Author Topic: Got a Fostex Fe127 - What enclosure dillema?  (Read 7962 times)

Offline darkangel69

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • | this guy is a music lover |
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Got a Fostex Fe127 - What enclosure dillema?
« Reply #30 on: Aug 07, 2014 at 09:30 PM »
Pasensiya ka na sir Gino kung madami akong tanong, sobrang dami na kasi ng page ng Speaker DIY'ers thread kaya di na ako makasingit dun, hehehe
--*--AM JUST A MUSIC LOVER--*--

Offline Gino

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #31 on: Aug 07, 2014 at 09:45 PM »
Box design na ang tuning. Yung 5 liter internal vol box ko with 50mm x 75mm port is tuned to 100Hz. But  that is for the FE126EN. I'll have to confer with Mr. Brines re the FE127E.

Offline darkangel69

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Aug 07, 2014 at 09:53 PM »
Box design na ang tuning. Yung 5 liter internal vol box ko with 50mm x 75mm port is tuned to 100Hz. But  that is for the FE126EN. I'll have to confer with Mr. Brines re the FE127E.

Sige po sir Gino, baka kasi puwede na yung dimensions na naibigay mo with a few adjusments depending on the thickness of the materials to be used on the enclosure.

Offline Gino

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Aug 07, 2014 at 09:55 PM »
I am sure around that size pwede. Shot him an email.

Offline darkangel69

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Aug 07, 2014 at 10:04 PM »
I am sure around that size pwede. Shot him an email.

Do you have his email then? TIA.

Offline Gino

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Aug 08, 2014 at 09:40 AM »
Looks like the factory recommended box for the FE127E is similar to my FE126EN reco box. 10L tuned to 70hz. This to me suggests my box specs will work with the FE127E. 5Liters with 50mm x 75mm port. This is tuned to 100hz.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://mesbricolages.over-blog.com/categorie-916015.html&usg=ALkJrhg_smGZL-9NEJ99VRRYI2DPsx7uIg

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: Aug 08, 2014 at 11:55 AM »
Based on what I've read at diyaudio, I wouldn't recommend using solid wood (especially 25mm thick). It has to do with the resonance of the box in reaction to the mated drivers. Depending on the design of the enclosure. sometimes it is even intentional to have thin baffles such as some Harbeth enclosures and Zigmahornet enclosures, in which the design lets the box itself resonate well with the drivers.

I recommend high quality 15-18mm plywood for your encloure. If you really want solid wood included in your enclosure, you could accent your speakers with side wood panels na lang, like some Sonus Faber enclosures.
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686

Offline darkangel69

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Aug 08, 2014 at 01:29 PM »
Looks like the factory recommended box for the FE127E is similar to my FE126EN reco box. 10L tuned to 70hz. This to me suggests my box specs will work with the FE127E. 5Liters with 50mm x 75mm port. This is tuned to 100hz.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://mesbricolages.over-blog.com/categorie-916015.html&usg=ALkJrhg_smGZL-9NEJ99VRRYI2DPsx7uIg

Ayos,  ;D...
Medyo may nabubuo na po akong idea based sa link po ninyo.

Based on what I've read at diyaudio, I wouldn't recommend using solid wood (especially 25mm thick). It has to do with the resonance of the box in reaction to the mated drivers. Depending on the design of the enclosure. sometimes it is even intentional to have thin baffles such as some Harbeth enclosures and Zigmahornet enclosures, in which the design lets the box itself resonate well with the drivers.

I recommend high quality 15-18mm plywood for your encloure. If you really want solid wood included in your enclosure, you could accent your speakers with side wood panels na lang, like some Sonus Faber enclosures.

I was thinking if solid wood ang gagamitin the box would be sturdy and would not need internal bracing. If that's the case hanap na lang ako ng high quality plywood, itatabi ko muna yung solid wood ko for other speaker projects.

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 08, 2014 at 04:06 PM »
Solid wood,plywood, as well as other materials have resonance. It is next to impossible to eliminate it. That is where bracing comes in, controlling the panels and pushing the resonance where it is less likely to add colouration. With that said, bracing is the key  ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2014 at 04:13 PM by deist »

Offline darkangel69

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Aug 08, 2014 at 08:32 PM »
Solid wood,plywood, as well as other materials have resonance. It is next to impossible to eliminate it. That is where bracing comes in, controlling the panels and pushing the resonance where it is less likely to add colouration. With that said, bracing is the key  ;)

That means if we have a box with decent bracing then the resonance will somehow lessen if not totally eliminate it.

Offline darkangel69

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 08, 2014 at 08:33 PM »
Dami po ninyo mga ideas mga master, keep them coming... ;D

Offline Gino

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Aug 08, 2014 at 09:15 PM »
Bob Brines said you need a 12 liter box with a 50mmx100mm port. If you have a deep desk, then you can make a reasonably small front face and extend the box to the back . This way you fool the eyes into seeing small bookshelf speakers.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2014 at 09:51 PM by Gino »

Offline Joken

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Apprentice
  • m a nb
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Aug 11, 2014 at 11:58 AM »