Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2015  (Read 120655 times)

Offline heisenbergman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind, rewind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2014
« Reply #270 on: Aug 21, 2014 at 11:34 AM »
With already 5 losses to UE, I think it's safe to conclude the Final 4 Ateneo, DLSU, FEU and NU.
Too early to be really confident, but that's reasonable, yeah.

Let's assume all the top teams will beat UP and ADU (a harsh assumption but realistic). The rest of their schedule would be:

ADMU 9-2 (vs UST, FEU, NU remain)
FEU 8-2 (vs UST, DLSU, UE, ADMU remain)
DLSU 8-2 (vs FEU, UST, UE, NU remain)
NU 7-3 (vs ADMU, UE, UST, DLSU remain)
UST 5-4 (vs FEU, ADMU, DLSU, NU, UE remain)
UE 5-5 (vs NU, FEU, DLSU, UST remain)

So oo nga, medyo dehado na ang UST and UE. But if they both beat NU... and I think UE will repeat over UST... then:

NU 7-5 (vs ADMU & DLSU remain)
UE 7-5 (vs FEU, DLSU remain)
UST 6-5 (vs FEU, ADMU, DLSU remain)

^ May fighting chance pa UE sa 4th spot. I know madaming IFs, pero those are very realistic ifs.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #271 on: Aug 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM »
i'm not counting out UE yet.. I like their team ang sisipag but unlike ateneo baliktad, they always find a way to lose.. sayang.. sumang  is playing ala russel westbrook..
The Pats way...

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #272 on: Aug 21, 2014 at 12:30 PM »
i'm not counting out UE yet.. I like their team ang sisipag but unlike ateneo baliktad, they always find a way to lose.. sayang.. sumang  is playing ala russel westbrook..
oo ehehe..sayang si super sumang....
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #273 on: Aug 21, 2014 at 01:01 PM »
Just read that TJ Manotoc got cyber-bullied yesterday for tweeting this after Ravena's winning basket:

"OMG. Dali, boy, lipad ka na ng Spain. #youarebetterthensomeguysthere"

He has since apologized and deleted the tweet. Iba talaga impact ni Ravena this season :)
We deserve better.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #274 on: Aug 23, 2014 at 06:21 PM »

They must first control their fate by beating the team in the top bracket and 3 teams are left FEU, DLSU and NU and hope NU loses all their games to the top teams like Ateneo, FEU and DLSU.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Aug 25, 2014 at 02:34 PM »
NU just beat Ateneo and are now tied for 2nd at 7 - 3.
On Wed, FEU or DLSU will also be at 7 - 3 so I don't think UE can catch up on the 4th spot anymore.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #276 on: Aug 27, 2014 at 06:50 PM »
Nice game between DLSU and FEU this evening! Despite the loss, proud of the Archers! Still on 2nd place...Breaks of the game went to FEU especially in the last 1-minute...Congrats FEU!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 340
« Reply #277 on: Aug 27, 2014 at 07:11 PM »
Looks like FEU has an inside track on one of the top 2 seeds for the semis. They've swept both DLSU and NU.
We deserve better.

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Aug 27, 2014 at 07:13 PM »
Looks like FEU has an inside track on one of the top 2 seeds for the semis. They've swept both DLSU and NU.

Agree!

Also, the top 4 teams now are teams w/ a "system" (Nash, Juno, Bo, Coach A)...Very interesting as we go deep into round 2
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #279 on: Aug 27, 2014 at 07:29 PM »
This will be an interesting Final Four.  I wonder if UST can still crash the party.

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #280 on: Aug 27, 2014 at 07:31 PM »
What a sorry loss by La Salle. They still have much to learn

Contrapelo ng Ateneo yung NU but they can take any team any time. FEU is a more fluid team at the moment followed by NU and Ateneo.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Aug 27, 2014 at 10:11 PM »
The win by FEU over DLSU only makes it hard for UE and UST to catch the final seat in the Final 4.
No choice by both UE and UST to sweep all their remaining games as 1 more defeat by any of them means the season is over.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Aug 28, 2014 at 11:52 AM »
Meron ba ditong may alam kung anong mangyayari if may 4-way tie for first place at the end of eliminations? ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Aug 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM »
Quotient System...That would depend on the winning margins...

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM »
okay great. Sana 4-way tie para lang interesting :P FEU and ADMU pa naman ang last assignments of each other.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #285 on: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM »
My guess, baka mag virtual best of 3 ang 1&4 and 2&3 with the seedings based on quotient. Alam ko kasi quotient if there's no incentive to fight for (meaning kung tied ang 2 teams for first, quotient will determine 1&2). Pero kung tied ang 2&3, playoff pa to determine who will be no. 2 kaya virtual best of 3.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM by sardaukar »

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM »
I have a feeling the Final Four shall be:

DLSU vs. NU
FEU vs. ADMU

:D

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM »
Wow hindi lang pala ADMU-FEU ang huling game ng bawa't isa. Pati pala DLSU vs NU last game din nila pareho ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM by heisenbergman »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Aug 28, 2014 at 03:46 PM »
All the Top 4 teams in the current standings just need to get to 10 wins to make it impossible for UE and UST to catch up.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Aug 30, 2014 at 11:28 PM »
UST is out of the Final 4. Ravena played a monster game and so far he should be MVP of the season.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #290 on: Aug 31, 2014 at 12:06 AM »
UST definitely needs to look for a new set of coaches. They have a competitive team, with a marquee name in all positions, but can't seem to get it together.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Aug 31, 2014 at 07:12 AM »
UST definitely needs to look for a new set of coaches. They have a competitive team, with a marquee name in all positions, but can't seem to get it together.

