Author Topic: LINE MAGNETIC | Hear what you never want to miss  (Read 22130 times)

Offline Ms. Tisa

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • to hear is to believe...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LINE MAGNETIC | Hear what you never want to miss
« on: Nov 18, 2014 at 07:28 PM »
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2015 at 02:39 PM by kit_katz »

Offline Ms. Tisa

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: LINE MAGNETIC | Hear want you never want to miss
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2014 at 06:48 PM »

Line Magnetic LM 219IA is a Pure Class A, Single Ended Design Amp with 24 watts per channel.

-All tube integrated with 12AX7 input tubes, 310A and 300B double stage driver tubes and 845 output tubes.
-With 4 pairs of input connectors and speaker terminals for 4, 8 and 16 Ohm are provided.
-Two user bias controls and bias meters are located on the front panel, allowing you to monitor and adjust bias with ease.
-One output meter with two needles is located on the middle of the front plate, to allow you to monitor the power output of each channel.
-Two pieces of specially designed EI transformers for the power supply and two EI transformers with wide bandwidth are used in the design.
-A Japanese ALPS audio grade volume potentiometer is used. Standard with remote.
-It is hand made construction with the finest point-to-point wiring.

Offline jayboy69

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2014 at 07:06 PM »
Beautiful!!! What's the SRP on this amp? :)

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2014 at 06:48 PM »
LM Audio 219IA 845 SET integrated Amplifier. 24 watt Single Ended Class A. 300B driver tubes, 310A input tubes. Adjustable bias via built in meters. Remote controlled. 4,8 and 16 ohm taps. Negative feedback adjustable and defeatable. Pre-amp input. Power output via meters. Two power transformers for true dual mono operation. Point to point wired throughout.

Full Music 300B Mesh as driver tubes.

845, 310A, 300B, 12AX tuve configuration

Wattage meter

Dual-Mono transformers in point to point handmade design

Backpanel

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2014 at 10:14 AM by AudioAmplified »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2014 at 08:55 PM »
LM 518Ia

Twenty watts per channel, Single Ended Triode design, Pure Class A Integrated Stereo Amplifier with 845 output power tubes.

- All tube Integrated with 12AX7 input tubes for voltage amplification, 6L6 driver tubes, 5AR4 rectifier tubes and 845 output tubes. Driver tubes 6L6 can also be replaced by EL34, KT88, 6550, or 6V6 and you can select which tubes you prefer judging by different sounds.
- 3 set of inputs, 1 pair pre-outputs and speaker terminals for 4, 8 and 16 ohm speakers are located on the back panel.
- User bias control has been used for bias adjustment and one meter has been added to the front plate to allow you to monitor bias with ease.
- External Hum Balance adjustment for sound adjustment.
- Specially designed EI transformers for power supply and two EI output transformers with wide bandwidth are applied.
- Japanese ALPS volume potentiometer, German N-cap coupling capacitors etc Audio grade components have been applied.
- Standard with remote control.
- Hand made construction with the finest point-to-point wiring.
- Soft Start and time-delay circuit. (30 seconds).

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2014 at 08:19 PM »
Line Magnetic 518ia Specifications:

Power output: 22W+22W
Frequency response: 10Hz~15kHz(-1.5dB)
THD: 1%(1kHz)
S/N Ratio: 87dB
Input Sensitivity: 230mV (Integrated), 1000mV (Pre-In)
Input Impedance: 100kΩ
Output Impedance: 4Ω,8Ω, 16Ω
Dimension (W×D×H): (430 x 430 x 400) mm
Tube Complement: 12AX7×2, 6L6EH×2, 5AR4×1, 845×2
Net Weight: 35.2kg
Power Consumption: 400W
« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014 at 08:24 PM by AudioAmplified »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
LM 518ia
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2014 at 08:24 PM »
The LM 518ia is described as powerful and able to handle a quite wide range of speakers, delivering the richest and most natural dynamics in the highest resolution over a wide frequency range with no gaps or signs of sonic harshness, perfectly linear, fine, cultured, soft and smooth like silk.

« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2014 at 08:31 PM by AudioAmplified »

Offline Ms. Tisa

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2015 at 12:54 PM »
LM 216Ia

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2015 at 04:40 PM »
Pakibasa na lang po rules dito sa PDVD. You need to put a price sa mga binebenta nyo.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline Ms. Tisa

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2015 at 03:52 PM »
Line Magnetic LM 216  Specifications:

Power output: 22W+22W (Triode Mode)
                  : 38W+38W (Ultralinear Mode)
Frequency response: 10Hz~50kHz(-1.5dB)
THD: 1%(1kHz)
S/N Ratio: 87dB
Input Sensitivity: 220mV
Input Impedance: 100kΩ
Output Impedance: 4Ω,8Ω,
Dynamic Range: 1220dB
Dimension: 376 x 345 x 192mm
Tube Complement: 12AX7×2, 12BH7×2, KT88×4
Net Weight: 19.6kg
Power Consumption: 230W

Offline cyberdraven

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Old Carabao eats young grass!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2015 at 06:31 PM »
Hi kit_katz, having extensively used LM and Cayin on various speakers, can you give us a rundown on the sonic differences, strengths of the 2 different brands?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2015 at 02:19 PM »
Sir Cyberdraven,

Actually, we haven't tried both Cayin and LM on all speakers so what I will share are generalized characteristics of both.

CAYIN - is often sweeter sounding and matches speakers that are on the "brighter" side as it can successfully tame its highs.  The entry levels of Cayin are more laid back and sounds excellent on vocals.  From our experience, Cayin matches B&W, Revel, Sonus, Aurum Cantus and Deuvel quite well.

LM - has more power and command for the same wattage rating.  These matches difficult to drive speakers well.  LM does very well if you like orchestra and fast music as it delivers speed and extended bass.  So far we have seen LM match well with (higher end) Xavian, Dynaudio, Thiel, its single ended does really really well with DeVore speakers.

Then again, music is really very personal. What we have are two very different sounding tube amps.  We carry both because each caters to a specific market and musical preference.  There is really NO best amp just like there is no best tube.  For instance, I happen to prefer EL84 tubes more than EL34 even if the latter gives more wattage.  But thats just me and I know that EL34 has its set of fans as well.

The best judge will be yourself.  Feel free to visit us and we can set up some comparisons for you.

Offline mayong_md

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2015 at 05:39 PM »
Hi. I have the 216ia. Would the series 600 of B&W do well with this amp? My amp presently drives a Classic AR92. Bass is a bit heavy and muddy. Highs are ok but not airy. AR is rated at 87db sensitivity. The B&W 685 S2 I was able to listen to with a Rotel. It was very detailed, airy, and imaging top notch. Your inputs please. Ty
Rega RP3, Hana EH MC, Moon 110LP phono, Rega Apollo, Line Magnetic, De Capo MM Be

Offline Ms. Tisa

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2015 at 05:37 PM »
Hi. I have the 216ia. Would the series 600 of B&W do well with this amp? My amp presently drives a Classic AR92. Bass is a bit heavy and muddy. Highs are ok but not airy. AR is rated at 87db sensitivity. The B&W 685 S2 I was able to listen to with a Rotel. It was very detailed, airy, and imaging top notch. Your inputs please. Ty

for us sir yes, but better if you can listen to the both items so you can hear it for yourself, listening is a very subjective matter, others may say no and vice versa. So i must say let your ears decide and give the final say. ;)

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM »
Sir,

Tube amps matches quite easily with speakers.  The B&W matches well with tubes because it is able to tame the highs while optimizing the miss.  Your 216 should do very well with that brand.  Since your are in the speaker market why don't you try to match LM with other brands as well just for variety.  Our Xavian and Duevel matches quite well with it.  Ive heard Dyns with LM and they sound sweet.  You can also try Devore and Revel. 

Shop around.  Take you time and let your ears decide for you  :)
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM by AudioAmplified »

Offline mayong_md

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2015 at 02:17 PM »
#Kit Kat: Thanks

#Audio Amplified: I'll take your advise and audition, audition, audition. The good guys at The Grey Market were kind enough to let me audition the Golderears Aon 3. I found the combination good. Music was detailed, not hard to listen too, and the highs not harsh.

So far I've auditioned the 685S2 paired with a Rotel SS amp, and the Aon 3 with the LM216 (amp that I have). So far so good.

Trying out several combo's though is difficult for me since I'm not from Manila. So tracking down a store with the LM and the above speakers you mentioned will require a lot of logistics and planning. Hehe.

Thanks for the inputs.

Mario
Rega RP3, Hana EH MC, Moon 110LP phono, Rega Apollo, Line Magnetic, De Capo MM Be

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2015 at 08:31 PM »
Our showroom has a full range of LM products.  If you want we can  always borrow the speaker that you are interested in to test with our amps.  I can get you B&W, revel, paradigm or you may want to also match it with our very own xavian or duevel.  The choice is your sir.

