Author Topic: The Papal Visit 2015  (Read 43519 times)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
The Papal Visit 2015
« on: Nov 30, 2014 at 11:28 AM »

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1237
Re: The Papal Visit 2015
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2014 at 02:31 PM »
‘Papal Holiday’ declaration mulled
November 30, 2014

The declaration of a Papal holiday is being seriously considered by the government in connection with the forthcoming visit of Pope Francis to the country from January 15 to 19 next year, according to the Papal Visit Central Committee.

“We are seriously considering [the possibility] and in due time we will announce if there is going to be holidays on those days,” said former ambassador to Israel Marciano Paynor Jr. in the CBCP News post.

Paynor said that a Papal holiday will likely be declared, similar to what was done during the visit of Pope John Paul II to the Philippines in 1995.

“When John Paul II came here a holiday period had also been declared … It is under very serious and close study,” Paynor said.

Full article:
https://ph.news.yahoo.com/papal-holiday-declaration-mulled-175354900.html

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2014 at 07:36 AM »
sa posibleng epekto ni ruby ewan ko lang kung may magawa pang pansamantalang pakitang-Papa na pampapogi ang mga pulitiko na nauna namang sinabi na maging natural.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM »
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/12/03/14/welcome-banners-pope-francis-slammed

He told reporters: "There's nothing wrong in welcoming Pope Francis by displaying banners. I hope the banners will not be used to promote one’s self. Baka naman in the end, hindi mukha ni Pope ang nakalagay (In the end, it’s not Pope Francis’ face displayed on the banners)."

Eto ba yun tinatawag nilang "Epal"? Pati ba naman sa pagdating ng isang religious leader uso pa din ang epal? Hehe!

Offline Ice Storm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2014 at 07:15 PM »
RiteAid drugs and Metro Malls use the photos of Pope Francis with their logos to "greet him".

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/12/03/14/welcome-banners-pope-francis-slammed

Eto ba yun tinatawag nilang "Epal"? Pati ba naman sa pagdating ng isang religious leader uso pa din ang epal? Hehe!

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2014 at 05:50 PM »
tunay na progressibo kaya c pope kiko? Threat kaya cya sa mga conservatives.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2014 at 07:23 PM »
Roads to and from NAIA to be closed on January 15 and 19

If you're either going to or coming from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport on either January 15 or 19, we advise you to adjust your schedule now since the roads around the facility will be closed at certain hours to make way for the arrival as well as the departure of Pope Francis on those respective days.

According to Inquirer.net, Manila International Airport Authority public affairs officer Ma. Consuelo Bungag revealed that Sales Avenue, Andrews Avenue and Domestic Road will be closed to traffic on January 15 from 3pm to 7pm. The same roads will also be closed on January 19 from 7am to 10am.

With the road closures, access to NAIA will reportedly be possible only through the South Luzon Expressway, Bicutan, Sucat and Alabang roads.

Bungag also added that while NAIA Terminals 1 and 2 can still be accessed by the public, Terminals 3 and 4 will essentially be isolated by the road closures. To accommodate passengers who are headed for Terminals 3 and 4, MIAA has reportedly designated NAIA Terminal 1 Parking B as a "jump-off point" for them.

"From (this) staging area, (those travelers) will be brought to Terminals 3 and 4 via shuttle buses owned by NAIA, and these will pass by the air side because that’s the only way we can get them to the two terminals," Bungag said.

MIAA officer-in-charge for airport operations Alvin Candelaria even reportedly suggested that passengers rebook, refund or simply cancel their flights or "go with the inconvenience." If they opt for the latter, then Bungag advises them to be at the airport five to six hours before their scheduled flight.

Source

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2015 at 04:12 AM »
welcome the true vicar of christ pope kiko, progressive marxist? Liberation theologist kaya? http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/663968/pope-concern-for-the-poor-is-gospel-not-communism

Viva il papa !

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 12:11 PM »
main. backup& decoy?

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Please be kind, rewind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 12:43 PM »
I wish a safe visit for the Pope. I'm not the slightest bit religious, but I like what this Pope is doing for the Catholic Church and hope that he stays strong and in good health for a very long time.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2606
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 05:20 PM »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 10:03 PM »
I wish a safe visit for the Pope. I'm not the slightest bit religious, but I like what this Pope is doing for the Catholic Church and hope that he stays strong and in good health for a very long time.

