Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2015  (Read 120596 times)

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2014
« Reply #780 on: Oct 20, 2014 at 08:51 PM »
The National University Bulldogs will be giving their supporters another reason to smile after SM Supermalls announced a three-day sale in selected outlets in celebration of NU’s recent championship in the UAAP Season 77 men’s basketball tournament.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #781 on: Oct 20, 2014 at 09:43 PM »
So never mind the principles basta may pera kuha agad.
In other words.... gamitan.
So money is everything.
Basta legal, pagkakitaan mo na as much as you can.

You mean there is nothing wrong with all of these?   ;D  I don't know ha!  Hehehe!  Parang to sum it all up.... pabayaan mo na yun prisipyo mo kung nagugutom ka naman.  So ibenta mo na yun sarili mong prisipyo at sulitin mo yun pagkakakitaan mo.  Essentially ibenta mo na yun kaluluwa mo in exchange naman mayaman ka or malaki ang kinita mo..... And I guess there's nothing wrong with that?   ;D

What did they do wrong? They were offered to promote and represent an elite school.
Can you elaborate what kind of dignity they destroyed in exchange for money and perhaps a bright future?
In the case of Jeron Teng, if you were Alvin Teng what will be your decision? What will be your best advice for your son? Accept the offer of Danding and play for DLSU or which school do you want him to play for? UST, FEU, UE, Ateneo, NU, Adamson or schools in he NCAA?
Now if you think they did all wrong than what was the right thing to do then?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #782 on: Oct 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM »

What did they do wrong? They were offered to promote and represent an elite school.
Can you elaborate what kind of dignity they destroyed in exchange for money and perhaps a bright future?
In the case of Jeron Teng, if you were Alvin Teng what will be your decision? What will be your best advice for your son? Accept the offer of Danding and play for DLSU or which school do you want him to play for? UST, FEU, UE, Ateneo, NU, Adamson or schools in he NCAA?
Now if you think they did all wrong than what was the right thing to do then?

I was specifically replying to your very words.... swallowing principles in exchange for money, both parties want to benefit from each other, sticking with your principles will end you up with nothing, as long as it's legal, take everything you possibly can.

There's inherently nothing wrong with those?
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2014 at 10:06 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #783 on: Oct 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM »
In logic, this argument is called "poisoning the well."

sad state anywhere, when anyone use legality and the lack of clear cut rules and policy in patronizing unethical and blatant disregard to sense of order and say there is nothing wrong with it. i agree, our country is indeed going to the dogs.

off course i want my children to get a very secured future for them, off course i dream of having a super athlete and talented basketball player bring the big bucks eventually but I will always inculcate values of being an excellent student more than a great player and allow my children to choose which school to play at with motivation of where he can be secure excellent education more than anything else.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 424
« Reply #784 on: Oct 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM »
Congrats NU!

Baka mag sale ang sm or libreng points sa advantage card!

Nagdilang Anghel ka, Sir  :D

SM to hold sale in honor of NU Bulldogs’ UAAP championship win
http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/sm-to-hold-sale-in-honor-of-nu-bulldogs-uaap-championship-win

The National University Bulldogs will be giving their supporters another reason to smile after SM Supermalls announced a three-day sale in selected outlets in celebration of NU’s recent championship in the UAAP Season 77 men’s basketball tournament.

The Bulldogs will be lauded with a ‘Victory Sale’ after ending a 60-year title drought in the collegiate league last week.

NU, behind Cameroonian center Alfred Aroga and veteran point guard Gelo Alolino, defeated FEU in a three-game UAAP Finals series that ended with a 75-58 Bulldogs win in Game Three last Wednesday.

The Sy family, which owns the SM Group of Companies, holds majority ownership of the university and has supported the one-time lackluster sports program and changed it into the powerhouse it has become.

In the first half of the UAAP schedule, NU has clinched titles in men’s and women’s basketball, men’s beach volleyball, men’s badminton and the UAAP cheerdance competition.

The announcement on social media stated that five branches – SM City Manila, SM City San Lazaro, SM City Sta. Mesa, SM Store Quiapo and Harrison Plaza – will be participating in the sale.