Offline cyberdraven

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Old Carabao eats young grass!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: Mar 03, 2015 at 06:12 PM »
I could vouch the generosity of this shop.

Last year we visited Sir Noel bringing in our peers in car audio community to listen to audition several speakers.  it was indeed a remarkable experience.  We tried  duevel and xavian paired with tube integrated amps.  What what marks the most and gave a lasting impression is their last room equipped with Aurum cantus and LM amps.  Classic experience!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Offline mayong_md

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: LINE MAGNETIC 216ia Bias Meter
« Reply #20 on: Jun 09, 2015 at 08:42 AM »
Greetings kit_katz. I hope this is the right thread to post this. (Mods please move if not correct forum.)

I have a LM216ia with KT88.

Question lang regarding the bias meter and how it is used.

1) what do the red and black lines refer to in the meter?

2) how do I interpret this? in the second photo for example, I switched on V1. Is this a correct bias reading? all other V's are in the same black dot reading.

Hope you can enlighten me. Thanks.
Mario

Offline n o l

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #21 on: Jun 09, 2015 at 09:01 AM »
Hi sir please PM best price of Line Magnetic LM 219IA Pure Class A.
Thank you. :)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #22 on: Jun 09, 2015 at 09:02 AM »
Hi sir please PM best price of Line Magnetic LM 219IA Pure Class A.
Thank you. :)

Hmmmmmm...
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline mayong_md

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jun 09, 2015 at 09:17 AM »
Hi Superman, maybe you can help me with my question. Hehe.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #24 on: Jun 09, 2015 at 10:12 AM »
You can try this doc:

"Biasing and setup

Biasing the 216IA’s power tubes consists of setting one of the Bias Current toggles to the tube to be biased and then, with a small flathead screwdriver, turning the corresponding pot while observing the ammeter, the objective being to get all four tubes to measure the same amount of bias current. The procedure is relatively easy except for the fact that the 216IA must be turned on for at least ten minutes before setting the bias, and by that time the tubes are quite hot -- trying to position and turn a screwdriver only an inch or so from a hot tube is tricky. The manual, which is passably translated and adequately informative, recommends the use of matched power tubes. At first I used the 8-ohm taps for my reference speakers, Harbeth Super HL5s, but found that the 4-ohm taps gave better grip and authority. James recommended that I burn in the tubes for 100 hours for the best sound, and ARN assured me that my demo sample had already been adequately conditioned. One more thing: When the 216IA is turned on, its mute circuitry is activated for a few seconds while the tubes warm up."

http://www.soundstageaccess.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/557-line-magnetic-audio-216ia-integrated-amplifier

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=amp&m=178008
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2015 at 10:13 AM by Superman »
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline mayong_md

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jun 09, 2015 at 11:17 AM »
thank you 'gel.

would you know if what is shown in the pic an okay place for the needle to be at? or dapat sa 1st or 3rd? Or anyone of the 3 as long as all the same from v1-4?

Thanks again.

Offline Ms. Tisa

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jun 10, 2015 at 11:27 AM »
Thanks sir Superman for the Inputs!  ;)

Yes sir mayong_md your set bias point is the standard bias point. It can also be on the 1st or on the 3rd depending on your preference just make sure that all tubes (v1-4) are on the same bias point. Also take note sir if you put the bias point before the 1st dot, pangit po tunog or if you put the bias point after the 3rd dot mas maganda po tunog pero mas mabilis po mauubos ung life ng tube.

Thanks!

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #27 on: Jun 10, 2015 at 12:12 PM »
Thanks sir Superman for the Inputs!  ;)

Yes sir mayong_md your set bias point is the standard bias point. It can also be on the 1st or on the 3rd depending on your preference just make sure that all tubes (v1-4) are on the same bias point. Also take note sir if you put the bias point before the 1st dot, pangit po tunog or if you put the bias point after the 3rd dot mas maganda po tunog pero mas mabilis po mauubos ung life ng tube.

Thanks!

Setting it to where it sounds best, mas maaga maubos ang life span ng tube right? Mga gaano katagal?
Walang Setup

Offline Ms. Tisa

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jun 10, 2015 at 12:14 PM »
Setting it to where it sounds best, mas maaga maubos ang life span ng tube right? Mga gaano katagal?

it depends din sir kung gaano kadalas gamitin ung amp. :)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #29 on: Jun 10, 2015 at 12:30 PM »
it depends din sir kung gaano kadalas gamitin ung amp. :)

Do you have idea on bulb life in hours if set to best sound settings?
Walang Setup