Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2015  (Read 120414 times)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2015
« Reply #1020 on: Nov 26, 2015 at 05:16 PM »
Hmm, possible nga ....... in a way, Pacquiao played a big part in Mbala getting caught.

Oo nga pala!!  Tama ka dun.

Danding bought the contract of Ayo.  Pera para lang yan talaga.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1021 on: Nov 26, 2015 at 06:23 PM »
Same here. If true, then it all the more proves, that Danding always gets what he wants (to buy) ....... be it players or coaches.

It's eerily similar to the way that Tim Cone was "bought" away from ALASKA to the SMCorp teams in the PBA ...... hehe, no coincidence that it was Danding's conglomerate that did the "buying".

Like I said, Danding can assign himself as DLSU head-coach and they will still win it all next season ....... very deep roster while the rest of the current F4 cast will be on transition.

di na ba uso ang prinsipyo ngayon?

maraming salamat sa letran community blah blah blah tapos lipat sa la salle?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 364
« Reply #1022 on: Nov 26, 2015 at 06:33 PM »
di na ba uso ang prinsipyo ngayon?

maraming salamat sa letran community blah blah blah tapos lipat sa la salle?

Brader, matagal nang pinatay ang fair play at prinsipyo sa UAAP/NCAA.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #1023 on: Nov 26, 2015 at 06:42 PM »
Got word from a Letran alumnus that Ayo had a meeting w/ the Letran fathers this PM...it was a thank you and goodbye meeting...
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1024 on: Nov 26, 2015 at 07:56 PM »
Brader, matagal nang pinatay ang fair play at prinsipyo sa UAAP/NCAA.

grass roots pa lang sa basketball corruption na din ang nagyayari kaya wala na siguro talagang mangyayari sa Philippine basketball no wender the likes of Rayray Parks and Kobe Paras opted to play in US instead.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #1025 on: Nov 26, 2015 at 09:24 PM »
I'm ok with coach ayo going to la salle, napa champion na nya letran.. Besides its a big break for him, ang swerte yung mga asst coaches na madadala nya..
The Pats way...

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #1026 on: Nov 27, 2015 at 06:31 PM »
Got word from a Letran alumnus that Ayo had a meeting w/ the Letran fathers this PM...it was a thank you and goodbye meeting...
It looks like there are other things afoot, including an alleged 3M a year deal from DLSU for a top-caliber rookie MVP.

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2015/11/27/1526534/atoy-co-blasts-uaap-schools-pirating-ncaa-rookie-mvp-allwell-oraeme

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1027 on: Nov 27, 2015 at 07:11 PM »
I fully support Atoy Co, but he is many years too late ........ the "pirating/buying" he is ranting about has been happening for many years now.

The buying of players, coaches, others, etc has long been present in the UAAP ....... like in the PBA, it's an open secret that everybody knows, but very few complain about - since they're up against powers that be.

I admire those very few that do voice out against the unfair practices e.g. Tommy Manotoc, Wifred Uytengsu, Yeng Guiao, JB Baylon, etc.

Matindi talaga dito sa Pilipinas, pati larong basketball binabahiran nang corruption.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015 at 07:12 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #1028 on: Nov 27, 2015 at 07:31 PM »
I fully support Atoy Co, but he is many years too late ........ the "pirating/buying" he is ranting about has been happening for many years now.

The buying of players, coaches, others, etc has long been present in the UAAP ....... like in the PBA, it's an open secret that everybody knows, but very few complain about - since they're up against powers that be.

I admire those very few that do voice out against the unfair practices e.g. Tommy Manotoc, Wifred Uytengsu, Yeng Guiao, JB Baylon, etc.

Matindi talaga dito sa Pilipinas, pati larong basketball binabahiran nang corruption.

Atoy Co shouldn't be crying like he's a saint. He did it to UC earlier this year. Even wanting to pirate 5 players from UC of the Cesafi league.

Atoy Co defends Mapua recruitment tactics after UC cries foul over Menina 'poaching'
Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/darrell-shane-menina-uc-webmasters-recruitment-mapua-mit-basketball-cry-foul

Contacted for comment by Spin.ph, Co said he did nothing wrong as far as offering Medina a chance to play for the Cardinals in the NCAA, stressing he was merely doing his job.

“I did nothing wrong. As a coach, it is my job to look for the best talent available to add to my team. And in (Shane) Menina, nakita ko na he’s one of the best, if not the best here in Cebu. So I talked to him and his parents after our game and they agreed to join my team,” said the Crispa legend.

Co also insisted no money was involved in the recruitment, saying he only told Medina about the opportunity to play in one of the most prestigious college leagues in the country and in being part of Mapua’s rich basketball program, which the former PBA MVP is trying to rebuild.

“No cash was involved. I only offered him a spot in the team and the opportunity na mapakita niya ang kakayahan niya,” said Co.

---------

According to UC’s associate head coach Joever Samonte, Menina was not the only player who was recruited by Mapua. Five players were offered spots in the Cardinals squad but only Menina and big man Marc Obado accepted the offer.

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/ncaa/news/darrell-shane-menina-university-of-cebu-leaves-joins-mapua-cardinals-cesafi-ncaa-webmasters
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015 at 07:32 PM by questforthegoodlife »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1029 on: Nov 27, 2015 at 07:58 PM »
^ Atoy Co was obviously referring to the "monetary" part of recruitment, which is unethical and illegal (should be)

As a head-coach, scouting & recruiting for talent is among the job functions.

Now, if it's a businessman/tycoon, who has no official affiliation with the school, doing the recruiting, then that's totally unethical and illegal.

