Author Topic: The Quest  (Read 719 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
The Quest
« on: Aug 04, 2014 at 01:07 PM »

In this new reality competition series from the creators of The Amazing Race and The Blair Witch Project, 12 contestants are placed into the fantasy world of Everealm (actually a real castle in Austria), where they must compete as Paladins until the one true Hero is left to save the realm.

Very interesting premise, but some parts are so hokey I found myself cringing while watching, and I'm supposed to be into this kind of thing, being a gamer and all, LOL. Have to give the producers credit for sparing no expense in finding a castle and outfitting it with actors and the appropriate props to recreate a mythical kingdom.

Even though the suspension of disbelief can be difficult while watching, I might stick around until it ends.

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: The Quest
« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2014 at 08:56 AM »
Watched this last night. So full of cheese but it is definitely entertaining especially for people who love RPGs. I love playing games like Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Age and Skyrim so this is definitely up my alley.

Magaling yung acting nung actors. I wonder if all the extras are given different lines like in video games pero limited to that line lang pwede sabihin. hehe

like kulitin nila nang kulitin yung isang character tapos paulit ulit yung linya. hehe

Anyway, maganda production nito. all out sa costumes and props.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2014 at 09:12 AM »
like kulitin nila nang kulitin yung isang character tapos paulit ulit yung linya. hehe

I was thinking about that as well, LOL...I read somewhere that the actors have been strictly ordered not to break out of character; if that was me, it's gonna take a lot of willpower not to break out laughing while saying those hokey lines, but then again I'm not an actor, heh  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2014 at 03:06 PM »
I tried watching this.

Di ko talaga natiis! LOL I was cringing through most of it.

I guess you really have to be part of its target audience to get into it.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Re: The Quest
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2014 at 04:22 PM »
I tried watching this.

Di ko talaga natiis! LOL I was cringing through most of it.

I guess you really have to be part of its target audience to get into it.
Yeeep. Haha

This is not like other reality shows kasi ito may halong fantasy a.k.a. acting. People who are not RPG fans will most likely be turned off by the fantasy part kasi over the top talaga.