Author Topic: PBA Season 40  (Read 78274 times)

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
Re: PBA Season 40
« Reply #450 on: Aug 26, 2015 at 08:53 AM »
Puro lopsided trades pa din. Kaya nawawalan na ako ng gana manood ng pba. Yung farm team barako ata 7 na ang point guards after nung trade.  Kung salva for the 3 guards pwede pa siguro palampasin eh kaso sinamahan pa ng barako ng 1st round pick!

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #451 on: Aug 26, 2015 at 10:01 AM »
Yeah. Troy Rosario for Kevin Alas and Rob Reyes? Incredible!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #452 on: Aug 26, 2015 at 11:14 AM »
WOW ...... as expected the PBA's greatest coach/hypocrite Tim Cone will make grossly lopsided trades once he got transferred to BGK (like he did with PUREFOODS).

The triangle requires certain types of players & the only way that Tim Cone gets them, is to use SMCorp's farm teams.

** In 2011, Josh Urbiztondo was a high-scoring & starting PG for AIR21 (SMCorp farm team) ..... he was mysteriously relegated to the reserved list, which meant that any team can make an offer and get him. A few days later, Urbiztondo was in PUREFOODS roster.

Then ALASKA head coach, Tim Cone, protested the transfer, saying it was an obvious under-the-table deal by SMCorp and another way to circumvent PBA rules.

** By 2012, Tim Cone was already the head coach of PUREFOODS and had Urbiztondo as a backup PG. Tim Cone totally went against his principles and proceeded to "trade" Urbiztondo back to BARAKO (AIR21 franchise buyer) in exchange for BARAKO's 1st round pick, who turned out to be bluechip rookie Ian Sangalang.

Like all of their lopsided trades, BARAKO will play Urbiztondo for a conference or two and will trade him to another SMCorp team, GINEBRA.

** Now, Tim Cone is the new GINEBRA head coach which has Urbiztondo in it's roster. He does the same sh1t he does a few years ago - he "trades" Urbiztondo, Monfort, etc for Salva (inconsistent but has upside) plus BARAKO's 1st pick next draft ....... where he expects to choose among bluechippers like Ravena, Parks, etc.

Hindi na mabilang ang mga sh1t trades na ganito sa PBA ..... bago na ang commissioner, pero wala pa din ginagawang hakbang para pigilan ang mga ito.

Nga pala, Chito din pala ang pangalan nang bagong commissioner.

Comm. Cheato Salud = Comm. Cheato Narvasa  ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #453 on: Aug 26, 2015 at 08:41 PM »
Yeah. Troy Rosario for Kevin Alas and Rob Reyes? Incredible!

kevin alas was good when playing in the NCAA but I don't think he has created a good impression in the PBA, Troy on the other hand is a hot commodity tapos pinakawalan, incredible indeed.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #454 on: Aug 26, 2015 at 09:59 PM »
Truth is, Troy Rosario is largely unproven in the pros. He wasn't unstoppable in college, either.

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #455 on: Aug 26, 2015 at 10:55 PM »
Truth is, Troy Rosario is largely unproven in the pros. He wasn't unstoppable in college, either.
i think this is true,although i only watched him play in the uaap finals parang hindi naman sya dominante,parang si aroga,alolino saka kabountin ang nagdala sa NU sa championship

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: Aug 26, 2015 at 11:40 PM »

brader Verv a lot of basketball analyst were saying he has a lot of potential in fact agreed if not for Tautua joining the draft he would have been number one. surely he has not proven anything in the pro but all write ups point to a lot being surprised about his vast improvement and have not talked about his stint in NU as reason why he was touted to potentially create a stir in the pro its his recent improvement that was the basis. if everything will be based on moves, talent and potential im sure all basketball fans here would agree Rob Reyes would be no match.

Kevin Alas used to be big in the amateur but he has not proven anything in the pro. head to head talent wise and potential to contribute, Alas with Reyes for Troy I believe is incredible indeed but who knows a lot of things can happen. I rarely share my thoughts in this thread but would love to see myself proven wrong about what I believe is a lopsided trade.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Aug 26, 2015 at 11:43 PM »
I was just wondering, is the PBA untouchable? I mean we as basketball lovers have mostly agreed about SMC and MVP group trying to do a huge mockery of the league with their lopsided trades and manipulations yet there is no one who can end this or even investigate?