The promotional poster also stated that shoppers could have the chance to meet the NU squad at the sale.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #785 on: Oct 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM »
show 'em d money and they listen

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #786 on: Oct 21, 2014 at 04:45 PM »
Nagdilang Anghel ka, Sir  :D

SM to hold sale in honor of NU Bulldogs’ UAAP championship win
http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/sm-to-hold-sale-in-honor-of-nu-bulldogs-uaap-championship-win

The Bulldogs will be lauded with a ‘Victory Sale’ after ending a 60-year title drought in the collegiate league last week.

NU, behind Cameroonian center Alfred Aroga and veteran point guard Gelo Alolino, defeated FEU in a three-game UAAP Finals series that ended with a 75-58 Bulldogs win in Game Three last Wednesday.

The Sy family, which owns the SM Group of Companies, holds majority ownership of the university and has supported the one-time lackluster sports program and changed it into the powerhouse it has become.

In the first half of the UAAP schedule, NU has clinched titles in men’s and women’s basketball, men’s beach volleyball, men’s badminton and the UAAP cheerdance competition.

The announcement on social media stated that five branches – SM City Manila, SM City San Lazaro, SM City Sta. Mesa, SM Store Quiapo and Harrison Plaza – will be participating in the sale.

The promotional poster also stated that shoppers could have the chance to meet the NU squad at the sale.

This is what I mean.
These tycoons have to unload millions to lure the best talents in order to promote them and bring them the glory they want to become famous.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #787 on: Oct 21, 2014 at 05:44 PM »
kahit naman di manalo NU may sale parin yan.. season na e.. :D 

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2613
« Reply #788 on: Oct 21, 2014 at 06:14 PM »
kahit naman di manalo NU may sale parin yan.. season na e.. :D 

sale sa MOA nung oct 17-19
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline sovrain

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #789 on: Oct 21, 2014 at 08:33 PM »
sale sa MOA nung oct 17-19
same sale days din sa sm baguio
Marantz SR5005/PM90/SA8260
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D
TEAC UD-HO1|Trio TT|Asus O'play|MED1000X

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #790 on: Oct 22, 2014 at 08:51 AM »
tempting mag undertime later for the San Beda finals game. Chance for a 5-peat. Gaaah.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #791 on: Oct 22, 2014 at 04:01 PM »
Congrats to my alma mater for accomplishing the 5-peat. kaya pa ba ang 6-peat? :D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #792 on: Oct 22, 2014 at 10:14 PM »
Congrats to my alma mater for accomplishing the 5-peat. kaya pa ba ang 6-peat? :D

tindi ng beda eh

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #793 on: Oct 22, 2014 at 10:42 PM »
Drive for Five - Done!

Baste's record is already beaten. Now let's go for the sixth!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #794 on: Oct 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM »
congrats Beda..
The Pats way...

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #795 on: Oct 23, 2014 at 03:39 AM »
Imagine if San Beda played in the UAAP.  I wonder how the last 10 years would have panned out for college basketball.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #796 on: Oct 24, 2014 at 12:03 AM »
wala na semerads dito right?

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
NCAA / UAAP 2014
« Reply #797 on: Oct 24, 2014 at 12:39 AM »

wala na semerads dito right?
last year nila ngayon. since nakuha sila both sa pba.

Offline weightlifter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • no pain no gain....geeky bodybuilders rule!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #798 on: Nov 07, 2014 at 11:23 AM »
bonfire at mendiola later this afternoon to celebrate the double championships.  wala sana munang rally ang ating mga kapatid na mangagawa at magbubukid

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #799 on: Nov 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM »
I watched game 1 of the PCCL finals and I was impressed by the perimeter shooting of San Beda. Not just Amer but seemingly anyone else on the team can knock down a jumper. I don't watch the NCAA, shooter ba talaga ang mga players sa NCAA o San Beda lang? Or they were just really on yesterday?
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM by sardaukar »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #800 on: Nov 30, 2014 at 01:09 AM »
I watched game 1 of the PCCL finals and I was impressed by the perimeter shooting of San Beda. Not just Amer but seemingly anyone else on the team can knock down a jumper. I don't watch the NCAA, shooter ba talaga ang mga players sa NCAA o San Beda lang? Or they were just really on yesterday?

