Author Topic: PC technician / Service center  (Read 1307 times)

Offline titor

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
PC technician / Service center
« on: Aug 05, 2014 at 01:55 AM »
Guys I need help. Something weird happened over the weekend. Weird in a sense that I have 2 PC's conk out on me around the same time with the same symptoms. It just keeps on rebooting. I tried almost every trick I know and I can't seem to make it work.

Rig 1 (HTPC)
Intel i5-760; 2x2G G-skill Ripjaws; AMD 5450; Seasonic 620W 80plus bronz; 1x60GB intel SSD; 3x2TB WDD HDD
Rig 2 (Gaming)
Intel i5-3470; 4x2G G-Skill Ripjaws; AMD R9-280X; Aerocool 650W 80plus bronze; 1x120GB OCZ; 1TB WDD Black.

Rig 1 will not post keeps on rebooting every 10 seconds. Even if I don't turn it on it keeps the cycle.
Rig 2 will reach windows but after 1-2 minutes it will reboot. Even in Bios it will reboot after 1-2 minutes

Here's what i tried to fix it.

Change CMOS batteries, (bought 1 new)
cleaned processor, applied new thermal paste, and used a brand new stock HSF
swapped memory modules
swapped power supplies
tried using 1 stick of ram
boot with no HDD
boot with on board graphics

I think it's time to call an expert on this. any leads preferably around makati.

Thanks
That awkward moment when I'm drunk and you're still ugly.

Offline espionage

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: PC technician / Service center
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2014 at 05:42 PM »
Some plausible reasons why your -- or anyone else's computer system, for that matter -- isn't working properly may be related (but not limited to) any one or more of the following:

a corrupt file on the hard drive
a corrupt Windows system file
a corrupt or incompatible hardware driver
a newly installed program
a Spyware or virus infection
a hardware error [bad ram, video card, etc]
Possible Solutions

First, make sure that you don't have Windows XP to automatically reboot during a System Failure. This will allow you to view an error message from within Windows that is associated with your problem. Once you have the error message, write it down and then search for the error message using Google (even if it's a bunch of numbers).

If you don't receive an error message and your computer is still continuously rebooting, I would tend to think it may be a hardware issue -- perhaps one the cards inside your machine isn't plugged in all the way? Try unplugging and re-plugging each card into its respective slot. Make sure the slot and card interface are free of any dust, and then proceed to seat the card into the slot again (ensure there is nothing obstructing the card and never force it to go in).

As for resolving the problems I mentioned above:

For a corrupt or inconsistently reported file on the hard drive: run CHKDSK [check disk] on the drive. Go to My Computer, right-click the C drive, select Properties, and then go to the Tools tab, and select Check Now. Choose 'automatically fix file system errors' and Start. Repeat this process for all hard drive letters in your computer.

For a corrupt Windows system file: There really isn't any way to know if this is the case, unless Windows is reporting a problem with a certain system file. In most cases, CHKDSK [discussed above] should resolve any problems related to your file system that can result in a corrupted file; but if that doesn't fix it, you can try issuing a System Repair. Note, however, that I would not recommend issuing a repair or restore unless you have exhausted all possibilities because you will have to reinstall all Service Packs and hot-fixes once your system has been reverted. As for opting to do a System Restore versus System Repair: a restore will only revert your System Registry (which very well may solve your problem) but does not [as far as I know] restore corrupt system files.
Samsung 65" NU7100 | Onkyo TXSR608 | Zidoo X9S | AMD HTPC | PS4 | A-Audio FS | WH3 CS | Daichi Surr

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2014 at 08:09 PM »
Thanks. I'll check on those later. And I might do a bios update as well. Weird lang na sabay sabay. Kala ko nga lightning (still plausible)

Offline rthirtyfourgtr

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2014 at 08:23 PM »
Did you only swap between the two psu that you already had? If yes, i'd recommend that you try to borrow a psu that's known to be good.

If you can't borrow one, try bringing the cpu+ram+mobo to a store that sells parts. They might test it for free if you give them the impression that you'll buy a psu if all 3 parts are tested to be in good condition.
One should not seek the meaning of life until one is ready to understand death.

Offline titor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2014 at 05:28 AM »
Did you only swap between the two psu that you already had? If yes, i'd recommend that you try to borrow a psu that's known to be good.

If you can't borrow one, try bringing the cpu+ram+mobo to a store that sells parts. They might test it for free if you give them the impression that you'll buy a psu if all 3 parts are tested to be in good condition.

Did this. dun sa gaming pc ko. yung HTPC ko i'll work on it next week. NMT muna ako. At first nilinis lang yung ram using contact cleaner. it worked sa dynaquest but when i got home bumalik ang symptoms. Got too frustrated ended up buying a new board. I just hope board talaga yung problema otherwise I have an extra mobo. ipa RMA ko sana but can't seem to find the receipt of the old board. 7 months palang yun.
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2014 at 05:29 AM by titor »