Author Topic: VIVID AUDIO  (Read 19588 times)

Offline audioworld

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Puresound As Close As It Gets
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
VIVID AUDIO
« on: Jun 28, 2014 at 04:18 PM »
Super Cars?

How about Super speakers.

Audioworld Tech. Inc. proudly to introduce VIVID AUDIO to Philippine market

The Vivid Audio team represents 4 decades of experience delivering products featuring more than just innovative engineering and bespoke parts. Our goal is to produce the world's pre-eminent High-end loudspeaker systems.

Almost every part of each Vivid Audio model is unique and not to be found in any other loudspeaker. No element is taken for granted; innovation and new methods of analysis are used to extract the highest levels of performance from every component.

Most loudspeakers today are still made using sheet material cut and joined into rectangular boxes simply because of the cost. At Vivid Audio we made the decision, from the outset, that our products should not be compromised by such values and sought out manufacturing materials and techniques that would afford us complete freedom to design enclosures which give the best results.

Perhaps the most obvious aspect of Vivid Audio loudspeakers is that they come in enclosures that aren’t the typical square box but there’s a good reason for that and it's not just an aesthetic decision.

SOON...

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
People behind VIVID AUDIO
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 01:55 PM »
People Behind VIVID AUDIO

Brainchild

Based in Brighton England, Laurence Dickie had made a name for himself as inventor of the B&W Matrix and designer of their flagship Nautilus™ as well as the Turbosound Polyhorn™ and Dendritic™ horn systems for professional loudspeakers. Still full of ideas for improvements to monitor loudspeakers Dickie was able to bring a wealth of innovation to the fledgling company.

If there is a central tenet to Dickie’s speaker design philosophy it is to strive for freedom from resonance and reflection. Resonances are the product of either structural or acoustic systems where stored energy can oscillate. Reflection is caused by sharp changes in the path taken by the sound. Very often the distinction between the two effects is blurred but the result is an irregular frequency response and smearing of the sound.

Philip Guttentag, who heads up the Durban manufacturing facility, first had the inspiration to get into creating high end loudspeakers back in the year 2000 shortly before meeting up with Robert Trunz, ex B&W president. It was Robert who suggested he invite one of his old acquaintances to join the team.

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: VIVID AUDIO
« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 01:56 PM »
Whew! Another high-end loudspeaker brand in the market. Looking forward to hear the G1 Giya's.

Congrats Audioworld!

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 02:21 PM »
Whew! Another high-end loudspeaker brand in the market. Looking forward to hear the G1 Giya's.

Congrats Audioworld!

Just give us a call sir, Giya will visit your place soon :)

Thanks
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 at 02:31 PM by audioworld »

Offline mykel18

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 02:28 PM »
Ito yung speakers sa The Heirs  ;) ;D

HT: JBL | A&D | Denon | LG
Audio: Naim | DeVore Fidelity | Roksan | Dynavector

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 02:33 PM »
In Lamborghini orange finish  :)

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 02:36 PM »
Just give us a call sir, Giya will visit your place soon :)
Thanks

Oh no hahaha wishing to hear it in your showroom lang muna sir if possible.  Grabe review ng G1, tataya muna ako ng loto . . . malay natin. ^-^
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 at 02:37 PM by dts-HD 3D »

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 02:44 PM »
Oh no hahaha wishing to hear it in your showroom lang muna sir if possible.  Grabe review ng G1, tataya muna ako ng loto . . . malay natin. ^-^

Pwedeng 0% interest  ;D

G4

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:00 PM »
O tukso . . .  :D

Alam ko si mykel naghahanap ng speakers hehehe nagturo bigla.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #9 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:01 PM »
Luther: Yan na ba ang mapapakinggan ko sa pagbisita ko sa iyo?? :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:06 PM »
Balita ko kaya ka luluwas babayaran mo na daw ng cash yung G1?

Interesado pa lang pakinggan . . . binili na ka agad? ;D

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:14 PM »
Kay sir Mykel  :)

B1

Offline mykel18

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:17 PM »
O tukso . . .  :D

Alam ko si mykel naghahanap ng speakers hehehe nagturo bigla.

Hahaha. Pakinggan natin dyan sayo pagdating ah. Ano ba inorder mo?  ;D ;D >:D >:D

Offline mykel18

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:19 PM »
Kay sir Mykel  :)

B1

Ang ganda ng finish  ^-^
Wish ko lang may pambili ako nyan  ;D ;D

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:22 PM »
Ang ganda ng finish  ^-^
Wish ko lang may pambili ako nyan  ;D ;D

pwede 12 months to pay bdo  ;D

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:36 PM »
Hahaha. Pakinggan natin dyan sayo pagdating ah. Ano ba inorder mo?  ;D ;D >:D >:D
hahaha isa ka pa bro, BX2. Mas gusto ko pakinggan yung dadalhin sa'yo.