I'm not Catholic, but I also hope the Papal visit will be without incident. 

And I'm very confident that nothing untoward will happen to him here.  Magagaling kasi ang Pilipino pag pinagbuti talaga. 
Si Pope John Paul II nga, muntik nang ma-assassinate dito in the 1995 World Youth Day celebrations.

Napanood ko yon sa Nat Geo, inaresto ng PNP si Murad (the international terrorist), tinorture ng pulis (suntok at siko sa tiyan and broke a few ribs, electrocution on genitals, & waterboarding with a towel on the face).  Ayun, kumanta si Murad, dinaldal yung Pope assassination plan in the Phils, kaya nalaman ng PNP.

Hindi pala sila uubra sa Pinoy ...  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bojinka
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2015 at 10:12 PM by barrister »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 10:29 PM »

I'm not Catholic, but I also hope the Papal visit will be without incident. 

And I'm very confident that nothing untoward will happen to him here.  Magagaling kasi ang Pilipino pag pinagbuti talaga. 
Si Pope John Paul II nga, muntik nang ma-assassinate dito in the 1995 World Youth Day celebrations.

Napanood ko yon sa Nat Geo, inaresto ng PNP si Murad (the international terrorist), tinorture ng pulis (suntok at siko sa tiyan and broke a few ribs, electrocution on genitals, & waterboarding with a towel on the face).  Ayun, kumanta si Murad, dinaldal yung Pope assassination plan in the Phils, kaya nalaman ng PNP.

Hindi pala sila uubra sa Pinoy ...  :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bojinka

If im not mistaken yung waterboarding with towel eh tayo sa pilipinas pinag mulan. I tried it myself while taking a shower, ibang klase talaga!

May chance kaya pag sabihan ni pope mga magnanakaw sa govt natin na pwede sila ma-excommunicate pag hindi sila tumigil sa pagnanakaw nila? Mga religioso pa naman mga govt officials natin. Baka pag napahiya eh magbago naman

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 10:44 PM »
Atty, si Macoy pala sumalba kay Pope noon.

http://www.editinternational.com/print.php?id=47a8873b6af3e

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 11:26 PM »
^ On the contrary, it was just one of the propagandas of Marcos:

http://rp1.abs-cbnnews.com/focus/10/22/14/how-marcos-tried-claim-credit-saving-popes-life

Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2015 at 11:36 PM »
I would also have doubt if the news came from ABSCBN.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 08:04 AM »
It seems to me that we are security overacting or its is just a reflection of our own lack of discipline? In Korea daw, chalk markings lang ang nagsilbing perimeter fence at wala isa man ang tumawid doon para lumapit sa Pope.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 08:35 AM »
there should be sir, dito kasi may threat talaga lalo na we have insurgents, sa kanila wala. Tapos predominantly catholic pa ang Pinas so really expect a lot of people to try and get close to the pope

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #20 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 08:49 AM »
nasa +/- 10% percent lang catholics ng koreah... samantalang dito sa atin nasa 85% di lang basta catholic... debotong catholic :)

tsaka tama si coment... previous visit ng mga pope lahat may mga threat di lang matuloy tuloy... kaya nga sakit sa ulo ng head of security ni Pope...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 11:35 AM »
Yes security of the Pope is our concern pero masyadong KJ naman yung layers na ginawa nilang protection to the extent na di na yata siya makita ng tao na siyang reason bakit sya nandito. Why am I saying this. Ok sa TV me ipinakitang area na ang layers of protection as ganito:

-The nearest to the convoy which is the first layer will be the Police on kapit bisig facing outward,
-Second is the concrete barrier with metal fence on top of it,
-Third is the selected Barangay tanods,
-Fourth will be the center island, and
-the last is another metal fence.

Hahaha when I saw this on TV naisip ko lang masyado na yata tayong UNDISCIPLINED na mukhang di na pwedeng kausapin pa ng matino. Anytime the Pope would want to come down and shake the hands of the people. But with this kind of measure di n talaga pwede, and only the rich and powerful can reach him.
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline heisenbergman

• Collector
  • Please be kind, rewind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 12:03 PM »
When the Pope was in Korea, all the officials had to do was draw a line with chalk to indicate up to where the public can stand and they had no problems.