Mahindra picked second overall and they will just give away the number two pick for two players who have not created a stir in the league?
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015 at 11:45 PM by Onkyo606 »

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Aug 27, 2015 at 06:47 AM »
I was just wondering, is the PBA untouchable? I mean we as basketball lovers have mostly agreed about SMC and MVP group trying to do a huge mockery of the league with their lopsided trades and manipulations yet there is no one who can end this or even investigate?

Mahindra picked second overall and they will just give away the number two pick for two players who have not created a stir in the league?

I think other teams should raise their concerns on this first. Seems they're just happy with the advertisement they are getting playing in the PBA.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Aug 27, 2015 at 11:47 AM »

Independent team owners of both ALASKA & ROS (plus the defunt POWERADE) has always been very vocal about the shenanigans in the PBA ...... just a season ago, ROS coach Yeng Guiao called Comm. Cheato Salud a salamangkero.

However, all of these are fruitless since majority wins in the PBA e.g. SMCorp with 5 teams & MVP with 4 teams.

As for the Troy Rosario trade to TnT, it does look lopsided just because he was the 2nd overall pick ....... but looking at it closely, its not as lopsided since, like many posted here, I completely agree that Rosario is more hype than substance. He's still very raw and was a relative unknown even in NU's recent championship.

KIA needs to win in any way possible ....... like BLACKWATER, its a team that seems like it wont last long in the PBA, hence wont build slowly, but will target any win it can get.

Offline jhelenz

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: Aug 27, 2015 at 01:50 PM »
sa mvp and smc teams ok lang mag gamble sa mga rookies. puede naman I trade sa farm teams kung sakali maging bust. yung rob Reyes kasi parang wala nag iimprove yung laro. unlike ni troy na malaki daw ang potential.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #461 on: Aug 27, 2015 at 04:19 PM »
KIA gets KG Canaleta, Aldrech Ramos & Rob Reyes from the Troy Rosario deal ....... that doesnt sound so lopsided to me, since KIA is on a win-now mode.

Along with BLACKWATER, mukhang hindi tatagal sa PBA itong KIA, kaya win-now mode si Kots Manny.

Offline jhelenz

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Aug 27, 2015 at 04:21 PM »
nasa perception na kasi ng mga tao na pag nakipag deal ang mvp and smc teams,lopsided na agad

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Aug 27, 2015 at 09:47 PM »
nasa perception na kasi ng mga tao na pag nakipag deal ang mvp and smc teams,lopsided na agad

I must admit I have this mindset when I said incredible trade, and all the while I thought the trade is Troy for Alas and Rob. KG Canaleta have been in trades way too many I cant count it anymore.

so kia's strategy is to get troy and use him as trade bait for players that kia feels can create immediate impact to the team?

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Aug 28, 2015 at 01:32 AM »

Actually, kapag SMCorp ang involved sa trade, its very, very likely that its lopsided ,it involves its farm teams and/or it violates the salary cap ...... either way, madaya sila.

As for MVP, their teams have had their share of lopsided trades, pero higit na mas kaunti kaysa sa SMCorp ..... which doesnt excuse them at all.

Let's just say na higit na mas garapal ang SMCorp kumpara sa MVP. Pareho silang madaya.

I must admit I have this mindset when I said incredible trade, and all the while I thought the trade is Troy for Alas and Rob. KG Canaleta have been in trades way too many I cant count it anymore.

so kia's strategy is to get troy and use him as trade bait for players that kia feels can create immediate impact to the team?

The trade was probably consumated BEFORE the actual draft.

TnT wanting Rosario, made a trade offer to KIA to draft Rosario for them ...... like I said, it sounds lopsided since it involves a high pick - but the returns that KIA got (KG, Ramos & Reyes) can help them win games far more than a rookie Rosario will.

Like I said, KIA is mainly interested in looking good in the car wars right now ....... drafting Kots Pacquiao and any PBA win they can get, is their only goal.