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
VIVID AUDIO Review
« Reply #16 on: Jul 08, 2014 at 02:27 PM »
Stereophile Magazine

Vivid Audio Giya G3 loudspeaker
By John Atkinson • Posted: Mar 28, 2014

Following on the heels of the $48,500/pair Wilson Alexia, which I highly recommended in my December 2013 review, Vivid's Giya G3 was going to have to be something special to earn my respect. It did more than that. I immensely enjoyed the time I spent with this idiosyncratically styled loudspeaker. Yes, at $39,990/pair, it is expensive, but for that money you get a combination of transparency and, rich low bass aside, almost full-range neutrality, coupled with superbly precise imaging and an easy-on-the-ear yet revealing balance that proved addictive.

I ended my review of the Wilson by declaring that if I were to retire tomorrow, the Alexia would be the speaker I would buy to provide the musical accompaniment to that retirement. Now I would have to choose between it and Vivid Audio's Giya G3!

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2014 at 02:44 PM by audioworld »

Offline Tsnad

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 08, 2014 at 02:38 PM »
Ito yung speakers sa The Heirs  ;) ;D

hmmm pina panood mo pala to.. chan sang >:D gaganda ng speaker no  ^-^

Offline mykel18

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 08, 2014 at 02:42 PM »
hmmm pina panood mo pala to.. chan sang >:D gaganda ng speaker no  ^-^

hahaha
Cha Eun Sang  ;D
saka nanay nya yung nasa pic

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
VIVID AUDIO Review
« Reply #19 on: Jul 19, 2014 at 11:24 AM »

"The Vivid B1's are nothing less than bracing. Rather like walking out on a beautiful bright and crisp winter morning, the music arrives brilliantly lit and with vibrant definition and dazzling colour. Switch to the likes of the similarly price B&W801D and things become more nasal, more quacky, more monochrome, while the Quad 989 seems soft and silky but as veiled as a smoggy city sunset."

David Price, editor of Hi-Fi World Magazine, issue September 2009
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2014 at 11:26 AM by audioworld »

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
VIVID AUDIO Super speaker
« Reply #20 on: Jul 30, 2014 at 04:29 PM »

"The Sonus Faber don't have quite the Vivid's impact or slam. Moreover, the Olympica, from top to bottom, doesn't offer the Vivid's transparency, speed or resolution...the Vivid is simply better."

Hans Wetzel, soundstageultra.com Jan. 2014

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
Super speakers
« Reply #21 on: Sep 02, 2014 at 06:04 PM »
Super Speakers CES 2011

Let's get down to brass tacks and talk results. Here is what I heard from the Super Speakers of CES 2011.

The Tidal Sunrays ($150,000 per pair) are simply beautiful-sounding loudspeakers. I heard two pairs of Sunrays at CES 2011 (they were playing in two different rooms), and their strong points were clear: holographic soundstaging, three-dimensional imaging, and seductive musical subtlety, particularly in the high frequencies. I was struck by how much depth-of-stage they could reproduce; they made me want to get out of my seat to mingle with the performers. This experience brought me almost full circle: I wrote what turned out to be a somewhat controversial article titled "Comparisons on Paper: B&W 803 Diamond vs. Tidal Contriva Diacera SE." That article prompted Tidal owner Jörn Janczak to contact me. The ensuing e-mail exchange led to an introduction at CES and a lengthy audition of the Sunray. I wasn't disappointed, and I can tell you that I will have some additional thoughts to share in regard to Tidal's value proposition. And yes, for those wondering, there is a pair of Tidals that will be heading from Germany to North Carolina very soon.

YG Acoustics played their Anat Reference Professional III speakers with brand-new drivers made with machined-in-house aluminum cones. The sound of the Anat was crystal clear and huge in scale. I'm not sure that the room acoustics in the Sands Expo section of CES are optimal for acoustic neutrality, especially in the bass, but the sound of the YG was still impressive in many sonic areas. Doug Schneider will be reviewing the Anat Reference Studio III in the near future, and I'll be quite interested to read his impressions, particularly since he reviewed the first-generation Anat Main Module.

I sat down in front of the large The Sonus Faber ($200,000 per pair) from Italy’s Sonus Faber with high hopes of great musical enjoyment. It's a beautifully built speaker, though in my opinion it isn't nearly as well proportioned as some of their smaller speakers. When the speakers started playing, the sound actually reminded me in some ways of first-generation Wilson X-2 Alexandrias, which I used to own. The sound was big and forward, but not musically engaging. Ultimately, the sound I heard in this room was surpassed by many less-expensive but wholly complete speaker products shown at CES 2011. The biggest problem with The Sonus Faber was that it never disappeared as a source of sound in the room. As I sat in the sweet spot I could always tell exactly where the sound was emanating from, down to the sound from each individual driver. Setup issues? Perhaps, but whatever the reason these just weren't sounding good at all to me.

The other super-large loudspeaker that disappointed me was the Venture Xtreme ($199,000 per pair). To my ears this speaker couldn't get out of its own way, sonically speaking. About the only thing I can say about it was that it sounded big, but big as in a big collection of drivers all playing at the same time. It certainly didn't do it for me on any level.

Perhaps the most disappointing sound I heard from the "super speakers" crowd was the Rives Talon Phoenix ($72,000 per pair). This speaker made Lyle Lovett's "North Dakota" almost unidentifiable. The vocals were tonally odd and the guitar was hazy and confused.

