Author Topic: PBA Season 40  (Read 78104 times)

Offline painted_black

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: PBA Season 40
« Reply #60 on: Jan 08, 2015 at 08:15 AM »
whata game! mukang no match alaska nung 1st half. pero ganda pinakita nila as a team. nakakabilib! yung slip ni casio muntik na naman! pero.sobrang composed sila.

Parang yung last year game nila with ROS. Panalo na, natalo pa dahil sa slip ni JV pero last night buti hindi naulit.

Offline unotres

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2015 at 10:02 AM »
Nice game!

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #62 on: Jan 08, 2015 at 10:19 AM »
parang game 7 na yung game 1 kagabi eh. isa ata yun sa pinakamagandang pba finals game na napanuod ko.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Jan 08, 2015 at 11:54 AM »
Extra Rice Belga on the Beast Abueva : "Pag hinayaan mo na pumasok sa ulo mo si Calvin, masisira ulo mo. Kasi yun ang laro niya eh, ang pikunan ka at iwala ka sa focus....Ako nabiktima niya rin. Nanggigil ako sa kanya sa laro. Mapapansin ko na lang, medyo wala na pala ko sa focus"

Read more at: http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/beau-belga-rain-or-shine-calvin-abueva-edge-san-miguel-beermen-philippine-cup-finals-pba-june-mar-fajardo
Follow Us: @spinph on Twitter | spin.philippines on Facebook

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2015 at 09:14 PM »
I've been watching the PBA closely for a long time now, since the early 80's ...... I've seen many energizer players through the years - but none like Calvin Abueva.

Abueva is all energy, all the time ...... scores, rebounds, hustles, flops, antagonize, etc and he does all of these, as if its the last thing he'll do on earth. He takes way more hits than he gives out.

He's been punched, strangled, kicked, elbowed, etc in every part of his body - yet he'll come back for more, just to get the win. 

Not to say that Abueva is perfect - he has many flaws, chief among them is his propensity for errors ..... but boy, the guy is absolutely fun to watch.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2015 at 11:12 PM »
I've been watching the PBA closely for a long time now, since the early 80's ...... I've seen many energizer players through the years - but none like Calvin Abueva.

Abueva is all energy, all the time ...... scores, rebounds, hustles, flops, antagonize, etc and he does all of these, as if its the last thing he'll do on earth. He takes way more hits than he gives out.

He's been punched, strangled, kicked, elbowed, etc in every part of his body - yet he'll come back for more, just to get the win. 

Not to say that Abueva is perfect - he has many flaws, chief among them is his propensity for errors ..... but boy, the guy is absolutely fun to watch.

di sayang ang sweldo pag ganito ang player. sana lang wag mapuruhan at ma injure ng injury na tatapos sa karera nya.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 09, 2015 at 08:43 AM »
di sayang ang sweldo pag ganito ang player. sana lang wag mapuruhan at ma injure ng injury na tatapos sa karera nya.

As his teammate Dondon Hontiveros said, parang Wolverine daw si Abueva.   He would shrug off any pain and injury.  Kahit daw sa practice nila ganun din kahit masama ang bagsak that would normally be felt by a player laro pa rin daw si Calvin.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jan 09, 2015 at 08:18 PM »
As expected, it's 8 vs. 5 in Game 2 of the Finals ....... same recipe through the years, zebras come helping teams from SMCorp.  ;)

Abueva getting manhandled, yet very few calls.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jan 09, 2015 at 09:44 PM »
http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/jimmy-alapag-retires-talk-n-text-pba-gilas

Jimmy Alapag retires. If you're on the opposing team, the sight of Jimmy Alapag bringing down the ball and pulling-up for a long three, makes you curse in silence ...... it's patented and it has won many games.

Easily among the top ten PG's of all time.

