Author Topic: LG LB6500  (Read 14231 times)

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: LG LB6500
« Reply #30 on: Dec 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM »
Thanks airborne yup finally got it

Offline airborne03

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hug a dog, you'll feel better!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Dec 27, 2014 at 10:54 PM »

Thanks airborne yup finally got it

What keyboard did you get? I've still to look. Yung regular size Genius kb ayaw gumana the wifi dongle, so that's a bust.

Offline airborne03

• Collector
  • Liked:
LG LB6500
« Reply #32 on: Dec 27, 2014 at 11:00 PM »
Dun sa isang youtube video, parang nagawa nya na yung magic remote ang gagamitin for tge set top box. Ganun din ba sa iyo airborne? Or do you still use the skycable remote?

Ako kasi naka-cignal naman so para alam ko if one remote na lang for the tv and the box.

I still use the Sky remote, I haven't figured out how use the Magic Remote, and I know your supposed to be able to. It actually asks you at Set Up but I didn't know which setting to choose. If anyone can weigh in I appreciate it too.

I also got to connect and use the tv's hdmi arc to my Yamaha avr's arc this will have the Magic Remote control the volume and power on your avr. So go to Settings-General and turn on SIMPLINK. So far it works, but if you'll still need your avr remote for everything else.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2014 at 11:08 PM by airborne03 »

Offline simonzaide

• DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2014 at 11:38 PM »

What keyboard did you get? I've still to look. Yung regular size Genius kb ayaw gumana the wifi dongle, so that's a bust.

Wala pa keyboard still looking around

Offline omi08

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 28, 2014 at 07:22 PM »
Wala pa keyboard still looking around
gumagana po sir yung rapoo wireless mouse ko at yung logitech keyboard..yung mouse smooth, parang sa pc rin..pero yung keyboard ma-lag, not sure kung yung web browser ang mabagal..5ghz yung mouse 2.4ghz lang yung keyboard..
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2014 at 07:23 PM by omi08 »

Offline airborne03

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 28, 2014 at 11:03 PM »
gumagana po sir yung rapoo wireless mouse ko at yung logitech keyboard..yung mouse smooth, parang sa pc rin..pero yung keyboard ma-lag, not sure kung yung web browser ang mabagal..5ghz yung mouse 2.4ghz lang yung keyboard..

Is this regular size na keyboard? Nag hahanap ako ng smaller kasi. Good to know Logitech works.

Offline simonzaide

• DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 29, 2014 at 01:09 AM »
I think the os tlga is a bit slow tried browsing youtube using the magic remote medyo mabagal tlga sya

Offline airborne03

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Dec 29, 2014 at 06:42 PM »
I just launched and signed in to YouTube, ok naman siya, not laggy. Our wi-fi is fibr though, so it depends on your network siguro. Using SIMPLINK pa, when you open the tv it opens the avr with it and the avr switches to TV mode  na. To turn this off, just turn off the avr when the tv is on.

Offline omi08

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Dec 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM »
Is this regular size na keyboard? Nag hahanap ako ng smaller kasi. Good to know Logitech works.

try Measy wireless keyboard with trackpad sir..based on the review here, http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,194851.0.html, gumagana sya..

then sabihan mo ko sir kung san ka nabili..=)

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jan 02, 2015 at 01:05 PM »
@airborne03,  @zechs

I am using the magic remote to control a humax set top box (cignal).    The configuration was painless, almost automatic, audio is ARC connected to a marantz avr, although I  am using the tv speaker most of the time  switching audio output via the magic remote is easy,  so are other things like switching sources, media shares, etc.

After almost a month of using the magic remote, I love it.  It's the only remote i hold these days. For me, magic remote + webos gives the best smart tv experience,  once you got used to it.

Offline airborne03

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2015 at 06:30 PM »
@airborne03,  @zechs

I am using the magic remote to control a humax set top box (cignal).    The configuration was painless, almost automatic, audio is ARC connected to a marantz avr, although I  am using the tv speaker most of the time  switching audio output via the magic remote is easy,  so are other things like switching sources, media shares, etc.

After almost a month of using the magic remote, I love it.  It's the only remote i hold these days. For me, magic remote + webos gives the best smart tv experience,  once you got used to it.

Hi, thanks for the input. Walk me through how you set the magic remote so I can use it to control my Sky cable box. It asked me sa set-up, there are 3 options, I chose one (forgot which) and obviously that wasn't it.

Me din I like it can control my avr, but I tend to use the tv more also. Again, it's cool you can control your avr settings via the Magic Remote, but it's a bit fiddly for me so I still use my avr remote to fine tune stuff. I totally agree, it's a great smart tv, pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Offline zechs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 03, 2015 at 11:22 PM »
@airborne03,
I think sa pinanood kong youtube video, hindi din gumana yung magic remote dun sa first option so tried the 2nd, gumana na.

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jan 06, 2015 at 02:33 PM »
I initially did not setup the 'universal remote' for the setup box, thinking it aint gonna be intuitive.  But changed my mind after and gave it a try.

What I did... Press home-> click 'connection', it's the icon that looks like a plug, right next to the date/time on the upper right.  I then select the hdmi (or component input) where the set top box is connected.  There should be an 'edit universal something...' (can't remember exactly).  Next, I chose the brand of my set top box (humax in my case).  I just followed the rest of the instructions and voila... the magic remote can now control my set top box, everything works, channel, menu, etc.

Doing the same procedure to setup the marantz receiver, not all functions are supported, only the basic ones power, volume.  inputs, sound modes, other advance function are not working.

For watching cable tv, movies (with attached hard disk), I am very satisfied with the magic remote (although, not immediately, I hated it during my initial use but liked it a lot the more I used it).