Long-term building & player development, wala silang interest sa mga yan.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #465 on: Aug 28, 2015 at 08:37 PM »
http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/san-miguel-beermen-trade

San Miguel Beer looking to unload Chris Lutz and Ronald Tubid, possibly to Barako

Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline jhelenz

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: Aug 28, 2015 at 10:46 PM »
http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/san-miguel-beermen-trade

San Miguel Beer looking to unload Chris Lutz and Ronald Tubid, possibly to Barako

sana sa ginebra mapunta si lutz

Offline jonjon

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Collector
  • 41 steels and counting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 324
« Reply #467 on: Aug 29, 2015 at 08:41 AM »
sana sa ginebra mapunta si lutz

Pwede.  Ibibigay ng Ginebra si Marcelo at Mercado.  Balik red bull sila.  Ginagawang katatawanan ng SMC ang PBA e.  Balita din, si RR Garcia ibibigay sa Star.
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2015 at 08:41 AM by jonjon »

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #468 on: Aug 29, 2015 at 08:52 AM »
Kalokohan na eh. Sa dami na ng guwardiya ng barako pwede na silang mag member sa padpao.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2607
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline jonjon

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Collector
  • 41 steels and counting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 324

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2607
« Reply #472 on: Sep 17, 2015 at 10:41 AM »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #473 on: Sep 20, 2015 at 03:25 PM »

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 12:50 PM »
Chua is, in fact, the head of basketball operations of San Miguel Corporation and Ginebra's representative to the league board, vesting him with vast influence not only on the three teams under SMC's umbrella but, more pointedly, on the results of league games.

Read more at http://m.spin.ph/sports/basketball/commentary/ban-on-snow-badua-a-chilling-message-by-the-pba-to-media#hJig1TcCbL7WjmID.99

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 01:05 PM »
Snow Badua is a known trouble-maker, still the PBA went grossly overboard with the sanctions and restrictions on Badua & anyone else who deals with him ....... tinatapakan na nila ang freedom of the press.

Yet more evidence on how 2 big corporation controls the PBA ...... pati ang commissioner hawak nila sa leeg.

Huwag galitin ang SMCorp, kung hindi yari ka.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #476 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 01:22 PM »
Snow Badua is a known trouble-maker, still the PBA went grossly overboard with the sanctions and restrictions on Badua & anyone else who deals with him ....... tinatapakan na nila ang freedom of the press.

Yet more evidence on how 2 big corporation controls the PBA ...... pati ang commissioner hawak nila sa leeg.

Huwag galitin ang SMCorp, kung hindi yari ka.

Sir, if Alfrancis ain't guilty of this, SMC can always choose to ignore the allegations...YET it resulted to this...Hmmmmmmm!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 02:03 PM »
Sir, if Alfrancis ain't guilty of this, SMC can always choose to ignore the allegations...YET it resulted to this...Hmmmmmmm!

Brader, regardless if Al Chua was guilty or not (IMO he's guilty), indeed SMCorp should have just kept silent about the issue.

If past pinoy sex scandals had taught us anything, it's best for the guilty parties to keep a low profile and let time do the rest ...... sadyang madaling makakalimot at mapag-patawad ang Pinoy eh.

Eh sadyang mayabang ang SMCorp, mayabang si Chua at mayabang si Narvasa ....... nagkataon pa na matalik na magkaibigan itong si Chua & Narvasa (both longtime BCAP officials).

Ayun, nayari tuloy si Badua.

=========================================================================

Hehe, what goes around comes around din talaga ....... Al Chua was instrumental in the demotion of then SMCorp boss Noli Eala, owing to Eala's never-ending lopsided trades and an adultery scandal.

A few years later, si Chua naman ang may sex scandal (though no evidence, aside from a showbiz interview) kaya may posibilidad din na ma-demote siya sa ibang pwesto.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #478 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 02:06 PM »
Brader, regardless if Al Chua was guilty or not (IMO he's guilty), indeed SMCorp should have just kept silent about the issue.

If past pinoy sex scandals had taught us anything, it's best for the guilty parties to keep a low profile and let time do the rest ...... sadyang madaling makakalimot at mapag-patawad ang Pinoy eh.

Eh sadyang mayabang ang SMCorp, mayabang si Chua at mayabang si Narvasa ....... nagkataon pa na matalik na magkaibigan itong si Chua & Narvasa (both longtime BCAP officials).

Ayun, nayari tuloy si Badua.

=========================================================================

Hehe, what goes around comes around din talaga ....... Al Chua was instrumental in the demotion of then SMCorp boss Noli Eala, owing to Eala's never-ending lopsided trades and an adultery scandal.

A few years later, si Chua naman ang may sex scandal (though no evidence, aside from a showbiz interview) kaya may posibilidad din na ma-demote siya sa ibang pwesto.

Agree!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Sep 21, 2015 at 02:48 PM »
Sayang, hindi lawyer si Alfrancis Chua.  Another disbarment sana in the PBA family haha!