Author Topic: Yamaha speakers: SARS hit me again  (Read 2237 times)

Offline mars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • All I need is a mic.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Yamaha speakers: SARS hit me again
« on: Jul 02, 2014 at 10:21 AM »
Yesterday I went to SM appliance just to look around. I was able to listen to the Pioneer and Yamaha speakers that they have on display. Medyo naimpress ako sa Yamaha NS-8390 floorstanding speakers, which I bought on impulse dahil medyo inexpensive naman. I can use this to replace my old JVC speakers.

The salesman was also trying to sell me the Yamaha receiver and a set of center+bookshelf/surround speakers. I admit maganda yung tunog nung full system pagdemo, but naghesitate ako. I already have an old Yamaha DSP R-795A receiver and an old Yamaha subwoofer both of which still work well.

Hingi lang ako advice sa mga gurus dito. Should I go with the surround/center set at P8,350, or may mas maganda pa bang set of center/surround speakers at roughly the same price range?

Offline nods

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind. Rewind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Yamaha speakers: SARS hit me again
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2014 at 10:32 AM »
Best to pair your speakers with the same set.  Dynamics of every speaker brands are different and will be difficult to match every piece.

You can try auditioning in actual hi-fi stores. SM showrooms are noisy and you wont be able to truly test your item.

Should you decide to mix and match, most stores will allow you to bring your speaker and pair them with their items. 
Getting to audiophile status, one small step at a time.

Offline mars

• Collector
  • All I need is a mic.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2014 at 11:09 AM »
Thanks sir nods. The model is NS-P160 center+surrounds.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2014 at 11:23 AM »
Kung full Home Theater set up mas maganda pa din ang may center speakers because 60-70% of movie content ay lumalabas sa center channel. And also mas maganda din kung same series as your existing speakers...

Offline Gino

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2014 at 04:52 PM »
I also recommend matching the set. If you can, buy it already. Electronics lineup tend to be replaced by new ones quickly.

Offline mars

• Collector
  • All I need is a mic.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2014 at 03:41 PM »

Where did u buy this flr standing speakers?what SM Branch? thanks pls do txt me @ 09178903190

Got it at SM Davao.

Offline mars

• Collector
  • All I need is a mic.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2014 at 03:44 PM »
I also recommend matching the set. If you can, buy it already. Electronics lineup tend to be replaced by new ones quickly.

Thanks. Just got it last weekend. My problem now is whether to put it in my bedroom as I originally intended, or use it to replace my set in the living room. hehe

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Yamaha speakers
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2014 at 02:12 PM »
I was actually contemplating still if I'd install an in ceiling surround speaker,
coz kakabili ko pa lang ng center channel, while we were having dinner, I decided to go online
and just check out a certain model that I was eying already a couple of weeks ago,
I just did not pushed through with the purchase coz magkakasunod sunod ang gastos ko,..
But to my surprise, this popped on my iPhone:

I was shocked to see the price, so I grabbed the opportunity and ordered a pair,
my wife told me why not buy an extra pair coz magandang ipangregalo, which I did,
so I ended up ordering 2 pairs, I got the email confirmation with that price, then after a few minutes,
I tried to check kung ganun pa rin ang price nya, I mean, it was really cheap for $25 a pair of 8" - 3 way Yamaha speakers, though ito na ang lumitaw sa akin after:

I guess I got lucky, being online the right time,..  ^-^
Sweet,..!
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2014 at 11:34 PM by ABCmotorparts »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Yamaha speakers
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2014 at 09:58 AM »

^-^