Like I said, Sen. Pia Cayetano's recent law is very half baked - she should have targeted the rootcause of the recruitment & residency issues ....... removal of all businessmen & having full disclosure/audit of all student-athlete benefits is a good start to cleaning up the collegiate leagues.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015 at 08:11 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #1030 on: Nov 27, 2015 at 08:12 PM »
From his mouth:-

“Mga walang delicadeza. Hindi sana bale kung galing high school paakyat ng varsity. Mamimili ang player kung saan niya gusto sa college, hindi yon nasa college na? Tapos after 3 yrs pinagtyagaan mo turuan at gumaling na tapos ngayon o-offer-an nila ng pera para maglaro sa kanila. Ganon ba ang sportsmanship,” Co asked

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1031 on: Nov 27, 2015 at 08:34 PM »
La Salle at Ateneo kasi,umaapaw ang budget na pera. pero ang gusto yung "developed" na ang kunin para champion agad.

di naman assurance yun, look at Ateneo, 40 players ang nasa line up nila,pirate na lahat ng magagaling sa high schools including jerry pingoy ng FEU. lahat malalaki ang allowance,nasa pool nila ang magagaling na players hindi lang naglalaro yung iba ngayon,pero di naman pumasok sa final four.

why not develop your own players like FEU who scouts the countryside to look for players to develop.

they should learn how to wait for the fruit to ripen.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1032 on: Nov 27, 2015 at 08:39 PM »
Then Atoy Co has failed to follow that age-old creed, "don't spit at the wind".

What Atoy Co should do now, is to reveal all that he knows, every fine detail ex. who, when, how much, etc.

Public shaming is one effective way to set things right nowadays - just look at what happened to SMCorp after they did not share their players for GILAS 3.0 ..... the heavy flak that they got resulted in their immediate cooperation for GILAS 4.0.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015 at 08:40 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #1033 on: Nov 28, 2015 at 05:41 PM »
Nice game so far!

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1034 on: Nov 28, 2015 at 06:37 PM »
Panalo UST!

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #1035 on: Nov 28, 2015 at 07:15 PM »
Ferrer nagpaka SC30. :D

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1036 on: Nov 28, 2015 at 07:31 PM »
Ferrer, puwedeng maging Steph Curry!

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1037 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 04:17 PM »
UST up by 1 after the 1st

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 966
« Reply #1038 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:11 PM »
damn. sayang uste.  congrats FEU!

napanood ko lang yung early part ng 4th nung lumamang sila till the end. bat parang walang play para kay ferrer?  puro si daquiaog till end game.  costly TO at yung breakaway lay up attempt nya.  sayang. 
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:12 PM by vinci »

Offline prototypeone

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 199
« Reply #1039 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:12 PM »
Medyo naging one-man team ang USTe by the later part of the game. No play at all.
Say hello to my little friend!

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 966
« Reply #1040 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:12 PM »
Medyo naging one-man team ang USTe by the later part of the game. No play at all.

exactly.

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #1041 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:16 PM »
Puro tira sa tres. Costly turnovers by Abdul, dapat di na lang pinasok.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline prototypeone

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hory sheet.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 199
« Reply #1042 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:16 PM »
And to add, Daquiaog was overwhelmed by his confidence, forgettinh that he had teammates on the floor. Lol. Dagdag mo pa ang lousy center na si Abdul.
Say hello to my little friend!

Offline jonjon

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Collector
  • 41 steels and counting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 324
« Reply #1043 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:17 PM »
Mukhang byahe si Daquioag.  Kahit sya lang umiskor, sinwapang na nya lahat.  Dami turnover, lahat pa ng turnover nya, pamigay.  Si Abdul, nawalan ng gana sa mga kakampi, walang professionalism.  Bigla bigla na lang nawalan ng gana

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 428
« Reply #1044 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:22 PM »
Both teams were letting lee take thoae 3s, Pareho sumugal.. In fairness to daquiaog, walang may lakas ng loob tumira sa loob kungdi sya lang..
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1045 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:24 PM »
Congrats to FEU. Their vets played steady and within their games.

As expected, FEU just too talented and too deep ....... expected din na UST will face a deficit and will mount one final comeback.

Abdul, like a good majority of all Afrcian-imports, has very poor fundamentals ....... two left feet syndrome, kaya karamihan sa mga imports puro travelling errors ang mga iyan. Good effort by Abdul, nonetheless.

Like I said, they can hand over the crown to DLSU as early as next week - all the Final 4 teams are losing their core, while DLSU maintains most of their guys, plus have Ben Mbala, easily one of the best imports to suit up for the collegiate leagues.

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #1046 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:32 PM »
It was Pogoy who made it happen for FEU. Two fastbreak points and 3 point shot kept UST at bay.

Costly turnovers by Daquioag. What happened to Ferrer?! He was silent in the second half.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1047 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 06:44 PM »
Ferrer was kept in check by FEU ...... good denial defense on him.

If I were the UST coach, I woild have had Ferrer post up, instead of setting him up formlong shots.

Cant blame Daquioag for trying, he was the only one brave enough to win the game for UST.

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1048 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 08:27 PM »
Champion FEU!  :)

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1049 on: Dec 02, 2015 at 09:04 PM »
Ferrer was kept in check by FEU ...... good denial defense on him.

If I were the UST coach, I woild have had Ferrer post up, instead of setting him up formlong shots.

Cant blame Daquioag for trying, he was the only one brave enough to win the game for UST.

I was thinking UST was outcoached, leading by 6 towards the end game Lee was shooting bricks, Orizu was in foul trouble yet there was no play  down low. From the time the lead was at 6 points to the end, I don't think Ferrer was able to handle the ball. On the other hand, FEU kept attacking the defense of Lee and they were successful.

I guess UST fanatics set expectations of waiting several years again before even getting into the final 4.

Congratulations La Salle this early but who knows......