These experiences confirmed for me something I've been thinking hard about lately: Ultimately, you have to do something truly better to be competitive if you're attempting to produce a state-of-the-art high-fidelity loudspeaker today. As far as I can discern, new ground has been broken in loudspeaker design in several key areas: more controlled, more linear frequency response; higher-resolution sound, likely from better materials; freedom from resonance (both driver and cabinet) through more complete engineering; and simply more advanced loudspeaker research and development. These are areas that account for the art having been furthered. I can think of no better examples of truly exceptional loudspeakers I heard at CES 2011 than the Vivid Audio Giya G2 and Magico Q3.

The Vivid Audio G2 ($50,000 per pair) sounded simply arresting. The midrange was so right-there crystal clear -- it floated in air just as if it were emanating from a person occupying the space between the speakers. The highs were effortless, but so natural that I could never imagine being fatigued by these speakers. Most other speakers at the show sounded simply pedestrian and downright artificial by comparison. Vivid Audio speakers, in many ways, are groundbreaking devices.

Magico's Q3 ($34,000 per pair) sounded extraordinary. It sounded dimensional, full, and with heaping amounts of natural detail that gave me a breathtaking view into the recording. Perhaps most amazing was the bass response. It was deep and linear, tight and articulate -- and ultimately, utterly standard setting. The Q3 does something else that might be more important, though, and I'm hopeful this will make next year's CES even better: It made reference-grade sound at a price point much lower than expected. Many would have you believe you need to spend six figures for super-speaker sound. But that's just not true. Sometimes six figures won't even buy you good sound.

Jeff Fritz
Editor-in-Chief, The SoundStage! Network

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #22 on: Sep 03, 2014 at 05:26 AM »
Reserve for a friend :)

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
VIVID AUDIO
« Reply #23 on: Sep 24, 2014 at 04:59 PM »
Ready for audition

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
VIVID AUDIO Tech Talk
« Reply #24 on: Sep 25, 2014 at 01:01 PM »
Perhaps the most obvious aspect of Vivid Audio loudspeakers is that they come in enclosures that aren’t the typical square box but there’s a good reason for that and it's not just an aesthetic decision.

In a classic series of experiments back in the 1930s, Dr. Harry Olsen mounted a small full range driver in a number of wooden shapes, all having an approximately equal size. He clearly showed that the smoothest response was obtained when the enclosure was a large sphere. He showed equally clearly that one of the worst shapes is a rectangular prism.

Despite this landmark work, most loudspeakers today are still made using sheet material cut and joined into rectangular boxes simply because of the cost.

At Vivid Audio we made the decision, from the outset, that our products should not be compromised by such values and sought out manufacturing materials and techniques that would afford us complete freedom to design enclosures which give the best results. So our cabinets have very smooth curves around the tweeter and mid-range unit.

Another downside to the rectangular box is the performance of the cabinet walls themselves. Any sheet of material will resonate at a particular set of frequencies and it is imperative that these fall outside the working range of the driver enclosed. Clearly the material should be as stiff and light as possible but much can be gained by the way in which it is used. One way of pushing the modal frequencies up is to curve the panel and yet another is to support the panel at regular intervals. Some designs of sheet material wooden boxes use a matrix of intersecting perforated wooden panels which span between the opposite faces. This works very well across the short dimension but between the top and bottom the webs are rather too long to be effective.

Vivid enclosures are doubly curved everywhere and tapered towards both top and bottom so the area of these zones is small and the curvature tight thus obviating the need for top to bottom bracing. Between the sides however, bracing is of considerable benefit and is included in every gap between each driver and port. Adopting cast or vacuum-infused composite materials not only gives us freedom with the shape but also permits finishing in any of the huge range of sprayed paint finishes.

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
VIVID AUDIO Tech Talk
« Reply #25 on: Nov 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM »

Carbon Fibre Peripheral Stiffening Ring

Developed over twenty years ago by technical director, Laurence Dickie, the use of a carbon fibre peripheral stiffening ring to increase the frequency of the first break-up mode has since been at the heart of all Vivid Audio dome drivers. Subsequently refined, optimised and patented, the technique offers an almost twofold improvement in performance over the ordinary metal dome.

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 20, 2014 at 02:35 PM »
Congrats Vivid G3!
Stereophile 2014 speaker of the year & Overall product of the year.   ^-^

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Nov 22, 2014 at 11:29 AM »
Congrats Vivid G3!
Stereophile 2014 speaker of the year & Overall product of the year.   ^-^

Salamat sir! Sabihan mo lang ako kung gusto mong i try. pwede kong ampunin si montis :)

Offline dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 22, 2014 at 05:06 PM »
Wow salamat din sir, very tempting offer. :)

Offline audioworld

• Collector
  • Liked:
VIVID AUDIO
« Reply #29 on: Dec 12, 2014 at 04:44 PM »
SoundStage! InSight -- Vivid Audio (October 2014)

http://youtu.be/RT2ytbENY34