Ang #1 problem talaga ng mga pinoy - kulang sa disiplina. Kung makakalusot, susubukan lumusot. Haaay.

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #23 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 12:17 PM »
When the Pope was in Korea, all the officials had to do was draw a line with chalk to indicate up to where the public can stand and they had no problems.

Ang #1 problem talaga ng mga pinoy - kulang sa disiplina. Kung makakalusot, susubukan lumusot. Haaay.

Makes you wonder how we can't follow simple rules gayung ang pinag-uusapan na dito ay matters of God, the Pope being a religious icon. And it all goes for all religions (baka maakusahan ako singling out the Catholics).

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 02:38 PM »
As part of the Security Measure, I heard there will be cellular phone signal black-out in the Luneta area.
For those attending the event in large groups best to find an alternative means of communicating with each other. HTH.

Where is the Love? BEP

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 03:00 PM »
If im not mistaken yung waterboarding with towel eh tayo sa pilipinas pinag mulan. I tried it myself while taking a shower, ibang klase talaga!

Posible.

Matagal ko nang narirnig yang bath towel on the face plus running water on a hose. 

Ang objective kasi dito sa atin, pahihirapan ng pulis without leaving obvious bruises.  Kaya mahilig silang sumuntok sa tiyan, hindi sa mukha.  Waterboarding, halos mamatay, pero wala ring marka.

Meron nga akong narinig, suspect sa attempted rape of a 10 year old, policewoman ang investigator, nabuwisit sa kasinungalingan ng suspect, biglang hinampas ni policewoman ng lumang phone book sa sentido (side of the head).  Nagulat nga yung tatay ng complainant.  Hilo yung suspect, pero walang marka sa mukha...  :D     

Atty, si Macoy pala sumalba kay Pope noon.

http://www.editinternational.com/print.php?id=47a8873b6af3e

Thanks for the info.  Ngayon ko lang narinig ito...  :o

Nag google ako for more info, ito yung mukhang credible na blog, papal security guards saved the pope daw:

https://anywhereiwander.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/memoir-blog-23-a-date-with-the-pope/

It seems to me that we are security overacting or its is just a reflection of our own lack of discipline? In Korea daw, chalk markings lang ang nagsilbing perimeter fence at wala isa man ang tumawid doon para lumapit sa Pope.

Sa akin naman, mabuti na rin yung over prepared ang security.  Kasi pag may nangyari kay Pope, nakakhiya tayo, baka sabihin ang tatanga ng mga Pinoy...

Mas problematic talaga ang situation dito.  Sa South Korea, 5 million catholics lang.  Dito, 80 million catholics. 

========================================

Tama ba yung naririnig ko, our popemobiles are not bulletproof, tapos open pa yung sides? 

Nakakatakot naman yon.  Pero ganon daw ang gusto ni Pope, kahit alam niya na puwede siyang ma-snipe.
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2015 at 03:13 PM by barrister »

Offline syoti

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2015 at 10:43 PM »
does anyone know where i can get passes for the meeting with the families event at moa arena? thanks

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #27 on: Jan 15, 2015 at 08:48 PM »
Was one of the volunteer human barricade for the Pope's arrival awhile ago in Naia Road. 1st Layer was the Police then we are infront of them and behind us are the volunteers from LGUs. Nakakalungkot lang was the convoy was too fast... We thought around 15 to 20kph lang ang takbo pero it was around 30 to 40kph kaya isang iglap lang namin nasulyapan si Pope Kiko. Nakakaawa din yung mga taong tumayo at naghintay ng more than 6 hours... Hopefully sa Monday bagal bagalan naman nila.

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #28 on: Jan 15, 2015 at 10:12 PM »
watched only sa tv, but got goosebumps all over. Back in 1995, I got to see st john paul II at ust and papal nuncio, sarap ng pakiramdam seeing the pope.

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #29 on: Jan 15, 2015 at 10:18 PM »
im also glad and happy to see the pope kahit sa tv lang. parang ang bilis nga ng takbo ng pope mobile...kala ko ba 10km/h lang takbo sa plano.