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #69 on: Jan 10, 2015 at 02:29 PM »
have you watch game one and game two?

this championship series between San Miguel and Alaska has turned into a really ugly series: basketbrawl! the referees just let the game play on kahit obvious na yung fouls and the players are getting hurt.

i was really disappointed. mabuti pa sa NBA at FIBA, yung magaling talaga ang nananalo. sa PBA naman, wrestling match na ang nangyayari, despite d obvious unnecessary acts, ok pa rin sa mga refs?

the commissioner should urgently address this problem, yung mga nanonood nga sa mismong venue, naghahagis na ng bottled water to show their disgust. they came to watch basketball game, not a ufc/wrestling match.

the PBA is really deteriorating nowadays. this is not what the fans want. this is only for those very few people who have sadistic "criminal" minds who get excited with the sights of blood right on their face. gone are the days of the gladiators killing each other for the delight of their evil emperor.

this is not supposed to have happened. this is championship basketball.otherwise, the PBA is facing its doomsday earlier than expected.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jan 10, 2015 at 03:19 PM »
The PBA right now is very similar to the style of play in the 80's, extremely rough and fast paced.

However, the big difference, when a dangerous foul was done in the 80-90's, it was called as such and the player penalized and suspended ...... in Comm. Cheato Salud's PBA, he blatantly favors SMCorp teams that everything became bad precedent.

Fouls above the shoulders were normally F2 (thrown-out & suspension), but since Salud took over, it became F1 and nothing else.

=========================================================================

I'd have to disagree about a few things though - those who threw the bottles aren't disgusted with the game ...... they're simply young fantards who worship personalities (players) and don't know or haven't played the game themselves.

The PBA is thriving, evidence being the addition of 2 more teams and a few more wanting to get in (SM, Lamoiyan, etc) ........ what is wrong however, is that the PBA is attracting the wrong kind of crowd.

It's the kind of crowd who follows players and has zero love and knowledge for the game itself ...... they don't care how a team wins, even if salary cap rules, trading-rules, recruitment/draft rules, etc are violated.

People nowadays, only care about the win ....... fair play and good conduct is not at all important.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #71 on: Jan 10, 2015 at 03:22 PM »
i've watched both games and for me this is Philippine basketball. its a championship series so i expect the game to be very physical.

sabi nga ni jawo, "kung ayaw mo masaktan, mag chess ka na lang"
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2015 at 03:22 PM by frequenzy »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jan 10, 2015 at 04:23 PM »
^ Indeed, it's the Finals and physical play is expected ...... everybody loves a train wreck, but there should be limits to physical play.

Best said by Yeng Guiao ..... " Physical, not dirty."

But, how can the PBA justify these kinds of acts and not hand out penalties or suspensions.

That's a clear strangle from Dillinger, yet no suspension (hey, the NBA suspended Sprewell when he strangled his coach, and that was in practice!) ........ that's a clear wrestling move (note that the ball is hidden, so there's no play for the ball here - just intent to hurt). 

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jan 10, 2015 at 04:46 PM »
i've watched both games and for me this is Philippine basketball. its a championship series so i expect the game to be very physical.

sabi nga ni jawo, "kung ayaw mo masaktan, mag chess ka na lang"

OT
mas matindi ang tama sa chess, sa pag-iisip.
sa basketball, sa pangangatawan lang.
wala pa yatang nababaliw sa paglalaro ng basketball, sa chess meron na. :P ;)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 410
« Reply #74 on: Jan 10, 2015 at 05:04 PM »
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2015 at 05:07 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #75 on: Jan 11, 2015 at 01:27 AM »
mas madami tuloy ang naging interesado ulit sa PBA lately dahil sa mga "courtside action". siguro nakita din ng PBA na somehow nakaka draw ng crowd at viewership kaya naging medyo lenient sila.

still is a good finals series so far.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #76 on: Jan 11, 2015 at 07:14 PM »
Ganda ng laban nakahabol pa alaska will see if makuha nila last two minutes
Love me or hate me.....

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #77 on: Jan 11, 2015 at 07:26 PM »
kuha na bro.lamang pa ng walo. di talaga sumusuko tong team na to

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #78 on: Jan 11, 2015 at 07:28 PM »
tsaka malinis laro kanina.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jan 11, 2015 at 07:40 PM »
What a comeback by Alaska. Down 18 in the fourth, they just relentlessly kept coming back. Parang napagod ang SMB players. Nasira ang pacing ni Leo Austria. Again another monster game by the beast Abueva. He was everywhere - hustling, rebounding, passing, scoring in that furious rally. Thoss Exciminiano, Casio and Dondon also had superb games.

