mo rin ung text speak
..mababait naman ung mga tao dito...ung mga post mo sa ibat ibang thread mo medyo sarcastic din on someways....chill lang...no offensement...
Iwasan ko magtext speak? pero the problem is I don't know what is that. Ahh. ayun s google search "shortening words, adding number, blah blah, " E ur shortening words din e. Haha. IMO, IIRC, LOL. ung mga ganyan? To each one his own n lng dude ksi wln rin tayong mapapala kung mag tuturuan tayo about how to properly communicate, kung jejemon o anu pa man, it will be futile and just diverts what is the topic on hand. IIRC madali lng nmn maggoogle search kung may di tayo naintindiahn diba n text speach? ^-^  Does this forum bars those kinds of comments? Mlmang hinde. Ang daming nagttext speak dito e! haha. XD About the sarcasm, can you cite me? As far as I remember I turn to sarcasm when I was being attacked. like ngayon. "kunin mo n ung type mo n crown". Npakinggan mo n ba yun dude? If not, I would not be in a mood to follow suite with your suggestions that is not confounded with proper observations. The motivations, if I'm right, was with the irritation with my incessant comments about the merits of the said FS speaker. Should we just move on with the said discussion and don't dismiss me like a child? For all I know it qualifies as a discussion because it is a speaker. Kung ayaw mo sa FS n yan, sbihin mo kung bakit, comment with the observations I said, compare it with yours. Tapos. Kung magddivulge p tayo kung sino ung mrunong mag txt speach at sarcastic, mguguluhan lng tayo. It's easier to not comment nlng diba? And as I've said already, I am not RICH, hell I am not even "MAY KAYA", But I would, if I could, buy expensive if it will in no doubt justify every penny I spend. That's why I'm pushing for crown bf-655 because it's cheap and sounds nice (Pero I'm not confident with my observations kaya humihingi ako ng mga commento doon sa "recommend a speaker thread").. Pero I understand the musical fidelity of high priced, it's just that the justification for it priced as that is what I am pointing at.  Pardon my comments, It's just irritating when someone attacks your character and behavior. ^-^ No offense ment.  ^-^ Let's just at this nlng. I'm sorry for anything I said that might hurt you, I'm just protecting my point... Wharfdale 10.1 most interest me in your suggestions? How does it sound? compared to your other gear? What amp to use? Where to buy? How much? thanks for the response.  ^-^

Offline Tsnad

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
audition ka na lang chief mahirap kasi kung more on advise and sort of reading... just me... >:D >:D any brand would do basta audition... ^-^ ^-^

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
audition ka na lang chief mahirap kasi kung more on advise and sort of reading... just me... >:D >:D any brand would do basta audition... ^-^ ^-^
Tama ka sir.  ^-^ Srap lng din ksi magbasa ng experiences ng iba. hehe. Nfufule ung passion mo. hehe.  ;D thanks for the response.

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
  :'( Tama sir. San palarin. Tnx s response!  ;D

Offline mykel18

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Anyone heard this speakers from abroad? Need advice. newbie hear...
« Reply #24 on: Jun 24, 2014 at 02:57 PM »
Sir bawal text speak sa mga forum including pinoydvd. Baka pwede ka pa hintay para madagdagan yung budget mo sir.
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2014 at 02:57 PM by mykel18 »

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
among  the speakers on your first post it seems yung Canadian Made Speaker yung medyo malaki yung size Taiwan and Pioneer are all 4" Woofers. Not have any experience but Speakers alone is not enough to decide which has better sounds. However, for the looks and specs, I like the canadian.
Now talking about how they sounds??? It's all on system matching, it depends on what audio components you are using, source and genre.
Again for the start, I vote for the Canadian Brand....
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
Dre. Ok HTIB Samsung...

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Breaking dawn... time to enjoy the movie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Dre. Ok HTIB Samsung...

10k lang budget niya, short pa din. 25k and up yata yung models na with tubes, or around 40k yata
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2014 at 03:30 PM by JJLoveMusic »
Your stature does not mean that you are a better person than anyone else less $$$ wealthier than you

Offline Gabsilog

• Apprentice
  • Banned by request.
  • Liked:
Sir bawal text speak sa mga forum including pinoydvd. Baka pwede ka pa hintay para madagdagan yung budget mo sir.
  :P

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Breaking dawn... time to enjoy the movie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28

+1 kasi nakaka-BOBO kaya akala nila attack daw sa character pag binigyan ka ng friendly advice na iwasan ang text speak :P
Your stature does not mean that you are a better person than anyone else less $$$ wealthier than you