Watched the game live at Ynares and you're right, San Beda shot the lights out from three point range vs DLSU.  Amer, Sara and this rookie Tongco( or Tiongco) are very good shooters.  Yun dating players na Semerad brothers are also dead shot from the 3.  I think the NCAA has pretty much good shooters also and has produced a lot of snipers like Atoy Co ( Mapua ) Duremdes ( JRU ) Kevin Alas ( Letran ) and many more...

Game 2 on Monday will be an interesting one as DLSU tries to tie the series to 1-1.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #802 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 01:40 PM »
http://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap/news/ben-mbala-ligang-labas-uaap-ban-eligibility-rules-la-salle-green-archers-uaap-residency-rules

Mbala might be banned from the UAAP.  Sayang naman.

Hindi naman. Just an additional one year residency. He's not helping his case. He's telling everyone in the interview the reason why this is being brought out is that the other schools are afraid of him. These other schools will be voting come near season opening on his eligibility to play. He better play the meek and repentant guy rather than declare he's the best thing to ever play in the uaap and he's getting prevented because all the other schools are afraid of him. Similar to the Ola-Mbala twitter war. He ended up looking like a fool.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #803 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 01:45 PM »
Hindi naman. Just an additional one year residency. He's not helping his case. He's telling everyone in the interview the reason why this is being brought out is that the other schools are afraid of him. These other schools will be voting come near season opening on his eligibility to play. He better play the meek and repentant guy rather than declare he's the best thing to ever play in the uaap and he's getting prevented because all the other schools are afraid of him. Similar to the Ola-Mbala twitter war. He ended up looking like a fool.

Oh yes I stand corrected.  Just one year residency. 

Mbala is a good and powerful player but he's got some attitude problem that needs to be managed. 

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #804 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 03:33 PM »
Oh yes I stand corrected.  Just one year residency. 

Mbala is a good and powerful player but he's got some attitude problem that needs to be managed. 

Yep. He even declared and promised a 6-peat for DLSU. He's a good and powerful player. outplaying and outpowering some pba players also but attitude wise he needs to be managed. Masyado ata lumaki after he got acquired by DLSU from SWU. Well who wouldn't be, given the amounts involved... mas malaki pa than a max contract rookie pba player.

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #805 on: Mar 17, 2015 at 10:55 PM »
Swerte ng mga student-athletes dito.  Sa US, kawawa.

Here's an interesting segment on (US) NCAA:

http://youtu.be/pX8BXH3SJn0
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2015 at 08:13 AM by SiCkBoY »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #806 on: May 01, 2015 at 09:11 AM »
Ongoing Fil-Oil League :D

Ateneo didn't join, too bad.

--

The San Beda-DLSU opening game proved to be a thriller as SBC won on OT.  But it was La Salle's Caracut, a former Red Cub, who stole the show from everyone as he drained 6 3's! Ganda ng hugot ng La Salle na ito.

--

Sana San Beda La Salle ulit sa championship.  These two teams are evenly matched IMO.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #807 on: May 02, 2015 at 06:29 PM »
Mga shooters ng DLSU puro Red Cub, ha. Both Casio and Ritualo came from there as well. Ano ba pinapakain sa San Beda HS? :)

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #808 on: Jun 25, 2015 at 09:57 AM »
NCAA opening na naman pala this Saturday. Going for 6-peat na San Beda. Mukhang mahirap pa rin tapatan. Pero I'd like to see other schools challenging my alma mater para naman may konting thrill. :D

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #809 on: Jul 20, 2015 at 11:10 AM »
Very nice new UP Maroons logo ....... it's like something out of a Rage Against The Machine CD or a Top 40 T-shirt (anyone remembers this?).  ;D

Hope UP does well in the upcoming UAAP season.

I like it ...... but not the write-up which follows the unveiling of the logo.

" The main logo highlights our institution's unique history and tradition – catalysts for change and defenders of the people "

Half-truths IMO.  ;)