Except for that wayward arm by Abueva on Arwind (dalawang sugat na mukha ni Santos) and some skirmishes by Manuel and Semerad, the game was clean.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jan 11, 2015 at 07:48 PM »
Losing big leads especially in winning time to me is a sign of coaching weakness. Clearly, SMB has superior manpower with Fajardo. Kayang kaya tambakan ang Alaska. In all of the 3 games tinambakan nila Alaska. Mahina lang talaga to protect those leads.

Offline painted_black

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #81 on: Jan 11, 2015 at 08:56 PM »
Losing big leads especially in winning time to me is a sign of coaching weakness. Clearly, SMB has superior manpower with Fajardo. Kayang kaya tambakan ang Alaska. In all of the 3 games tinambakan nila Alaska. Mahina lang talaga to protect those leads.
Iba din talaga ng disiplina ng aces. Ganda rin ng rotation ng players.

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #82 on: Jan 11, 2015 at 11:04 PM »
coach din tingin ko may problema plus too many hero ball.parang anticipated na masyado ng aces yung play ng smb (which is to drop the ball to fajardo in the low post).i think he should use fajardo more on pick and roll plays to create more mismatch

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jan 12, 2015 at 08:43 AM »
http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/leo-austria-criticizes-san-miguel-for-losing-its-focus-again-i-can-only-do-so-much-

Sorry, players pala may kasalanan according to Coach Leo.  I thought it was the Coach :D :D

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jan 12, 2015 at 10:06 AM »
http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/leo-austria-criticizes-san-miguel-for-losing-its-focus-again-i-can-only-do-so-much-

Sorry, players pala may kasalanan according to Coach Leo.  I thought it was the Coach :D :D

To be fair to Leo Austria, he did take full responsibility for the loss ...... indeed, he was slow to adjust when ALASKA ran their press e.g. Ross instead of Cabagnot perhaps.

Hirap, lang may pahabol pa siya na sisi sa mga players ...... well, it's subtle unlike the ones made by Chot Reyes.  ;D

========================================================================

Playing fast on both ends of the court, this is the only way that ALASKA has any chance of winning this series ....... it reduces the chances for the zebras to rob you blind.

Full-court pressing doesn't usually work during playoffs, it's a good thing that ALASKA has a decent roster and Alex Compton spreads the minutes nicely.

This is still anyone's series ...... SMB is ultra-loaded, anyone from starters to bench guys can explode anytime. Let's just hope those zebras call it consistent and fair.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jan 12, 2015 at 10:20 AM »
The bettor in me still thinks SMB has the edge. Pupusta pa rin ako sa SMB.

The PBA fan in me, however, roots for Alaska.  Reminiscent of the 90's Ginebra! Parang ganun yun feeling ko when I watch this team.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jan 12, 2015 at 11:03 AM »
^ Yup, bro ..... SMB is still favored to win this series. Heavily favored, actually.

They have the last 2 MVP's at their roster. They have a roster built to win championships ....... para saan pa ang pag-trade (read: bili) nila nang bluechip draft picks and marquee players from other teams (read: farm teams), kung hindi para manalo nang championships.  ;)

However, many are rooting for ALASKA, myself included ....... no nonsense & hard-nosed play.

Tumpak, it reminds everyone of those old GINEBRA teams ....... hindi, itong recent teams.  ;)

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jan 12, 2015 at 06:22 PM »
Jumar Fajardo finals MVP

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jan 12, 2015 at 09:18 PM »
Jumar Fajardo finals MVP

If SMB wins then it most probably will be Fajardo. If Alaska wins, it will probably be Abueva.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jan 12, 2015 at 09:53 PM »
If SMB wins then it most probably will be Fajardo. If Alaska wins, it will probably be Abueva.

may nag leak somewhere, mukhang fajardo yata whatever happens