Ferrer has been sidelined for 3 games and Mariano just like last season has not been playin well.
Vigil cant fill up the gap left by Teng.
Ateneo, NU, FEU and DLSU definitely have better teams than UST this season.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Aug 31, 2014 at 06:22 PM »
UE came in with a lot of energy against NU and most likely they will win this game but I hope they can sustain that energy goin into their last 3 games as they can't afford to lose a single game.
Monster game by Mammie out muscling and out playin Aroga.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Aug 31, 2014 at 08:54 PM »
UE came in with a lot of energy against NU and most likely they will win this game but I hope they can sustain that energy goin into their last 3 games as they can't afford to lose a single game.
Monster game by Mammie out muscling and out playin Aroga.

Well, UE pala decided to bench Sumang.  He reportedly didn't practice yesterday.  That's why they won! Really something fishy about how UE have lost close games because of Sumang.  So this game tells it all.  I thought it was Sumang and Mammie throwing games.  Now it's turning out Sumang is the culprit.

Oh my.  Why does UE get players like him?  Before it was Bonbon Custodio.  Now Sumang. 

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #294 on: Aug 31, 2014 at 09:23 PM »
Well, UE pala decided to bench Sumang.  He reportedly didn't practice yesterday.  That's why they won! Really something fishy about how UE have lost close games because of Sumang.  So this game tells it all.  I thought it was Sumang and Mammie throwing games.  Now it's turning out Sumang is the culprit.

Oh my.  Why does UE get players like him?  Before it was Bonbon Custodio.  Now Sumang. 

If Sumang was benched for not attending practice, then he was benched for not attending practice. How can his benching lead to the conclusion that he was throwing games? UE winning without Sumang doesn't mean they would have won their other games as well if Sumang wasn't allowed to play. And it doesn't also mean that they  lost those games just because of Sumang.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Aug 31, 2014 at 09:45 PM »
If Sumang was benched for not attending practice, then he was benched for not attending practice. How can his benching lead to the conclusion that he was throwing games? UE winning without Sumang doesn't mean they would have won their other games as well if Sumang wasn't allowed to play. And it doesn't also mean that they  lost those games just because of Sumang.

Bossing, I know the coaching staff of UE.  They have the same observation.  Sumang is suspect for throwing games. 

I even called them a whlle ago and asked why he was benched.  "Di nag praktis.  At walang mangyayari pag andun eh.  Kwentuhan kita after our meeting..."  I'm still waiting for his call.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #296 on: Sep 01, 2014 at 12:34 PM »
Bossing, I know the coaching staff of UE.  They have the same observation.  Sumang is suspect for throwing games. 

I even called them a whlle ago and asked why he was benched.  "Di nag praktis.  At walang mangyayari pag andun eh.  Kwentuhan kita after our meeting..."  I'm still waiting for his call.

wow.. I thought those ala westbrook plays ni sumang were not intentional.. well mahirap ma-prove yun but beating a very good team without him is something..

masisipag talaga yung mga players ng UE (and some are good ball handlers too), so kung wala man sya mas maganda siguro ikot ng bola.. sayang if totoo..
The Pats way...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Sep 01, 2014 at 02:22 PM »
wow.. I thought those ala westbrook plays ni sumang were not intentional.. well mahirap ma-prove yun but beating a very good team without him is something..

masisipag talaga yung mga players ng UE (and some are good ball handlers too), so kung wala man sya mas maganda siguro ikot ng bola.. sayang if totoo..

Very hard to prove indeed.  Game fixing has never been proven naman in the past.  But it's there alright. 

More inside info --

Apparently Sumang has a handler who is someone "high up there".  Ang suspetsa ng UE pinag absent talaga sa practice nung handler para ma disciplinary action nga and miss an all important game vs NU.  Unfortunately, it backfired coz the team responded better without Sumang and won the game.  Sabi daw nung ilang players, mas OK pa na wala si Sumang kasi mas maganda ang ikot ng bola.

Then one La Sallite called up and told my source, "tama yan wag nyo na palaruin.  Sa game na lang vs La Salle tsaka nyo palaruin."  Haha. 

I asked if Sumang will suit up vs FEU.  Still to be decided by management.  Abangan natin!

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #298 on: Sep 01, 2014 at 07:50 PM »
La Salle legend Kurt Bachmann dies at 78

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09/01/14/la-salle-legend-kurt-bachmann-dies-78

Rafa was the one who got involved in a team brawl somewhere in an Asian tourney, was he?
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2014 at 07:50 PM by krets pulpol »
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Sep 03, 2014 at 05:33 PM »
What a sorry loss by UP to Ateneo.  Had Reyes made both FTs, UP could've won the game.  With 0.8 sec to go, Reyes was fouled with the score 80-79 Ateneo.  First shot was missed.  Then the UP Coach complained about the time.  He asked for a reset from 0.2 to 0.8 which was granted naman.  Problema yun time between the first shot and the second shot took so long that must've put more pressure on Reyes.  He missed the second shot.

Prior to that, Ravena could've won the game but also missed 2 FTs.

It was really a painful loss for UP as a couple of players were seen crying.