Author Topic: FULL HD vs UHDF4K (when to buy?)  (Read 6636 times)

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2606
Re: FULL HD vs UHDF4K (when to buy?)
« Reply #30 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 07:15 AM »
Mabuhay!

Well, with all the readings and asking around i went into before purchasing another set.....i don't know if my decision made any sense?.  ::) I am keeping my fingers crossed and a whole lot of prayers but for now i am quite happy with the results.  ;)

ano na kaya nabili ni OP?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline espionage

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #31 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 09:29 PM »
ano na kaya nabili ni OP?

I sense-hi he he
Samsung 65" NU7100 | Onkyo TXSR608 | Zidoo X9S | AMD HTPC | PS4 | A-Audio FS | WH3 CS | Daichi Surr

Offline mujacko2002

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 672
« Reply #32 on: Jul 25, 2014 at 08:52 PM »
MABUHAY!!!

just an update....yes it is hisense

For now, halos lahat ng BR ko pinapanoodan ko dito for break-ins, atsaka laging naka-zoom. Siguro i'll do a review. Keeping my fingers crossed.

God is good all the time!!!
mypalhs.com
planetromeo.com

Offline meateater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: Jul 25, 2014 at 11:32 PM »
went to Ansons earlier to buy a TV and saw the Devant 65 inch UHD TV. I had the sales person audition the unit with a 1080p movie so I can check how it would look with an upscaler to 4k. It did not look well. Not sure if it would look the same with the other brands.
LG 60 LB5800
Denon AVR x1100w
Polk Audio RTi A3 & CSi A6
Looking for a sub

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #34 on: Jul 26, 2014 at 01:05 AM »
went to Ansons earlier to buy a TV and saw the Devant 65 inch UHD TV. I had the sales person audition the unit with a 1080p movie so I can check how it would look with an upscaler to 4k. It did not look well. Not sure if it would look the same with the other brands.

The major brands tend to use nicer scalers. Scaling to 4k needs quite a bit of processing power. The cheapest scalers will just run 4 UHD pixels as 1 HD pixel. If you run an HTPC, you can have the PC do the scaling. Nicer BDPs and AVRs also have good 4K scaling (together with many other devices).

Most branded TVs apply some form of interpolation and sharpening to utilize the extra pixels. Below would be an example (the left image is a low quality upscale, while the right image is a well-processed upscale):
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2014 at 01:25 AM by Stagea »

Offline espionage

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #35 on: Jul 26, 2014 at 08:40 AM »
MABUHAY!!!

just an update....yes it is hisense

For now, halos lahat ng BR ko pinapanoodan ko dito for break-ins, atsaka laging naka-zoom. Siguro i'll do a review. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Congrats Sir! Waiting for your review, saw the non 3D version of this. For me picture quality is good plus motion interpolation.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2014 at 05:50 PM by espionage »
Samsung 65" NU7100 | Onkyo TXSR608 | Zidoo X9S | AMD HTPC | PS4 | A-Audio FS | WH3 CS | Daichi Surr

Offline meateater

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: Jul 26, 2014 at 10:26 AM »
The major brands tend to use nicer scalers. Scaling to 4k needs quite a bit of processing power. The cheapest scalers will just run 4 UHD pixels as 1 HD pixel. If you run an HTPC, you can have the PC do the scaling. Nicer BDPs and AVRs also have good 4K scaling (together with many other devices).

Most branded TVs apply some form of interpolation and sharpening to utilize the extra pixels. Below would be an example (the left image is a low quality upscale, while the right image is a well-processed upscale):

Yeah, the Devant upscaler was really bad. Will go look at the other brands and see for myself. Thanks for the heads up!
LG 60 LB5800
Denon AVR x1100w
Polk Audio RTi A3 & CSi A6
Looking for a sub

Offline mujacko2002

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 28, 2014 at 10:44 PM »
Mabuhay!

--its my first time to own a smart led 3D TV....so whatever will come its way i will try to make the best out of it.

Below are the Menu in improving the experience :

I have not changed much of the settings yet. I am still in the break-in period.
mypalhs.com
planetromeo.com

Offline mujacko2002

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jul 28, 2014 at 10:57 PM »
Mabuhay!

TV programs are provided by a local cable operator here in Molino 5. Somehow, somewhere i am liking the quality of the pictures on some channels. The picture mode is most of the time under "user mode", i think this is the lowest mode among the choices. 

I like the weight and the length of the remote control. Quick response. And it also works with my sony bluray player.

another pic.

Do you think guyz i should buy a calibration disc for this TV? Honestly, my plasmas have not been calibrated, i just use what seems to be good in my eyes.

Currently, the TV is connected to the internet via ethernet.

More updates soon. Any comments/criticisms are welcome ^-^

mypalhs.com
planetromeo.com

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #39 on: Jul 29, 2014 at 09:14 AM »
@ mujacko2002

Mabuhay!  ;D

It's dificult to judge the colors based on the pictures you posted because Parang malabo ng unti yun camera.

Offline mujacko2002

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jul 29, 2014 at 09:18 AM »
@ mujacko2002

Mabuhay!  ;D

It's dificult to judge the colors based on the pictures you posted because Parang malabo ng unti yun camera.

Mabuhay!

Yup, i just used my old iphone to get the pics. I will use a better camera next time po. Thanks
mypalhs.com
planetromeo.com