Author Topic: NBC's Journeyman  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NBC's Journeyman
« on: Sep 10, 2007 at 05:59 AM »
The pilot was "made available" last week. Journeyman is about a San Francisco newspaper reporter who finds himself traveling back in time for reasons unknown to help improve the lives of strangers. In the present, his wife and brother think he's crazy or on drugs; in the past, he keeps bumping into his long-missing ex-fiancee.

The ex-fiancee is hotter than the wife! I found the last scene with his wife quite touching 'though. If I'm not mistaken, NBC will air this alongside Heroes.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline chingko

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: NBC's Journeyman
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2007 at 06:42 AM »
Was indeed shown just right after Heroes hoping that this lead-in will sustain the show.
The ex-fiancee is played by Moon Bloodgood.  Ironically was in last year's quickly cancelled Day Break where the day kept repeating over and over ala Groundhog Day.
On this new show she travels back in time.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 08:44 PM »
The show's promising, but the overall theme was a rehash. And Kevin McKidd's a miscast, methinks.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 08:45 PM »
It's not Quantum Leap after all. The show got a lot better around the fifth episode. It got engaging how time travel affected Dan's relationship with his family, including his brother played by Reed Diamond. It looks like NBC will cancel the show. The show would work better that way, with around 13 episodes. This is how Prison Break should have ended as well.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM »
It's not Quantum Leap after all. The show got a lot better around the fifth episode. It got engaging how time travel affected Dan's relationship with his family, including his brother played by Reed Diamond. It looks like NBC will cancel the show. The show would work better that way, with around 13 episodes. This is how Prison Break should have ended as well.

another good show canceled by NBC!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 01:09 PM »
I believe it was given a nod for an entire season. But the strike the production stopped. It was good but I don't really see it going beyond season 1.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 05:18 PM »
I believe it was given a nod for an entire season. But the strike the production stopped. It was good but I don't really see it going beyond season 1.

yep, saw all 13 episodes of the 1st season. really like it a lot but unfortunately... NBC canceled it, i.e. no season 2.  >:( >:(

wish they'd at least have a 3-part mini-series to complete Dan Vasser's journey. would very much wanna know how his tale ends.

for fans of the show, pls join this petition:   http://www.savedanvasser.com

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2014 at 10:06 PM »
The Journeyman reunion on Franklin & Bash was this week. They did the whole, "You look familiar..." bit!

I miss this show. Cancelled too soon.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...