Author Topic: Tannoy Fusion Center pair with Tannoy Mercury V1i Bookshelf speakers  (Read 999 times)

Offline rhizom3

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hello, Pdvd'ers.

Someone is selling Tannoy Fusion center speaker (old stock but brand new) at half the price of the mercury vci. 

My setup is Yamaha RX-V377 with Tannoy Mercury V1i bookshelf speakers.  I also have a Dynaquest DQ-12 subwoofer. 

Do you think the fusion will do pairing it with my existing setup (50% movies / 50% music)?  Appreciate all your comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Hello, Pdvd'ers.

Someone is selling Tannoy Fusion center speaker (old stock but brand new) at half the price of the mercury vci. 

My setup is Yamaha RX-V377 with Tannoy Mercury V1i bookshelf speakers.  I also have a Dynaquest DQ-12 subwoofer. 

Do you think the fusion will do pairing it with my existing setup (50% movies / 50% music)?  Appreciate all your comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

very doable...   :)

Offline rhizom3

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thanks!  I've been reading some articles and all of them recommend having a center speaker that is in the same manufacturer and model/series.  I went for the Tannoy mercury VCI, instead.  The tweeter can go up to 53khz (same with my fronts) compared to the Fusion which can only go up to 20khz. 

The vocals really match with my fronts.  The voice of Michael Buble is very well defined when playing music with "DD prologic II Music".  I'm glad I went this route.

Thanks, again!

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Thanks!  I've been reading some articles and all of them recommend having a center speaker that is in the same manufacturer and model/series.  I went for the Tannoy mercury VCI, instead.  The tweeter can go up to 53khz (same with my fronts) compared to the Fusion which can only go up to 20khz. 

The vocals really match with my fronts.  The voice of Michael Buble is very well defined when playing music with "DD prologic II Music".  I'm glad I went this route.

Thanks, again!

that's a correct decision, tone matching vs price. for HT, preferably the same model and make.

cheers.