Author Topic: AVR with no FRONT PRE-OUTS  (Read 1311 times)

Offline exaltedgamer

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AVR with no FRONT PRE-OUTS
« on: Nov 10, 2014 at 01:41 AM »
I plan on upgrading my system by adding an Integrated Amp (for better sound quality) but found out that my AVR RX-V575 doesn't have front pre-outs to connect to the Integrated Amp.

For music, I'm currently using NuForce BTR-100 connected to my AVR thru SPDIF then I'm just using the DAC of my AVR. (most of my music are in FLAC on phone kaya ako bumili NuForce)

Ganito sana gagawin ko to upgrade. Any other suggestions?

« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM by exaltedgamer »
RX-V575
Rti A3
CSi A4
Fxi A6
DSW Pro 400

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
Re: AVR with no FRONT PRE-OUTS
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM »
Suggest ko separate system for HT and music. May analog out naman NuForce BTR-100 so you can plug it directly to your int amp. To use the front speakers for both HT and music you'll need a gadget to switch your front speakers between the AVR and int amp. I believe there's such switcher in the marketplace. ;)

Alternatively you can use a simple circuit that will convert the speaker level output from your AVR to int amp. It is a good option if you only want your system to play louder. Personally I don't prefer this option as your int amp would only be amplifying the signals having the sound character of your AVR, nulling your "better sound quality" goal.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline exaltedgamer

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2014 at 11:15 AM »
Suggest ko separate system for HT and music. May analog out naman NuForce BTR-100 so you can plug it directly to your int amp. To use the front speakers for both HT and music you'll need a gadget to switch your front speakers between the AVR and int amp. I believe there's such switcher in the marketplace. ;)

Alternatively you can use a simple circuit that will convert the speaker level output from your AVR to int amp. It is a good option if you only want your system to play louder. Personally I don't prefer this option as your int amp would only be amplifying the signals having the sound character of your AVR, nulling your "better sound quality" goal.

Parang ganito? Better sound quality ba from NuForce to integ amp?
RX-V575
Rti A3
CSi A4
Fxi A6
DSW Pro 400

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM »
Yes the diagram is correct.

Though I've never had personal experience with that DAC, I read reviews that its analog outs are very good if not excellent. And yes potentially better sound because your music will only pass the DAC and the int amp.

In your first diagram, assuming you use speaker line converters to RCA in lieu of the preouts, the music will pass your AVRs DAC, ADC. preamp, amplifier and level conversion before entering your int amp. So much path for noise and distortion to get through.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline exaltedgamer

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2014 at 02:14 PM »
Yes the diagram is correct.

Though I've never had personal experience with that DAC, I read reviews that its analog outs are very good if not excellent. And yes potentially better sound because your music will only pass the DAC and the int amp.

In your first diagram, assuming you use speaker line converters to RCA in lieu of the preouts, the music will pass your AVRs DAC, ADC. preamp, amplifier and level conversion before entering your int amp. So much path for noise and distortion to get through.

Thanks for the inputs! Nainspire ako dun sa mga 2 Chan setup nung hifi specifically the radho and leben setups.

Right now my speakers are biamped by the receiver. I would definetely audition integs and might also look for entry level dacs so NuForce>DAC>integ Tapos Hanap din switch para kung mag HT. I hope mamaximize Ko rti a3 and then add or upgrade.
RX-V575
Rti A3
CSi A4
Fxi A6
DSW Pro 400